MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Higher-res pics of the ads are out from last night - It's still a bit blurry, but Echo definitely has arm printing :wub:

Yooooo that's awesome. Bloody hell Lego you're gonna make me pre-order this aren't you-

51 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Use {spoiler} *spoilery text* {/spoiler}, just with square brackets instead of the curly ones in my example :wink:

[Ahh, thank you for that]. 

Edit: how many other lies have I been told by the council! I must be doing it wrong.

Edited by Brickroll

It looks like Echo has the cybernetics printed on the front (and I'm almost sure - the back) of his head. There's also some kind of web-like design printed on the sides and the top of the cockpit. I wonder what that's about...

Edited by avengers777

14 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

It looks like Echo has the cybernetics printed on the front (and I'm almost sure - the back) of his head. There's also some kind of web-like design printed on the sides and the top of the cockpit. I wonder what that's about...

The 3d Model's texture appears to have a small web-like pattern on the panels, my guess is that this print is LEGO's interpretation of that style, and this makes me hopeful the red windows are printed too. I would be so stoked if there are no stickers on the shuttle.

Also I love all the detailed head prints. Can you see what his robot arm looks like, did they give him a gray hand?

Edited by Alex_South

I encourage everyone to use spoiler tags, but y'all also have to understand that if you come into a thread devoted to discussing upcoming Star Wars products you are going to come out of it with info about upcoming Star Wars products. That's the whole point. It's one thing to not want to see in-depth plot leaks that somebody's pulled from a Reddit thread or whatever, but the fact that

Crosshair is wearing a black uniform and the others are shooting at him

is plainly visible just from looking at the box. If you consider yourself 'spoiled' just from knowing the contents of an upcoming set, no amount of spoiler tags will make threads about upcoming sets good places for you to hang out.

1 hour ago, Alex_South said:

The 3d Model's texture appears to have a small web-like pattern on the panels, my guess is that this print is LEGO's interpretation of that style, and this makes me hopeful the red windows are printed too. I would be so stoked if there are no stickers on the shuttle.

Also I love all the detailed head prints. Can you see what his robot arm looks like, did they give him a gray hand?

I hope so too!

It's definitely just a normal light gray hand. I see a red stripe on the shoulder at the very least, but maybe there will be some mechanical detailing on the arm.too 

Edited by avengers777

Looks like the $30 retailer exclusive is a Mandalorian Forge...So, I guess that means the Armorer is coming? *huh*

Edited by avengers777

18 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Looks like the $30 retailer exclusive is a Mandalorian Forge...So, I guess that means the Armorer is coming? *huh*

Not sure of the credibility of the source but the rumor also says 3 figs so (speculation now), yeah, likely Mando and Armorer, and perhaps Paz with the Wrecker armor piece?

Also, a while back I speculated that they may create a Mando helmet with a stud on top for Gar Saxon's horns and that'd allow them to use the Black Panther ear piece for an Armorer figure - excited to see if that's what's happening.

Edited by Pedilego

6 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Well this is random. Armorer and Mando are obvious, but who could the third figure be?

Probably a stormtrooper? Maybe the flametrooper? Honestly I really hope it's the flametrooper since we are already getting the mortar trooper. Really pleasantly surprised with this set, looking forward to the Armorer!

Imagine how cool would it be if Mando came without the Mudhorn print on his arm. That would make for an interesting variant actually.

Edited by Stefanisimo

11 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

Probably a stormtrooper? Maybe the flametrooper? Honestly I really hope it's the flametrooper since we are already getting the mortar trooper. Really pleasantly surprised with this set, looking forward to the Armorer!

Imagine how cool would it be if Mando came without the Mudhorn print on his arm. That would make for an interesting variant actually.

It’ll probably just be the original Mando variant from the AT ST and RC. Watch them not put arm printing on the Gideon’s shuttle variant tho-

It's officially confirmed that the Bad Batch Shuttle will be revealed at 12am PT on May the 4th 

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I encourage everyone to use spoiler tags, but y'all also have to understand that if you come into a thread devoted to discussing upcoming Star Wars products you are going to come out of it with info about upcoming Star Wars products. That's the whole point. It's one thing to not want to see in-depth plot leaks that somebody's pulled from a Reddit thread or whatever, but the fact that

Reveal hidden contents

Crosshair is wearing a black uniform and the others are shooting at him

is plainly visible just from looking at the box. If you consider yourself 'spoiled' just from knowing the contents of an upcoming set, no amount of spoiler tags will make threads about upcoming sets good places for you to hang out.

I completely agree, the box art clearly shows the "spoiler"

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Guys, it doesn't matter if 90% of you know the "spoiler." Until 2 weeks after the show's release we ask that you use spoiler tags. It's the polite and considerate thing to do. That and it's a rule here. So stop breaking the rule.

I disagree that this constitutes a spoiler, but you're the mod, I'll use spoiler tags. Just out of curiosity, at what point would this be no longer considered a spoiler? We were able to talk about the child once his sets were leaked, so in the instance that 

Spoiler

The bad batch set pics label the figure as crosshair

are we able to talk about it then? Personally I feel that the box art (just looking at the set images, but just in case)

Spoiler

features a minifigure that at the very least clearly has crosshair's helmet fighting the bad batch on an imperial barc, and as such that alone really seems like we should be able to talk about it

, but even if that's not the case, surely the thing in the first spoiler tag would enable us to talk about it? 

32 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

no way she isn't, I'm just hoping for a new mold or even printed horns, she would NOT work with saxon's horns.

20 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Well this is random. Armorer and Mando are obvious, but who could the third figure be?

most likely a stormtrooper or death trooper, but I'll say for Paz Vizla as a wild hope. Honestly we might not even get mando, just the armorer and two troopers, maybe with a set looking something like this:

covert3.jpg

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I disagree that this constitutes a spoiler, but you're the mod, I'll use spoiler tags. Just out of curiosity, at what point would this be no longer considered a spoiler? We were able to talk about the child once his sets were leaked, so in the instance that 

Hide contents

are we able to talk about it then? Personally I feel that the box art (just looking at the set images, but just in case)

Spoiler or not, our policy is to wait 1-2 weeks after a movie comes out or a show first airs before talking about details of the movie/show. This allows people to watch it on their own time table without worrying about having details spoiled. You can talk about details, but use spoiler tags for that first 1-2 weeks.

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I completely agree, the box art clearly shows the "spoiler"

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

features a minifigure that at the very least clearly has crosshair's helmet fighting the bad batch on an imperial barc, and as such that alone really seems like we should be able to talk about it

, but even if that's not the case, surely the thing in the first spoiler tag would enable us to talk about it? 

no way she isn't, I'm just hoping for a new mold or even printed horns, she would NOT work with saxon's horns.

most likely a stormtrooper or death trooper, but I'll say for Paz Vizla as a wild hope. Honestly we might not even get mando, just the armorer and two troopers, maybe with a set looking something like this:

covert3.jpg

Ooh a way to get stormies that isn’t that expensive. Wouldn’t mind that in the slightest. It’ll probably be Mando and Armorer with a stormy to fight tho bc main characters sell well 🤷‍♂️

The Mandalorian Forge is a good set choice. I actually wouldn't mind if they skipped Mando out on this one in favor of getting both The Armorer and Paz Viszla. He wasn't in the battlepack or the upcoming Imperial Troop Transport so its not like he's required to appear in every set based on the show. I also like the suggestion of including the Incinerator Trooper.

Unbelievable that you guys keep doing this. How many times do we have to say that some of us don’t go looking into it as much as you? The majority of us just saw the clone wars episodes, saw the same characters in the trailer and thought “cool they’re back” and didn’t think anything of it, waiting to see the actual story. 

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Guys, it doesn't matter if 90% of you know the "spoiler." Until 2 weeks after the show's release we ask that you use spoiler tags. It's the polite and considerate thing to do. That and it's a rule here. So stop breaking the rule.

Not to minimod but it’s the same people who do this every time. They’re not going to learn if there aren’t consequences. At the very least you should be removing the posts with the spoilers but they’re still there :(

5 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

You're probably right, can't remember if they did the Razor's Crest though...

Razor Crest could be preordered in other markets but not Australia 

This Mandalorian Forge rumor is exciting! I really did not expect the retail exclusive to be something from Mando or TCW, but here we are. It’s something that I had on my wishlist for Mandalorian sets and here we are. I hope they don’t put in another Stormtrooper/Death Trooper in place of Paz Vizla though. I’ve been dying to get him as a figure. The Armorer is practically locked in and I think one of the two Din figures is likely. If we get Paz and The Armorer, then the only figures left from Season One that I would want are Kuiil, an Offworld Jawa and an Incinerator Stormtrooper. 

I saw someone mention that Mando could have a silver helmet (may have been on insta I’m lowkey sleepdeprived so mods yell at me if need be) instead of the light grey they used for ToT. I’d love that but somehow I doubt they’d have the time or initiative to do a reskin simply because of the mild backlash from the weird color in ToT. It’s probably just going to be a reprint of either OG mando or ToT mando. Hoping for Paz Visla tho. With Wrecker’s armor and a jet pack attachment somehow, depending on what that piece looks like? (chef’s kiss)

I'd rather The Armorer had her horns printed on the helmet than her reusing Gar Saxon's helmet.

I really don't think that the set will include Blu Heavy Viszszszzla. Lego likes having an enemy in their Star Wars sets and I expect this is one that Mando would be in.

Edited by ood0

9 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I didn’t really like the backdoor pilot episodes in TCW and I fear that the whole show will be about protecting the kid in the trailer... recycling the plot from The Mandalorian isn’t a good sign when the biggest complaint on Star Wars for the last few years has been a lack of original stories.  

That's a really good point. I am hoping there is more complexity with the kid and that they don't just rehash the grogu plot. I want the story to be more about the kid becoming part of their team and stepping up to join them.

If done right the kid is a great way for younger viewers to get connected to the bad batch and invest in their story by identifying with the kid's POV which would be a nice change of pace from just oo-ing and awe-ing over Grogu. Grogu is a brilliant wellspring of future content and he is a character that will pay off huge down the line for lucasfilm since he's gonna live another thousand years and might be the next yoda-like guardian of the force, but for now he's mostly just cute. The kid in the bad batch looks old enough to have a fully formed personality and an arc through the show.

Sorry none of that was about legos, so I will also say that I really hope we get another bad batch era set with that kid, we don't get enough little star wars kid mini figs, anakin is the only one I can think of.

Edited by Alex_South

4 minutes ago, Alex_South said:

That's a really good point. I am hoping there is more complexity with the kid. I really hope they don't go the Grogu route with the kid. I'm hoping the story is more about the kid becoming part of their team.

If done right the kid is a great way for younger viewers to get connected to the bad batch and invest in their story by identifying with the kid which would be a nice change of pace from just oo-ing and awe-ing over Grogu. Grogu is brilliant and he is a character that could pay off huge down the line for lucasfilm since he's gonna live another thousand years, but for now he's mostly just cute. The kid in the bad batch should be more fleshed out and relatable at the start.

Sorry none of that was about legos, so I will say that I really hope we get another bad batch era set with that kid, we don't get enough little star wars kid mini figs, anakin is the only one I can think of.

Also her hair piece would be AWESOME for custom figs. 

16 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Also her hair piece would be AWESOME for custom figs. 

The hair piece would be great, and a set of those bendable short legs that harry potter has been hogging all this time.

EDIT: Dang I just looked and the kid is probably too short for those medium legs, would still need the tiny stumps that can't sit. Besides, the kid would need another speeder bike if there's no room in the shuttle :pir_tong2:.

Edited by Alex_South

Mandalorian forge sounds great. I hope we get Paz Vizsla and Armorer. I dont really want mandalorian unless he is changed somehow,but i can understand if he is in too.

Interesting news about the Mandalorian Forge! I hope it includes lots of Beskar tiles :excited:
The Armorer will surely be a nice addition to the minifigure line up from The Mandalorian :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch