MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I don’t think I’ll judge it too harshly till we see better photos. 

The speeders are okay and might be from important scene, I suspect the grey one is for crosshair. But I can’t shake the feeling that they should’ve made them a separate set and that way they could’ve included cw crosshair in the shuttle, and reduced the shuttles price.

Aaaand Landino said it’s real so I guess that’s the nail in the coffin. (Darth Vader NOOOOOO noises)

Looks like the figures will be the main draw of the set. The shuttle doesn’t look too atrocious, but it seems beyond redundant to add a recoloured BARC. Guess the set’s lone antagonist needs something to ride!

That lime speeder is definitely from the show, we see Hunter riding it in both trailers. Speaking of, hope he has a backpack for an accurate overall profile! 

12 minutes ago, DrCoomer said:

Kinda blows that the cockpit window is a red sticker and not a transparent piece.

There’s something really satisfying about seeing a minifigure pilot behind a cockpit “glass”, I know what you mean.

Edited by T21Typhoon

I’m assuming the Havoc Marauder gets a re-skin early in the show - makes sense if on the run. Lego have always liked ‘quirky’ opportunities but this is the wrong move sadly. 

Again I’ll wait until better pictures...but that cockpit is awful and the colour will take getting used to considering I envisaged black and grey alike the Clone Wars version. 

Looks fun to me. I’ll def be buying it... what on earth is another BARC doing in there though? It looks even more out of scale next to a more accurately sized shuttle!

11 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I’m assuming the Havoc Marauder gets a re-skin early in the show - makes sense if on the run. Lego have always liked ‘quirky’ opportunities but this is the wrong move sadly. 

Again I’ll wait until better pictures...but that cockpit is awful and the colour will take getting used to considering I envisaged black and grey alike the Clone Wars version. 

The sand blue isn't too bad IMO but that cockpit is rough...probably because they decided to include 300 pcs worth of speeders so the shuttle has to be smaller. I'm still not 100% sure this is real, it looks to me like someone went on stud.io and just made a render based on all the info that was leaked, using the part designer feature for decals. If it is real, I probably won't get it, even if Wrecker, Tech, Hunter, and Echo look great (at least from what I can see, plus wrecker's got his body armor)

I actually kind of like it. My biggest complaint is definitely the color - I don't understand why they mixed the gray with the sand blue. They should have just stuck with one color

Edited by avengers777

If the shuttle could actually fit all of the Bad Batch in it then it would at least be doing better than the Knights of Ren Transport, but from this picture I'm thinking no ...

With both the Imperial Shuttle and the Bad Batch shuttle out this year, I was really hoping I wouldn't want both. Wish granted! The Imperial Shuttle isn't great, but the Bad Batch shuttle doesn't look any better because the extra $30 went into the equivalent of a battle pack instead of a bigger spaceship with a better build.

I love the Bad Batch set! The cockpit is definitely rough, but it heavily reminds me of the Scimitar so that endears it to me more than it should. WRECKER HAS ARMOR that is such a relief, makes me happy! From what I can see of the figures, they look fantastic! The green speeder is really neat, the BARC seems superfluous but it's not bad, just the exact same build as the 501st just with a slight pallet swap. I'm honestly super happy with this, can't wait to pick it up! Any chance it might release with the launch of the show? At the very least I expect it will be officially revealed with the release of the show.

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Fulcrum’s source got it wrong and was talking about another set. That’s both promising and scary.

Maybe that rumored UCS AT-AT has been postponed to next year? It would be unusual to get three large exclusives in one year.

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

At this point I’m probably just EBaying the figs. Jeez this is frustrating. 

There's no way they'll sell for less than 15-20$ a piece so at that point you'd just be buying the set and only getting the figures :snicker:

Anyway, looks decent to me, but I wished it was a bit bigger. Oh well, it's gonna be the usual situation where it grows on me after watching the show so I'll have to get it type of thing (Sad Rebels Ghost moment). Now I'm really excited to see the summer sets!

The cockpit on this looks like something out of mid-2000s Exo-Force or something.  The color itself doesn't look bad, the shuttle just looks really small.  I was like 95% not going to get this set anyway, so I'm pretty indifferent about the leaks, but I definitely will say they haven't convinced me to run and buy this once it comes out.  Hoping we'll get some more preliminary pictures soon-ish!

Also, the fact that this image wasn't a catalog leak but looks more like a promo shot leads me to wonder if they are indeed going to reveal this in May when the show comes out?

3 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

The cockpit on this looks like something out of mid-2000s Exo-Force or something.  The color itself doesn't look bad, the shuttle just looks really small.  I was like 95% not going to get this set anyway, so I'm pretty indifferent about the leaks, but I definitely will say they haven't convinced me to run and buy this once it comes out.  Hoping we'll get some more preliminary pictures soon-ish!

Also, the fact that this image wasn't a catalog leak but looks more like a promo shot leads me to wonder if they are indeed going to reveal this in May when the show comes out?

May 4 makes too much sense. I’m wondering if this is gonna be an imperial shuttle situation where it looks like trash on the box but is better in person. Thing is the shuttle was well-designed aesthetically to begin with and this just looks bad in general. 

Really wonder why the parts for a BARC speeder were prioritized over more parts to improve the shuttle design. The green speeder looks kind of cool, odd color choice...

Love how the blurry figs look.

I think I will still get this set. If the ship looks so bad upon more detail, my mind could change. I hope the ship and its pieces have some good moc potential

Edited by BaalTheBuilder
Clarifying

After a few hours the windshield piece which I thought looked weird as it had a curve and looked foreign to the cockpit blends in better now as a whole shape and looks more like how pointy it should be.I guess I’m used to it now and not zooming into every detail of it rather looking/glancing at it like a normal set photo.Still should be clear red windows on it though instead of stickers messing the stickers up could really ruin it.Looks a bit better now though after some time.

Edited by Displayedaction

The Tatooine Homestead promo looks surprisingly good! I got the Hoth and Endor ones from 2019, but skipped the Death Star II one from last year. I think I’ll be buying the Imperial Shuttle and a couple more 501st sets for May the 4th this year, so looks like I’ll be getting this promo as well!

The R2-D2 looks fantastic. I normally stick to minifigure-scaled playsets and vehicles, but I might have to make an exception for this one. It just looks like a perfect Lego representation of the coolest astromech. The head in particular is gorgeously smooth. I also like the little Luke lightsaber, even if it is out of scale with Artoo himself, and that Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary brick is awesome. A nice little touch I appreciate on the box is how it uses pictures of R2 from each trilogy, especially coming from someone who enjoys each era of Star Wars. I’ll wait to get this one though, as I still need to get last year’s Cantina, if that ever becomes available again, and other non Star Wars related sets. (Not to mention saving up for Disney World and Galaxy’s Edge souvenirs for whenever I can finally make the trip there.)

And lastly, the Bad Batch shuttle looks... strange. The build looks decent enough, though the printed cockpit looks bad and I have mixed feelings on the sand blue coloring. I like getting a big Star Wars ship with a color other than grey, white or black, but I don’t know if it’s very accurate for this shuttle. (Unless they repaint/recolor it in the new show, which is a definite possibility.) The recolor of the BARC from 75280 looks great, as does that sweet green speeder bike that almost looks like a MOC, though I don’t know if both of them should have been included in this set. I like it when big ships like this include small things like on the side, but these ones definitely take parts away from the main build. From what I can see of the figures, all five of them look spectacular, though I wish they would have included Crosshair in his Bad Batch armor here and maybe saved his Imperial armor and BARC speeder for a small set to release alongside this one. Despite not being overly excited for the show or being too huge a fan of the Bad Batch TCW arc, I’ll be picking this one up alongside the other summer sets.

Edited by The Stud

I'm conflicted. I'm glad we're getting all 5 members plus a gonk droid, but the shuttle itself will be incredibly small assuming the BARC speeder next to it is identical in size to the 501st one. This really could've benefitted from a 20$ increase in price and a removal of the BARC speeder for a bigger ship. Color wise I think it looks fine but man I'm afraid it will be another Night Buzzard situation. 

Hoping that the supposed inclusion of the two speeders - which as others have said could have easily been released as a separate set - doesn't mean this is the only BB set that will ever be made. The optimistic take is as it's likely to be the only one released this year they're just getting more material out there quickly and smaller sets will follow next year. The cynical take is that the shuttle won't fit all 5 figs and the speeders are there to provide vehicles for the remaining two...

I still think that LEGO's most likely plan is to do exactly what they did with The Mando, releasing one set around the premier of the show to gauge interest/get the main characters out there and then following that with more and larger sets in a year or so if the show is well-received and the first one sells. It would probably have made more sense to start with a smaller set, like they did with the AT-ST Raider, but they were more constrained here than with Mando since there would've been a lot of pushback if they didn't include all 5 figures (plenty of people here were already riling themselves up for that), whereas with Mando the only one who *had* to be in the first set was Din. The huge demand for all the Mando sets suggests that releasing them gradually is working out for LEGO, especially in contrast with Rebels where they released a ton of sets early, only to find that the show started slow, the wave didn't sell, and the demand for those sets only picked up after they were discontinued.

I know people aren't the most excited for the shuttle as it's kind of lack luster, but I can't express my joy enough seeing all these main characters in a single set. I know the rumors have been out for quite some time now but seeing a photo, even though quite blurry, it's a real relief I won't be forced to get 2 or 3 sets just to collect the 5 characters.

5 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

If the shuttle could actually fit all of the Bad Batch in it then it would at least be doing better than the Knights of Ren Transport, but from this picture I'm thinking no ...

I am worried about this. It's hard to see, but it doesn't look like that main section has an openable interior, and the cockpit can't fit more than 2 figures.

3 hours ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

Really wonder why the parts for a BARC speeder were prioritized over more parts to improve the shuttle design. The green speeder looks kind of cool, odd color choice...

Love how the blurry figs look.

I think I will still get this set. If the ship looks so bad upon more detail, my mind could change. I hope the ship and its pieces have some good moc potential

Yeah, the speeders are really making me wonder here. I could see the lime one being included, but I don't get any rational behind adding the imperial one too.

5 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

I know people aren't the most excited for the shuttle as it's kind of lack luster, but I can't express my joy enough seeing all these main characters in a single set. I know the rumors have been out for quite some time now but seeing a photo, even though quite blurry, it's a real relief I won't be forced to get 2 or 3 sets just to collect the 5 characters.

True, it's great to have the entire batch in a single set.