MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 hours ago, Pedilego said:

I like the old prequel Kenobi hairpiece (4530 / 96859) for Bo but it’s been out of production since 2018.

Didn't they use it for the Rise of Voldemort set

7 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

Didn't they use it for the Rise of Voldemort set

Nope, Pettigrew uses the newer piece.

Mandalorian Starfighter and Duel on Mandalore are now on LEGO.com, Bo uses Claire from Jurassic World's hair which I think works nicely.

20 minutes ago, legobagel said:

Mandalorian Starfighter and Duel on Mandalore are now on LEGO.com, Bo uses Claire from Jurassic World's hair which I think works nicely.

Ugh, stickers on Dual on Mandalore (expected i suppose). Looks like they phoned in the set itself and not worth $20. Maul looks amazing though. 

The Starfighter looks AMAZING. 

37 minutes ago, legobagel said:

That hair still looks ugly. But hey, good thing with Lego is...

I can change it! :laugh:

14 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Well, prepare to be disappointed.... Also it's as inaccurate, and even more, a fringe.. for Bo-Katan???

:laugh_hard:

$32 for the Mandalore throne is an absolute rip off but $90 for the mando fighter is awesome. Keen to see the rest of the prices. I’m assuming $60 for the trexler and advent, $80 for the Slave I and $260 for the light cruiser. 

This is definitely the first time in years where I can remember actually being interested in the majority of the sets. The only one I can definitely say I'll skip is the Slave I, because I already have one (albeit the old one from 2010), but mostly because the only exclusive fig is almost certainly coming in more sets when BoBF comes out. I also haven't seen Bad Batch yet since I was planning on rewatching Clone Wars first, but I'll probably end up liking it and caving on the Shuttle too.

What do we think of the scale on that mandolorian fighter? Does it appear to be correctly proportioned?

4 minutes ago, Meadius said:

This is definitely the first time in years where I can remember actually being interested in the majority of the sets. The only one I can definitely say I'll skip is the Slave I, because I already have one (albeit the old one from 2010), but mostly because the only exclusive fig is almost certainly coming in more sets when BoBF comes out. I also haven't seen Bad Batch yet since I was planning on rewatching Clone Wars first, but I'll probably end up liking it and caving on the Shuttle too.

Oof watching it after clone wars is probably setting yourself up for disappointment :laugh: it’s not as good IMO but hey

the hair piece looks dumb but it’s what I was expecting. Also looks like I was right about Legocon being just the Gunship but not for the reasons I though lmao!

18 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Oof watching it after clone wars is probably setting yourself up for disappointment :laugh: it’s not as good IMO but hey

the hair piece looks dumb but it’s what I was expecting. Also looks like I was right about Legocon being just the Gunship but not for the reasons I though lmao!

What do you mean by this? Just curious! 

I too agree the gunship is likely for LEGO Con. 

6 hours ago, SEmrys said:

So yeah, 'I say patience'. 

I think this is the best move, I am waiting until we get solid set rumors on january before I decide what I will pick up. I have to be choosy because I have limited space to display and I don't like things cluttered with too many ships. I hate the look of crowded collections, I would rather see a cohesive and creative scene display than a catalogue of starships.

46 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

I think this is a valid opinion and to each their own, but I remember back in the day when clone wars "sucked" and the rollercoaster every season of the fanbase crying for the first half of the season and screaming about how the show sucked and then 180-ing in the back half with the climactic arcs, it got predictable and stale. Same thing happened with rebels, "it wasn't as good as clone wars", then folks start to rewatch it and realize it's probably the most developed star wars crew ever, and just wait until filoni brings some of the characters back in live action, the cultural "rediscovery" of Rebels is going to be huge. It's already spiking through Ahsoka's introduction. I don't think it's fair to judge a show until it's been allowed to play its full hand, the experience watching week to week doesn't compare to rewatch binges IMO, sure there are surprises and new things week to week but everything is so staggered, these days I can rip through a meh arc of clone wars in an evening and it seems so much more cohesive than back when it took a month to watch and everyone was drooling over maul in the trailer and nothing else seemed interesting. I think bad batch will reach heights beyond the clone wars, building on the success of that show. These are just the first steps and when major stuff game changing stuff happens down the road folks will go back to these early episodes to relive moments with characters who are no longer around. I am rewatching rebels and I was meh on it back in the day but now I savor the quiet "filler" moments with the crew, it kinda reminds me of cowbow bebop, because in the end they all go their separate ways, and not all of them make it out alive.

Edited by Alex_South

I need to be smart this year.. I still have a Marvel set to buy before even starting with the Star Wars.. too many good sets this year (I do hope they'll keep making great sets for the upcoming years)

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

That hair still looks ugly. But hey, good thing with Lego is...

I can change it! :laugh:

and the dastan hair already exists in that color, luckily enough!

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

$32 for the Mandalore throne is an absolute rip off but $90 for the mando fighter is awesome. Keen to see the rest of the prices. I’m assuming $60 for the trexler and advent, $80 for the Slave I and $260 for the light cruiser. 

I forgot you were Australian for a moment and had a mini heart attack that these were the US prices.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I forgot you were Australian for a moment and had a mini heart attack that these were the US prices.

I hadn't realized how bad conversions are for Australia. Lego needs to do something about this.  I converted your prices @Brikkyy13 to US dollars for and Mandalore Throne in Australia is ~ $25 US, Fighter is $69 US, and Gideon's Light Cruiser is ~$200 US! 

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

It's so stupid xD It covers 80% of her headgear.. what were they thinking?

To be fair, if you compare it with the Clone Wars design, objectively there is no hairpiece that has a more similar shaping than that one.

4 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

I hadn't realized how bad conversions are for Australia. Lego needs to do something about this.  I converted your prices @Brikkyy13 to US dollars for and Mandalore Throne in Australia is ~ $25 US, Fighter is $69 US, and Gideon's Light Cruiser is ~$200 US!

But are the taxes included in Australia or not?

5 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

But are the taxes included in Australia or not?

Good point. VAT would most likely be included. 

I just did a small research, they are included, in a Au$90 set, there's $9,30 of taxes, so $9..
Without taxes, Au$81 is Us$62

The conversion is not too far off

Edited by TobyAis

Count me in on the Slave 1! So happy I don't have to pay $100+ to get that ship. I also really enjoy the smaller scale easier to play with a swoosh. Don't take up as much shelf space either.

But god damn, are we never going to get a new version of Jango's Slave 1? After what they did with making the Carnage bust a repaint of Venom, is it too much to ask the same for the Slave 1? Same build, different colors. And this smaller scale would make it less of an investment, too.

I'm very happy to see that the cell for Maul actually has a window to see his face, It appeared that it would be a flat grey sticker on a grey piece, glad that's not the case. I knew they would use that hair piece for Bo, it's the closest thing LEGO has and it works fine even if it covers the headband a bit. The Mandalorian fighter looks excellent and does everything you'd want it to do. The only thing that bothers me is the gap between the canopy and the fuselage, Ixhate it when they do that with and Star Wars set. Both sets look really good and I can't wait to get my hands on them! Hopefully hd renders of the rest of the sets drop soon, I need a better look at the new Boba Fett and Slave I!

Maybe somebody else has found a better reference for the Mandalorian Loyalist but [EDIT: Found!]

I also feel like the Starfighter itself is either lacking white or could use a touch more light gray; seems a bit too blue.

Also, It's disappointing Maul doesn't have the new hilt or have any dark brown for his pants (although I understand it would've been difficult for Lego to incorporate).

Don't get me wrong, these are just nitpicks; I really like the Mando Starfighter (it looks awesome) and Throne sets and I really appreciate the level of detail in the figures. TLG's solution to the horns looks good (I was def wrong about Saxon's helmet having a stud and Maul's horns). I'm also glad that the sticker on the Mandalorian Vault is on a trans-clear window so, when inside, you can see Maul's face.

2 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

It's been mediocre so far. I enjoyed the 1st and (in a whimsical way) the 5th episodes. That said, adults that're new to Clone Wars tend to have a difficult time in the early seasons and, imo, would have a difficult time through much of the latter seasons if they were watching on a week-to-week basis. Even a contingent of loyal fans that grew up on the show were disgruntled with Season 7 prior to the final arch. IMO binge-ability really helps the animated Star Wars format, so you're doing it the right way. It's still early and, while I'm not expecting the heights of the Clone Wars, I definitely expect it to pick up by the time you get around to it.

Edited by Pedilego

53 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

To be fair, if you compare it with the Clone Wars design, objectively there is no hairpiece that has a more similar shaping than that one.

Nein! The old hairpiece brought up earlier (OG Ep2 Obi-Wan) has the most Clone Wars accurate shaping.

And its modern counterpart is the Dastan hair.

Bob cut is more Rebels, where she shows up for like a split second.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THE HAIR! :grin: I'm glad some of you like it.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So did I :laugh:

31 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Maybe somebody else has found a better reference for the Mandalorian Loyalist but the best I could find is, while landing for the Siege on Mandalore, there are maaybe a couple of Mandos with some extra blue on their helmet and light gray sleeves. (One is among the first group of Mandos to jump out of a Gunship, and the other arrives shortly after Bo when Ahsoka has her "superhero landing".) Really obscure choice, since you have to freeze frame and squint to find them. Especially when they could've gone with any number of Mandos that have legitimate screen time (e.g. generic male Mando loyalist, generic female Mando loyalist, generic blue helmet Mando loyalist [for Koska and Woves], generic Nite Owl, Ursa Wren, generic male Super Commando, generic female Super Commando, Rook, Almec).

I think a revamp of the old Death Watch Soldiers would've been amazing, those are still my favorite Mandalorian figs. Other than that, I found this, which clearly shows Lego's Loyalist to the left (right?) of Bo-Katan. I would love to get the other one as well in a set eventually.

Or, y'know these as Battle Pack bros, (which has two of Lego's reference)

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Same holy smokes I was scared there for a sec bc my budget is pretty darn set by now :tongue: part of me wants to Bricklink that hairpiece and red tiles right now because by August it’ll be a mess. 

1 hour ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I don’t want to start more discourse about Star Wars media and get the thread locked again lol. You’ll enjoy it it’s not a bad show just not TCW level (tho I personally rank only ATLA and Gravity Falls with that).