MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

We’ve known for quite a while that she had a very hands off roll in both of those productions. John and Dave had to go above her head at Disney to get things done on Mando at times. Don’t go giving credit for other people’s accomplishments to the person who made it her personal mission to make sure we didn’t get to see Han, Luke and Leia together again and instead made us watch Luke Skywalker milk a space cow.

Yeah this is why I think you're toxic

My thoughts:

sets look great except for the Duel on Mandalore. it looks alright, but compered to all the other 20$ duel sets they really skimped on this build.

the figures are are pure "chef's kiss" Except for the completely inaccurate Cara Dune, why Lego? you just made a better hairpiece in the Vidiyo line, use it!

I have nearly every "most updated" version of every star wars minifigure. I'm literally missing 4 figs (Chrome Vader, Shadow ARF, Chrome C-3PO, and the teal GONK if anyone feels charitable :pir-tongue:) My criteria for what goes in my display is simple, "Is it representing something unique" So while the rebels TIE Pilot, the TIE Defender Planets Set Pilot are in my display, the 2021 TIE pilot is not because he's just a lesser version of 2015's TIE Pilot who had the arm printing.

Why am I saying this? because I don't think I've seen a wave with this many new, unique and interesting figs since TFA sets were released. Only 6 repeat figs (stormie x2, Grogu, Beskar Mando, Cara, Ahsoka) only 1 remake (Mandolorian/ Death Watch), and 16! brand new figures!? Or 15 is you don't recognize the GONK as a unique GONK.

14 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I think you’ll find that there’s a lot of Star Wars fans who feel the same way. The fact that people like @ood0 are so quick to call us toxic for having an opinion doesn’t help the problem. Throwing out the old cannon was one thing, but denying its existence as a whole was another. The Last Jedi was a straight up ”megabluck you” to the most dedicated fans and that fact only becomes more clear as time goes on. They are only just recently regaining the goodwill of the fans, and there are still many of us who are quite skeptical. 

We’ve known for quite a while that she had a very hands off roll in both of those productions. John and Dave had to go above her head at Disney to get things done on Mando at times. Don’t go giving credit for other people’s accomplishments to the person who made it her personal mission to make sure we didn’t get to see Han, Luke and Leia together again and instead made us watch Luke Skywalker milk a space cow.

This wave is reflective of the fact that Star Wars may finally be getting back on track. Mando has a lot of faults as a show but it understands George Lucas’s idea of Star Wars moreso than any of the other Disney productions. Let us enjoy it while we can before Star Wars takes a nosedive again. 

Bravo, Brikkyy13.  That needed to be said - as a reminder that fandom encompasses a wide spectrum of takes and OPINIONS.  ^^That bears repeating, all day long.

3 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Yeah this is why I think you're toxic

Please expand on toxic... Pretty sure @Brikkyy13 is commenting on things that are out in public forum here. 

On the wave, it's "A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one" feels like the Rogue One period, well before TROS started the Lego dive for a few years...

Slave I is Mandalorian based!!!! That makes me so unbelievably happy! The new Boba Fett looks incredible! He even gets arm printing, hell so does Din Djarin in every set he's in. Slave I looks incredible for its size, I'm on a mission to collect every LEGO Slave I so I was getting it anyway but now this set skyrocketed to the top of my list! I'm a diehard Boba Fett fan so I'm SO happy right now!!! 

This entire wave is even better than I expected! The Mandalorian throne is a nice little set and will make a nice display. The Trexler Marauder looks really good and I didn't realize we were getting so many Stormtroopers with it. I like the Mortar Trooper's mortar build. The Mandalorian Starfighter looks really nice, huge improvement over the original and the figure selection is amazing. Bo Katan is the standout for me but wow the new helmet on Gar Saxon looks great and reminds me that on top of all this awesomeness we're also getting a retailer exclusive Mandolorian forge! Moff Gideon's Lightcruiser looks fantastic and has an incredible minifig selection! I'm so happy with Fennec Shand especially. I'm disappointed that the Darksaber didn't get a better blade. Ninjago introduced the perfect katana blade with a shot bar connection a couple years ago. I expected the Darktrooper to be a bit more like a Super Battledroid or the Hero Factory minifigs but this works really well, too bad there's only one. 

Edited by ToaDraco

I feel a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of wallets cried out in pain and were suddenly emptied. 
in all seriousness this may be the first wave I ever go all for all on except for the duel set. Lego is making up for their tomfoolery big time. Now let’s see if they can keep it going for more then one wave. 

edit: one thing I don’t like is Bo’s helmet looks wicked cluttered but that might just be the blurriness. 

Edited by hondohnaka

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I think you’ll find that there’s a lot of Star Wars fans who feel the same way. The fact that people like @ood0 are so quick to call us toxic for having an opinion doesn’t help the problem. Throwing out the old cannon was one thing, but denying its existence as a whole was another.

I'm aware this is not a rare opinion, and you are of course entitled to it. For my part the issue is that a lot of the time, people connect the issue to one person based largely on rumours from often dubious sources, and subsequently demonise that person (while simultaneously ignoring the hundreds of others that are involved) based on an entirely subjective viewpoint. Usually it boils down to one or both of Disney = bad or KK = bad, without both of whom we never would have got all the new Star Wars content that you do like, whether that be the Mandalorian, the sequels, Rogue One, the Bad Batch, whatever.

Anyway, if we want to continue the debate let's do it somewhere else or in DMs. I won't say any more on it here.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Aight I gotta say this before the thread gets nuked. I know I’m not the most well behaved person on this forum, and this may be hypocritical for me to say (y’all expecting me to keep track of the bs I spew on here are asking to much), but we need to remember that all opinions are valid. The Star Wars community as a whole has a reputation of being one of the most, if not the most, toxic fandoms out there, and that’s not going to get any better if we keep tearing each other apart the moment somebody mentions the direction the franchise has taken since 2012. You liked the new movies? Great, glad you enjoyed them, I wish I could too. You didn’t like the new movies? Great, neither did I, come scapegoat the director-firing last-minute-rewriting producer with me. There are many people on both sides of that fence, to outright dismiss the other group and labelling them as toxic without discussion is in itself being toxic! Maybe if we could actually have a civil conversation for a change things would be different.

1 hour ago, Stefanisimo said:

You do realize she is responsible for that same Mandalorian you love? And Clone Wars S7, and everything else...

Can I be honest to you? I can't see how this is relevant to what I wrote. As far as I am informed Kennedy got a supervisor from Disney after the Solo movie and was told to keep her hands from the shows. So their success is not her achievement and it would be wrong to give her any credit for it. The high republic seems to be one of her projects and would have been canceled, if there was no information leaked already. But i don't care about that so much. If all this stuff are fake news and Kennedy just recognised one fine day that pretty much everything she did was terrible and said "hey, let's give quality writing another chance. Maybe it could save the IP", I'd happily shake her hand. I love incompetent and/or bad people growing and changing themself for the better. It doesn't change the fact, that she is without any doubt responsible for everything from her getting the job until the Solo movie. So it is important that the Mandalorian has as much success as possible for anybody, who likes classic storytelling.

And with that I am out. I won't discuss this any further because it becomes off topic.

Edited by Gorilla94

I’m not even going to comment on the irrational hatred people have for Kathleen Kennedy or the flat-out falsehood that Filoni and Favreau have had to “go above her head” to get stuff done. The narrative that TLJ was made to intentionally piss off the fans is very worn out and also has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion in this forum.

This new wave looks fantastic though! I was disappointed when the rumor list for the January sets came out and saw that it was mostly stale OT remakes with only one set from the shows that had garnered so much hype last year (TCW and Mandalorian). I was super relieved and happy when the rumor list for this summer came out listing a bunch of Mando and Clone Wars sets, and even one for The Bad Batch. And now that I’ve seen the sets themselves, I’m in love with this wave! 

The Trexler Marauder/ITT looks fantastic. It looked very boxy in the show so it makes sense why the set looks that way too. I may prefer the Rebels/Kenner/Season One variant, but hopefully we get that as some sort of 501st-esque Battle Pack someday. The Greef Karga and Mortar Trooper looked great in the leaks we’ve already seen. Like last year’s AAT, thus wouldn’t be a bad set to get a few of to army build, especially since it’s the current best way to get more Imperial Stormtroopers with the new helmet. (Since Lego retired that 20th Anniversary Dropship so damn fast.)

The new Slave 1 is a pleasant surprise. Despite already having the UCS version, I still regretted not getting the 2019 Slave 1. Now that I know this is Mando-based and not ESB-based, my interest in this one has gotten even higher. The build itself looks nice and it doesn’t look like any compromises were made to accommodate for its smaller size. While more minifigures would have been nice, getting that awesome Beskar Mando figure again is great (especially with the spear!) and the new Boba Fett torso, arms and legs are amazing! The helmet and jet pack look off unfortunately though, as others have said, they look like they did in Chapter 14 while the rest of the minifigure is based off Chapters 15 and 16. An odd move but seeing as how we didn’t think we were getting Mandalorian Boba at all, I’ll take it.

Moff Gideon’s Cruiser looks absolutely fantastic. The build looks like a nice display piece and the miniature TIE Fighters are a nice touch. The minifigure selection here also looks incredible. The new Fennec Shand, Moff Gideon and Darktrooper figures are amazing, though I don’t think a black lightsaber piece is a good enough representation of the Darksaber. The repeat of Cara Dune is nice in that it brings down the value that was artificially raised for her figure in the AT-ST Raider, but disappointing because she should have her Season Two outfit which is slightly different and would have had her New Republic badge. Overall though, it’s a great set and nice to finally have a Lego Arquitens.

The Advent Calendar is fine. It seems a little weak compared to previous years, despite its Mandalorian branding. It’s nice that most of the figures it comes with are massable and I do really like how the Holiday Din and Grogu look, but something about this one feels off compared to last year’s AC, which in my opinion, is one of the best Star Wars advent calendars to date.

Moving on to The Clone Wars sets, the Mandalore Throne and Vault is a nice little set, though the builds are a lot smaller compared to the Starkiller and Mustafar duel sets. The throne and prison cell look good though, and that Maul minifigure looked amazing in the leaks. Ahsoka still looks good; I wasn’t expecting Lego to update her with the AAT still on shelves anyway.

The Mandalorian Fighter looks great, though I wasn’t expecting the color scheme to be so dark on this one. All three minifigures look fantastic though, and I’m still in shock that we’re actually getting Gar Saxon and finally Bo Katan minifigures. This or Gideon’s Cruiser are probably the sets I’m most excited for.

Overall, this is a fantastic wave! Other than that Vader Meditation Chamber from the other day, I think I’m going to be picking up every single one of these sets. The only problem is that there’s a lot of great Ninjago and Marvel sets coming out at the same time, plus the recent Friends Apartment and some older D2Cs I was planning on getting this summer. I better start saving now!

Edited by The Stud

So after drooling... I mean analyzing the pictures, I noticed a couple things. One, they didn't give Maul the Monkie Kid hilt, really LEGO!? Also, the new Slave I appears to use a new 2x6 wedge plate, at least it's new to me!

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Except for the completely inaccurate Cara Dune, why Lego? you just made a better hairpiece in the Vidiyo line, use it!

which one are you talking about?

12 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I’m not even going to comment on the irrational hatred people have for Kathleen Kennedy or the flat-out falsehood that Filoni and Favreau have had to “go above her head” to get stuff done. The narrative that TLJ was made to intentionally piss off the fans is very worn out and also has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion in this forum.

Well, you did comment. The hate isn’t irrational, but rather a stew that began cooking in 2015 and is finally boiling over. Just because you don’t want something to be true doesn’t make it so, and of course we’re going to believe that TLJ was made to disappoint us when it was a made in a style that was the exact opposite of the 7 films that came before it (not to mention the fact that there are videos of Rian Johnson straight up saying things like “I wanted to make a divisive movie” and “I didn’t like the empire strikes back”). 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

he figures are are pure "chef's kiss" Except for the completely inaccurate Cara Dune, why Lego? you just made a better hairpiece in the Vidiyo line, use it!

That hair is way too long Imo. But 70592  from Raya and the last Dragon is literally perfect Imo
70592.png

Edited by Brick Cucumber

37 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

If all this stuff are fake news

Yes. Yes they are.

@TeddytheSpoon perfectly summed up my opinion so I will leave this whole discussion at that.

On another note, there was 1 more rumored set to be coming, other than the Forge? Anybody knows anything about that, or is it another unknown exclusive?

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

Well, you did comment. The hate isn’t irrational, but rather a stew that began cooking in 2015 and is finally boiling over. Just because you don’t want something to be true doesn’t make it so, and of course we’re going to believe that TLJ was made to disappoint us when it was a made in a style that was the exact opposite of the 7 films that came before it (not to mention the fact that there are videos of Rian Johnson straight up saying things like “I wanted to make a divisive movie” and “I didn’t like the empire strikes back”). 

Except the hate is irrational because she has done literally nothing to you personally, besides producing a couple movies you didn’t like, and also producing several more movies that you probably did like, including four of the previous Star Wars films. The vitriol shown towards her day after day is on par with how George Lucas was treated during the prequels, which was just as wrong and disrespectful. It doesn’t help that so many lies are made up about her by grifters, like the made-up drama that Filoni and Favreau are going against her, when in actuality they have a strong working relationship, or her “betraying” her close friend George Lucas and his wishes. You said it yourself: she’s just being used as a scapegoat.

And for what it’s worth, Rian Johnson said he disliked Empire Strikes Back as a kid and that other line has been taken completely out of context. I loved The Last Jedi though, so we’re obviously not going to see eye to eye on this subject.

Back to the Lego sets, I’m impressed that Lego has managed to keep up and represent most of the major Mandalorian characters so far. With this new wave, we’re really only missing “Rosari-oka Tano” and Cobb Vanth from Season Two, and then maybe Frog Lady and Bo’s two Mandalorian buddies if you want to count them. From Season One, we really just need Kuiil, The Client and an Incinerator Stormtrooper. All of these could be thrown into just a handful of sets so I’m not too worried.

The internet is trying to re-define just about every word. So it's hard to know what people intend when they say "opinion" or "hate" or "toxic." Let's try to give each other the benefit of the doubt. The Sequels are an easy topic to get heated over. We need to accept that different people appreciate different parts of Star Wars, even if that preference differs with ours.

The occasional opinion brought up in discussion about sets is okay. But hashing out opinions is not what this thread is for. I won't even say "take it to a PM" because really guys, you all have better things to do than that.

I'm going to leave this locked for just a little bit so everyone can take a deep breath before coming back to talk about the ABSOLUTELY AMAZING SUMMER STAR WARS SETS WE'RE GETTING!

Bo Katan entire fig just leaked.. She looks SOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
I could not have hoped for a better minifig
Also people have really weird take for the haircut, I've seen people wishing for Claire's hair and Black Widow's hair.. Anyway we all know what piece they're gonna include if they do

Does Mando still have a plain black head in these new sets?

It would be disappointing given that his face was revealed at the end of season 1, and that his "character arc" in season 2 was pretty much about taking his helmet off (which he did in the Bill Burr episode & the finale), moving on from his past in a cult, and learning to trust others.

2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

That hair is way too long Imo. But 70592  from Raya and the last Dragon is literally perfect Imo

(see above post for picture)

I dunno, Her hair is definitely bigger on one side but it's not close shaven or bald on the other, so I don't think this piece would work that much better.

3 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I dunno, Her hair is definitely bigger on one side but it's not close shaven or bald on the other, so I don't think this piece would work that much better.

I had this concern too but it's not shaven on one side
unknown.png

Edited by TobyAis

8 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Bo Katan entire fig just leaked.. She looks SOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
I could not have hoped for a better minifig
Also people have really weird take for the haircut, I've seen people wishing for Claire's hair and Black Widow's hair.. Anyway we all know what piece they're gonna include if they do

Claire’s would make sense. Idk where people are getting Widow from :hmpf_bad:

After the Bad Batch reveal I am hoping that a lot of these helmeted characters have alternate hair pieces included along with unique prints. Fennec Shand, Bo Katan, Even mando at this point needs a face print and hair piece for the final scene of watching Grogu leave. It would be so hilarious if the Forge set includes yet another beskar mando with a spear, I kind of expect it to include the original mashup mando with the rifle and blaster but we will see.

I love these sets, and deciding what to buy and display on a mando dedicated shelf is going to keep me up at night. I have held off buying anything so I could make a better decision with more sets out and I am torn on buying the Crest or the Cruiser, I can't have both, my OCD will never accept the scale difference haha. I will wait to see how Slave 1 scales with the RC, I don't know why that set is being retired, it would also be so funny if we see a rapid turnaround for a new RC like they did with this new slave 1. This time in all stores and not just Amazon.

1 minute ago, hondohnaka said:

Claire’s would make sense. Idk where people are getting Widow from :hmpf_bad:

For me Claire's is as wild as Black Widow's.. like, I get the side but the fringe.. like, it's not like she happens to wear something very special to her on her forehead xD