MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

After looking a bit they should’ve given echo a new mould for his helmet it’s pretty different in shape than a normal phase 2 helmet more so than the others it’s almost pilot like.Would’ve definitely helped  with his cybernetic look.Just a nitpick.

2 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Just wish that they had branded it "The Havoc Marauder".

Well...

This is LEGO.

*bounty hunter transport ship has entered the chat*

10 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

And then Lego will make a statement saying they “LoSt ThE MoLd FoR tHe KaMa” I’m probably going to buy/make them custom ones anyway but yeah it would have been nice for them to include that. 

With ups and downs - but overall it's insane how many new molds and pieces we have gotten over the last years. Was it around 2015 - hairpieces exploded, before we had maybe 20 and now more like 500 (very intuitive guess).

But what I don't understand is why they abandoned so many cloth pieces and/or waist cloth pieces. They were so practical and came even in cheap sets. They would also solve many problems with coats. Naja at least they are very easy to make yourself.

shuttle: If 2 figures fit into the shuttle while closed, it must be reeaaally cramped, because there is no head space at all due to the structure.

I just looked over the 360 view and it looks like the backpacks are printed on the torsos. Wrecker has two connectors on the back of the armor piece which will probably be used for Paz Vizsla's gun/jetpack

Edited by avengers777

Just now, hondohnaka said:

*bounty hunter transport ship has entered the chat*

*StarScavenger has entered the chat*

*First Order AT - ST has entered the chat*

1 hour ago, T21Typhoon said:

Wow, what a set! In a perfect world, Echo would have a kama, Hunter would have a backpack, and Crosshair would have a new P2 helmet mould with a rangefinder.

Regardless, Lego have knocked this out of the park, the minifigures are gorgeous and whilst the shuttle could have been much better, I appreciate the seating space and small touches like those posters. Very excited indeed to order the whole summer wave from S@H on day 1. 

I'm kind of disappointed they didn't include Omega, or give Echo a pirate hook for a hand or something... but I just checked in Bricksmith, and it looks like the neck of a 11402a wide-head / 3-rib screwdriver is the same diameter as a standard minifig hand, so I may have to buy a sacrificial one on Bricklink and take an exacto to it....

I love BB shuttle figs but I wish they ditched speeders entirely and put more effort in the shuttle, which is nice (hey, it fits 4 minifigs!) however I would love to see some improvements on wing gaps and landing gear. It's a playset so I can't complain too much. I will probably get it but definitely not on day 1

yeah, Ninjago City Gardens is gonna eat up most of my summer LEGO budget whenever it finally comes back in stock...but maybe I'll be able to swing this for Christmas or something.

I love the set and I already have it preordered. I'm really happy with how the figures turned out! The shuttle still looks great to me and I'm happy we can fit 4 figures in but I wish they could've squeezed room for one more in for when we inevitably get Omega in a set. At least there's some storage space for weapons. I'm glad Echo gets arm printing for his robotic arm. He could use a cloth kama but I get why he doesn't as they interfere with the ability to sit the figure on studs. I also like that they gave him a pale head but I think a white head would have been even better given how sickly he looks. Wrecker is easily my favorite and I definitely see his armor piece reused for Paz Visla. I just wish he was a little taller than the rest but if it bothers me that much I could just put a couple 1x1 plates on his feet. The face prints of the figures are excellent and I'm so glad they included hair pieces for Hunter and Tech. I do wish we got a glimpse of Crosshair's face but I'm sure it's just as good as the rest. He could probably have used a hairpiece too but his hair is super thin. I love Tech's helmet though I'll be a little disappointed if the visor can't flip down. I'm starting to think it can't since none of the pictures indicate that it can. Also, it doesn't appear he'll fit in the shuttle without removing it, at least in the cockpit. The backpack of course has to be removed but that should fit in the weapon locker. 

Edited by ToaDraco

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

But what I don't understand is why they abandoned so many cloth pieces and/or waist cloth pieces. They were so practical and came even in cheap sets. They would also solve many problems with coats. Naja at least they are very easy to make yourself.

It could be a quality/ease of playability issue.  I was going through some sets recently that I hadn't gotten out in a while and found one from 2016 or 2017-ish that had a Snowtrooper with a cloth kama.  It looked absolutely fantastic, but I can see where it might get annoying/tedious for kids.  You can't make the minifigure sit down on studs or use a vehicle without taking it off, and sometimes with their cloth pieces, I think taking them on and off again repeatedly could tear them or make them lose shape.  

I really like what they’ve done with this set. All the figures look great but Tech would probability have to be my favourite simply based of that helmet. I’m glad that the top of the shuttle can lift back even though the seating area is very cramped. I also really like those Aurebesh posters they’ve added to the inside. I also wished we’d gotten a slightly larger at the expense of the two speeders. Overall though, it is a great set. I think someone mentioned this earlier but it’s nice they included all the Bad Batch in the set rather than dividing them up like they did with the KoR. Hopefully we’ll get Omega (and maybe even Tarkin) in a cheapest set soon.

I finally convinced some of my friends to watch TBB and they cried when

Spoiler

Captain Grey and the other clones killed Depa Billaba

Seems I might be on to something.

On the other hand, I'm picking up the Marauder day one.

15 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I really like what they’ve done with this set. All the figures look great but Tech would probability have to be my favourite simply based of that helmet. I’m glad that the top of the shuttle can lift back even though the seating area is very cramped. I also really like those Aurebesh posters they’ve added to the inside. I also wished we’d gotten a slightly larger at the expense of the two speeders. Overall though, it is a great set. I think someone mentioned this earlier but it’s nice they included all the Bad Batch in the set rather than dividing them up like they did with the KoR. Hopefully we’ll get Omega (and maybe even Tarkin) in a cheapest set soon.

To the KOR point technically the OG a bad batch suits will be split up but I bet we get a proper Crosshair in

like a “confrontation on the bridge” scene with him, Hunter and Caleb Dume for like 30 bucks. That or a little Kaminoan base type thing with Nala Su and Omega as well. Probably a pipe dream but hey.  

Edited by hondohnaka

Crosshair looks like a good proto-Death Trooper or Death Trooper leader. The figures in general are well done.

I am just worried the canopy looks like it uses stickers, and I hate applying stickers to big rounded pieces...

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

To the KOR point technically the OG a bad batch suits will be split up but I bet we get a proper Crosshair in

Reveal hidden contents

like a “confrontation on the bridge” scene with him, Hunter and Caleb Dume for like 30 bucks. That or a little Kaminoan base type thing with Nala Su and Omega as well. Probably a pipe dream but hey.  

That’s the main issue with Imperial Crosshair: the options for the OG version to appear in a set are pretty limited, given he gets the new Imperial armour in the very first episode of the show. So it either has to be something like you’re suggesting here, or a set based on TCW S7. Not impossible, but not very likely either :shrug_oh_well:

It’s sort of the reverse situation as with Mando :snicker:

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s the main issue with Imperial Crosshair: the options for the OG version to appear in a set are pretty limited, given he gets the new Imperial armour in the very first episode of the show. So it either has to be something like you’re suggesting here, or a set based on TCW S7. Not impossible, but not very likely either :shrug_oh_well:

It’s sort of the reverse situation as with Mando :snicker:

Something tells me if we had gotten reg Crosshair people would have been just as mad. I’m still not entirely sold on the set itself, but minifig wise it’s pretty top notch, even compared to things like the Razor Crest.

So Bad Batch shuttle is kinda nice set. Minifigures look fine, although I don't understand why Lego refuses to make new mold for Phase 2 clone helmets tofit rangefinder pieces. I mean Hunter could have used this piece here, and they could have reused it for new version of Rex and Cody! I guess we'll only get this new mold if we get SW Cmf next year. Also , I still think shuttle itself should have been dark grey and black , better color combination than what we ended up getting. But hey maybe in EP 2 they repaint shuttle, who knows?

13 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So Bad Batch shuttle is kinda nice set. Minifigures look fine, although I don't understand why Lego refuses to make new mold for Phase 2 clone helmets tofit rangefinder pieces. I mean Hunter could have used this piece here, and they could have reused it for new version of Rex and Cody! I guess we'll only get this new mold if we get SW Cmf next year. Also , I still think shuttle itself should have been dark grey and black , better color combination than what we ended up getting. But hey maybe in EP 2 they repaint shuttle, who knows?

I’ve seen a lot of shots that look like it’s pretty dang blue so I’m not unhappy with that. I hate the fin tho. they should have put some inverted tiles on the back and bam would have looked a million times better. As for the helmet it’s probably because they don’t want to make a new mold for such a “small” change.

14 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Not true,Rune Haako was in 3 movies,multiple books and comics(i know 8 at least),multiple games. Gregar Typho 2 movies,multiple show episodes,multiple books/comics.  Kaminoans were in 2 movies,2 shows(multiple episodes 12+),multiple other media. Wat Tambor movie,multiple show episodes,16 comics,multiple video games. 

Ok but to be fair, Rune Haako is A: not really in combat, meaning that lego's less likely to include him since he can't be in action stuff B: has tiny roles in those films and C: lego hasn't made a single canon set based off books or comics. I'll admit the kaminoans and Tambor should have shown up by now, though.

5 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Just wish that they had branded it "The Havoc Marauder".

Well...

This is LEGO.

Does the name of the set matter, like, at all? If anything, naming it "bad batch shuttle" will help parents recognize it if they don't watch the show, meaning it could sell more copies. Smart marketing choice, and since we all know it's the havoc marauder already, no downside.

2 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I finally convinced some of my friends to watch TBB and they cried when

Hide contents

Captain Grey and the other clones killed Depa Billaba

Seems I might be on to something.

On the other hand, I'm picking up the Marauder day one.

I got one of my friends who's never seen clone wars to watch it, and even HE liked it!

Definitely pre-ordering the Marauder, I'm so happy it fits four (and can easily be modded to fit five), and the shuttle and figures are gorgeous.

Also, are we allowed to reference the 5th figure at all? This isn't even like a leak, they official revealed a set containing that figure and their name, which means it feels to me like it should be ok to mention.

24 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

I’ve seen a lot of shots that look like it’s pretty dang blue so I’m not unhappy with that. I hate the fin tho. they should have put some inverted tiles on the back and bam would have looked a million times better. As for the helmet it’s probably because they don’t want to make a new mold for such a “small” change.

It's all about light in certain scenes. Hope we get some shots of shuttle in better light next episode so color question will finally be answered. Helmet wise I think it Lego being cheap, that's all. I think Phase 2 helmet was redesigned in 2012-13 I think, and yet they didn't include same holes as Phase 1.

I mean making stupid decision all the time should be Legos motto at this point:grin:.

Edited by benderisgreat

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Definitely pre-ordering the Marauder, I'm so happy it fits four (and can easily be modded to fit five), and the shuttle and figures are gorgeous.

Also, are we allowed to reference the 5th figure at all? This isn't even like a leak, they official revealed a set containing that figure and their name, which means it feels to me like it should be ok to mention.

Crosshair is in the set. You can talk about him. It may seem silly at this point since it's already been spoiled, but if you want to talk about specific plot points from episode 1 please use spoiler tags until Monday. That'll give people a little more time to watch the 1st 2 episodes.

I think the piece 62691 could be used for Echo's arm, though it could be a bit bulky.

2 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

I think the piece 62691 could be used for Echo's arm, though it could be a bit bulky. 

That's a cool idea. Better than my idea of mutilating a 11402a for the screwdriver head.