MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

The vote for a figure seems pointless then. I and many others will never forgive LEGO for this. 

As it was advertised to be an AOTC set when the vote was conducted P2 Cody was probably unlikely from the outset. The reason P2 Cody was mainly prophesied was because MandR used it as graphics for a video, and it was taken to be a rumour. I think the bigger issue is why wasn’t there a P1 pilot which is desperately due for a remake and I’d assume many people could have confidently expected and presumably voted for. And as already said, it is worse that P2 Cody did not appear in overpriced system sets like the Grievous Starfighter when the already perfectly acceptable airborne trooper was redesigned.

8 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

picking things like rose tico,jar-jar and jedi bob.

While the name 'Jedi Bob' specifically is a joke, I think people genuinely would like LEGO to release some generic Jedi. Sure, they're easy enough to make, but not everybody wants to have to take apart a face character to do so.

7 hours ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

The vote for a figure seems pointless then. I and many others will never forgive LEGO for this. 

I don't get the Cody love for this set. It makes zero sense.  Hopefully we get him in another set, but not pinning my hopes on it.

I also don't understand the retric that many fans will not forgive Lego for this, so a bunch of people didn't get what they want, if you've been doing this since 99, it's par for the course. Otherwise, welcome to the party...

7 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

you can't win with LEGO,if we vote with our wallets and boycott the set LEGO will say prequel sets aren't selling and we won't see one for next 20 years,if we buy it we won't be happy with it and we will support LEGO treating their fans like that.

If you don't buy the set then yes, it won't be selling. You shouldn't be deciding whether or not to shovel over $200+ based on 1 minifigure, especially granted that it's a display set not even to the same scale as that figure. I feel as though we're chasing our own tails at this point, discussing the same topics from months ago with no new points.

9 hours ago, Archer said:

I just want to hear the Lego Star Wars team genuinely answer the question of how in 16 years has (movie)Cody not made it into a single set. There is a 0% chance his popularity is unknown. Maybe an ambassador can pose this question in a mature way that doesn't just sound like a whiney fan (I feel like a lot of youtubers etc. sound more whiney and entitled, then simply baffled about his absence.) I think TLG tends to answer questions like this with non-answers instead of with any substantial reasons.

It's especially annoying since they made him as one of the bionicle-esque buildable figures with new molds but never as a minifig 

As someone who has comparatively lesser interest in a Cody figure, it is somewhat frustrating to the point of humorousness how we have had several Utapau sets, with all of the other Utapau incarnations of the P2 clone, 2 different CW P1 Codys, a buildable version, yet never the popular character as a minifigure that appeared a film

Edited by Stuartn

6 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

While the name 'Jedi Bob' specifically is a joke, I think people genuinely would like LEGO to release some generic Jedi. Sure, they're easy enough to make, but not everybody wants to have to take apart a face character to do so.

So instead of a cool jedi figures that are ready to be remade like Plo Koon or some jedi we never got like tens of named characters from geonosis arena or elsewhere with a splash of  jedi temple guards you think people would rather want LEGO to make a set with jedi Rob,Bob,George and Michael that were never in any form of media? And you think that would sell well when someone sees the set in store for the first time or that someone would buy a 350$ set with a generic jedis inside? This would be equivalent of LEGO making up their own generic super heroes and throwing them into marvel sets. Please...

You can easily mix and match with Ki-Adi-Mundi minifigure that came with generic robes and printed legs in extremely cheap set instead of ruining a set for everyone.

6 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

I don't get the Cody love for this set. It makes zero sense.  Hopefully we get him in another set, but not pinning my hopes on it.

I also don't understand the retric that many fans will not forgive Lego for this, so a bunch of people didn't get what they want, if you've been doing this since 99, it's par for the course. Otherwise, welcome to the party...

It does not make zero sense. The Gunship appeared in episode 3 as well without any changes, and we’ve seen minifigures from different movies in sets before, like in the UCS Falcon. This is the best chance for LEGO to release Cody since the set is expensive and many people would be more likely to get the set if he’s included. It also makes sense due to the simple fact that he was the one character that got the most votes, because LEGO did after all ask us which minifigure we wanted. 

Cody can appear in literally any Utapau or Clone Wars themed set. Yeah it sucks he was left out of General Grievous' Starfighter last year but there's nothing stopping Lego from including him next time in Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor or General Grievous' Wheel Bike. The UCS Gunship isn't his only chance of ever being made.

And for what its worth - Lego has been delivering on a LOT of fan requested characters in recent years.

12 hours ago, Stuartn said:

The reason P2 Cody was mainly prophesied was because MandR used it as graphics for a video, and it was taken to be a rumour. I think the bigger issue is why wasn’t there a P1 pilot which is desperately due for a remake and I’d assume many people could have confidently expected and presumably voted for.

I second this. Surely people should be more concerned at the fact the set likely isn't getting a P2 pilot, which would have made way more sense? I don't even know why anyone was expecting a P2 Cody in the gunship anyways - the consensus seem to be he received a ton in votes on the questionnaire last year, but I don't recall us ever seeing any results in term of minifig suggestions? Likelihood is the small community asking for him was dwarfed by other voters.

Edited by jcn

10 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

We'll forgive them eventually, but with LEGO's history of not really listening to their fans, this is still such a sore spot for the people who want him.

5 hours ago, Stuartn said:

As someone who has comparatively lesser interest in a Cody figure, it is somewhat frustrating to the point of humorousness how we have had several Utapau sets, with all of the other Utapau incarnations of the P2 clone, 2 different CW P1 Codys, a buildable version, yet never the popular character as a minifigure that appeared a film

It seems that at this point, they're either going to do it in 2025, the last LSW set we ever get, or not at all. I'm gunning for 2025, as that seems the most likely.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Cody can appear in literally any Utapau or Clone Wars themed set. Yeah it sucks he was left out of General Grievous' Starfighter last year but there's nothing stopping Lego from including him next time in Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor or General Grievous' Wheel Bike. The UCS Gunship isn't his only chance of ever being made.

And for what its worth - Lego has been delivering on a LOT of fan requested characters in recent years.

Not to be rude, but what fan - requested characters, exactly? Do you mean all of LEGO or just Star Wars?

33 minutes ago, KevinYoung said:

Do we have a date for the UCS Gunship.

No, not yet.

21 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Anyone else think the body of the Probe Droid would make a good mini Cloud City with a bit of work? Just randomly looked at it sideways and saw it.  

Yes - good idea!

4 hours ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

It does not make zero sense. The Gunship appeared in episode 3 as well without any changes, and we’ve seen minifigures from different movies in sets before, like in the UCS Falcon. This is the best chance for LEGO to release Cody since the set is expensive and many people would be more likely to get the set if he’s included. It also makes sense due to the simple fact that he was the one character that got the most votes, because LEGO did after all ask us which minifigure we wanted. 

UCS falcon had figures related to the movie either OT or ST so that argument doesn't really stand. Nothing has been out of place for UCS, it's always been a Hugh end focus with appropriate minifigs.

Lego said it was an AOTC focused set in the vote, Cody wasn't in it. Mace, Yoda, Anakie, Padme, Obi-Wan and phase 1 clones were, pick from them.

Honestly SW fans are getting a little bit annoying with all the Cody carry on. If I were lego I'd not ask anymore after the brickheadz and this whinging fiasco.

If you hate the fact that Cody isn't in don't buy the set, personally I don't care, I'm actually buying it for the ship and not a minifig. By the way I actually voted for the Nebulon and paid over the odds for the SDCC one which didn't come with a Cody or any minifig for that matter, just the ship.

1 hour ago, MAVERICK26 said:

We'll forgive them eventually, but with LEGO's history of not really listening to their fans, this is still such a sore spot for the people who want him.

It seems that at this point, they're either going to do it in 2025, the last LSW set we ever get, or not at all. I'm gunning for 2025, as that seems the most likely.

Not to be rude, but what fan - requested characters, exactly? Do you mean all of LEGO or just Star Wars?

No, not yet.

Yes - good idea!

I get it's a sore point but nothing new since 99, the sets that were missed or minifig selection back then was the same as it is now...

It took us until 2020, to get most of the Cantina done, a decent portion of Jabba's throne (2014), no Genosian Arena, no Yavin base (probably wouldn't sell well).

AOTC, TPM and ROTS aren't all that well represented and we're complaining over what essentially is a CW character... please I know he was in ROTS, but no context to the relationship was established on film.

People should be happy we're getting a PT UCS set, not too many of them around. I'd kill for and ARC-170, JSF, amongst others. We get recycled system scale sets, nothing Wookie updated in a while. I don't see why people are surprised of have such hurt feelings over it.

Still no bantha or arena creatures either, complete missed boat.

Edited by Darth Malgus

52 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Bail Organa, Zuckuss, Garindan, Bo-Katan, 501st Clones, General Dodonna, S7 Ahsoka, Moff Gideon, Beskar Mando, Dr. Evazan, Ponda Baba, Momaw Nadon, updated Cloud City cast, Bad Batch, Mandalore Maul, The Armorer, Paz Vizsla, Gar Saxon, all six Knights of Ren... The usual names that kept populating the wishlist topics all the time.

Yeah, commander Cody was never confirmed by lego to have won the poll. Since they didn’t give a limit as to how many characters could be suggested, I could certainly see enough people saying “random clones” or “Jedi” that those two characters actually won. 

Also, I don't think they've ever explicitly stated that the "winners" of the minifig vote would automatically make it into the set. The way I interpreted it, they wanted to gauge the popularity of certain characters to see what would make the most sense :purrr: If the vote was supposed to be binding, they wouldn't have left it open-ended; this is the Internet after all. 

Plus, I don't really get the obsession with Cody. Unlike other characters (*cough* Saw Gerrera *cough*), we at least have a minfig version of him, and one that represents most of his screentime. Don't get me wrong, his scenes in ROTS are set-worthy, but not start-a-hate-campaign-worthy :tongue:

There's also the possibility that they continue to watch the secondary market intently and such just let people buy third - party minifigs (CAC, M4U, etc). They still have to buy the bodies of the figs, right? I mean the actual pieces, not the prints and such. It's more money to them, no?

10 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

So instead of a cool jedi figures that are ready to be remade like Plo Koon or some jedi we never got like tens of named characters from geonosis arena or elsewhere with a splash of  jedi temple guards you think people would rather want LEGO to make a set with jedi Rob,Bob,George and Michael that were never in any form of media? And you think that would sell well when someone sees the set in store for the first time or that someone would buy a 350$ set with a generic jedis inside? This would be equivalent of LEGO making up their own generic super heroes and throwing them into marvel sets. Please...

You can easily mix and match with Ki-Adi-Mundi minifigure that came with generic robes and printed legs in extremely cheap set instead of ruining a set for everyone.

Yes, I do. You're trying to build a strawman argument here--obviously I'm not saying "No, LEGO, never make a named Jedi again"--but seriously, every Jedi of any significance has already been made. Literally zero people, even of the handful that would recognize their names, would look at a set and think "Ooh, Fi-Ek Sirch and Tarados Gon, just who I was waiting for!". If your goal is to go down Wookieepedia's list of Jedi with a pen and check them all off until you have minifigs of all of them, then you do you, but LEGOs are supposed to be a toy that encourages imagination, and there's far more value for a child playing with them to have characters they can tell their own stories about. This is why LEGO does make generic Jedi on occasion (I loved the Defender-class Cruiser set because of it). You don't see people complaining when some set has a generic Rebel pilot because such distinguished characters as Davish Krail haven't been made yet. And yes, if the Marvel movies had scenes with hundreds of unnamed generic super heroes in the background, like Star Wars has with Jedi, I would indeed want LEGO to introduce figures to represent that.

6 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

t seems that at this point, they're either going to do it in 2025, the last LSW set we ever get, or not at all. I'm gunning for 2025, as that seems the most likely.

Why are you assuming Lego Star Wars is done in 2025 and won't be renewed? 

7 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I really think the idea of LEGO not listening to fans is a case of confirmation biases.  If you look at times when they don't make everything people keep asking for, sure, but there's plenty of times in the past couple of years that they really have made stuff that people have asked for for quite some time.  Just in the past 3-4 years, there's been a number of highly requested remakes, figures, or sets in general being made.

501st BP only happened because of fans, ahem, requesting, it.

This entire wave of summer stuff is basically going to be everything that fans have been asking for, including Bo-Katan, Gar Saxon, the Armorer, Gideon, and Paz Vizsla.  

Large version of Cloud City and a Cantina had been common wish-list items for some time now, as well as Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan, and Garindan.

People wanted a prequel UCS, LEGO gave the option in the poll for a ship that people have been clamoring for.   

People complained about the prices of stuff like the TIE or X-Wing, they've almost halved the price of both for the latest releases, while still making some very quality builds and including a couple of interesting/rare-ish figures (Dodonna is new, the updated ANH Leia was only in a $200 set, and the protocol droid, while not as exciting for most, was only available in the Death Star).

I do agree, at times, their inclusion/omission of certain figures or characters can be puzzling, but I truly don't think they just ignore what fans ask for.

Edited by Kit Figsto

6 hours ago, wesker said:

Bail Organa, Zuckuss, Garindan, Bo-Katan, 501st Clones, General Dodonna, S7 Ahsoka, Moff Gideon, Beskar Mando, Dr. Evazan, Ponda Baba, Momaw Nadon, updated Cloud City cast, Bad Batch, Mandalore Maul, The Armorer, Paz Vizsla, Gar Saxon, all six Knights of Ren... The usual names that kept populating the wishlist topics all the time.

I want to make this comment my signature. For all the "lego never does what the fans want" lego has pretty much done almost everything the fans want these past couple years. 501st set, all the figures you listed, more prequel sets, more TCW sets despite the fact that the show is over, cheaper starfighters, etc. You could even include the UCS gunship (though it was a fan vote, at least it was one of the three options they gave).

As an aside, everyone's moaning about the rumored lack of a p2 cody again...they've been saying the set was based off episode 2 from the start, cody and rex would never make sense. I actually like the idea of jedi bob as aside from being sort of a meme, he was in the first-ever gunship, and could easily fill in as any of the army of generic jedi in the battle of geonosis. 

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

Why are you assuming Lego Star Wars is done in 2025 and won't be renewed? 

Every time the contract is renewed there's doom and gloom surrounding the date the renewal ends, despite the fact that they've renewed it multiple times and there's no reason they'd stop, LSW is profitable for both disney and lego. It's just pessimism.

I don't know how many of you people are working in companies. It's easy to say from the outside "They are doing this soo bad!!". Yes, sometimes the result is not satisfying for some group but even if we are egocentrical enough here: do you know the inner workings of this company?

If I could guess, I would say figures like Dondanna are a gift to hardcore SW fans because I cannot imagine any kids or cooperate hags wanting wasting ressources for such some old background character. 
This is also just my unfounded interpretation but I think this was just a gift unlike weird inclusions in let's say a Candina - because this is made for hardcore fans who want specific background characters.

An explanation for weird molds (monkey henchmen from Solo movie) would be that they have a certain (big) budget for new SW movies - and if they don't know really what to do and what will be important in the movie, they just throw ressources out, where they can. So we get useless monkey head molds, never to be seen again - like knights of Ren - but we don't get Mando helmet, because there was no budget plan for this.

So how can adult people here keep saying Lego doesnt care about, Lego does or does not.?
Lego is a company: there are probably idealistic designers and less idealistic marketing people and who knows how many divisions or descision makers/interfierers. Who know's what Disney is telling them - from other toys we know disney wanted less Luke Skywalker sequel toys because the actor was not very PR in interviews. Maybe theres many stipulations like this that we never know about.

Honestly we should be complaining more about the pilot then Cody. Cody is a meme at this point, and no fig we can get would be as good as the customs that exist which would just spark more whining. The fact we don’t have pilots is an absolute travesty; they’re a massable fig that no proper replacement exists for. Also, honestly, I don’t understand people’s obsession with Cody. Did I watch the same TCW? He’s like the less cool Rex that follows Obi-Wan around and does little. On a personal note, obviously I’m biased but if we can’t get a P2 helmet with holes/a Cody fig for the love of the Force Lego give us a molded Hondo. 

edit: also, there’s still one unrevealed set. Not to be a rumor monkey but it he possibility is still there 🤷‍♂️

Edited by hondohnaka

35 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Every time the contract is renewed there's doom and gloom surrounding the date the renewal ends, despite the fact that they've renewed it multiple times and there's no reason they'd stop, LSW is profitable for both disney and lego. It's just pessimism.

This for sure. The fan base is too large for them to just drop it. It's been one of the longest standing themes for LEGO.

Anyways, I got all of the helmets and they are all absolutely awesome. I'm REALLY enjoying Vader's helmet even more than I initially thought I would. I'm also enjoying these smaller ships, (X-Wing and Tie Fighter). I'm still kind of bummed that there's a smaller Slave 1 coming, I mean how many times do we need this ship in what seems to be a small time frame, but at the same time, I get it. I'll be dead by the time they actually release another Jango Fett's Slave 1.

As for the UCS Gunship, I'm a little bummed it's based from Episode 2, but being one of 3 Prequel UCS sets, I have no doubts it is going to outshine the rest as well as hopefully draw more attention to UCS Prequel sets in the future. I'm glad it doesn't have Cody though. I understand why everyone wants him, I voted for him, but such a great character/figure shouldn't be restricted to buying a UCS set initially.

23 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

This for sure. The fan base is too large for them to just drop it. It's been one of the longest standing themes for LEGO.

Anyways, I got all of the helmets and they are all absolutely awesome. I'm REALLY enjoying Vader's helmet even more than I initially thought I would. I'm also enjoying these smaller ships, (X-Wing and Tie Fighter). I'm still kind of bummed that there's a smaller Slave 1 coming, I mean how many times do we need this ship in what seems to be a small time frame, but at the same time, I get it. I'll be dead by the time they actually release another Jango Fett's Slave 1.

As for the UCS Gunship, I'm a little bummed it's based from Episode 2, but being one of 3 Prequel UCS sets, I have no doubts it is going to outshine the rest as well as hopefully draw more attention to UCS Prequel sets in the future. I'm glad it doesn't have Cody though. I understand why everyone wants him, I voted for him, but such a great character/figure shouldn't be restricted to buying a UCS set initially.

The problem with Jango’s is that it’s a subplot of a largely disliked film with a few cameos in TCW and hasn’t made a reappearance since. Boba’s is from one of the most popular films and is all over the place in newer media. It’s a visibility/popularity issue more then anything. I would like to see one tho, preferably just a reskin of the 20th Ann. so they go together properly.