MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Honestly, I'm still hyped about the shuttle. The colour would be refreshing and the figures sound promising. It sucks that Crossheir will be imperial though, it would be so much better to have them all be republic..

Edited by BigA_7

Homestead looks great, there's so many little details. The three-part landspeeder is my favourite by far - LEGO just couldn't resist giving us another one :laugh:

Just now, TeddytheSpoon said:

Homestead looks great, there's so many little details. The three-part landspeeder is my favourite by far - LEGO just couldn't resist giving us another one :laugh:

Yeah, I understand why the new May 4th promos are hated because the minifigure were so good, but these are pretty dope.

Yeah I really like them. You could add a couple of hot dog pieces to represent the charred bodies of Luke's Aunt and Uncle

Somehow an R2 review just dropped before the actual set was revealed, enjoy! 

So it looks all right, definitely skipping it but for the droid fans/completionists it should be great

Edited by hondohnaka

R2 looks nice. I think it looks really good from profile since it's rounded off better than the predecessor. 

The third leg looks to be held in the body by a simple mechanism that releases the leg assembly when the model is under the right angle... not sure I'm exited about this part of the set, although it is a display model with minimal/no play in mind

Maybe it's just me but does anyone else think that the Luke's lightsaber is kind of small in proportion to the R2?

Overall it looks good, but I'm not going to get one - I'm saving up for (hopefully) UCS AT-AT  

R2 looks great. Having already bought the 2012 model, though, I think this is a hard pass. What honestly might have pushed me to buy is if the lightsaber popped out with some sort of spring mechanism - I would not be able to stop playing with a feature like that.

The leg function looks far better than the initial model, and the 50th anniversary brick is tempting, but with the UCS Gunship on the way and the (rumored but all-but-confirmed) UCS AT-AT, I will probably save my $$ for those two models.

I'm happy for those that missed the 2012 model and won't have to pay an arm and a (third) leg to get a nice model of R2.

You know, I’ve been thinking about it, and I feel pretty good about the Havoc Marauder. I must have interpreted it wrong about it being asymmetrical, there is no way LEGO would do that. Sand blue would definitely work for the build, and crosshair’s imperial outfit is really cool, and customs of his regular outfit are pretty cheap.

2 hours ago, LDigital said:

He mentions the build issues but not how he overcame them

He says he broke down the build, found no errors, put it back together and it worked making me think that there was an error on the first go around that he failed to recognize when breaking the build down and rebuilding it.  He mentions his friend had a different problem with legs and does not specify how his friend corrected it but as neither person had the same issue, I imagine both issues were related to construction errors rather than an actual repeatable issue with the set.

1 hour ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Maybe it's just me but does anyone else think that the Luke's lightsaber is kind of small in proportion to the R2?

Yup, first thing I noticed. But hey, at least it's included.

Overall really nice set with amazing display value. A well worthy and proper rerelease if you ask me. 

11 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Totally agree, sand blue is great for accents against a sea of light and dark bley, but a lot of standard plates and bricks don't yet exist in that colour. Hopefully this new set contain a lot of sand blue pieces and/or expands the parts selection for this colour.

It's definitely sand blue

I’m like 50/50, but someone on IG posted an extremely blurry photo of what they claim is Ahsoka vs Maul. If it is fake, it’s got a pretty convincing bit of it that makes it look like a catalog, and it’s not a new account or anything. That being said, it’s pretty suspicious.

Edit—it’s from Reddit. It might be real, but I sort of think there’s a hidden Nazi term in the username. Not sure what that would mean.

Edited by Brickroll

If that is real, I truly do not understand how a photo can be that blurry.  Like, I know the first round of pics are often blurry (I don't really get that either, I'm not complaining about the leaks, I just don't really understand how these pictures originate), but this is like "Picture taken while jumping off of a diving board" level of blurriness.  

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

I’m like 50/50, but someone on IG posted an extremely blurry photo of what they claim is Ahsoka vs Maul. If it is fake, it’s got a pretty convincing bit of it that makes it look like a catalog, and it’s not a new account or anything. That being said, it’s pretty suspicious.

Edit—it’s from Reddit. It might be real, but I sort of think there’s a hidden Nazi term in the username. Not sure what that would mean.

88 is a Nazi code number but it’s usually written as 1488, not 1988, so I’m leaning towards it just being an unfortunate birth year. In any event it seems like the Maul fig is all red which is an interesting choice for that scene, given that he has robot legs. 

17 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

88 is a Nazi code number but it’s usually written as 1488, not 1988, so I’m leaning towards it just being an unfortunate birth year. In any event it seems like the Maul fig is all red which is an interesting choice for that scene, given that he has robot legs. 

Yes but his bio said its not his birth year. In any case, I think we should wait until someone such as a leaker confirms or denies whether this is fake. It could be this year’s Grievous Starfighter, but it also could be a picture of Ahsoka and Maul photoshopped onto something.

5 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Yes but his bio said its not his birth year. In any case, I think we should wait until someone such as a leaker confirms or denies whether this is fake. It could be this year’s Grievous Starfighter, but it also could be a picture of Ahsoka and Maul photoshopped onto something.

Ooh. I see. Yup probably a Nazi. Anywho yeah the BB shuttle leaks apparently aren’t totally accurate either so I’m not trusting this as far as I can see it, which after it’s beyond a few inches from my face I no longer can. 

Surprised at the lack of hype for the R2 set. It’s class. Only the lightsaber is a disappointment. For £180 I might have to purchase this. Perfect display piece. 

Bring on the summer sets, and the UCS Gunship and AT-AT. 

Promising year for Star Wars it seems after the poor start! Lego don’t let me down when I finally see pictures! 

15 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Surprised at the lack of hype for the R2 set. It’s class. Only the lightsaber is a disappointment. For £180 I might have to purchase this. Perfect display piece. 

Promising year for Star Wars it seems after the poor start! Lego don’t let me down when I finally see pictures! 

It’s probably because this forum is mostly older fans who already got the 2012 version or people like me who can’t afford it. It’s a really nice build I will say that. 

53 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Same. I personally won't get it, since I'm trying to save money and am already planning on getting the troop transport, BB shuttle, and maybe the arquitens (depends on the figures), but it looks great. Much better than the already-good 2012 set, and the lightsaber feature is nice, even if the saber itself is lackluster.

Even though a couple of reviewers said they had trouble with the legs on the R2 model, that mechanism looks seriously impressive. I'd be interested to see just how it all works.

Regarding the lightsaber, I think it's a good representation of Luke's sabre with the available pieces. Yes it's small in comparison with the R2 build but it's limited by the size of the Lego pieces themselves, either it'll be this size with 1x1 pieces or 4x bigger with 2x2 pieces.

The updated R2 looks good but character builds aren't my cup of tea compared to ship builds. That and I'd rather spend the money on summer sets and the UCS Gunship. 

As a sidenote, the post is gone so that adds a bit of credibility imo. 

R2 may be my favourite set of 2021 so far, he really does look fantastic. I think I'll even brave my local Lego Store for him next weekend!

7 hours ago, Gontron said:

The updated R2 looks good but character builds aren't my cup of tea compared to ship builds. That and I'd rather spend the money on summer sets and the UCS Gunship. 

As a sidenote, the post is gone so that adds a bit of credibility imo. 

Nah it was fake, thats why the guy took it down. It was just a zoomed in pic of a fan mock-up, Childish Landino debunked it on his story.

So acc to lego_club_news on IG the asymmetrical fin is real. Stu._d still hasn’t posted the corrections and there’s apparently two speeders in the set now so I’m guessing this is accurate. I’m really hoping the build is killer otherwise because I want the figures but I also don’t want to pay 100 dollars for a garbage ship. I was really hoping this was going to be similar to Krennic’s shuttle in quality but I’m rapidly losing optimism

Edited by hondohnaka