MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I don’t like the fact that it looks like you can’t actually open the cockpit without also opening the main body of the ship because of the way the fin extends out. Sort of awkward tbh. 

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Crosshair is in the set. You can talk about him. It may seem silly at this point since it's already been spoiled, but if you want to talk about specific plot points from episode 1 please use spoiler tags until Monday. That'll give people a little more time to watch the 1st 2 episodes.

Ok, cool, thanks.

In that case, the crosshair figure seems a bit boring to me, but it might just be the in-universe design. I think he would have benefitted from a new mold, though, they really need to make a p2 helmet with pin holes for clone commanders and clones with antenne.

32 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

I don’t like the fact that it looks like you can’t actually open the cockpit without also opening the main body of the ship because of the way the fin extends out. Sort of awkward tbh. 

To be fair, this isn't like an x-wing or something, the cockpit wouldn't open like that in-universe.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ok, cool, thanks.

In that case, the crosshair figure seems a bit boring to me, but it might just be the in-universe design. I think he would have benefitted from a new mold, though, they really need to make a p2 helmet with pin holes for clone commanders and clones with antenne.

To be fair, this isn't like an x-wing or something, the cockpit wouldn't open like that in-universe.

True and neither would the main body so realism isn’t exactly something we should want with this aspect lol. Could you imagine if they created a set where the only entrance was a minifig-sized door on the side or the bottom or some nonsense?

So I ordered the new X-Wing for May 4th online and received it today. Just finished building it and WOW! it's amazing! I am now a huge fan of the smaller, more affordable ships. So much detail packed into a small space. An amazing wing mechanism. And only $50!

44 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

True and neither would the main body so realism isn’t exactly something we should want with this aspect lol. Could you imagine if they created a set where the only entrance was a minifig-sized door on the side or the bottom or some nonsense?

I think I misinterpreted your original comment, I thought you were saying that the cockpit should be able to hinge up without removing the top in-universe.

I pre-ordered the set, can't wait till august!

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

So I ordered the new X-Wing for May 4th online and received it today. Just finished building it and WOW! it's amazing! I am now a huge fan of the smaller, more affordable ships. So much detail packed into a small space. An amazing wing mechanism. And only $50!

Got mine a few days ago and my god the wing mechanism is absolutely gorgeous. I still don’t understand the specifics of how it does what it does but holy smokes. 

49 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think I misinterpreted your original comment, I thought you were saying that the cockpit should be able to hinge up without removing the top in-universe.

I pre-ordered the set, can't wait till august!

No worries lol. 

Are those real? :oh:
If they are, they're fantastic! :wub: 

Which set are they supposed to appear in?

Regards,
Mitch

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Greef Karga and the Mortar Stormtrooper leaked, both looking excellent :wub:

The stromtrooper still has that oversized dual-molded helmet, So just like 75262 etc., this set is a clear pass for me.

8 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Are those real? :oh:
If they are, they're fantastic! :wub: 

Which set are they supposed to appear in?

Regards,
Mitch

75311 Imperial Troop Transport (which is technically not the correct name, but we’ll let it slide) :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

The stromtrooper still has that oversized dual-molded helmet, So just like 75262 etc., this set is a clear pass for me.

Well, they’re not going back to the old one, so it’s either this or nothing :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Totally agree! I was also skeptical in the beginning, but I am now very satisfied with the new X-wing which is better proportioned with other ships of similar or bigger size). In fact, this made me buy the new TIE Fighter for May the 4th, as now I think the Solo one is far too big. I do plan to widen the connections between cockpit and wings to have a Rebels version.

Both figures look excellent. I do wish they'd stop using the black hips on the Stormtroopers though. It makes the figure look dated compared to the Clone Troopers and First Order.

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Greef Karga and the Mortar Stormtrooper leaked, both looking excellent :wub:

100% agree. Absolute fantastic look 😊.

Finally some exciting SW factory leaks again :wub: When was the last time we actually got proper factory leaks? 1HY 2021 was incredibly boring with only two new minifigs, 2HY 2020 was leaked in catalogue form before any factory leaks occured, and 1HY 2020 was already officially revealed by the time the leaks hit, so probably 2HY 2019 with the TROS sets

25 minutes ago, wesker said:

Both figures look excellent. I do wish they'd stop using the black hips on the Stormtroopers though. It makes the figure look dated compared to the Clone Troopers and First Order.

I swtiched the hips on all of my standard Stormtroopers to use the hips from the First Order Stormtrooper. It's obviously comes with a certain acceptance that you're diverging from on-screen accuracy a little, but it looks a lot better than the black hips. Didn't work so well on Imperial Shock Troopers so I just switched to plain white hips on those, which at least means the hips on those no longer jar quite so much to look at

Greef Karga's head looks like a custom. Nice to get a reddish brown head with a grey beard though (finally...)

Oh wow that Greef figure looks amazing! 

I'm still not a fan of the oversized Stormtrooper helmets but if they keep creating new Stormtrooper variants like this one it may make it an easier pill to swallow. 

8 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

It is a bit too flimsy for mine but I like the approach. Ideally there would be a sub-theme of incredibly detailed 18+ non-UCS sets between 75301 and 10240 scale.

Spoiler

The inclusion of the GONK droid in the Bad Batch Shuttle is awesome. I wish I could bicep curl one.

I don't care much about the mortar trooper but he looks really nice, Greef is just amazing. I'm really glad they gave him legprinting as the S1 figure felt rather plain, that head is just perfection!

Damn they are really knocking it out of the park with the figures in this wave holy smokes. Karga is so damn intricate and the mortar trooper is looking SHARP

Hopefully we’ll get an Incinerator Trooper too at some point :sweet: Of course they only appeared in a single episode, but so did the Mortar Trooper :shrug_oh_well:

Wow, new Greef Karga is awesome! Updated face print, and leg print, miles better than 2020 version. Mortar trooper is fine, but that new stormtrooper helmet ruins this figure for me, wish they would go back to old helmet like they did with rebel pilot helmet.

Same, the stromtrooper helmetmold is so bad, I have not bought any sets in comes in so far; and will not be buying any in the future. 

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

75311 Imperial Troop Transport (which is technically not the correct name, but we’ll let it slide) :laugh:

Right, of course! Thanks :thumbup: 
Was thinking about picking that one up when it releases, and I'm even more sure I will, now :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch