MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Do y'all think these new ring pieces could be used for the upcoming UCS AT-AT?

image.png.935d3ac7c8e5ce10662ddca6de5f4954.png

I could see them being used for leg joints or perhaps even the neck. Could this be similar to the UCS Millenium Falcon and Zane's tank situation a few years ago, where the cockpit pieces for the MF were first introduced for the tank and everyone thought they were the perfect shape/size for the cockpit?

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Which Mandalorian fighter is it? I'm assuming Clone Wars, but is it Maul's gauntlet, death watch, loyalist mandalore, or a generic mauldalorian fighter? (I love the new pfp by the way)

Hypothetically, thank you. 

I hope its the gauntlet. But considering Bo Katan is in it and Mauls not it will probably be a regular one.

Got R2 and the May 4th promos from the Cardiff Lego store today. It was my first May 4th event, and I had a great time! Got chatting with some fellow AFOLs in the queue in the hour leading up to opening, all in all was a really nice experience. 

There are more and more leaks in the other ranges lately. Do you think there is a chance that the new sets star wars will be unveiled on May 4th ?

1 hour ago, Bababricks said:

There are more and more leaks in the other ranges lately. Do you think there is a chance that the new sets star wars will be unveiled on May 4th ?

Shuttle will be, the others probably not. The Ninjago and Creator stuff comes out in June which is why it was revealed today. Still not sure where Marvel is but it should drop tomorrow or the next day, again, because June. 

3 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Shuttle will be, the others probably not. The Ninjago and Creator stuff comes out in June which is why it was revealed today. Still not sure where Marvel is but it should drop tomorrow or the next day, again, because June. 

There's no guarantee it's revealed on May 4th unless I missed something.  I do agree, it seems very plausible, since it was the first one to leak and they've been unveiling merch for the Mandalorian to coincide with around the time of a new season's release date, but we still don't know for sure.  

5 hours ago, Bababricks said:

Maybe the Bad Batch Shuttle especially since images are now out in the wild. SW generally leaks last if I remember correctly so it could be another month before we start getting more pictures. 

On 4/30/2021 at 4:54 PM, Terrasher said:

Do y'all think these new ring pieces could be used for the upcoming UCS AT-AT?

image.png.935d3ac7c8e5ce10662ddca6de5f4954.png

I could see them being used for leg joints or perhaps even the neck. Could this be similar to the UCS Millenium Falcon and Zane's tank situation a few years ago, where the cockpit pieces for the MF were first introduced for the tank and everyone thought they were the perfect shape/size for the cockpit?

That's a good idea. I can envision it more for the neck than the leg joints, but both might work. It will be interesting to see how it's scaled, and what pieces they used to scale it initially. I'm really hoping it's minifigure scale.

Edited by mirkwoodspiders
Mis-spelling

On 4/30/2021 at 7:22 PM, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Hypothetically, thank you. 

I hope its the gauntlet. But considering Bo Katan is in it and Mauls not it will probably be a regular one.

For the sake of the argument, you're welcome.

Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be a loyalist fighter and not a troop transport like the gauntlet.

11 hours ago, Bababricks said:

The only way leaks have led to official reveals, if I'm not mistaken, has been when lego officially unveils the leaked sets in "response" to the leak. I don't believe this'll impact the timetables of the SW leaks. 
That said, I think the shuttle will be unveiled by Tuesday. Bad Batch premiers soon, and the official images apparently already exist, if the leak actually did come from an R2-D2 press reveal mix-up or whatever it was. I doubt we'll see the other sets until they leak around june.

How has everyone fared with picking up the new Star wars sets so far? Our store in OKC had plenty of the helmets and probe droid, but ran out of R2-D2 by about 2 in the afternoon today. A store employee told me they had 60 copies and sold them all within 4 hours. I ordered mine online and got an email saying it's back-ordered and might not get shipped for 60 days. Glad I got the order in at all...

47 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

For the sake of the argument, you're welcome.

And I finally just got @2lazeetomakeaname’s new pfp. Its epic.

Also, I’m banking on the BB shuttle to be revealed soon, but not exactly on May 4, maybe the next weekend?

48 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

And I finally just got @2lazeetomakeaname’s new pfp. Its epic.

Also, I’m banking on the BB shuttle to be revealed soon, but not exactly on May 4, maybe the next weekend?

I was certain it would be revealed next week but considering most June sets haven't been officially revealed i'm starting to doubt it.

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

How has everyone fared with picking up the new Star wars sets so far? Our store in OKC had plenty of the helmets and probe droid, but ran out of R2-D2 by about 2 in the afternoon today. A store employee told me they had 60 copies and sold them all within 4 hours. I ordered mine online and got an email saying it's back-ordered and might not get shipped for 60 days. Glad I got the order in at all...

Unsurprisingly the Homestead is still available, as are the Vader, Scout and Droid, which is slightly more surprising. They are smaller then the R2 tho so I'm guessing that's just because there were more copies made. 

3 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I was really surprised at the crowd today at my local Lego store. Got there about 30 min before opening and was about 40th in line. They also had 60 R2s and by time they opened there were way more people in line than that. Surprised at how popular this set has been. Looks like a great set though and looking forward to building it. 

An alternate (but still blurry) pic of the shuttle is up in the usual place. 

Looks interesting, but still a no from me. Those figs without their helmets have got my attention though. 

Edit: And now there's a close up blurry promo shot of the helmet molds. Tech (?) looks pretty cool. 

Edited by SEmrys

5 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

An alternate (but still blurry) pic of the shuttle is up in the usual place. 

Looks interesting, but still a no from me. Those figs without their helmets have got my attention though. 

Edit: And now there's a close up blurry promo shot of the helmet molds. Tech (?) looks pretty cool. 

Saw that, but the interesting bit is the leaker said it’s a May th4th reveal. 

The set looks good, but it's still dang annoying about the giant (i.e. LEGO standard) BARC speeder included. Looking forward to the official pictures hopefully this week to be duly impressed by the minifigures and unimpressed by the shuttle interior!

Tech's helmet looks awesome and Wrecker's shoulder pad printing is a nice surprise! I also like how they kept the medium nougat skin tone for everyone except Echo 

Edited by avengers777

Hmm, this set is starting to look a little more interesting! Still not sure about it, but I like how they added the shoulder pads for Wrecker to give him the proper bulky look.
The skin tone difference is a nice touch as well! Not too fond of those helmet designs in general, but they are of course very accurate. Or, seem to, at least.

Regards,
Mitch

27 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Saw that, but the interesting bit is the leaker said it’s a May th4th reveal. 

Yes, it looks like it leaked from an ad on Gemrany's S@H website. It should be available for pre-order on May the 4th! 

Does anybody know if the double VIP points would apply to the pre-order? - I would assume so, but I just want to make sure :grin:

Edited by avengers777

These figures are looking great so far, my only complaint is that, from what I can see, Echo doesn't have his droid brain thing wrapping around as far as they've done for Lobot in the past.

Also there's definitely no way Crosshair has a printed head in this set

Just saw another angle on the shuttle. I've warmed up to it a lot, it's just that piece they use for the windshield that lets it down. It should be straight, not curved.

Loving the helmet designs and printed armor on the Bad Batch minifigures. The cockpit on the shuttle also looks a bit better with these new angle shots. Its not perfect but it somewhat captures that sharp pointed look better than initially thought.

Those are clearly s@h banners. Assuming that means preorders will go live on May 4... watch Australia miss out on the preorder again. 

I don't get the inclusion of the BARC speeder in this set, especially as many people who will buy it will have multiple speeders from 501st packs purchased less than a year ago. I know, landspeeders, snowspeeders, x-wings etc. are all vehicles that get regular reissues, but none of them are sold as 'massable' items. It feels like the price point was set first at the speeder has been added in to get the part count to an acceptable level. Of course, those 100 odd pieces would have been much better going into the shuttle build itself, but maybe it was a case of adding extra pieces would have required a complete redesign resulting in a possibly even higher piece count and the alternative of another 100 pieces of greebling isn't the way Lego rolls. Or, and spoiler just in case:

Spoiler

The pics show Wrecker and Echo shooting at Imperial Crosshair, so this is another case of Lego wanting to put competing factions within the same set for extra play value.

Looks like there's at least three helmets. Never in doubt...

That cockpit is hideous though. I'll wait for high-res shots but that's going to get modded out for sure.