MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I know there's a character called Pre Viszla, please don't tell there also one called Post Viszla?

36 minutes ago, 1974 said:

I know there's a character called Pre Viszla, please don't tell there also one called Post Viszla?

I think that he meant Paz Vizsla, a Heavy Infantry Mandalorian. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

19 minutes ago, 1974 said:

There is not,i think it was a joke attempt. The other guy is named Paz and he is voiced by Jon Favreau like Pre Vizsla.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Assuming we are indeed getting Paz Viszla, I think it's less likely that Mando is included, otherwise he'd be on shelves in five different sets at once

I dont think that is legit argument considering we had approx 10+ Lukes last year on the shelfs at once. Obis hutt,landspeeder,Mos Eisley,Advent Calendar,Death Star final duel,Death Star escape,pilot versions in AT-AT,4+ xwing, 4 + snowspeeder,20th anniversary snowspeeder and he was even in podrace as celebration figure. He was also in US exclusive Bespin duel, 2 foil packs and sequel version of him was in 2019 calendar.

We are definitely getting mando,hopefully with beskar jetpack this time,imo set is based on the scene where Mando argues with Paz in front of Forgerer.
I am super excited for Paz,he was my favorite from the show.

I am kinda dissapointed that Mando fighter is blue i really wanted Mauls red version,but i will be aiming to get at least 3 for my army.

1 minute ago, PreVizsla said:

There is not,i think it was a joke attempt. The other guy is named Paz and he is voiced by Jon Favreau like Pre Vizsla

The SW universe have a tendency to make up VERY silly names for characters, so this is not out of the question

How do we think they’re gonna do the dark troopers, I expect like k2 or the b2s but honestly I think they’d work better as minifigs, they could then reuse the the helmet for earlier phase dark troopers ( in mando s2 they said they used to be suits, so I would be surprised if we see that on screen eventually) and put the helmet on a droid body for DT series droids.

24 minutes ago, 1974 said:

The SW universe have a tendency to make up VERY silly names for characters, so this is not out of the question

Snaggletooth,Scissorpunch and Sleazbaggano beg to differ.

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Snaggletooth,Scissorpunch and Sleazbaggano beg to differ.

They've officially changed his name back to Sel'Sabagno. We had a bad couple of years there where Sleazbaggano was canonically his actual name, but that one at least is finally fixed again. Savage Oppress, sadly, will be with us forever.

21 hours ago, Alex_South said:

The hair piece would be great, and a set of those bendable short legs that harry potter has been hogging all this time.

EDIT: Dang I just looked and the kid is probably too short for those medium legs, would still need the tiny stumps that can't sit. Besides, the kid would need another speeder bike if there's no room in the shuttle :pir_tong2:.

Omega could probably use the mid legs IMO, she seems like a young teen, and the harry potter kids have midi legs as early as 12-13.

17 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exciting news :moar: Good to see they finally decided to go all-in with Mando, releasing three sets in the same wave :wub: 3 Mandos being included is a bit of a pipe-dream though; replacing Paz with a Stormie for the Armourer to massacre sounds like a more realistic scenario to me :tongue:

Indeed, sign me up! Not including them would be downright silly. What is a forge without any forgeable material 

Hoping for 1x2 printed tiles, and with Paz confirmed, this is going to be an amazing set.

16 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Look, I get it... At some point, the bad batch lego set would spoil it at some point, singlehandedly by the imperial uniformed crosshair, that once high res images come out would give *something* away. Who's not to say he's simply gone under cover?

One set and you have all the characters you need to carry out any action scene with them all in it? That's a win for the fans. The level of detail of the helmets looks to be impressive. The shuttle, I think once you look past the cockpit piece, is actually a pretty decent set. It's certainly one I'll probably end up getting, which considering all that interested me previously was the 501st and aat sets, is a nice change. 

I just want to add that my thing was completely based on just the set (Which personally I think is pretty clear proof by itself, just by-spoiler tag since it talks about the speculation-

Spoiler

it's crosshair's helmet and he's riding an imperial BARC, and at the very least in a different uniform. Being imperial seems a lot more likely than a theory like he stole an imperial speeder and is also the only member of the OG four to change their outfit, though the undercover one is compelling.

. another piece of merch, and the trailers, so your alternate theory could totally be true. I do apologize if you feel like having that spelled out is a spoiler, I thought it was clear from the boxart so I didn't think it'd be considered a spoiler.

16 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Couldn’t agree more. The only small things that would’ve improved the set in this regard would be to

1) include OG Crosshair, and

2) release the speeders as their own set, preferably with one of the new Elite Squad Troopers, which are still absent.

I’m still hopeful for a set with one of those troopers plus OG Crosshair and Omega further down the line, but this may take a while :classic: Jan 2022 anyone? 

Yup. I do wish they had done this, made the shuttle it's own set with the OG 5 and Omega, and then doing a speeder chase with the speeders, plainclothes hunter, an elite trooper and the unknown other character that happens to be in the shuttle.

8 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Huh Ryan just confirmed the third fig in the Armory set is Paz. Dope! Hopefully they use Wrecker’s armor for him bc that would be perfect. Alternatively I’ve seen a lot of customs using the heavy armor piece from Chima. That has studs on the back where you can clip on a gun/jetpack and could also work really well. 

:/Insert thor "YES" gif here./: That chima armor piece is underrated, but I doubt they still have the mold. most likely it's wrecker's, makes more sense that they made it for wrecker now that we know there are other armored heavies on the way in the form of Paz. (and if the dark troopers are minifigs, they could use it too)

Hot Toys just revealed their Echo figure...

And it looks like his mechanical arm can transform so, it looks like the minifigure hand is accurate :grin: 

Edited by avengers777

44 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Hot Toys just revealed one of their Echo figure...

Reveal hidden contents

And it looks like his mechanical arm can transform so, it looks like the minifigure hand is accurate :grin: 

Yeah

it was never gonna just be the screwdriver that was an appliance the Seperatists put on him for a specific purpose he wants that shit off him ASAP. Would have been nice to get a little screwdriver part that you could swap out but when has Lego ever done that.

Edited by hondohnaka

I thought cyborgs arm from dc would have fit echo because it ended with a stud, making it easy to fit a screwdriver or other attachment inside it

Also 1414falconfan has relayed some rumours on his Mandalorian forge post on Instagram. The rumour is that the advent calendar is Mandalorian-based, featuring:

*the Mandalorian, Grogu, IG11, a Tusken Raider, storm trooper and scout trooper.*

*spoiler just because it’s the advent calendar and I know some people like it to be a surprise 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

The rumour is that the advent calendar is Mandalorian-based, featuring:

The AC being based on Mando: :moar:

The rumoured selection: :facepalm:

Come on, shouldn‘t it include at least one new minifig? That‘s a pretty boring selection, if that‘s what we‘ll end up with

13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The AC being based on Mando: :moar:

The rumoured selection: :facepalm:

Come on, shouldn‘t it include at least one new minifig? That‘s a pretty boring selection, if that‘s what we‘ll end up with

Purely my own speculation but I think Mando will come with a Christmas jumper 

I know what you mean though, we could have gotten a new side character who doesn’t really fit into a set like the frog mum or the Tatooine last. The inclusion of blue leader a couple of years back was a great precedent that hasn’t really been followed up 

20 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I hear that, and yet, as someone who hasn't yet bought any of the Mando sets, I love that minifig selection!

I've been wanting the new Scout Trooper especially.

17 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I know what you mean though, we could have gotten a new side character who doesn’t really fit into a set like the frog mum or the Tatooine last. The inclusion of blue leader a couple of years back was a great precedent that hasn’t really been followed up 

I bet Grogu will have a Christmas onesie too

Great to hear Paz Viszla is included in the Mandalorian Forge :excited:
Not sure how I feel about the Advent Calendar being based on The Mandalorian, kinda feels like they're pressing it too much?
Though I guess it does make sense, in a way.

Regards,
Mitch

Oh wow, that minfigure selection! Armorer was guaranteed, but there's also Paz Vizsla? And not only that, as a cherry on top of it, Mando has a jetpack?! Amazing. It's a must-buy now.

I really like tha fact that the AC is based on The Mandalorian, it gives it a feeling of freshness. Minifgure selection is kinda weak. I mean not a single new character, or even variants (not counting Christmas ones).

Except for Mando, Grogu and IG-11 (2 of them not even being minfigures), the rest are just army builders...

32 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I hear that, and yet, as someone who hasn't yet bought any of the Mando sets, I love that minifig selection!

I’m in the same boat, I was going to get the Trouble on Tatooine set as the cheapest way to get Mando and Grogu but if advent calendar is the same price that might be a better deal 

11 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Great to hear Paz Viszla is included in the Mandalorian Forge :excited:
Not sure how I feel about the Advent Calendar being based on The Mandalorian, kinda feels like they're pressing it too much?
Though I guess it does make sense, in a way.

Regards,
Mitch

for me it feels like this is going to be the first year with enough Mando sets, compared to the amount of clone wars sets we got from 2008-2011 the Mando sets are still quite scarce 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

I don’t buy the advent calendar, it’s just never been my thing, but it sounds quite all right if you like that sort of thing. 

37 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Granted, that‘d be pretty nifty :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I bet Grogu will have a Christmas onesie too

Better yet *oh2*

36 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yeah, it‘s a good inclusion from that perspective.

It‘s mainly the other two minifigs I‘m not all that happy about. I get that “wasting“ desirable minifigs on an AC wouldn‘t make much sense, even if they don‘t require new moulds, like Mayfeld or Cobb Vanth. But would it have killed them to include a Flametrooper or a new one-off side character? :laugh_hard:

Re: shuttle coloration: 

watching the episode rn and yup it’s accurate! Like, VERY ACCURATE. Patterns and everything. Even the cockpit is pretty on point, surprisingly. I’m pleasantly surprised that this wasn’t just a KOR Transport disaster. Nicely done, Lego. 

Edited by hondohnaka

On 5/3/2021 at 11:35 AM, avengers777 said:

It's officially confirmed that the Bad Batch Shuttle will be revealed at 12am PT on May the 4th 

LIAR!!!

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Same, I don't have any of the new stormtroopers yet so I am looking forward to the advent calendar too

1 hour ago, BigA_7 said:

LIAR!!!

Chill....It still might be revealed at 7am PT too. I got the information from Instagram which was originally from an ad on ShopDisney

Edited by avengers777