MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Eeeeeekkkk. Hopefully official pictures look better! Mini Figures- Awesome! Shuttle-hard to tell, Speeders-Parts should have gone to the shuttle! Was looking forward to this, but may have just saved me $100!

7 hours ago, Brickroll said:

1. GONK 

This is the most important thing in the set. *happy GONK noise*

In all seriousness, the cockpit is the only thing that could really ruin the look based on this pic. I'm going to wait until a) we see a picture from the other side (I doubt LEGO will use the anti-studs on the central fin in promo shots), and b) we see a picture of it not in its landed configuration. I'm also guessing the BARC's inclusion alongside the lime green speeder (which is pretty cool) means the set is based on a specific scene or episode.

To me the speeders make it less likely all the BB members will fit in the shuttle. You could maaaybe fit two in the cockpit, but I'd wager only one, plus probably two in the back rather than four. The other two get speeders, and the GONK gets left out in the cold, I guess. *sad GONK noise*

I think sand blue was a good choice, makes it stand out more :laugh: Sure, the BARC speeder is a bit unnecessary, but I don’t mind it too much. After all, Crosshair needs a ride too :shrug_oh_well: Speaking of which: isn’t it a bit silly they just gave him a regular long blaster instead of something ressembling his sniper rifle?

And I wonder which set might have been cancelled... Maybe the unknown $30 one? :sceptic:

This was never a set I was going to buy regardless of quality, as I am more interested in other sets, and I have to make priorities, but I actually like the inclusion of two speeder bikes. More often than not, with vehicle sets, any auxiliary or other vehicles are given little attention, so to see the effort put in here is heartening as, despite detracting from this set, it could set a precedent for other sets. In my opinion adding more small builds enhances playability which is important for children, who won’t care that much over proportionality and detail. I recall sets such as the Naboo fighter from 2015 which I got on my waning KFOL years, and the smaller builds were much more fun than the main build

14 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

In my opinion adding more small builds enhances playability which is important for children, who won’t care that much over proportionality and detail. I recall sets such as the Naboo fighter from 2015 which I got on my waning KFOL years, and the smaller builds were much more fun than the main build

I'm with you on this one, especially with the starfighter sets that include more than just the pilot, it gives the other figures something to do (hence why I don't think the BB will all fit in the shuttle). This year's X-wing was good but could have benefitted from one of those small service speeders, for instance.

4 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

The cynical take is that the shuttle won't fit all 5 figs and the speeders are there to provide vehicles for the remaining two...

This must be the real reason why two speeders have been included in this set.

On 4/16/2021 at 2:46 PM, SCREDEYE said:

Im at a stage where if I see the pictures, ill be happy but im not going to actively hunt or beg for them because eventually they come out and till then I have plenty of other things in life to keep me busy. If you feel that way, take a step back away from all this and after some time has passed, ask yourself if you want to come back to it

Logged out for a week and yeeeeesh some of these replies. I've never really delved into the whole leak thing beyond what pops up on here but if its as bad as you're describing then no wonder someone like me on the surface can see it. Only popped in to see if the bad batch shuttle photo I saw is real and turns out it is. The shuttle itself looks fine, but it's so small! Look at it next to those speeders! I like the green speeder, but reusing the same oversized BARC from the 501st set is annoying. Not the first time LEGO has reused a speeder build, won't be the last... just wish they could get the scale right for once.

So it’s basically the Pasaana speeder chase and the Knights of Ren transport ship combined? Based on that the Australian price will be close to $200. A more realistic price of $160 still doesn’t seem worth it. Oh well, more to spend on 3 in 1 castles then.

I do like the design though and more sand blue is always good.

Overall I like the set!

-Minifigures: Easily the highlight of the set from what I can tell, and the Gonk is a nice bonus. It looks like Crosshair is definitely Imperial (I'm assuming he is the one in the middle) and won't have a rangefinder...

-Colours: I actually love the colours, they are refreshing and are probably accurate to the show because the ship might get a makeover.

-Speeders: They will definitely add to playability which I appreciate, but I feel like they could have changed up the BARC speeder. I do wish they were removed for a bigger, better shuttle build but they're fine I guess.

-Shuttle Build: This is the most disappointing aspect... The shuttle looks nice but I feel like the cockpit is too bit in proportion to the rest of the ship. I feel like the interior will be very similar to the Imperial shuttle and will only be able to fit 3 minifigures, as the ship looks to be the same length of the BARC speeder which is a shame.

Overall, I love the shuttle for the minifigures, refreshing colours and playability. The size is a bit disappointing but it doesn't matter too much at the end of the day. I'm excited to see better pictures!

btw, why didn't the previous rumours mention the BARC speeder?

Edited by BigA_7

31 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

btw, why didn't the previous rumours mention the BARC speeder?

My guess is that the pictures seen that led to the earlier leaks were of the box-art. The ship would be in space so it wouldn’t show the speeders. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Gotta say I'm still not a very big fan of the shuttle's color, but overall I kinda like the set.
Might actually get it :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

I'll just drop these two pictures of MOC's of the ship here:

- Barely one figure fits in the cockpit
- for sure more but still not a lot of space in the main compartement
- .. main compartement is also pretty gappy.
- fin of the 3rd wing is also built with plates.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0515/6700/1751/products/badbatchimage_1024x1024@2x.png?v=1608076707

https://cdn.rebrickable.com/media/thumbs/mocs/moc-49569.jpg/1000x800.jpg?1617804938.185474

I'm not trying to **** on cool MOC's here. Im just saying people here seem to wish the rules of our world away. Decent space for interior are always issues with these kind of ships. The popular Tydirium was the only one with decent interior but also here it was very hard to access and use properly. Now the new designs are all even more simplyfied. Compared to the posted MOCs, the official one (and yeah, we dont even have clear pictures yet, maybe it looks worse, maybe better) has some aspects that look better and some that look worse. Which was to be expected.

And as others pointed out, the speeders are a thingy for kids. I remember getting a 100 bucks set once just because it included the first Mace Windu and a cool speeder (yeah, I was a small kid). I get if people dont like a set aestethically and comment on it. Or about the crazy prices and other things. But it doesnt reflect well on an adult (!) community if a minority demands everything the way they want without considering that it's mainly not designed and produced for them. This community can be really fun but it can also be really poisonous.

Economy is getting worse, children rather switch to digital games - let's hope for good Lego designs and enjoy while it lasts.

I quite like the look of the BB Shuttle, while the sand blue isn't accurate strictly speaking, we get so many grey vehicles already that it's actually somewhat refreshing. Looking forward to higher resolution images, but so far I'm on board with this one. 

Well from what I've heard this morning the account holder on Insta got some contact from Disney regarding the image hence the account was taken down. There was a threat of legal paperwork being sent out to them regarding the leak of the image... name of account holder mentioned in the message apparently. I'm not even sure who originally posted it as it moved around quite quickly but I hope it was worth it for whoever did it. Pinch of salt with these things as always. And pepper. Maybe some truffle oil and some parmesan shavings.

Edited by Robianco

28 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Well from what I've heard this morning the account holder on Insta got some contact from Disney regarding the image hence the account was taken down. There was a threat of legal paperwork being sent out to them regarding the leak of the image... name of account holder mentioned in the message apparently. I'm not even sure who originally posted it as it moved around quite quickly but I hope it was worth it for whoever did it. Pinch of salt with these things as always. And pepper. Maybe some truffle oil and some parmesan shavings.

Great now I’m hungry. This at least proves its legitimacy unfortunately. 

48 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Lego leaving in the image of the shuttle in the R2-D2 LAN press kit either screams A) They really are as incompetent as we think or B) It was a deliberate move to try and find 'leakers' within LAN and they don't mind it 'leaking' because they intend to announce the shuttle on May 4th. But the fact that Disney seems less them happy by more than one account would suggest the first ... Or both, if Lego really did pull that move without consulting Disney. Either way, Lego really needs to get it together because there's only so many times you can keep blaming others for your mistakes.

Anyway, I'm going to go grab lunch now because you've made us all hungry. :moar:

The whole thing seems a bit odd; if Disney and/or Lego had kept quiet about everything we would just be here debating if this is a legitimate leak or a custom render of existing info for the next week or so until an official announcement. Bringing in the lawyers just seems to confirm everything.

8 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Lego leaving in the image of the shuttle in the R2-D2 LAN press kit either screams A) They really are as incompetent as we think or B) It was a deliberate move to try and find 'leakers' within LAN and they don't mind it 'leaking' because they intend to announce the shuttle on May 4th.

Maybe it's B and each press kit had a slight difference. In one pic the speeder was lime green, in another the shuttle was dark azure, in another the Gonk was salmon... alright now I'm hungry too! :drool:

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

My guess is that the pictures seen that led to the earlier leaks were of the box-art. The ship would be in space so it wouldn’t show the speeders. 

If I remember correctly, didn't that rumour also describe the lime-green speeder?

Also guys, make sure to screenshot the leak in case it gets taken down

Edited by BigA_7

The shuttle looks smaller than expected... my main hope is that it can at least fit all the Bad Batch inside it. The build kind of reminds me of Emperor Palpatine’s Shuttle they released in 2009 (God I feel old), which I remember liking. My guess is that the central stabiliser will lift up to reveal some kind of seating/storage area maybe with a few screens or something. 

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I am worried about this. It's hard to see, but it doesn't look like that main section has an openable interior, and the cockpit can't fit more than 2 figures.

That's interesting because to me it looks like it'll open up just like the Imperial shuttle. 

Hot take, but I like the shaping of the cockpit in the LEGO version better than the in-universe version. It makes it more reminiscent of Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator and I like that.

Pictures are too blurry to see any detail on minifigures,but buying the set is cheaper than buying custom minifigs and most likely cheaper than buying figures separately,after all they will be main characters in a show. 
Shuttle looks horrible,i may change my mind after i see Jangs review in the future or maybe it looks better with wing positioned differently,but for now horrible.
Barc speeder just looks like a recolor of that oversized garbage from 501st set and looks like a joke being almost the same size as shuttle. (i dont want minifigure scale,but this is ridiculous)
The other speeder looks like a pirate speeder bike from clone wars,but in lime green. I dont like the color,but if its accurate i have no problems with it.
Is gonk droid the new r2/bb8/d-o?
I really hope its preliminary and not the final set.

The shuttle looks too small for my taste. Why not ditch BARC and make some improvements to the main build? Spoiler alert:

Spoiler

I guess TLG's reasoning was: We need some good guys vs. bad guys vehicle play-ability 

I can see that theory of not all figs fitting in the shuttle plausible. 

I'll wait for better pictures but I'm not sure I'll get this set. If I will it will probably be for the figs. I guess I'll have to wait for the summer wave to drop and then make my decision on which sets to buy. 

Edited by Alpha Draconis

Not exactly sure why, but the Shuttle pic floating around looks custom, not prelim or official. Just something about the way the pieces/characters are laid out looks off. With the exception of Poe's X-wing, every Star Wars ship currently on LEGO.com is angled with the front of the ship facing the left side of the screen, not the right as this picture has it. Also, when has LEGO ever had any sort of preliminary or official photos with shadows/reflections under the pieces as this photo has? It screams LDD. I might be wrong, but the entire thing looks fishy, like someone got a hold of all the leaked details, put together a good-looking MOC and now everyone thinks it's real. Just my $0.02.

2 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

The whole thing seems a bit odd; if Disney and/or Lego had kept quiet about everything we would just be here debating if this is a legitimate leak or a custom render of existing info for the next week or so until an official announcement. Bringing in the lawyers just seems to confirm everything.

Streisand effect baby, they never learn

11 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Not exactly sure why, but the Shuttle pic floating around looks custom, not prelim or official. Just something about the way the pieces/characters are laid out looks off. With the exception of Poe's X-wing, every Star Wars ship currently on LEGO.com is angled with the front of the ship facing the left side of the screen, not the right as this picture has it. Also, when has LEGO ever had any sort of preliminary or official photos with shadows/reflections under the pieces as this photo has? It screams LDD. I might be wrong, but the entire thing looks fishy, like someone got a hold of all the leaked details, put together a good-looking MOC and now everyone thinks it's real. Just my $0.02.

To my understanding, this is a screenshot of the 360 view which was accidentaly put in the LAN press release kit for the R2-D2 - according to MandR 

Edited by Alpha Draconis