MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just built Scout trooper and Darth Vader helmets one after the other and I gotta say I really like both of them. I liked scout trooper as soon as I saw official pictures but I was unsure about Vader. Luckily, he looks way better in person. As I suspected, the angle of the picture on the box just doesn't portray the set in the best way. 

Scout trooper helmet is almost prefect representation (as a Lego set can be) of the real-life counterpart, while Vader is less so but imo the Scout trooper is the best looking helmet at the moment. Still, Vader is good and the builds of both sets are fun (Vader's uses some really interesting building techniques as well). 

If you are thinking about getting any helmets from the series and don't have any yet, then I strongly advice you to go for the Scout trooper and Vader. Stormtrooper and TIE pilot are also fun (I know cause I have 'em), but they don't look as good as the new helmets. 

The only small gripe I have with the helmet series is the scale - Vader and Scout trooper are a bit smaller in comparison to the Stormtrooper and/or TIE pilot. This is especially true for Vader helmet which would need to be substantially bigger in comparison with the Stormtrooper. Scout trooper is only a bit smaller so the scale "issue" is not that apparent when side-by-side with the Stormie. But overall, great products. Now I'm waiting for non-imperial helmets/heads :excited:

Edited by Alpha Draconis

Heads up for those in the US, my Walmart had the Imperial TIE on sale for $32 (they were sold out, sadly, because I've been looking to get it and that's a great price), plus the ATT is being sold at $32 and 501st Troopers for $24 (the last two I believe aren't a sale but just a reduced price).  I'm not sure if that TIE price is a national sale, but just thought that was worth throwing out there.

On 5/29/2021 at 4:40 AM, ood0 said:

Why does everyone seem to think Delta Squad has any chance of appearing again? Especially in Bad Batch? Maybe EA will remake the game like they remade Battlefront, but I don't strongly believe they would even do that. 

Anyway, they'd just use Invincible Iron Man helmets for the figures and everyone would complain.

I think they could show up in bad batch (More on that below), but I think it's most likely they'll just show up as player skins in the next battlefront or something (seeing as that's where we got the first clone commando content since their cameo in TCW. I think if they did show up in a set, lego would get new molds as they can use the one mold for all four squad members+ throw a generic white clone commando into literally any clone wars era set, as opposed to, say, wrecker, where it'd never be used for any other character. 

On 5/28/2021 at 9:23 PM, ood0 said:

I don't get people saying those characters were obscure. Am I a bigger DC fan than I thought? The only DC comic I've read is Neil Gaiman's Sandman because Neil Gaiman wrote it, and yet I knew all the characters from just growing up watching Batman: Brave and the Bold, Justice League Unlimited and Teen Titans. I feel like I should mention that I have watched other DC stuff but all characters in the cmf have been spotlighted in those three, except for Green Lantern Simon Baz, who I've heard of but know nothing about (aside from him carrying a gun).

I think the difference is superhero sets are a lot more character-driven than star wars, as the vehicles are a much bigger draw. With superheroes, you've got the Quinjet, bat-vehicles, the Hulkbuster....and that's about it. (Maybe some more minor ones like invisible jet, etc, or the x-jet if they ever get back to x-men.) With star wars, the vehicles are as iconic as the characters. X-wings, TIEs, the Falcon, the Death Star, etc, I'd argue are just as iconic as vader and yoda.

On a separate note, Baz has usurped Stewart as my new favorite green lantern and I am going to go bricklink that figure now. Please tell me there's a panel where a villain brags about being immune to the ring and Baz just pulls out a glock and drops him.

On 5/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, TeddytheSpoon said:

Yeah, based on the interview I don't think there's anything more nefarious at work than 'contract says no'. I think 2022 is one of those that gets thrown around - I feel like 2021 got thrown around a lot about a year ago for the same argument.

NO! Clearly this is part of an anti-prequel agenda to discredit MandR! :laugh:

2022 is when the contract ends (which just means they'll renegotiate, they aren't gonna end the theme), so I guess it's possible.

20 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

They re-released it for the switch and PS4, maybe they want everyone to know their story before introducting them in Bad Batch

I've been speculating for months that they'll be the villains of season 2 or something, since they were in TCW back in season 3 and their chips would have activated, as AFAIK they aren't genetically different from regs.

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

On a separate note, Baz has usurped Stewart as my new favorite green lantern and I am going to go bricklink that figure now. Please tell me there's a panel where a villain brags about being immune to the ring and Baz just pulls out a glock and drops him.

Looked it up, yeah it happened

simon-baz-shoots-sinestro-with-a-gun-3.j

simon-baz-shoots-sinestro-with-a-gun-4.j

Guys, this is the Star Wars forum not the superhero one. Stay on target.

6 hours ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle is now available for preorder in Europe at LEGO.com! 

Not in Australia tho... What does LEGO have against us?

22 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

Not in Australia tho... What does LEGO have against us?

I don't think LEGO ever does pre-orders in Australia. Their supply line is too messy and uncertain. But, the set will show up and be available once it does. It's no 501st :laugh:

I messaged LEGO customer service asking why we can’t preorder Star Wars sets here as well as a few other questions. The reply I got ignored all my questions except the preorder one and they basically told me “if you want to preorder something preorder the Luigi starter course.”

5 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I messaged LEGO customer service asking why we can’t preorder Star Wars sets here as well as a few other questions. The reply I got ignored all my questions except the preorder one and they basically told me “if you want to preorder something preorder the Luigi starter course.”

They should be politicians, deflect and avoid.

We're not asking for special treatment just equal.  

Really cant tell from those Vader Meditation Pictures, does he has arm printing? I know people have been hoping after the bespin duel fun.

I love that the Meditation Chamber includes the viewscreen with Admirals Ozzel and Piett. It reminds me of the hologram of Sidious in the original Star Destroyer set back in 2006 or whenever that was.

The Meditation Chamber looks incredible! Definitely picking this up as soon as it comes out.

48 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Really cant tell from those Vader Meditation Pictures, does he has arm printing? I know people have been hoping after the bespin duel fun.

Yeah, it's hard to tell, but I think I see the shoulder pad printing on the top of the arms. Also, it looks like there's no stormtrooper either. Besides the overall build, the screen and new Piett are the highlights for me :grin:

Edited by avengers777

Meditation chamber is really pretty until you get to the top panels and the studs kinda throw it off. Eh. Wasn’t gonna buy it but it’s pretty. 

Meditation chamber looks very nice. Vader does have arm printing again according to Landino, which makes sense given it's in the same vein as the Bespin set from last year. 70 bucks seems steep though.

2 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Meditation chamber looks very nice. Vader does have arm printing again according to Landino, which makes sense given it's in the same vein as the Bespin set from last year. 70 bucks seems steep though.

I don't completely disagree, but in fairness $70 for 663 pieces isn't a bad PPP at all, even if most of the pieces are small.

Wow, people like this? It's looks to me like a black blob with a flimsy crane, not the display piece it's supposed to be at all. And yeah it has a lot of pieces for what it is, but they don't amount to much.

Does it even have the ability to grab Vader's helmet off him, and put it on him again like has been done once or twice before?

If this had the ability to put Vader's helmet on him and spin him around when opening it, it would be cool. That wouldn't even be difficult to achieve with some string rigged up to the eyesore crane arm. Without any function at all, and as a blob of a display piece, what the heck.

Maybe it will look better in the hands of real people and not in promo shots.

9 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Wow, people like this? It's looks to me like a black blob with a flimsy crane, not the display piece it's supposed to be at all. And yeah it has a lot of pieces for what it is, but they don't amount to much.

Agreed. $US70 will be $Au150 and half of the pieces are the base. 75183 Vader transformation is a much better set. The chamber itself is not too bad as a set but not at that price and 18+.

Wow didn't expect to see this randomly show up. It looks alright but the figures are quite uninteresting. At least it's another opportunity for people to get Vader with arm printing if they don't already have it. 

1 minute ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

I love the meditation chamber, but too expensive for the size of it. $50 would have been perfect. 

Completely agree. Maybe lower.

I dont know why they put in General Veers and not a new variant of Admiral Piett. I mean when I think about the camber, I think about the scene where the Admiral comes in and sees Vader's scarred head (or the meeting with old Palpatine). Where is the holopad? Would be a nice addition. Just a small extension.

And we already have Veers (in Battle Armor) and a officer with a General rank.

12 minutes ago, Macropus said:

I dont know why they put in General Veers and not a new variant of Admiral Piett. I mean when I think about the camber, I think about the scene where the Admiral comes in and sees Vader's scarred head (or the meeting with old Palpatine). Where is the holopad? Would be a nice addition. Just a small extension.

I thought this was Piett?

Looking at it I think they could've reduced the piece count quite significantly with a less elaborate base. If they'd done away with the square base and just had the round pedestal of the chamber I reckon they could easily shave $10 off the price.