MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Turns out, surprise surprise, @MandRproductions was full of shit on the CMF thing. Cue three pages of argument on the subject and the mods locking the thread.

Edited by hondohnaka

23 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Turns out, surprise surprise, @MandRproductions was full of shit on the CMF thing. Cue three pages of argument on the subject and the mods locking the thread.

So shocked (sarcasm). Ever since he got kicked out of LAN, he seems to hate Lego Star Wars fans with his trolling and lies. 

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm glad to hear they aren't scrapping Battle Packs just yet :excited:

Very glad Battle Packs aren't dead as well. What are some people's dream battle packs? Any remakes you'd all like? 

13 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

So shocked (sarcasm). Ever since he got kicked out of LAN, he seems to hate Lego Star Wars fans with his trolling and lies. 

Very glad Battle Packs aren't dead as well. What are some people's dream battle packs? Any remakes you'd all like? 

Stormies, but that’s just bc I got really hard into the Imperials recently. ARC troopers. More mandalorians that aren’t neon colors. Battle droids. FOR THE LOVE OF THE FORCE BATTLE DROIDS. You cannot release 6 clone troopers in a wave and only four battle droids. That’s ridiculous. Battle droid armies are meant to outweigh the clones by orders of magnitude because of how they were produced. 

44 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Leaving insults out of it, can you share what exactly he was wrong about and where you got this information? 

Edited by Utinni Utinni

20 minutes ago, Utinni Utinni said:

Leaving insults out of it, can you share what exactly he was wrong about and where you got this information? 

Go read FalconFan’s post on insta 

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

Oh where to start? Endor Rebels, Hoth forces, Fleet Troopers, Phase I & Phase II Plain Clones, Battle Droids, 327th Star Corps, and Galactic Marines, Death Watch, the list is remarkably long.

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Turns out, surprise surprise, @MandRproductions was full of shit on the CMF thing.

Lies! Deception! :head_back: The guy with an obvious hate b*ner for TLG lied to sic his obnoxious fanbase on them? I‘m flabbergasted, I tell you :laugh_hard:

Glad to hear that BPs aren‘t dead yet :thumbup: Let‘s hope they return next winter in full force! 

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Battle droid armies are meant to outweigh the clones by orders of magnitude because of how they were produced. 

They already do, no need for a BP unless it includes something interesting like a new variant or a super tactical droid :tongue:

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Kim, please keep things on topic and relevant.

Spoiler

Oh, but it is! :laugh: Doubt we'll see it in a set until 2022 at the earliest though.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm glad to hear they aren't scrapping Battle Packs just yet :excited:

Yes, I'm so glad we've got official confirmation.

3 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Of course he was, half his stuff is clickbait.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

What are some people's dream battle packs? Any remakes you'd all like? 

Isn't that wishlisting?

Nice to see Battle Packs aren't dead, though I'm still hesitant we'll ever get a full on Clone one any time soon considering how well a 30$ set sold with 4 in it. I think the Rebel Fleet Troopers or standard B1/B2 Droids need a new BP the most. 

3 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Please leave the wishlists to the appropriate thread.

I don't understand hate towards MandR,he said LEGO stopped making battlepacks for now which they did,he never said they won't make them ever again.
He is right about LEGO selling minifigures too,it's really weird how other companies can make figures,but lego can't. Just look up Kubricks Star Wars figures,hot toys,star wars miniatures etc,also how can LEGO individually sell 20th anniversary Obi ? Or make figures in magazines without builds? Your opinion of him on the side,something is really off here,LEGO designers say 1 thing and proof + logic says the other..

I am super happy they will make battlepacks again,those sets are my favorites cause i love army building and ton of kids can get into LEGO cause of it's price like i did when i was a kid.

34 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

He is right about LEGO selling minifigures too,it's really weird how other companies can make figures,but lego can't. Just look up Kubricks Star Wars figures,hot toys,star wars miniatures etc,also how can LEGO individually sell 20th anniversary Obi ? Or make figures in magazines without builds? Your opinion of him on the side,something is really off here,LEGO designers say 1 thing and proof + logic says the other..

20th anniversary Obi had a build included (the stand) and the magazine extras are just that: extras. What you actually pay for is the magazine. Besides, it's in the contract, what more proof do you need? :tongue:

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

20th anniversary Obi had a build included (the stand) and the magazine extras are just that: extras. What you actually pay for is the magazine. Besides, it's in the contract, what more proof do you need? :tongue:

Also, as I said when this came out, it would make literally no financial sense for them to not sell these figures by themselves.  By all accounts, the HP ones sold really well (at least, based on how people here talk about them, they were very popular) and SW is even more character-driven than that.  As long as they didn't go the DC route and go too obscure on some of the characters, they'd be flying off the shelves.  Can you imagine if they stuck in a P2 Rex or something?  It'd be annoying as hell to find, because inevitably the "resellers" would be buying all of them and selling for $20 each, but it'd at least drive the price down on the secondary market ones.

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Figures from companies like Hot Toys, Kubricks, Funko and Sideshow are intended to be collectibles for display by older collectors, not toys to be played with by kids. And from what I recall they all still had to go through Hasbro first before they were approved to sell Star Wars merchandise.

46 minutes ago, Utinni Utinni said:

After a few episodes of the Bad Batch, have opinions changed on the Lego set?

I'm very glad that Gonky is included, I'll say that much!

I wasn't really interested when the descriptions of it leaked, I became more interested when the show premiered, and I do really love the figures and the design looks good.  I feel like if it goes on discount on Amazon or at Target or something I might end up getting it, especially because previous iterations of main ships from TV shows (the Twilight, the Ghost) have only been made once.

2 minutes ago, wesker said:

Figures from companies like Hot Toys, Kubricks, Funko and Sideshow are intended to be collectibles for display by older collectors, not toys to be played with by kids. And from what I recall they all still had to go through Hasbro first before they were approved to sell Star Wars merchandise.

Was going to say this in my prior comment, too.  It's a totally different market, as none of those figures are really playable, and some of them, if I'm not mistaken, are almost $100 each (I think the Sideshow or Gentle Giant busts are super expensive, if I remember correctly?).  On the subject of Funkos, from what I gather, too, the reason the SW ones are bobbleheads and have display bases, whereas all of the other Funko toys are just stagnant figures was because they might quality as action figures?  I'm not positive on that, but that was what I saw somewhere.  

I'll get a copies of all the different contracts each company has so we can really parse it out.:devil:

In the meantime, 2021 sets, eh?

6 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Battle droids. FOR THE LOVE OF THE FORCE BATTLE DROIDS. You cannot release 6 clone troopers in a wave and only four battle droids. That’s ridiculous. Battle droid armies are meant to outweigh the clones by orders of magnitude because of how they were produced. 

Only if they update the mold. I truly hate how the legs can't move.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Also, as I said when this came out, it would make literally no financial sense for them to not sell these figures by themselves.  By all accounts, the HP ones sold really well (at least, based on how people here talk about them, they were very popular) and SW is even more character-driven than that.  As long as they didn't go the DC route and go too obscure on some of the characters, they'd be flying off the shelves.  Can you imagine if they stuck in a P2 Rex or something?  It'd be annoying as hell to find, because inevitably the "resellers" would be buying all of them and selling for $20 each, but it'd at least drive the price down on the secondary market ones.

I don't get people saying those characters were obscure. Am I a bigger DC fan than I thought? The only DC comic I've read is Neil Gaiman's Sandman because Neil Gaiman wrote it, and yet I knew all the characters from just growing up watching Batman: Brave and the Bold, Justice League Unlimited and Teen Titans. I feel like I should mention that I have watched other DC stuff but all characters in the cmf have been spotlighted in those three, except for Green Lantern Simon Baz, who I've heard of but know nothing about (aside from him carrying a gun).

38 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I don't get people saying those characters were obscure. Am I a bigger DC fan than I thought? The only DC comic I've read is Neil Gaiman's Sandman because Neil Gaiman wrote it, and yet I knew all the characters from just growing up watching Batman: Brave and the Bold, Justice League Unlimited and Teen Titans. I feel like I should mention that I have watched other DC stuff but all characters in the cmf have been spotlighted in those three, except for Green Lantern Simon Baz, who I've heard of but know nothing about (aside from him carrying a gun).

Disclaimer there is that I'm not knowledgeable at all on DC and did see some others saying they're kind of obscure (not counting the Batman/Wonder Woman stuff, of course).  I feel like with the Marvel set, even the characters in that set that aren't as "marquee" (ie: Not Spiderman/Iron Man/Captain America or whoever) have been really, really widely marketed recently, so even people (like me) that haven't even seen any of the movies, still have at least heard of the characters.  I had no idea who Wanda or Vision were until the show came out and had ads literally everywhere.  The problem I think with the DC one is that I think most casual fans (like me) only really have seen some of the live action films (I personally have skipped the stuff post-Nolan trilogy, and they don't seem to focus as much on some of the less-known characters.  On top of that, Marvel is just a more popular property right now.  They haven't really had any notable massive hits in the past decade other than arguably Wonder Woman or Joker, but it feels like Marvel has at least one spin-off for every character plus the main Avengers films.  Like I said, I haven't even seen the movies, but I can still recognize "Oh yeah, that guy is from Avengers" for characters outside of the main few.  

I feel like it'd be the equivalent of SW releasing a series with a few alternate costumes or concept art figures for Luke/Leia/Vader, and then putting in like more background characters or Jedi like Aayla Secura and Sassee Tin.  SW fans would definitely know who those characters are and be happy to get them cheap, and the appeal might be a bit stronger because TCW is pretty popular, but I feel like a lot of casual fans or people that aren't huge SW fans would be less interested in the non-main characters.  I know that was my attitude towards the DC set, I thought the retro-comic versions of Batman/WW were super cool and unique, but really had no interest in the others.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Only if they update the mold. I truly hate how the legs can't move.

100% agree,they are using the same build/mold for battle droids since 1999,they age terribly and super battle droids legs are literally breaking after time,i am afraid to even touch my commando droids

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm very glad that Gonky is included, I'll say that much!

I wasn't really interested when the descriptions of it leaked, I became more interested when the show premiered, and I do really love the figures and the design looks good.  I feel like if it goes on discount on Amazon or at Target or something I might end up getting it, especially because previous iterations of main ships from TV shows (the Twilight, the Ghost) have only been made once.

Was going to say this in my prior comment, too.  It's a totally different market, as none of those figures are really playable, and some of them, if I'm not mistaken, are almost $100 each (I think the Sideshow or Gentle Giant busts are super expensive, if I remember correctly?).  On the subject of Funkos, from what I gather, too, the reason the SW ones are bobbleheads and have display bases, whereas all of the other Funko toys are just stagnant figures was because they might quality as action figures?  I'm not positive on that, but that was what I saw somewhere.  

I get what you're saying, but Diamond Select just started making Star Wars action figures at a 7-inch scale. They're very similar to Hasbro's Black Series which are 6-inch scale figures.

Edit: I also want to add that Funko has to make bubbleheads for Marvel and there's a 6-inch Hasbro line too. I would assume that Star Wars and Marvel's contracts are very similar. So, why does Marvel get a CMF? Maybe there's some truth behind what both Ryan and the designers said? 

Edited by avengers777