MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The shuttle has been revealed, and yeah, they call Crosshair by name on the box. This lends credence to the theory that the reveal has been pushed back for that very reason :laugh:

These are some of the best figures in a Star Wars set ever. LEGO really brought their a game for this one.

Also, description confirms it only fits 4 figures

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname

yay! The interior is cramped, but at least it fits all 4 figures!

Are Tech’s guns new or am I just blind? And also someone hire Lego a new megablocking photographer because the set actually looks great if photographed at the right angles. Don’t like the way the fin is put together tho, seems to just be two plates holding the top and bottom of it together which is sketchy. Also did anyone else hear the rumor they’d all have printed arms or was that just a wishful theory? Either way the figs are gorgeous. 

4 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

These are some of the best figures in a Star Wars set ever. LEGO really brought their a game for this one.

I think they finally realized customs are a thing and are much better at making figs then they are lmao so they stepped up a bit. 

2 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Are Tech’s guns new or am I just blind? And also someone hire Lego a new megablocking photographer because the set actually looks great if photographed at the right angles. Don’t like the way the fin is put together tho, seems to just be two plates holding the top and bottom of it together which is sketchy. Also did anyone else hear the rumor they’d all have printed arms or was that just a wishful theory? Either way the figs are gorgeous. 

Tech's guns aren't new - they were originally from the Batman theme in 2006. Sabine used them too. I never heard anything about them all having printed arms just Echo. 

Those clone trooper wall poster stickers on the inside are gonna be very useful for MOC makers.

This is a day 1 buy for me, holy moly are those figures wonderful. Them giving Wrecker gear to make him look heftier is especially great. Plus it gives him printed shoulder pads!!

The figures look absolutely spectacular. I was not expecting arm printing! My only gripe is that Tech’s helmet looks oversized IMO.

The set itself also looks much better and I love the box art.

It looks like Crosshair may have a face underneath?? I'm looking at the pic of the 5 of them standing together in unison and it appears that he doesn't have a black head like most people were expecting, shame we don't get to see it though.

Also does anyone know how Wreckers shoulders work?

Edited by TeeNuggetTa
Added Last line

The figures are pretty incredible. Shuttle looks much better from the angles shown - I love the old-school promo shots TLG released with real scenery, they should definitely do that more often. And it can fit four figs! OK, that's not all of them, but at least the gonk can ride the speeder.

Great set all round. Wasn't sure about it after the leaks but I'm sold on it now.

1 minute ago, avengers777 said:

Tech's guns aren't new - they were originally from the Batman theme in 2006. Sabine used them too. I never heard anything about them all having printed arms just Echo. 

Technically, these are the ones introduced in 2008 with Indiana Jones. They are a bit longer and are a harder plastic. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=62885&name=Minifigure, Weapon Gun, Pistol Automatic Medium Barrel (Indiana Jones)&category=[Minifigure, Weapon]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

All of these minifigures look absolutely gorgeous :wub:

Can anyone confirm if Tech's visor is movable? It's up on all of the pictures. I guess it would have had to be 2 pieces like the regular helmets for it to be posable.

4 minutes ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

It looks like Crosshair may have a face underneath?? I'm looking at the pic of the 5 of them standing together in unison and it appears that he doesn't have a black head like most people were expecting, shame we don't get to see it though.

Yes, he has a medium flesh head like the others (except for Echo). They openly name him Crosshair on the box, so spoilers precautions go right out the window, thus no need to give him a black head :head_back:

12 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Ok guess I just haven’t seen them before. They look cool tho! Yeah all of them with printed arms was always a long shot lol probably just some salty clown (gasp) lying…on the internet? 

5 minutes ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

Also does anyone know how Wreckers shoulders work?

Guessing it’s like any other armor piece, just goes between the head and the body 

The gonk droid is such a wierd inclusion... I love Gonk droids, but it has nowhere to fit as far as I can tell.

Btw the bad batch members on the box art looks sick

Edited by BigA_7

1 minute ago, hondohnaka said:

Guessing it’s like any other armor piece, just goes between the head and the body 

But there doesn't appear to be any neck bracket? It looks as if the shoulders are moulded into the body. Perhaps there is a new type of bracket that I haven't seen, but it looks different to me.

30 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

You cannot understate how good these figures are! (Edit: saw a comment about Echo’s printed waist Kama. Agreed, give us an accessory!)

Very glad to see there is space in the back, was worried that would be a 2-person cockpit. I want to see if there is any way to expand the ship body and cockpit by a stud on each side through moc’ing. Give them a little more room without making it look too weird. Might make the wings look too small though.

Edited by BaalTheBuilder

6 minutes ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

But there doesn't appear to be any neck bracket? It looks as if the shoulders are moulded into the body. Perhaps there is a new type of bracket that I haven't seen, but it looks different to me.

I could be wrong but I think the armor is a fullbody piece. That or they’re clipped onto the arms somehow? But that would be a really weird connection. 
edit: it covers the upper half of his body which is dope as hell. 

Edited by hondohnaka

I'm so glad it can fit all the members of the Bad Batch! I wish they'd found a way to leave room for Omega too, but this is still great. And the figures look amazing :grin_wub:

Wrecker's armor works like all the regular armor pieces. It's just that the chest plate is very thin so it's hard to see from the provided pictures.

7 minutes ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

You cannot understate how good these figures are!

Do you mean, overstate?

One thing i will say is I wish Hunter’s backpack was included. His fig looks sorta dumb without it. 

5 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

Wrecker's armor works like all the regular armor pieces. It's just that the chest plate is very thin so it's hard to see from the provided pictures.

michael_bricks_f0rever has the best look at the Wrecker armor I’ve seen on Insta for others searching. It looks like a traditional armor piece with a thin chest plate as described here but still hard to see the connector. Really does a good job representing his size in a way that probably wouldn’t work as well for another muscular character like Marvel’s Drax. Maybe someone else has the same picture too. 

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Do you mean, overstate?

!!!! Gonna leave that unedited and take the lump

Edited by BaalTheBuilder

Wow these figures all look amazing! Really the only minor gripe I have is that they opted to go with Crosshairs Imperial armor, I would've personally preferred the standard BB design. 

The Havoc Marauder itself looks great, though the cockpit is a bit too curvy for my taste. Green speeder is a nice inclusion and looks good but I absolutely hate the BARC.

14 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

The gonk droid is such a wierd inclusion... I love Gonk droids, but it has nowhere to fit as far as I can tell.

In one of the Bad Batch episodes of TCW Wrecker was weightlifting a GONK :wink:

3 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Green speeder is a nice inclusion and looks good but I absolutely hate the BARC.

Petition to start calling it the BARF speeder :wink:

Edited by BaalTheBuilder