MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, Childish_Landino said:

I would temper expectations that the Gunship reveal is at Lego Con...

Oh geez... :hmpf:

10 hours ago, Mr. Cube said:

At least, if they didn’t want to produce Mandalorian helmet in new color, they could give him green helmet + new print, because they produced that helmet in green for Mandalorian battle pack. And green would work better for repainted Boba than sand green, IMO.

Yes, standard green might actually be the best choice since the details would be washed out on dark green, especially with a printed black visor and dark green cheeks. Either would have been better than sticking with sand green though. I really don't know what they were thinking.

14 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Yes, standard green might actually be the best choice since the details would be washed out on dark green, especially with a printed black visor and dark green cheeks. Either would have been better than sticking with sand green though. I really don't know what they were thinking.

Overall I'm just happy we actually get a new Boba instead of just the old one, as it was reported by leakers and as we all expected.

And best of all: one of not many SW figures with arm printing (so far only Greedo, 3x Boba, Vader, 3PO, 2x Wookies, 1x FO officer, 2x Maul, Bescar Mando as far as Im aware of)

But yeah, would have been cool to get dark green helmet. It's hard to say and depends on the versions of the movie/lighting anyway what kind of green Bobas armor is anyway. To me the ESB version always looked like a matt dark green in general.

42 minutes ago, Childish_Landino said:

Hmmm…that means that either it could be just a tease, but lego themselves have said that they will reveal a Star Wars set…that must mean it’s something else. It’s probably too early for the AT AT, so the question then stands, what could be important enough for them to reveal there?

Edited by Brickroll

14 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Hmmm…that means that either it could be just a tease, but lego themselves have said that they will reveal a Star Wars set…that must mean it’s something else. It’s probably too early for the AT AT, so the question then stands, what could be important enough for them to reveal there?

If not the as-yet-unknown 75369, I'd say either the forge or Gideon's cruiser.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Oh geez... :hmpf:

Could be the 2hy d2c (AT-AT, right?), the armorer's forge, or even something they managed to keep secret from most leakers.

Unless that additional set of which we know nothing about is something that special and warrants a reveal as advertised, not revealing the UCS Gunship then would really be an extremely stupid idea. And the AT-AT wouldn't make sense if it releases later.

Does anyone else think it's possible that he haven't seen all the advent calendar minifigs? All the minifigs rumoured were in the catalogue picture (and usually they keep one or 2 hidden from such pictures) and they're aren't as many figs as usual even if we count Grogu as a minifig. Also the marvel colander from the same catalogue doesn't show all it's figs... maybe they're could be another minifig? maybe even a new one, like Cobb Vanth or something, it wouldn't be the first time we get 2 new figures with a calendar, marvel's one comes with Christmas iron man  and a new jacketed spiderman, and there was the one with both poe and Vader in Christmas jumpers. 

Also an unrelated question... Have we seen the back of the wrecker armour? Cause if had a stud (or another useful connection point) then it could be used for Paz, and attach a brickbuilt jetpack at the back.

1 hour ago, Childish_Landino said:

Oh god, it's a random The Mandalorian set, isn't it? :ugh:

14 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

Unless that additional set of which we know nothing about is something that special and warrants a reveal as advertised, not revealing the UCS Gunship then would really be an extremely stupid idea. And the AT-AT wouldn't make sense if it releases later.

I'm not sure it would be stupid, we still haven't had a leaked release for it as far as I know. For all we know it could be coming in September with the AT-AT in like November, in which case it would probably be revealed around the last week of August. UCS sets are rarely revealed or even leaked more than two or three weeks in advance.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh god, it's a random The Mandalorian set, isn't it? :ugh:

Suppose it could be sets we have already "seen" from last weeks leaks...that would be less than ideal. Moreso that we have seen those and not much new information (could be more set / figured details that we have not seen yet). 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

10 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Does anyone else think it's possible that he haven't seen all the advent calendar minifigs?

Possible but I doubt it would be a new one. I think advent calendars are limited to 2 new printed pieces and Mando and Grogu already use that up. As much as Cobb Vanth would have been a perfect choice (Similar to Antoc Merrick a few years ago) I doubt we will get him.

1 minute ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I'm not sure it would be stupid, we still haven't had a leaked release for it as far as I know. For all we know it could be coming in September with the AT-AT in like November, in which case it would probably be revealed around the last week of August. UCS sets are rarely revealed or even leaked more than two or three weeks in advance.

That's true. But what other set would make sense to be hyped up for the reveal like this? Hey, look at this exclusive 30$ Forge, the 4th set to feature your favorite character - Beskar Mando. And if you preorder now, you'll get this amazing farm boy Luke polybag, you know, cause the game won't release anytime soon and we have to get rid of these. Jokes aside, honestly, I'm really curious to see what they have planned for this. 19 days to go I guess :shrug_oh_well:

25 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Also an unrelated question... Have we seen the back of the wrecker armour? Cause if had a stud (or another useful connection point) then it could be used for Paz, and attach a brickbuilt jetpack at the back.

I think 2 studs are visible in one promo picture of the set.

Unfortunately - I would have liked a "clean" piece; similar to the 2 armor pieces ninjago has given us in the last few years. I think the piece used for Wrecker is just too similar to the Galaxy police piece.

but yeah - brick built jet pack ahoi - the question is just how to build a jetpack with two studs? I have many brick built jet packs that Im proud of; but they are all with 1 stud connection.

35 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Suppose it could be sets we have already "seen" from last weeks leaks...that would be less than ideal. Moreso that we have seen those and not much new information (could be more set / figured details that we have not seen yet). 

If it's not a D2C, then we have 3 options:

1. One of the August The Mandalorian sets, which leaked some time ago.

2. Mandalorian Armory.

3. 75369, the unknown set we know is coming.

55 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Unfortunately - I would have liked a "clean" piece; similar to the 2 armor pieces ninjago has given us in the last few years. I think the piece used for Wrecker is just too similar to the Galaxy police piece.

but yeah - brick built jet pack ahoi - the question is just how to build a jetpack with two studs? I have many brick built jet packs that Im proud of; but they are all with 1 stud connection.

1x2 plate, two 1x1 clips, two lightsaber handles. Voila. 

Edited by hondohnaka

1 hour ago, Stefanisimo said:

That's true. But what other set would make sense to be hyped up for the reveal like this? Hey, look at this exclusive 30$ Forge, the 4th set to feature your favorite character - Beskar Mando.

Well... Yep, this honestly would not surprise me in the slightest :laugh:

Honestly, I think the Cruiser would be a prime target for a reveal. It's big, it's impressive, it's got three exclusive figures, it's been in the works for two years. It's no gunship, but it would make sense. Which annoys me because it means we'll probably have to wait another three weeks :hmpf_bad:

3 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

Promobricks just published a story on LEGO Con today with the title "LEGO CON 2021: Presentation of the UCS Gunship is coming!" Are they off? They didn't guarantee it, but sounded pretty confident the Gunship will be the revealed set.

1 hour ago, Stefanisimo said:

Possible but I doubt it would be a new one. I think advent calendars are limited to 2 new printed pieces and Mando and Grogu already use that up. As much as Cobb Vanth would have been a perfect choice (Similar to Antoc Merrick a few years ago) I doubt we will get him.

That's true. But what other set would make sense to be hyped up for the reveal like this? Hey, look at this exclusive 30$ Forge, the 4th set to feature your favorite character - Beskar Mando. 

I think there are more characters, but I doubt they've got new prints. That said, Mando's scarf print could work for Cobb IMO.

Are people really complaining about beskar mando? He's going to be in most mando sets for the same reason that spider-man is in most spider-man sets, and he's a great figure. (Plus every copy of him I get is a new pair of arms to put on a printed-arm-lacking other mandalorian character.

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

You can just use a jumper plate.

In general, I prefer the armor parts to have stud connections where it makes sense. Allows for more customization and makes it look more like actual legos.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Are people really complaining about beskar mando? He's going to be in most mando sets for the same reason that spider-man is in most spider-man sets, and he's a great figure. (Plus every copy of him I get is a new pair of arms to put on a printed-arm-lacking other mandalorian character.

"Where is Beskar Mando"...

I figured the Durasteel one would end up being less produced. Gonna finally get my Beskar one this wave!

13 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Promobricks just published a story on LEGO Con today with the title "LEGO CON 2021: Presentation of the UCS Gunship is coming!" Are they off? They didn't guarantee it, but sounded pretty confident the Gunship will be the revealed set.

The Google-Translated article just says "We are relatively sure that this can only be the upcoming 75309 UCS Republic Gunship", so I wouldn't take it as 100% confirmation. They've been pretty reliable in the past, but I think they're only making the same assumption most of us have been making since the reveal of the schedule of LEGO Con.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think there are more characters, but I doubt they've got new prints. That said, Mando's scarf print could work for Cobb IMO.

You can just use a jumper plate.

In general, I prefer the armor parts to have stud connections where it makes sense. Allows for more customization and makes it look more like actual legos.

It's a bit funny how many there are but seriously, his printing is absolutely gorgeous. I'd definitely take him over say a Fennec in the Slave 1 or a Stormy or random Mando in the Armory. 

6 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

I'd definitely take him over say a Fennec in the Slave 1 or a Stormy or random Mando in the Armory. 

Personally, I would’ve prefered to have a second Fennec in the Slave I. I don’t think the version in the cruiser will have a hairpiece, so this would’ve been a good opportunity for that :shrug_oh_well: 

12 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

I guess Cobb was a bit of pipe dream suggestion. But looking at the past few advent calenders it'd be a shame and a downgrade if these are all the figs were getting.

2020 had 6 proper minifigs, a battle droid, D-0 and a porg. (though the only new prints were the 2 Christmas jumpers, fitting with what @Stefanisimo said.

2019 had 6 proper minifigs, a battle droid, and a porg. (and again only 2 new printed parts, being lukes legs and head)

2018 had 5 proper minifigs, a battle droid, an assassin droid and a snowman with a printed head and helmet. (This time there were 3 new prints, Merrick's head and helmet as well the not so star wars snow face (but the snowman face was made just for this set and has never appeared again)

Whereas if rumours are to be believed 2021 has 4 proper minifigs, an assassin droid and a baby. admittedly Grogu's baby body is dual moulded making it a more complex part that those used in
d-0/porgs. but hopefully there'll be at least one (maybe 2) more figs, not new is likely but they could surprise us, and there are unmade mando characters who could be made with relatively few new prints like Carson Teva or Trapper Wolf. Even if there are no new characters the currently known line up isn't very exciting with all the charters being in multiple sets (well Ig-11 isn't Ig-88 but as minifigs they're pretty much interchangeable) so if they are more figs, it'd spice this set up to add say season 1 Greef or a Darktrooper. I mean, It would be unusual for the catalogue image for the calender to reveal all the figs when lego's advent calenders are supposed to have a few surprises.

12 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Ah good, glad to hear it, I hope they use this part for him then. I'm sure they could make a decent jetpack on that part then, maybe even use a little chain to connect it to his weapon.

I would have liked a "clean" piece; similar to the 2 armor pieces ninjago has given us in the last few years. I think the piece used for Wrecker is just too similar to the Galaxy police piece.

I think what sets this armour apart is the large flat area where it can be printed, making it much more versatile.

12 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

the 4th set to feature your favorite character - Beskar Mando. 

When the mando Tatooine set was revealed it tempted me but I wanted to budget carefully and I told myself that Beskar Din was the main draw (I already had a Grogu, if I hadn't I might've bit the bullet), and he was bound to be in other sets... I think I made the right choice. 

Edited by Agent Kallus