MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I was really hoping for a set with Kuiil and a Blurrg actually, daft as that might sound!

I'm definitley getting the Duel on Mandalore set, I really love the colours on the throne and it's a great way to get Maul and Ahsoka

After that I think the best set of the wave is the Mandalorian Starfighter, I'd have been all over that when I was younger - I love the darker colours and the 3 Mandalorians are all flawless. Here's hoping that Lego has seen how popular the Mandalorian battlepack has been and gives us a Mandalorian Civil War battlepack once the Mandalorian TV one is discontinued. 

All the other sets are good just none of them jump out at me as something truly special. I look forward to seeing the Forge but we might have to wait a while more for that one if it's an exclusive. 

Am I the only one annoyed that the Dark Trooper doesn't have some kind of droid body? The helmet mold is amazing though and does it use Wrecker's new armour piece? 

Meh. Is this the first wave with zero sets from movies? Good builds but for me this the worst SW wave since the dark ages. I’ll probably limit purchases to just the Gauntlet and the Havoc Marauder. Maybe the Arqitens but only for a Republic mod as suggested.

19 minutes ago, Ajf350d said:

I was really hoping for a set with Kuiil and a Blurrg actually, daft as that might sound!

Yeah he's the only main character that's missing and the Blurrgs were super utilised in the first season. 

47 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Maul not using the monkey kid hilt piece is annoying but easily solved with a bricklink order (that is, if the piece has been produced in the right color yet. Last I checked I think it was only in gold :/ )

It comes in a few colours now including dark grey :wink:

Dang this wave is refreshing to see. Lots of new and/or cool stuff based on cool shows.

The biggest let-down to me is that they didn't use any budget to update the Ahsoka figure with a proper Lekku piece. This one simply doesn't work well for her at this stage, and the dinky "headband" printed up her forehead is embarrassing. Overall that set is cute though doesn't look worth the $20 USD price, but since I already have the Ahsoka and a Bricklinked Maul, probably pass.

Trexler looks like a good size with a good amount of Minifigures. No complaints.

Scaled down Slave I looks cool and the Mandalorian version of Boba Fett is a nice surprise despite being a mashup. I hope he has a unique roughed up face.

Mandalorian fighter looks good to me, though it's quite a lot of layering on the wings. The Minifigures are wonderful and the price and piece count seem right.

Moff Gideon's cruiser is nice though I doubt it will have much interior to speak of. It certainly could've used a second Dark Trooper, and Cara Dune's hairpiece is still wrong. But Fennic is a pleasant surprise that they actually did her helmet, and the one Dark Trooper that is there looks good.

All of these are on my must-have list. Fantastic wave all round, especially as a Mandalorian fanboy across all their appearances

Will definitely be getting the ITT and possibly Gideon’s Cruiser.

No need for another Slave I as I already have 2 iterations. Would have been tempted if they’d given Mandalorian Boba the Bombur gut piece though…

Edited by TeufelHund

Well, this wave looks amazing! Might be first SW wave ever that I get every set! Mandalore duel looks awesome, shame Maul doesn't use Monkie kid hilt here though. Gauntlet fighter look great as well, Bo-Katan and Newhelmet for Gar Saxon sell the set for me. New Griff Karga sells that Imperial troop transport for me as well as mortar trooper. Gideon's ship is great as well, Fennec Shand has new helmet and Dark trooper too?! Take my money now Lego!

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Glad that the darktrooper is a minifig. They're a lot bulkier than battle droids.

I was surprised it's a minifig!
I actually expected LEGO to make a droid-type minifigure a lá the super battle droid or something. 
But this one definitely looks a lot better and sturdier :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Wow, that Slave I. And it even has useful figures - and both of those figures have arm printing..

So I feared they'd make the ship bigger just for bumping the price but actually I think this is the perfect size for such a ship. I mean there's not more interior in the UCS version anyway.

And the rest: finally good minifigures again! We got almost 15 new mandalorians in around 2 years!

ha and I called it: they use black bar for the dark saber :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

2 hours ago, Stuartn said:

These sets look amazing, I think 2021 will probably go down as one of the best years for SW yet, all of the figures look brilliant, as are all the sets, and I like DBG rather than LBG for the Marauder (Mando one, not the BB one- this will be confusing), though my favourite is the  - the micro TIE fighters are brilliant and I wonder if there is a microscale interior?

Yeah, I wondered momentarily why they called it the ITT - then I remembered...

The children.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Glad that the darktrooper is a minifig. They're a lot bulkier than battle droids.

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself.

1 hour ago, Ajf350d said:

Given that he's the only character missing, there's no reason for LEGO not to make it. They have the Kuiil minifig all hashed out (2016 - 17 Ugnaught with different printing) and I feel like they could do what they did for Jurassic World, in that they have a body mold, two legs, and two arms.

I hope so much, that this wave will succeed for many reasons...

I love how there is - as far as I can see - no needless filler stuff in any of these sets to artificially increase the price. The new slave one is just awesome. It works perfectly as a toy, has two cool figures and there is arm printing for characters, that really need them, while keeping it at a reasonable price. If the roumors are correct, there will be a Mandalorian forge, so lego saw that there are 2 not that central but really beloved characters that could be made with one new mould (blacksmith and Maul trooper)... Ok, there are stickers, but they are used for irrelevant stuff and not like the people in carbonite from the razor crest or essential elements from Harry Potter. I hope this can become a lesson of how to make future licence sets.

Star Wars was such a huge thing to me in my childhoood and teen years. It made me sad, when Disney took over and announced, that what I loved most about it was non-canonical now. The hope to get new awesome stuff declined with the announcement of EA doing all video games from now on... When I saw the IP got butchered by Kathleen Kennedy in the most malevolent way imagineable, I finally lost interest completely. I don´t get emotional easily, but seeing Mark Hamil having his heart broken by the destruction of Luke Skywalker in a way that makes children cry when they see Hamil on the street, hit me. Dave Filoni´s Mandalorian is in my eyes a resurrection of what Star wars once was. Simple Stories about characters that made me care about them by going through the classic heroes journey in an interesting sci-fi-setting. The last episode of season 2 made me tear up. If the sales of toys connected to it succeed, it does their part of proving that the classic elements of good story telling matter. Maybe then we will get cinematic masterpieces again like the original Mulan or Tarzan.

I´d love to get Kuiil, but I understand why they didn´t make him. The Mandalorians and Baby Yoda are cool figures even for children that don´t know the series. Shand will be most likely quite relevant to the Bad Batch series and they can use the mould in more than one set. Cara was meant to get an own show and stay relevant in the Mandalorian... also she is cheap to produce with this random hair piece. The old ugnaught piece is out of production, isn´t it? Kuiil would need to come with a Blurg... and I don´t know how popular a brickbuild one would be... A mould for a Blurg would be quite an investment, if we can´t predict how often they will appear again. We didn´t even have a Bantha until the micro fighter brick build version..

I´d just wish I hadn´t bricklinked an expensive Cara on bricklink when Disney canceled her role and stopped the merchandise production involving her.^^´

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

They mentioned that battle packs weren't dead, am I crazy? Like a Praetorian Guard situation? Maybe throwing in an officer to represent the bridge crew on the Light Cruiser?

Why do a new helmet print and a jetpack that actually looks like his jetpack when you could just.. not? Probably a cost/limited spaces for new parts thing, but come on. They didn't even make his armour and helmet the same colour.

Most likely dark troopers will show up in other sets, but I think ut depends mostly of they be frequent in the future.

The special troopers from Rogue one and Solo movies have not shown up again.

Looks like I was right and they took the arm printing off Mando in the Arquitens. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

17 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

The hope to get new awesome stuff declined with the announcement of EA doing all video games from now on... When I saw the IP got butchered by Kathleen Kennedy in the most malevolent way imagineable, I finally lost interest completely. I don´t get emotional easily, but seeing Mark Hamil having his heart broken by the destruction of Luke Skywalker in a way that makes children cry when they see Hamil on the street, hit me.

This is, uh... A take.

Personally I'd be all for brick built blurrgs, although I don't know if it would be made of so many pieces that a new mould would be no more expensive. I guess the Tauntaun gets its own mold, and a blurrg would presumably be about the same size. I think it would work great in one of the microfighter double packs, though.

Getting a closer look at the Trexler Marauder, I'm not sold on the combination of dark and light bley. I think it would have looked better were it all one shade of one or the other. It's probably the set I'll pick up first though, in all honesty.

11 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Looks like I was right and they took the arm printing off Mando in the Arquitens. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

I don't think they did - I'll pm you a picture with the figs. You can clearly see where the printing exists.

Insanely surprised by the Slave 1 minifigs.. I didn't even considered buying it and now I want it more than ever (also I don't already have a Slave 1, so..)

36 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

I don´t get emotional easily, but seeing Mark Hamil having his heart broken by the destruction of Luke Skywalker in a way that makes children cry when they see Hamil on the street, hit me. 

Ughhh thanks for reminding me why I keep on going through long periods of not engaging in the Star Wars fandom

2 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I don't think they did - I'll pm you a picture with the figs. You can clearly see where the printing exists.

Oh dope thanks. Maybe I’m just looking at the pictures wrong bc I have trust issues with Lego :hmpf:

2 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Yeah, he's clearly got arm printing

Just now, hondohnaka said:

Oh dope thanks. Maybe I’m just looking at the pictures wrong bc I have trust issues with Lego :hmpf:

PM'd and I totally agree.

Wow, what an amazing wave! Just imagine if someone told us a few years back that there will be an entire summer wave without a single movie set, crazy. There is Vader's meditation chamber but it's an exclusive 18+ set so that doesn't really count I guess.

That Throne room build is actually amazing, much better than I thought. I absolutely love the glass build behind it. The prison cell is the best they could have done without a new mold so I don't have complaints there.

The Mandalorian fighter is perfect for the size, so glad we are getting this set. Gar Saxon and Bo Katan are perfect :wub:

As for the Slave I, interesting to see it's actually based on Mando. A surprise to be sure. I recently got the UCS version and while I knew this new one won't be able to match it in any way, I was wrong on one account. Boba has arm printing! Of course it's a different thing considering it's his Mando S2 look but I just find it funny cause I gave it some thought lol. So glad they did that cause he looks spectacular and now I can display both of them with it. As for the helmet, well, it took us 1+ years to get a perfect Din, Boba's helmet will get upgraded eventually. At least the first version has arm printing! Also, I'm so happy I got the Brickarms dual molded gaffi stick back in 2015/16 when I had no idea what that thing even was! I knew it would come in handy one day, and now I have the perfect figure to display it with!

The Arquitens looks nice as well. Is it just me or is the bridge a bit bulkier than the rest of the build? It might be the angle, guess we will have to see. Can anyone confirm if Gideon has a double sided cape? I really hope that's the case. As for the Dark Saber... I really hope there is a CMF so it can get proper treatment like the Sword of Gryffindor did.

1 hour ago, Ajf350d said:

That would be perfect honestly, it's the sole major thing we are missing from season 1.

16 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

When I saw the IP got butchered by Kathleen Kennedy in the most malevolent way imagineable, I finally lost interest completely.

You do realize she is responsible for that same Mandalorian you love? And Clone Wars S7, and everything else...

47 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

This is, uh... A take.

I think you’ll find that there’s a lot of Star Wars fans who feel the same way. The fact that people like @ood0 are so quick to call us toxic for having an opinion doesn’t help the problem. Throwing out the old cannon was one thing, but denying its existence as a whole was another. The Last Jedi was a straight up ”megabluck you” to the most dedicated fans and that fact only becomes more clear as time goes on. They are only just recently regaining the goodwill of the fans, and there are still many of us who are quite skeptical. 

23 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

You do realize she is responsible for that same Mandalorian you love? And Clone Wars S7, and everything else...

We’ve known for quite a while that she had a very hands off roll in both of those productions. John and Dave had to go above her head at Disney to get things done on Mando at times. Don’t go giving credit for other people’s accomplishments to the person who made it her personal mission to make sure we didn’t get to see Han, Luke and Leia together again and instead made us watch Luke Skywalker milk a space cow.

This wave is reflective of the fact that Star Wars may finally be getting back on track. Mando has a lot of faults as a show but it understands George Lucas’s idea of Star Wars moreso than any of the other Disney productions. Let us enjoy it while we can before Star Wars takes a nosedive again. 

Edited by Brikkyy13

Let's keep this discussion about the sets and not the opinions on people at lucasfilm.

I was really hoping the Trexler would be LBG but it ended up DBG. Not that it's inaccurate or anything, it's just going to be a bit harder to justify buying more than one of them like I had initially planned. I could probably use the DBG for rockwork or something. Anything to get more of the new stormies.

Very pleased Cara Dune still ended up in the cruiser, prices for her minifig on the aftermarket should remain stable for now.

Boba is great! I echo the sentiment about his helmet but I can look past it. 2 arm printed figures in a $50 set is amazing, but also sets a precedent. I can already hear people in every future wave complaining that such and such figure didn't get arm printing but $50 Boba Fett did :ugh: Sorry if that's pessimistic of me, I just hope people will see this as the exception rather than the rule.

Mandalorian duel is mandalorian duel. Don't particularly care for the scene or the characters so this one's an easy pass for me. Great that others will be able to get such a nice Maul for such a low price.

Whoa!  Stepping up your game, eh LEGO?  I see you.

Great looking sets packed with highly desirable minifigs with no extraneous filler?  Two iconic UCS sets coming soon...you really DO care!! :iamded_lol:...sniffle...I still think LEGOcon is kinda dumb tho.