MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

40 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

If there was going to be a CMF it wouldn’t be on those shows. They don’t have any specifically unique and iconic characters, unlike the Marvel CMF, several characters from which will probably never be made in a set due to their places in the narrative (Throg immediately comes to mind, as does say Zombie Cap). CMFs have always been primarily unique characters; that’s the drive for them. Almost all of Mando’s characters have been made or will be made, Andor’s stuff was all made in the Rogue One wave, Bad Batch is really just the five main clones we’ve already gotten and Omega and Fennec who we will get sooner rather then later, and do I even need to explain why Kenobi doesn’t make sense for a CMF? It’s going to be him crying in his hut between beating up Sand People and stormies. 

I would like to agree but actually: DC CMF's and some others - like those made of TLG movie properties were super weird (Batman, Lego Movie, Ninjago movie). I think CMF's about these shows also give Lego the chance to avoid clashing with the normal sets themselves (like  I think they do with Harry Potter - why would I purchase any set with those horrible figures, when we get decent ones in the CMF line).

I find even the idea of an Obi Wan or Andor show ridiculous (not saying it cannt be well executed).

7 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

So, there's a post on IG that I assume is probably BS, considering the original "leaker" has about 100 followers, but they're claiming a D+ CMF series is coming.  I'm assuming that this is just some guy trying to establish credibility by taking what they're doing for Marvel and assuming it'll come with SW, then if it does happen, they can say "See, I was right!" and spread more BS rumors, but does anyone reliable have any info on this?  Or is it just a case of "throw ish at the wall and see what sticks"?

If he didn't specify star wars I'm guessing he's just talking about marvel. If not, I'm guessing it's BS. Star wars has a lot more vehicles and playset opportunities than marvel does (Especially with the new marvel show coming out that's going to be just a ton of character variants like spider-captain america, apocalypse iron man, infinity stone-laden ultron, etc), so a CMF for just a couple shows doesn't make as much sense.

3 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

It’s going to be him crying in his hut

Star Wars: The Depression Strikes Back.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

41 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If he didn't specify star wars I'm guessing he's just talking about marvel. If not, I'm guessing it's BS. Star wars has a lot more vehicles and playset opportunities than marvel does (Especially with the new marvel show coming out that's going to be just a ton of character variants like spider-captain america, apocalypse iron man, infinity stone-laden ultron, etc), so a CMF for just a couple shows doesn't make as much sense.

Yeah, they said it was Star Wars.  I also think it's probably fake or just someone trying to establish themselves as "credible" by guessing that this will happen, since the Marvel one is confirmed, but I figured I'd check and see if anyone legitimate had heard of it.

The CMF „rumour“ is obvious BS. Not only wouldn‘t it make much sense for it to follow the same pattern as the Marvel series, it‘s also way too early for any sort of 2022 info to leak, let alone CMF rumours :head_back: Just some desperate soul trying to find some short-lived relevance on IG

Paul Seeley already confirmed that it's not happening right now, and definitely not in January 2022.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The CMF „rumour“ is obvious BS. Not only wouldn‘t it make much sense for it to follow the same pattern as the Marvel series, it‘s also way too early for any sort of 2022 info to leak, let alone CMF rumours :head_back: Just some desperate soul trying to find some short-lived relevance on IG

Not to mention that Lego actually makes sets for Star Wars Disney+ series, unlike Marvel - The Mandalorian, The Bad Batch and The Clone Wars all have had sets recently.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

This may be a controversial statement, but I think SW is the only license in TLG‘s arsenal that wouldn‘t really benefit from having a CMF series :shrug_oh_well: A lot of minifigs are already on CMF-level quality (mould- and printing-wise at least, dual-moulded arms and legs are still a rarity), and there‘s way too many characters to choose from, even if they went the D+ route.

I get that people want cheap army building opportunities, but that‘s what the battlepacks are for, or at least they used to be (fingers crossed they actually return at some point!)

Of course I wouldn‘t complain if they eventually ended up releasing one, but I would prefer the licensed CMF series to be dedicated to other themes :grin:

Isn't that there are way too many characters to choose from a reason TO do the CMF series? They wouldn't have to worry about overlap between CMFs and sets.

Edited by Utinni Utinni

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This may be a controversial statement, but I think SW is the only license in TLG‘s arsenal that wouldn‘t really benefit from having a CMF series :shrug_oh_well: A lot of minifigs are already on CMF-level quality (mould- and printing-wise at least, dual-moulded arms and legs are still a rarity), and there‘s way too many characters to choose from, even if they went the D+ route.

I get that people want cheap army building opportunities, but that‘s what the battlepacks are for, or at least they used to be (fingers crossed they actually return at some point!)

Of course I wouldn‘t complain if they eventually ended up releasing one, but I would prefer the licensed CMF series to be dedicated to other themes :grin:

The only reason I want a CMF is because they're so damn cagey about making new clone helmets these days I feel like the only way we'll get a new one with pegholes for clones with visors, clones with rangefinders and clones with binocular attachments is if they make one for a CMF series, where they're notoriously fine with making dozens of new molds, even for one-off uses

13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also, it feels like Lego has covered not only every Star Wars character, but every variant of them too.

A CMF for Star Wars would just feel very repetitive, unless they went the Disney+ route.

I feel like a CMF series for Star Wars would have to be based on something very specific - video games, Legends, Disney+ etc. to work at all.

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, it feels like Lego has covered not only every Star Wars character, but every variant of them too.

Absolutely not true for the prequels.

9 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Not true for anything outside the OT. We STILL don't have a Saw Gerrera figure despite him being a major character who's appeared in multiple things set between episodes 3 and 4. We don't have Rise of Skywalker Palpatine, the main villain of the film. We don't have Dryden Voss (and yet we got Crimson Dawn Maul, who appeared for all of 30 seconds as a teaser for the never-to-be-made Solo 2).

10 minutes ago, ood0 said:

We don't have Dryden Voss (and yet we got Crimson Dawn Maul, who appeared for all of 30 seconds as a teaser for the never-to-be-made Solo 2).

Saw and TROS Palpy being missing still boggles my mind, but at least we have an explanation for Vos‘ absence. It hasn‘t been outright confirmed, but I think the helmetless Hybolon enforcer head mould was initially intended for Vos. After the recast (and subsequent redesign) of the character, the mould was kept and used for his lackeys instead, even though they were never seen without their helmets :shrug_oh_well:

…well, that would explain his absence in the Solo sets, but not why he hasn‘t been released in an AC or polybag instead.

Anyway, him getting a character model in the final season of TCW gives me hope he might show up in the Bad Batch, so if we‘re lucky we may get a minifig of his that way. Same goes for Saw of course :laugh:

35 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

That's why I said characters, I don't mean every random alien that appears for 0.008 seconds.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's why I said characters, I don't mean every random alien that appears for 0.008 seconds.

You mean like the two Trade Federation guys who were the non-sith villains of Episode 1, who have never been made based on that appearance?

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Prequel characters who have a name and dialogue but no minifigure include Fode and Beed, Shmi Skywalker, Boss Nass, Rune Haako (and the AotC aide who may or may not be Haako), Ric Olié, Sabé, Sio Bibble, Valorum, Tey How, Kitster, Daultay Dofine, Lott Dod, Gragra, Mas Amedda, Lama Su, Taun We, Dexter, Typho, Cliegg Lars, Jocasta Nu, Queen Jamilia, Elan Sleazebaggano, Cordé, Dormé, Wat Tambor, Beru Whitesun, Tion Medon, Lushros Dofine, and Captain Colton. Some well-known Jedi and Separatist Council members are left as well.

Edited by Graupensuppe

Not everyone has been in this hobby since they were SIX years old. :)

I've been getting sets for like 3 years and there are a lot of characters that I can only get by overpaying. And TLG doesn't get a dime from it. Of course there's value to Lego in creating scarcity for some things, but there's scarcity to spare.

Plus, just change a print and the scarcity remains. That's just for named characters. Add a clone pilot in there and they make even more.

8 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Prequel characters who have a name and dialogue but no minifigure include Fode and Beed, Shmi Skywalker, Boss Nass, Rune Haako (and the AotC aide who may or may not be Haako), Ric Olié, Sabé, Sio Bibble, Valorum, Tey How, Kitster, Daultay Dofine, Lott Dod, Gragra, Mas Amedda, Lama Su, Taun We, Dexter, Typho, Cliegg Lars, Jocasta Nu, Queen Jamilia, Elan Sleazebaggano, Cordé, Dormé, Wat Tambor, Beru Whitesun, Tion Medon, Lushros Dofine, and Captain Colton. Some well-known Jedi and Separatist Council members are left as well.

Out of all those characters I recognise only 2 :laugh_hard:

Just because they have names doesn't mean they deserve minfigures. No one (except for maybe some hardcore SW fans) has thought "oh boy, what a shame we haven't got a minfigure of Wat Tambor yet". 

The point is, these aren't candidates for the CMF series.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just because they have names doesn't mean they deserve minfigures.

In my book any character who had a speaking role in a movie and/or looks cool deserves a minifigure, and characters that are visually interesting but don't fit in any set are prime candidates for a CMF series.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No one (except for maybe some hardcore SW fans) has thought "oh boy, what a shame we haven't got a minfigure of Wat Tambor yet".

Uhm...

Especially Wat Tambor seems like a perfect choice to me. Apart from his movie appearances he was a key villain in some recent TCW episodes, he's of a species that has never been made as a minifigure so far, and he's a meme.

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

and how many of these characters are actually relevant? I could sit here and complain about how we haven't gotten admiral motti, general tagge, nien nunb, derek klivian, moff jerjerod, force ghosts, Peekpa, Romba, Widdle Warrick, Wunka, unnamed ewoks 4, 11, 8, and 13, BoShek, Sy Snootles... you get the idea. The truth is, most of these characters are not at all memorable or appealing to the key demographic (children), and most of them do not show up in scenes that lend themselves nicely to being playsets. If they do, they would be based on scenes that don't include these characters because they are not the scenes kids will associate that location with because there are far better ones. Lego isn't going to make a galactic senate set based on episode one with chancellor valorum and 10 senators, because that would sell terribly. If they were to do it, it would most certainly be based on Yoda and Palpatine's duel, maybe being lucky enough to include Mas Amedda.

Alright, it's not that this discussion isn't relevant. It's that we can't have a discussion about CMF without it turning into a wishlist. Unless we get a better rumor source that states it's happening let's leave the CMF discussion for the other threads.

I think the Lego is the worst company of all time because they never made Dogu, Bida and Godzilla as figures. Also, there never was a "Padmes childbirth-death (due to love) set with the "buba-opa" droid.

Those characters were essential to the story and every Lego emplee proves that they hate the fans by not making a "younglings against Anakin" battlepack. 

[do not promote knock-off brands]

Edited by JopieK

@Kim-Kwang-Seok: Has someone hacked into your account or something? :snicker:

@Graupensuppe: Some of the characters on that list definitely deserve minifigs, others certainly less so. Who on Earth cares enough about Sio Bibble or Sleazebeggano to warrant minifigs? Granted, that death stick interaction is funny, but not enough to justify a minifig :tongue:

Okay, so Landino confirmed what most of us believed, this is just someone making up a rumor that seems plausible.  He said on his Instagram yesterday that IF something is coming, it's not confirmed.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Out of all those characters I recognise only 2 :laugh_hard:

Just because they have names doesn't mean they deserve minfigures. No one (except for maybe some hardcore SW fans) has thought "oh boy, what a shame we haven't got a minfigure of Wat Tambor yet". 

The point is, these aren't candidates for the CMF series.

So because you are not a prequel fan we shouldn't get the figures some of us are waiting for since 1999? 
Look at your profile picture of DC cmf,are those guys candidates for cmf series? Do you really think any child can name more than 4 characters? This is obvisouly aimed for a hardcore dc fans,same way star wars cmf should be aimed for.
Thousands of people search and want Wat Tambor figure,just search google trends worldwide from 2004-now,phrase Lego Wat Tambor is beating lego dodonna,lego wedge antilles,and half of your dc cmf figures from mr. miracle to metamorpho.