MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

So after drooling... I mean analyzing the pictures, I noticed a couple things. One, they didn't give Maul the Monkie Kid hilt, really LEGO!? Also, the new Slave I appears to use a new 2x6 wedge plate, at least it's new to me!

That new wedge’s only previous appearance is in black in the TIE Fighter earlier this year. I’m very glad to see it turn up in LBG already, since I want it for a MOC! It’s going to be a very useful piece, I think. 

3 minutes ago, Alex_South said:

After the Bad Batch reveal I am hoping that a lot of these helmeted characters have alternate hair pieces included along with unique prints. Fennec Shand, Bo Katan, Even mando at this point needs a face print and hair piece for the final scene of watching Grogu leave. It would be so hilarious if the Forge set includes yet another beskar mando with a spear, I kind of expect it to include the original mashup mando with the rifle and blaster but we will see.

I love these sets, and deciding what to buy and display on a mando dedicated shelf is going to keep me up at night. I have held off buying anything so I could make a better decision with more sets out and I am torn on buying the Crest or the Cruiser, I can't have both, my OCD will never accept the scale difference haha. I will wait to see how Slave 1 scales with the RC, I don't know why that set is being retired, it would also be so funny if we see a rapid turnaround for a new RC like they did with this new slave 1. This time in all stores and not just Amazon.

Lmao, I see what you mean, also I'm pretty sure Mando Forge Din should have a jetpack, so prob no spear lol
I think Fennec, Bo and maybe Gar Saxon will have hairpiece and I hope I'm wrong about Din but I think he'll remain black headed

Edited by TobyAis

How would you guys rank those sets? I'd go with:

1. Mandalorian Starfighter

2. Slave 1

3. Mandalore Throne and Vault

4. Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser

5. Imperial Troop Transport

I'm elated the Slave I is from the Mandalorian and not ESB! Day 1 buy for me. Only bummer is getting another Mandalorian figure; Fennec would've been perfect but I guess there needs to be some incentive to get the other sets :(

Even though Boba's helmet is battle-worn from Chapter 14 (opposed to his Chapter 15 torso), it's still a new helmet print right? I'm comparing the helmet with the helmet we've had since 2012, and: the red appear to be solid on this 2021 helmet, the markings above his kill stripes seem different, and there's a new cheek marking on the left side of his helmet. 

1 minute ago, TobyAis said:

Lmao, I see what you mean, also I'm pretty sure Mando Forge Din should have a jetpack, so prob no spear lol 

That would be really cool to get another variant on Mando, he needs his jetpack and a smaller side cape to go with it, but I could also see them doing the scene before he gets his new armor where its just old mashup version of him with Paz and the Armorer, and the ice cream holder with beskar blocks.

I'm also going to be very amused if the Slave 1 has space for a carbonite block but no second seat to speak of. I was hoping they would prioritize seating two over a rotating cockpit so you could fit Boba and Fennec into the same ship, I am not sure if we will get many other dedicated sets to those two. That Fennec figure is valuable because she comes in three different shows, you can put her with the bad batch set or mando sets or the new Boba show. It seems like lego is prioritizing ships these days with the most crossover, Bo katan's ship also spans several eras including clone wars and rebels and most recently the mandalorian.

I don't know what else to say about the leaked sets that hasn't been said already - I might get all of them eventually but will try to hold off any until the reveal of gunship, titanic and AT-AT. My wallet is going to get obliterated even more than the younglings were

3 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

Even though Boba's helmet is battle-worn from Chapter 14 (opposed to his Chapter 15 torso), it's still a new helmet print right? I'm comparing the helmet with the helmet we've had since 2012, and: the red appear to be solid on this 2021 helmet, the markings above his kill stripes seem different, and there's a new cheek marking on the left side of his helmet. 

The minifig has a clean and slightly more "colourful" helmet, it's just in the same green for some reason, same for the jetpack.. I don't mind much tbh but weird choice anyway

4 minutes ago, Alex_South said:

That would be really cool to get another variant on Mando, he needs his jetpack and a smaller side cape to go with it, but I could also see them doing the scene before he gets his new armor where its just old mashup version of him with Paz and the Armorer, and the ice cream holder with beskar blocks.

It's gonna be the same again.. I'm pretty sure of this but I'd love an Ice Cream maker piece tho
Also, I already made a Boba cape for Mando to go with his jetpack so personally I'm fine lmao
IMG_20210603_194254.jpgIMG_20210603_194353.jpg

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

2. Slave 1

In terms of quality/execution of set:

1. Slave I

2. Light Cruiser

3. Gauntlet

4. Trexler Marauder

5. Mandalore throne

But I'm probably only going to buy 2 and 4, as I don't much interest in either of the remaining three (beyond maybe the figs in the Gauntlet).

On that note - it's a shame LEGO heads are so damn big, as having Bo's face print on the regular Mando helmet makes it look... I don't want to say fat, but you get the idea. Not sure a new mould would have really helped that though.

My thoughts on the sets below: 

Trexler Marauder: Great figs, not that thrilled about the build. 

Gideon's Cruiser: Awesome build and figs, nothing bad to say. 

Slave One: Based on Mando is an awesome surprise! Wasn't going to pick this up but now I want the figures and pair the build with 75222 just for fun. 

Mandalorian Fighter: Excellent, love the colors, build and figures. 

Mandalorian Throne: Decent build all aspects considered. Will get for the figures. 

Any thoughts on a Mando and new Boba face print? I hope a scarred Boba print personally!

Glad I did not pick up the AT-ST raider or Trouble on Tatooine. 

Time to yeet my wallet in a few months... 

4 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

It's gonna be the same again.. I'm pretty sure of this but I'd love an Ice Cream maker piece tho
Also, I already made a Boba cape for Mando to go with his jetpack so personally I'm fine lmao

Awesome, that looks great!

Also in case anyone is a scale stickler like me, it does look like the mandalorian starfighter and the new Slave 1 will scale very close to the scene with them parked next to each other in mando season 2.

The main problem I have with the cruiser is that it feels like they took a Millenium Falcon, squished it inwards and threw some guns and a bridge on it. I’d be willing to bet it opens up like the TROS Falcon too. Just feels lazy and blocky. 

31 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

That new wedge’s only previous appearance is in black in the TIE Fighter earlier this year. I’m very glad to see it turn up in LBG already, since I want it for a MOC! It’s going to be a very useful piece, I think. 

Sure? I just had it in the Darth Vader helmet.

5 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

The main problem I have with the cruiser is that it feels like they took a Millenium Falcon, squished it inwards and threw some guns and a bridge on it. I’d be willing to bet it opens up like the TROS Falcon too. Just feels lazy and blocky. 

Looks like all interior space will be in the front half of the ship, and a decent center portion of that might be taken up by the micro hanger build, the bridge looks like it might seat 1 if it lifts up.

Edit: Others may love capital ship sets, but this one may not be for me, I was hoping they would prioritize the build around 2 darktroopers with more interior devoted to their charge station and launch bay instead of doing a whole micro fighter launch bay, I really hope this isn't the only way to get Fennec.

Edited by Alex_South

7 minutes ago, Alex_South said:

Looks like all interior space will be in the front half of the ship, and a decent center portion of that might be taken up by the micro hanger build, the bridge looks like it might seat 1 if it lifts up.

Edit: Others may love capital ship sets, but this one may not be for me, I was hoping they would prioritize the build around 2 darktroopers with more interior devoted to their charge station and launch bay instead of doing a whole micro fighter launch bay, I really hope this isn't the only way to get Fennec.

It’s just not big enough. I have to wonder if you’ll even be able to fit all the figs inside. This would have really benefited from being a UCS set. 

17 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Sure? I just had it in the Darth Vader helmet.

You're right, that was my mistake. I just built both of those sets and mixed up which one I'd seen it in. But the point of my post is still true--it had only appeared once before, and in black.

Just now, hondohnaka said:

It’s just not big enough. I have to wonder if you’ll even be able to fit all the figs inside. This would have really benefited from being a UCS set. 

I don't think it will be big enough to fit them all inside or even recreate any of the scenes. I was hoping they would let the main center hanger be the launch hanger and charge station for the darktroopers with one side as a hallway to a decent bridge in the back half and the other side as a hallway to the prison for Grogu to recreate the fight between mando and Gideon. I suppose the most ideal situation would have been a main catwalk to the bridge down the center with tiny halls on either side one side with the prison the other side with the charge station, and then a larger bridge room at the back, the catwalk down the middle instead of a hanger would serve multiple scenes. I'm curious what the interior will be.

3 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

You're right, that was my mistake. I just built both of those sets and mixed up which one I'd seen it in. But the point of my post is still true--it had only appeared once before, and in black.

Happens. True, true :)

7 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Honestly a lot of sets could benefit from being a UCS.. and sometimes I wonder why they make UCS sets like the A-Wing because it's way too big but not others

6 minutes ago, Alex_South said:

I don't think it will be big enough to fit them all inside or even recreate any of the scenes. I was hoping they would let the main center hanger be the launch hanger and charge station for the darktroopers with one side as a hallway to a decent bridge in the back half and the other side as a hallway to the prison for Grogu to recreate the fight between mando and Gideon. I suppose the most ideal situation would have been a main catwalk to the bridge down the center with tiny halls on either side one side with the prison the other side with the charge station, and then a larger bridge room at the back, the catwalk down the middle instead of a hanger would serve multiple scenes. I'm curious what the interior will be.

Get this man a job at TLG :laugh:

I’ll probably rip out what interior there is to reconfigure it. Alternatively, Lego is notorious for having absolutely horrible promotional images and I have to wonder if this is a case of that. The angle the cruiser’s pictured at makes the whole thing look shorter then it is, so it may be better then we’re giving it credit for. Alternatively to THAT alternatively, TLG are morons and probably screwed it up. 

1 minute ago, TobyAis said:

Honestly a lot of sets could benefit from being a UCS.. and sometimes I wonder why they make UCS sets like the A-Wing because it's way too big but not others

It was such a dumb decision. I’m sorry. UCS sets should be big iconic ships, not the Toyota Corolla of Star Wars. 

ETA: starting to become a bit of a Novel Writing Andy but what bothers me is that we’ve had Star Destroyers at this scale before that have worked really well, not to mention other very large ships like the AT AT which is bloody gorgeous at the same price point AND has a really damn good interior. Just feels like an oversight.

Edited by hondohnaka

3 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Get this man a job at TLG :laugh:

I’ll probably rip out what interior there is to reconfigure it. Alternatively, Lego is notorious for having absolutely horrible promotional images and I have to wonder if this is a case of that. The angle the cruiser’s pictured at makes the whole thing look shorter then it is, so it may be better then we’re giving it credit for. Alternatively to THAT alternatively, TLG are morons and probably screwed it up. 

Yeah I don't want to jump the gun too much and assume it's all bad and I do hope it gets a bit more interesting once we see the inside but I don't think this one is for me. I will probably build a display around the RC.

Also would this magazine include the store exclusive Forge set, I am wondering if that's coming in a day or so or if that wouldn't be in a promo magazine such as this.

I don't even wanna know how the new sets got the thread locked...

56 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

2. Slave 1

I'd go (worst is 7, best is 1, it's all subjective)

7.Duel on Mandalore: This better not be $20, it looks like a $10 set. The figures are fine, and the build is...alright. 7.5/10

6. Imperial Troop Transport: It's a good set, but it can't stand out in an exceptional wave. I'll talk later about how a set doesn't need a lot of figures to be good, but this is one set that really needed more. That said, the included figures are really good. The build is alright, I think the color combo actually works pretty well, but I don't like how they built the sides. Price is good though. 8/10

5. Meditation chamber: Really good overall, though I think if they removed the square base, just using the circular base, it would not only look better but be cheaper. There's also some easy ways they could have lessened the gaps. 8/10

4. Mandalorian starfighter: This is where we head into the territory of amazing sets. The coloration, the build, the figures, it's all of great quality. The reason it's 4 is just because it's not as iconic of a vehicle as some of the other sets on the list, but everything from 4-1 is really close IMO.

3. Moff Gideon's Cruiser: Wow that's a great build, and the figures are great too. It looks like it'll have a substantial interior, and the shaping is on point. Only criticisms are super minor: The darksaber should have been a black katana part and Cara Dune needs an accurate skin color and hair.

2. Bad Batch Shuttle. The build just continues to grow on me the more I see it, and the more we see the show. It can fit the full batch, it's apparently the correct colors, and it looks pretty good. The figures are all incredible as well (Except crosshair needed a new mold). I wish Omega was there, though I guess lucasfilm might just not have shown her to them to avoid spoilers.

1. Slave One. This is peak LEGO by far. An AMAZING rendition of an iconic ship at an affordable price with super-detailed figures. This is exactly what I was hoping the affordable line would become. I also think that it shows you don't need a ton of figures to make a good set, as even though it's only two, it's much better than, say, less detailed boba and mando with like a stormtrooper thrown in. Plus that boba figure is just :drool:.

Overall this is one of the best waves in a while in terms of the quality of the builds and figures. I can't wait to see if this level of quality is maintained and we get it for sets from the films (I'm not complaining about only getting show sets aside from the med chamber this wave, though).

Edited by Mandalorianknight

12 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

It was such a dumb decision. I’m sorry. UCS sets should be big iconic ships, not the Toyota Corolla of Star Wars. 

I'm still waiting for the UCS Luke Landspeeder tbh

Edited by TobyAis

I’m not really huge on their wave, but I had an idea with the Boba Fett—what if you took the new Stane head from Iron Monger Mayhem and added it to that? You could make a pretty solid Cobb Vanth, and even though he would have a little bit of an evil look, it would be I think relatively accurate.

Edited by Brickroll

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

I had this concern too but it's not shaven on one side
unknown.png

That's printed on the figs head so the hair piece is indeed completely shaved on one side.

3 hours ago, TobyAis said:

which one are you talking about?

the gold one on the new robo diva. It's not 100% perfect but in my opinion better than the friends hairpiece.

3 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I’m not really huge on their wave, but I had an idea with the Boba Fett—what if you took the new Stane head from Iron Monger Mayhem and added it to that? You could make a pretty solid Cobb Vanth, and even though he would have a little bit of an evil look, it would be pretty solid.

Good idea.

I know people rag on speeder sets but I wish so badly that ToT was a dual speeder set with Cobb Vanth's speeder instead of the tusken hut and ballista build.