MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Yeah I checked order status and it said “waiting for stock” so I’m guessing it’s just a robot error. 

Yeah, I got the same email for the BB Shuttle and the Mediation Chamber. I ordered them when they both went live. It’s just an automated email since the the order won’t be fulfilled for a while

Hey somebody correct me if eyeballs malfunction, but the Slave 1 looks to be 6 studs deep behind Boba before it reaches the baseplate, is there any chance this ship will house a second minifigure somewhere?

EDIT: Stupid question. There is no way it fits a second figure, maybe it fits a carbonite brick under the ramp but that's about it.

Edited by Alex_South

Anyone seriously think there’s any earthly way they don’t reprint Old Boba for BOBF? Slave One is giving me ToT vibes but maybe I just like making fun of that set too much

4 hours ago, Alex_South said:

I really hope this isn't the only way to get Fennec.

She's a main character in Book of Boba Fett and a recurring villain in Bad Batch. The figure never appearing in another set would be more insane than a Bo Katan figure not appearing until now.

The helmet though, I'd keep an eye on that. It's way less likely to reappear since she's not always wearing it, just like Star Lord's helmet.

16 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Anyone seriously think there’s any earthly way they don’t reprint Old Boba for BOBF? Slave One is giving me ToT vibes but maybe I just like making fun of that set too much

I'd get Slave One if you don't own the ship already, otherwise just wait for Book of Boba Fett sets.

1 minute ago, ood0 said:

She's a main character in Book of Boba Fett and a recurring villain in Bad Batch. The figure never appearing in another set would be more insane than a Bo Katan figure not appearing until now.

The helmet though, I'd keep an eye on that. It's way less likely to reappear since she's not always wearing it, just like Star Lord's helmet.

I'd get Slave One if you don't own the ship already, otherwise just wait for Book of Boba Fett sets.

I got 20th Ann so yup fifty bucks saved. I’d be surprised if the helmet never showed up in a Bad Batch set tho 

Sorry if my speculations are getting annoying but I wanted to bring up the possibility that this slave 1 has more interior space than the previous slave 1 which would be hilarious considering it's been notoriously the most expensive single person starfighter to date lol.

If you look at this still from Mandalorian season 2 gallery you can see how the ship's rotation works as well as where the ship docks to other ships with an airlock at the back, we saw this airlock used in the boba episodes in season 2 of clone wars. I also went back and looked at the way they stored the carbon-han in the bespin version of the Slave 1 and they used the lower hollow area of the baseplate. This build looks similar but a little larger to the bespin one and I am speculating that it may have a hatch in the center of the back of the ship with access for seating another figure ala this season 2 layout. If you want to see the full gif of the slave 1's rotation mechanism here it is.

https://giphy.com/gifs/boba-fett-slave-1-M23lffyT8Y9KbeEnhK

EqHrLW9W4AEnKmh.jpg

I hope they’ll fix the color of the jetpack and helmet if they wind up doing any Book of Boba Fett sets. As great as this new figure is, it bugs me more each time I look at it.

I also feel like the official Cara Dune figure is fine as it is, though I do think the face print is a little over-detailed.

I think I own every Slave 1 set they've ever done, though not entirely on purpose. I don't need another, but I want both that Old Man Fett and the full Beskar Mando, sooooo maybe I'm in. I like the look of all the sets in the leak.

5 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Bo Katan entire fig just leaked.. She looks SOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
I could not have hoped for a better minifig
Also people have really weird take for the haircut, I've seen people wishing for Claire's hair and Black Widow's hair.. Anyway we all know what piece they're gonna include if they do

I personally like this hairpiece, I think Claire's hair is ugly, and Widow's is too voluminous.

Rankings:

1.  Light Cruiser. I love Republic-era ships, and this is a good rendition. Figures are amazing also.

2. Gauntlet Fighter. Bo-Katan. That would be enough, but Gar gets a new helmet, and the set itself is a sturdy update from 2012.

3. Slave I. I happen to like how compact it is, and with a killer Boba Fett to boot, it's a must have.

4. Trexler Marauder. Okay build, okay figs. Closest to a battle pack we'll get this year.

5. Mandalorian Throne. Okay figures, but oof! That build leaves a little to be desired. Pass.

30 minutes ago, Geihlen said:

I think I own every Slave 1 set they've ever done, though not entirely on purpose. I don't need another, but I want both that Old Man Fett and the full Beskar Mando, sooooo maybe I'm in. I like the look of all the sets in the leak.

For me I would have to get that slave 1 then, or it would drive me crazy!

Edited by Stuartn

This is probably the most excited I've ever been for an entire wave. Almost every single set is now on my list and that's saying something. I have wanted an Arquitens for the longest time and this one is just a joy to look at. The amazing figs are just a bonus. I'll make some small changes but...wow. My heart is so happy about all these amazing Mandos.

Edited by Bardan_Jusik

7 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

1.  Light Cruiser. I love Republic-era ships, and this is a good rendition. Figures are amazing also

I think that as it is a relatively unique ship (well there are two other almost identical ships but there all thought of as the same) makes it stand out, and while there are some easily fixable scale issues like the cannons, the angles and proportions look quite good to me

The Bo-Katan figure looks great in the leaked pic. Glad to see she comes with an exclusive face print.

One option I haven't seen suggested for the hairpiece is General Dodonna's. The hairline would match up with the printed headband, the style resembles her appearance in The Mandalorian and the piece already exists in dark orange on Godric Gryffindor.

2 minutes ago, wesker said:

One option I haven't seen suggested for the hairpiece is General Dodonna's. The hairline would match up with the printed headband, the style resembles her appearance in The Mandalorian and the piece already exists in dark orange on Godric Gryffindor.

Okay.. I take back everything I said before, THIS is the wildest take about Bo's hairpiece

2 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Okay.. I take back everything I said before, THIS is the wildest take about Bo's hairpiece

hmm yes let’s use the hairpiece designed for a dude in his 70s for a chick in her late 40s that makes perfect sense 

Something I haven’t seen anyone mention is how readily the Light Cruiser lends itself to being MOCd into a Republic Cruiser granted that it’s probably canonically just a repainted one. 

11 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Something I haven’t seen anyone mention is how readily the Light Cruiser lends itself to being MOCd into a Republic Cruiser granted that it’s probably canonically just a repainted one. 

Do you mean a Venator? If so, maybe... The Arquitens itself has been seen through the Clone Wars into the Imperial Era and now, Post-Endor. Throw some red tiles down and viola!

12 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

hmm yes let’s use the hairpiece designed for a dude in his 70s for a chick in her late 40s that makes perfect sense 

Doc Brown wasn’t that old though :tongue: It’s probably either the bob hairpiece or the one used for AOTC Obi :shrug_oh_well:

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Doc Brown wasn’t that old though :tongue: It’s probably either the bob hairpiece or the one used for AOTC Obi :shrug_oh_well:

100% the Ep2 Obi Wan hairpiece, without a single doubt (IF they include one)

After some deep searching, I have found the pic of Bo-Katan! (Insta has been glitchy lately). Helmet is a tad wonky, but I love her! And a new head to boot! Just reinforces my earlier comment regarding her hairpiece since the band is printed on her head.

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

“He’s friends with this disgraced nuclear physicist, who’s either 40 or 80…”-John Mulaney. however old Doc is he looks at least three times that :grin:

17 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Do you mean a Venator? If so, maybe... The Arquitens itself has been seen through the Clone Wars into the Imperial Era and now, Post-Endor. Throw some red tiles down and viola!

Yeah the one slight issue is it’s the wrong shade of grey but still. I see dark reddish brown tiles going the way of the silver jetpack piece :wacko:

Edited by hondohnaka

Claire's "can I talk to you're manager" hair piece is definitely the best fit for Bo Katan without making a brand new mold.

After seeing the torso leak for Boba, it's even more strange to me that they didn't make the helmet and jetpack dark green. I suppose the printed details would get a bit lost but it would be more accurate. Hopefully they'll change it for BoBF. At least the helmet has a new print. I'm still super happy we're getting this version of Boba though!