MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Wow, what an opening episode! I was already hyped for the set but now I can't wait to get it!

Spoiler

Probably not a spoiler but I really wish we get some shock troopers in the winter wave, they were so prominent and will probably be for a while! Now's the perfect time for that update.

I really like the sound of that AC. It'll be nice to get some new builds for a change. 

37 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It's a BARC speeder, so of course it's the same build :shrug_oh_well: Unless it's a different speeder in the show, but I haven't seen the episode yet

Yeah I know that, but they could either make some small changes just to make it more unique, include a different speeder, or not include one at all.

I just don't like having a literal recolour of a whole build, it seems kinda lazy.

The more I look at these pictures, man, the shuttle is growing on me. I may have to pick it up. The figures are nice and I kind of like the sand blue better than grey.

Also the idea of Mando and Grogu in matching Christmas sweaters? I may be buying my first advent calendar this year.

I hope we get more leaks soon, I’m psyched with the idea of the upcoming sets.

I think it’s somewhat amusing that we’re getting Cobb Vanth’s speeder in the Advent Calendar but not as a set. Fingers crossed for that and

a set with Omega and some Elite Clone Troopers

in the winter wave, though I’m keeping my expectations low. I have a feeling that next year’s sets will follow the pattern of this year and last year where we get the more interesting stuff in the summer wave. (I’m personally expecting more OT and maybe some PT/ST remakes in this new scale come January.)

7 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I think it’s somewhat amusing that we’re getting Cobb Vanth’s speeder in the Advent Calendar but not as a set. Fingers crossed for that and

Hide contents

a set with Omega and some Elite Clone Troopers

in the winter wave, though I’m keeping my expectations low. I have a feeling that next year’s sets will follow the pattern of this year and last year where we get the more interesting stuff in the summer wave. (I’m personally expecting more OT and maybe some PT/ST remakes in this new scale come January.)

We’ll probably get one or the other and then remakes. Tbh I think Vanth’s speeder would be lowkey old news by then given that BOBF and Mando 3 will be running during the winter release season so we’d hopefully get a set from those if Lego isn’t still lagging. The other set is a distinct possibility, would somewhat work as a battle pack. 

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Tbh I think Vanth’s speeder would be lowkey old news by then given that BOBF and Mando 3 will be running during the winter release season so we’d hopefully get a set from those if Lego isn’t still lagging. 

Mando season 3 has no release date yet though, but autumn 2022 seems reasonable :classic: I don't think Vanth's speeder would be outdated by next January, considering we're getting a season 1 set this summer :tongue:

After watching the first episode of The Bad Batch I'm really looking forward to getting the Bad Batch Shuttle set.

I think the design & colour are very good, although I think the interior will be quite small. The minifigs are excellent! The green speeder looks nice too.

I need some Clone Shock Troopers ASAP!!

Whilst I'm still hesitant to believe that 'proper' battlepacks are really gone, do we think that if they are we could perhaps get accessory packs instead?

like these 

40419-1.jpg?20200521062240418-1.jpg?202006010819853651-1.jpg?201701240846853544-1.jpg?201606181248

I mean they fill the same niche as battle packs but have smaller builds and a lower price (well sometimes), and are usually only available from lego themselves (iirc).

If they did go this route they could also do more named characters in battle packs, like have something like the marvel aim one (second picture from the left) with 2 stormies, Dodonna and and an exclusive Hera, but that was just an example as I'm not trying to write a wish list, just wondering about the possibilities.

Edited by Agent Kallus

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I just don't like having a literal recolour of a whole build, it seems kinda lazy

They did that in 2011 with 7913 and 7869. It seems the BARC is a vehicle TLG don't put much effort into.

I actually like that the BARC build is mostly the same as the one from the 501st set. I appreciate the consistency between the two; my problem is more so with the fact that I think the two speeders could/should have been their own set. Also...

It really bugs me that we don’t and probably won’t have a normal Crosshair figure in his Bad Batch armor. If they had just made those two speeders their own set, Lego could have included all five of the Batchers in their regular armor in the Shuttle and then put Imp Crosshair in this hypothetical speeder set. Also include casual Hunter, Omega and maybe throw in a market stand build from one of the Pantora scenes from the trailer and that could have been a pretty cool set on its own.

Of course, I’m also someone who isn’t bothered by the oversized build from the 501st to begin with, so feel free to ignore me. :tongue:

Edited by The Stud

21 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yes it looks like the top could either lift off or flip open like the latest Lambda, but only the centre portion of the top, not the sides sloping down to the wings. Even still, there should theoretically be room to seat a few figures in a line in that centre part of the hull running from the cockpit to the back.

I agree with this conclusion. Even if they actually did just completely leave off an interior (I hope not, but they've done it before), it'd be an easy mod to access that area.

21 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Ah man, you've totally ruined and spoiled the show for me! ... Just kidding, but let this be a warning to all you who are thinking about spoilers!

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Even more spoilery: The Bad Batch are in the show and it takes place sometime between 100bby-100aby

And Mephisto isn't in it, SMH Marvel, first wandavision and now this.

10 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

Wow, what an opening episode! I was already hyped for the set but now I can't wait to get it!

Reveal hidden contents

Probably not a spoiler but I really wish we get some shock troopers in the winter wave, they were so prominent and will probably be for a while! Now's the perfect time for that update.

I think you're fine, they're in all the trailers and not a spoiler like REDACTED . I totally agree that we need them in more sets and this is a good way to get them.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I can't wait to see what becomes of [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED] [REDACTED], [REDACTED] [REDACTED]'s [REDACTED] [REDACTED], and finally the [REDACTED] [REDACTED].

Just kidding though, I really am excited to see MOCs and maybe even an actual set of 

Spoiler

Saw Gerrera's Rebel Cell

57 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Saw Gerrera's Rebel Cell

Spoiler

How many things does Saw have to appear in before he gets a minifigure!? He's been in four books, three shows, a movie, a comic, and a video game. There's definitely nobody else who can match that who hasn't gotten a figure yet. Maybe Saw will show up in The Mandalorian as a brain in a jar and we'll get a figure of that.

14 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:
  Hide contents

How many things does Saw have to appear in before he gets a minifigure!? He's been in four books, three shows, a movie, a comic, and a video game. There's definitely nobody else who can match that who hasn't gotten a figure yet. Maybe Saw will show up in The Mandalorian as a brain in a jar and we'll get a figure of that.

I agree, it's ridiculous at this point. I'm sure we'll see them again and hopefully we'll eventually get a set. Maybe that can include Omega as well.

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

He's definitely long overdue for a minifigure. Although if it does eventually happen I rather it be based off his older live action appearance from Rogue One than the younger animated version from TCW and Bad Batch.

Lego can’t avoid making a Saw figure forever. Unlike other missing characters like Commander Cody or Boss Nass, Saw’s had the benefit of being very relevant these last couple years. On top of his debut arc in TCW, he’s shown up in just about every major on-screen story in between ROTS and ANH with the one exception being Solo, and even then, he showed up in the novelization for that movie haha. Plus...

He’s bound to show up more in The Bad Batch, there’s a chance that he could pop up in another show like Andor and I think it’s very likely that he’ll return in the Jedi: Fallen Order sequel. Lego has so many opportunities to include him right now.

Edited by The Stud

4 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

He's been in four books, three shows, a movie, a comic, and a video game. There's definitely nobody else who can match that who hasn't gotten a figure yet

Not true,Rune Haako was in 3 movies,multiple books and comics(i know 8 at least),multiple games. Gregar Typho 2 movies,multiple show episodes,multiple books/comics.  Kaminoans were in 2 movies,2 shows(multiple episodes 12+),multiple other media. Wat Tambor movie,multiple show episodes,16 comics,multiple video games. 

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Not true,Rune Haako was in 3 movies,multiple books and comics(i know 8 at least),multiple games. Gregar Typho 2 movies,multiple show episodes,multiple books/comics.  Kaminoans were in 2 movies,2 shows(multiple episodes 12+),multiple other media. Wat Tambor movie,multiple show episodes,16 comics,multiple video games. 

I should clarify that with 'in current canon'. Tons of people appeared in tons of stuff in the old EU, but that doesn't count for much these days.

Saw is definitely near the top of my why-on-Earth-has-TLG-decided-to-skip-these-characters-or-versions-from-the-Didney-era list, but he‘s in good company with 7th Sister, Rukh, Galen Erso, Dryden Vos, TROS Senate, Babu Frik, TLJ Leia, 90% of the Resistance cast, Kuiil, and now OG Crosshair :tongue:

Some on this list are more likely to ever appear in a set than others, but I‘m still hopeful at least some of these may finally see the light of day :grin:

Btw, it’s not really that surprising or anything, but leakers have confirmed that the upcoming Greef Karga minifig is new :thumbup: Glad to have it confirmed since I really like his season 2 attire

Edit: According to lego_fulcrum, factory leaks could start pretty soon :moar:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Why do people act like new Greef Karga is news worthy :laugh_hard:

It's like the most obvious thing you could have predicted about this wave.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

TROS Senate

We've gotten ROTS Palpatine before, haven't we?

Just now, MAVERICK26 said:

We've gotten ROTS Palpatine before, haven't we?

ROTS yes, but not TROS :wink: His costume is different enough to be worthy of a new minifig

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why do people act like new Greef Karga is news worthy :laugh_hard:

It's like the most obvious thing you could have predicted about this wave.

It‘s just nice to have it confirmed :laugh: After the stingy 1HY sets, a repeat of the season 1 minifig couldn‘t be ruled out completely :tongue:

37 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s just nice to have it confirmed :laugh: After the stingy 1HY sets, a repeat of the season 1 minifig couldn‘t be ruled out completely :tongue:

I think it could. The set is obviously based on S2, in which he has a completely different appearance than in S1.