MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I'm still waiting for the UCS Luke Landspeeder tbh

Unironically I’d be ok with that. It’d be hilarious for the meme and it would honestly look really nice. A wing tho…meh. 

1 minute ago, Alex_South said:

Good idea.

I know people rag on speeder sets but I wish so badly that ToT was a dual speeder set with Cobb Vanth's speeder instead of the tusken hut and ballista build.

Every day that goes by ToT looks dumber as a set lmao

5 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Every day that goes by ToT looks dumber as a set lmao

I do love mando's speeder but what makes it iconic was his teamup with Vanth. The tusken stuff is useless otherwise and I am not going to pay 30 dollars for half a set. If they made a companion set with more tuskens vanth and a Krayt build I would get in on it, but the whole thing feels imcomplete to me.

Edited by Alex_South

59 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

ETA: starting to become a bit of a Novel Writing Andy but what bothers me is that we’ve had Star Destroyers at this scale before that have worked really well, not to mention other very large ships like the AT AT which is bloody gorgeous at the same price point AND has a really damn good interior. Just feels like an oversight.

Hey, I like Toyota Corollas! Just as long as it's the rally version. :laugh:

This is partly why I'm waiting for interior shots to pass judgment. I reckon you could still fit a reasonable amount in there - lift the middle section off, open up the two side compartments outwards similar to the Star Destroyer, maybe lift the bridge off as well. I'm erring on the optimistic side.

I can see why they released ToT in the winter wave with all of this coming. With Mando in so many sets now they barely would have sold any!

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

38 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I’m not really huge on their wave, but I had an idea with the Boba Fett—what if you took the new Stane head from Iron Monger Mayhem and added it to that? You could make a pretty solid Cobb Vanth, and even though he would have a little bit of an evil look, it would be I think relatively accurate.

I'd use a regular Boba torso tho.. I made a custom Cobb Vanth awhile ago but Stane head could look pretty good.. if only they'd make a good hairpiece in dark grey
Like.. what do you think of my Cobb Vanth like this?

39 minutes ago, Archer said:

That's printed on the figs head so the hair piece is indeed completely shaved on one side.

the gold one on the new robo diva. It's not 100% perfect but in my opinion better than the friends hairpiece.

First.. damn it....
Second, I hate the robo diva hair for Cara, I think it's just not it at all! And also, this one, even if it's not very accurate, looks pretty good on herIMG_20210603_212253.jpg

I can’t wait to see detailed pics of Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser

i really like this ship

i hope the set would be worth the price

One this is for sure, if you get the cruiser the ITT and the recent tie fighter you can have a pretty sweet Imperial Remnant Collection, my issues with scale aside.

I seem to be the only person who thinks the Imperial Transport looks fine. This wave is a massive improvement over last years and the Gauntlet Starfighter in particular is a day 1 buy for me. 

1 hour ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Any thoughts on a Mando and new Boba face print? I hope a scarred Boba print personally!

Sadly it appears there won't be a face print for Din. I see black under the helmet on all the figures of him. Boba, I really hope is a new face print. I'm sure it will be. The helmet definitely has a new print. I do wish they used dark green for the helmet and jetpack but it's not a huge deal.

Edited by ToaDraco

Just now, Gontron said:

I seem to be the only person who thinks the Imperial Transport looks fine. This wave is a massive improvement over last years and the Gauntlet Starfighter in particular is a day 1 buy for me. 

I'm with you, I think the ITT is going to be a sleeper hit. The build looks bomber, and looks like it's going to have a decent interior that can actually transport troops. I am excited for it more than the cruiser if I am being honest.

17 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

First.. damn it....
Second, I hate the robo diva hair for Cara, I think it's just not it at all! And also, this one, even if it's not very accurate, looks pretty good on her

I think in reality he hair is the top half of robo diva and bottom half of the Raya one. What it definitely isn't is the one they used.

Tbh the more I look at the Cruiser the more I like it. It's not perfect, and those cannons are being yeeted immediately, and I might mod it further, but it's generally all right. 

19 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I'd use a regular Boba torso tho.. I made a custom Cobb Vanth awhile ago but Stane head could look pretty good.. if only they'd make a good hairpiece in dark grey
Like.. what do you think of my Cobb Vanth like this?

I think that’s pretty good for a purist custom. I’m not sure how much the new boba torso would improve it, but a couple added dents wouldn’t hurt, would they?

Also, @Gontron, I’m with you. This may be unpopular, but I think it’s the best build in the wave. 

Edited by Brickroll

I'm with you, I think the ITT is going to be a sleeper hit. The build looks bomber, and looks like it's going to have a decent interior that can actually transport troops. I am excited for it more than the cruiser if I am being honest.

It's this wave's AAT tbh only with a better build. Also the streamlines and curves on the Mandalorian fighter are so amazing 

Edited by hondohnaka

1 minute ago, hondohnaka said:

It's this wave's AAT tbh only with a better build. 

I'm a sucker for transports and interior space so 40$ to transport a bunch of Imperials is a win in my book. AAT has always been a tank to me with no interior or transport capabilities.

I'm a sucker for transports and interior space so 40$ to transport a bunch of Imperials is a win in my book. AAT has always been a tank to me with no interior or transport capabilities.

I'm just really happy we're getting an Imp battlepack, my clone army has gotten pretty sizable and now it's time to move on to the next phase. HAIL PALPATINE

I saw someone bring up earlier whether the Slave I will have a spot for a carbonite block. My guess is that they'll use the Razor Crest's version with the 1x2x6 blocks with stickers. Alternatively, Boba doesn't have any bounties in the ship when we see it on the show, so it might not even be a thing they considered. 

It would be nice after seeing the beautiful slave 1 interior in the show if we got a set with space for more than just a pilot. This being a downsize I highly doubt it but I can dream.

4 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

That Slave 1 is a 4+ set right?

I can't tell if you're serious or not and that's why that's so funny :head_back: it's got modernized 6209 vibes but somehow less detailed 

9 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

That Slave 1 is a 4+ set right?

No it is not a +4 set.

If you count the studs, the dimensions of this year's Slave 1 are actually nearly identical to the original model released in 2000. I think that's pretty neat! Makes we want both of them.

So I just preordered the BB Shuttle and got told it’s on back order. Did anyone else get this message/is it just a default bc it’s not able to ship for two months anyway or am I actually gonna have to wait til November?

Just now, hondohnaka said:

So I just preordered the BB Shuttle and got told it’s on back order. Did anyone else get this message/is it just a default bc it’s not able to ship for two months anyway or am I actually gonna have to wait til November?

I can't 100% confirm your situation, but i had the same thing happen when i pre-ordered the helmets. I think its a default thing because the helmets shipped when they were supposed to.

19 minutes ago, Archer said:

I can't 100% confirm your situation, but i had the same thing happen when i pre-ordered the helmets. I think its a default thing because the helmets shipped when they were supposed to.

Yeah I checked order status and it said “waiting for stock” so I’m guessing it’s just a robot error.