MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

49 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

I feel like getting them day 1 is a thing in Australia as retail barely have any to buy most times these days.

Yeah I’m thinking the same. Here’s hoping they don’t shaft us with the exchange rate again because I really dislike paying the full retail price for system sets. Might just go through s@h or a certified store for a change to get the points and be done with it. Just a little hesitant since I want to get the gunship and AT-AT too, also didn’t pick up the new helmets and probe yet either (opted for the 66 batmobile and 66 robin off of bricklink instead). 

Feeling a little backwards this year as I’ll normally go for the D2Cs day 1 and hold out on the system sets, but as of late the D2Cs are the ones that are consistently in-stock. There’s clearly an abundance of the cantina here since it’s already being discounted by all major retailers.

11 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I'm so megablocking excited for the Mandolorian fighter. But they're probably gonna change the color from white to light grey.

Me too. I'll be ready to buy the set just for his miniatures. I have been waiting for Gar Saxon and Bo katan figures for years.

Does anyone think there is a shot the BB shuttle will seat 4?

The body of the ship will fit two if its a similar design to the lambda from march but the cockpit is bigger than the lambda and looks better designed, watching JANGs review of the lambda, he was of the opinion that cockpit could have easily fit two figures with a better build. Does anyone think this cockpit has been reworked to fit two, or maybe one and the gonk. It would just be nice to have a shuttle that can actually hold the team, but that green speeder makes me suspicious that it will only fit 3.

Tech has that huge backpack so maybe there isn't room up front and he is intended to be the pilot and take up all the space.

9 minutes ago, Alex_South said:

Does anyone think there is a shot the BB shuttle will seat 4?

The body of the ship will fit two if its a similar design to the lambda from march but the cockpit is bigger than the lambda and looks better designed, watching JANGs review of the lambda, he was of the opinion that cockpit could have easily fit two figures with a better build. Does anyone think this cockpit has been reworked to fit two, or maybe one and the gonk. It would just be nice to have a shuttle that can actually hold the team, but that green speeder makes me suspicious that it will only fit 3.

Tech has that huge backpack so maybe there isn't room up front and he is intended to be the pilot and take up all the space.

There are only 3 places in the shuttle, one in the cockpit and the other 2 places at the back of the ship. I know this from other leaks from this ship.

17 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Someone on the LSW subreddit found a bunch of links to pre-set product pages for the summer wave, and it looks like the Vader Meditation Chamber is only going to be $50 and the AT AT is confirmed. 

The website with "links" is literally my rumors from January just... written on a website.

12 minutes ago, MandRproductions said:

The website with "links" is literally my rumors from January just... written on a website.

Ha, Yeah that list didn't seem official.

Love your channel BTW. You and Jang are my go-to reviewers. I'm looking forward to this summer wave. I do really hope we get official BB shuttle pics on the 4th so I can finally confirm how many figs fit in the shuttle.

How long do you think the Summer 2021 sets will be in stock in Australia? I ask this because most of the 2020 summer sets (501st BP, AAT, Knightbuzzard, IT-S Transport, Final Duel) are just gone from most retailers and I want to know whether I should wait for sales to get the sets I want or to buy them all to be safe.

Edited by BigA_7

4 hours ago, MandRproductions said:

You said Vader was going to be $70 but I digress. 

55 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

How long do you think the Summer 2021 sets will be in stock in Australia? I ask this because most of the 2020 summer sets (501st BP, AAT, Knightbuzzard, IT-S Transport, Final Duel) are just gone from most retailers and I want to know whether I should wait for sales to get the sets I want or to buy them all to be safe.

I’m buying them day one to be safe and I’m in America. I can only imagine the chaos that will be Australia. 

14 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

You said Vader was going to be $70 but I digress. 

I’m buying them day one to be safe and I’m in America. I can only imagine the chaos that will be Australia. 

I tried looking for the original video about the leaks but I think the channel of this mandy products persona is gone. As far as I understood there were some people just taking the info and making their own videos but the details of descriptions were different from the original leaks video.

It's crazy - here in Germany SW sets used to be available for around 2 years, some much longer. Some bigger and smaller sets last year were gone before the summer wave released. Some didnt even appear. And I am talking about the big toy stores. Lego shelves have become super big for some years and within 2-3 years they have become smaller then they were ever since I can remember. I think the market might just be jaded with Lego which is a very bad sign for the future of our favourite hobby.

2 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

I got 501st BP, Knightbuzzard and Final Duel all at 20% off or better near release, so if you're a little patient you should be able to pick up this year's "Summer wave" at a discount before they disappear. FYI ATAT is available right now on Amazon for 33% off and they still have the Nightbuzzard almost 20% off too.

It seems after Xmas supply tends to drop off a bit on some of these sets but if you buy before then you should be ok.

Edited by TeufelHund

If the past few years are any indication they’ll be in stock for no more than 2 hours, if that. If you want them you’ll need to grab them ASAP. 

If you can buy them, not too fussed about some price point go for it. Each to their own I guess.

3 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

It looks like Lego has put some effort in to their supply issues here. The summer 2021 wave seems to be mostly available where I am, at least online. In addition, the helmets and probe droid are still available at s@h and the only out of stock set is the 501st. 75257 is also hanging around for a long time for anyone that doesn’t have Boolio.

It is still probably a good idea to get the winter sets as soon as they’re available. Another issue may be that sometimes non-movie sets have a limited distribution(eg. 75262, 75254, 75280). Therefore the Mandalorian fighter might be hard to find as it’s more obscure than an X-wing or Slave I.

Saw on usual places the new Headless character from the HP line being fully glow in the dark...

Would really love some Jedi spirit characters...

6 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

It looks like Lego has put some effort in to their supply issues here. The summer 2021 wave seems to be mostly available where I am, at least online. In addition, the helmets and probe droid are still available at s@h and the only out of stock set is the 501st. 75257 is also hanging around for a long time for anyone that doesn’t have Boolio.

It is still probably a good idea to get the winter sets as soon as they’re available. Another issue may be that sometimes non-movie sets have a limited distribution(eg. 75262, 75254, 75280). Therefore the Mandalorian fighter might be hard to find as it’s more obscure than an X-wing or Slave I.

I think you're confusing winter waves and summer waves. The winter wave is the January wave (winter in the northern hemisphere) and the summer wave is the August/September wave (summer in the northern hemisphere

5 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

I think you're confusing winter waves and summer waves. The winter wave is the January wave (winter in the northern hemisphere) and the summer wave is the August/September wave (summer in the northern hemisphere

They’re not confusing them, they’re just going by the seasons here in Australia. Just go with the flow mate, we Aussies always gotta do a bit of mental gymnastics when someone posts a price in USD or some other currency and we never ask anybody to change up they way they talk. 

8 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

Saw on usual places the new Headless character from the HP line being fully glow in the dark...

Would really love some Jedi spirit characters...

I feel like they have to be imminent. There have been so many great methods introduced to potentially make “ghostly” minifigures. The blue hues on Moaning Myrtle last year, the glow-in-the-dark Peeves this summer, and translucent minifigure parts.

Translucent arms have been around since Electro and Jek-14, and one of the Ultra Agents and some China figs had a translucent leg. But now there are multiple Vidiyo band mates with both legs translucent. LEGO has plenty of options at their disposal. 

I'm hoping that the Bad Batch shuttle goes on sale/drops in price on EBay relatively quickly; I want the figures but I can't conscience paying full price for that fustercluck of a ship. 

Also, has anyone confirmed 75319 isn't Tython? Feels like it would be workable. Small hill with the little altar thing, two dark troopers, Mando and Grogu, maybe an out-of-scale troop transport. Could be a cool little set and an ok if expensive way to amass DTs. 

Edited by hondohnaka

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Also, has anyone confirmed 75319 isn't Tython? Feels like it would be workable. Small hill with the little altar thing, two dark troopers, Mando and Grogu, maybe an out-of-scale troop transport. Could be a cool little set and an ok if expensive way to amass DTs. 

That would be an interesting idea for a set but, it's honestly impossible to guess what the $30 set will be. There are way too many things in Star Wars that can fit into that price range. It's like the Death Star Final Duel from last year, a lot of people were guessing that it was going to be an AT-TE because of the price and it wasn't

1 hour ago, avengers777 said:

That would be an interesting idea for a set but, it's honestly impossible to guess what the $30 set will be. There are way too many things in Star Wars that can fit into that price range. It's like the Death Star Final Duel from last year, a lot of people were guessing that it was going to be an AT-TE because of the price and it wasn't

I can see them doing an Imperial Lander with the same sort of design of @Mandalorianknight's.

On 4/29/2021 at 8:53 AM, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I'm so megablocking excited for the Mandolorian fighter. But they're probably gonna change the color from white to light grey.

Which Mandalorian fighter is it? I'm assuming Clone Wars, but is it Maul's gauntlet, death watch, loyalist mandalore, or a generic mauldalorian fighter? (I love the new pfp by the way)

13 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I can see them doing an Imperial Lander with the same sort of design of @Mandalorianknight's.

I don't know if they could make the lander at a $30 price point, unfortunately. I'm glad you saw my lander design, though!

1 hour ago, avengers777 said:

Pretty much any location set, for one. If i had to put money on it being something, it'd be one of those, as the $25-30 location set is pretty much a line staple at this point. (death star escape, yoda's hut, obi-wan's hut, etc)