MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Mods, can we do something about this guy?

EDIT: Thanks!

We've seen the set leaks, it's about the same size as the 2012 one. Dude's a troll, he listed his country as "F#$kland"

EDIT: Ladies and gentlemen....we got em.

Yeah I was gonna say I thought it was like 2300 pieces lol. Jeez some people 

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Um. Is this a life-scale R2 lmao? Bc that’s bigger then the freaking Coliseum. 

WHATTTTT! there is no way lol 

46 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Yeah I was gonna say I thought it was like 2300 pieces lol. Jeez some people 

LoL @kong3 said that the UCS AT-AT piece count is 7199525! 🤣🤣🤣 his comment got deleted Oh and he said the set number is going to be 75368 But its most likely not true 

Edited by GermanLad

I think a Star Wars Disney+ CMF series is plausible, but personally, I don’t think the concept works as well as it does for the Marvel series. There isn’t a lot of potential builds to adapt from the Marvel Disney+ shows that would make for interesting sets and every week the Marvel shows have been coming out, people have been scratching their heads at what could possibly be made. A CMF series was the best solution to adapt these relevant shows, and in my opinion, a very smart move to do it at a cheap blind bag price. (A lot of my friends that are Marvel fans but not huge Lego fans will likely enjoy these as much as me.) A D+ Star Wars CMF series would also do really well, but isn’t really necessary because Lego has a lot more options for sets they can make off these shows. There are simply a lot more “cool” vehicles and striking environments that can be adapted into sets compared to Marvel, so far anyway. That’s why the majority of this summer’s Star Wars sets make up what is practically a Disney+ wave, with most of the sets being based off The Mandalorian, TCW Season 7 and Bad Batch, and why Marvel is only getting one D+ set, the What If? mech.

There’s also the problem that we’re due for Disney and Harry Potter Series 3 next year, assuming Lego keeps following the patterns for those respective themes. There wouldn’t be room for a Star Wars CMF, D+ or not. I’d love to be wrong though! Believe me, I’d love a Star Wars minifig series as much as the next guy.

Random side note here, but I’m very curious to see how this Vader Meditation Chamber set pans out. I think most of the other sets are fairly predictable as to how they will be executed, but I’m wondering how the Meditation Chamber will look. Unless the price is wrong, which it very well could be, it’s supposedly $70? I just don’t know what they could do to make the build $70 size. Maybe they’re doing the whole room that the Chamber itself is in?

Edited by The Stud

45 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I think a Star Wars Disney+ CMF series is plausible, but personally, I don’t think the concept works as well as it does for the Marvel series. There isn’t a lot of potential builds to adapt from the Marvel Disney+ shows that would make for interesting sets and every week the Marvel shows have been coming out, people have been scratching their heads at what could possibly be made. A CMF series was the best solution to adapt these relevant shows, and in my opinion, a very smart move to do it at a cheap blind bag price. (A lot of my friends that are Marvel fans but not huge Lego fans will likely enjoy these as much as me.) A D+ Star Wars CMF series would also do really well, but isn’t really necessary because Lego has a lot more options for sets they can make off these shows. There are simply a lot more “cool” vehicles and striking environments that can be adapted into sets compared to Marvel, so far anyway. That’s why the majority of this summer’s Star Wars sets make up what is practically a Disney+ wave, with most of the sets being based off The Mandalorian, TCW Season 7 and Bad Batch, and why Marvel is only getting one D+ set, the What If? mech.

I mean (and avoiding spoilers) there's a scene in Falcon and the Winter Soldier involving a truck, helicopter, and most of the main characters, and if you look at lego marvel all they make are trucks and helicopters! :laugh:

I think a star wars D+ series could work not instead of sets, but in conjunction with them, especially since there's going to be so many shows coming. 

1 hour ago, GermanLad said:

WHATTTTT! there is no way lol 

LoL @kong3 said that the UCS AT-AT piece count is 7199525! 🤣🤣🤣 his comment got deleted Oh and he said the set number is going to be 75368 But its most likely not true 

Yeah, he was just a troll, disregard his info.

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean (and avoiding spoilers) there's a scene in Falcon and the Winter Soldier involving a truck, helicopter, and most of the main characters, and if you look at lego marvel all they make are trucks and helicopters! :laugh:

I’m actually surprised that that’s not what the Disney+ set for Marvel ended up being! That was honestly the only scene from Wandavision or FATWS that was plausible set material for me.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I’m very curious to see how this Vader Meditation Chamber set pans out. I think most of the other sets are fairly predictable as to how they will be executed, but I’m very curious to see how the Meditation Chamber pans out. Unless the price is wrong, which it very well could be, it’s supposedly $70? I just don’t know what they could do to make the build $70 size. Maybe they’re doing the whole room that the Chamber itself is in?

This is pure speculation, but what if they made the Darth Vader figure be in the same scale as the upcoming Harry and Hermione buildable figures and the chamber will be to scale to that?

3 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

This is pure speculation, but what if they made the Darth Vader figure be in the same scale as the upcoming Harry and Hermione buildable figures and the chamber will be to scale to that?

It would be huge.

3 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

It would be waaaaaaay to big to be only $70, it'd have to be hundreds of dollars. I also doubt that we'll ever see star wars figures in the style of those weird giant lego harry potter figures. It seems much more likely that they'd just do one to look like the character itself, not a giant lego minifigure.

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It would be waaaaaaay to big to be only $70, it'd have to be hundreds of dollars. I also doubt that we'll ever see star wars figures in the style of those weird giant lego harry potter figures. It seems much more likely that they'd just do one to look like the character itself, not a giant lego minifigure.

Dude a 24-inch accurate Vader buildable figure that doesn’t use those stupid big Mixel joints but has actual detailing and design…🤩

9 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

It would be huge.

Yeah it would be like a UCS set lol but i think the scale should be a set similar to the darth vader transformation set back in 2017 

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think a star wars D+ series could work not instead of sets, but in conjunction with them, especially since there's going to be so many shows coming. 

Yeah, he was just a troll, disregard his info.

He should get timed out or something right mods? and I think he has two accounts one which is @kong 3 harald and @kong3

There have been a rash of trolls making accounts on EB. If you see a new user that's an obvious troll just report the post and we'll take care of it. Sorry and thank you.

17 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Dude a 24-inch accurate Vader buildable figure that doesn’t use those stupid big Mixel joints but has actual detailing and design…🤩

Yesssssssssssssssss. We need statues of characters other than droids and yodas.

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

There have been a rash of trolls making accounts on EB. If you see a new user that's an obvious troll just report the post and we'll take care of it. Sorry and thank you.

You took that "kong" troll down in like 3 minutes, that's nothing to apologize for! Keep up the good work!

Definitely going to stock up on the sets this summer as much as I can my favorite waves came out when I was younger and couldn’t work yet now those sets are crazy expensive to get one of(2012-2014 to be exact).Planning on doubling on most of the sets to have one sealed .Will probably end up buying the gunship as well hopefully they finally do the bubble turrets justice as a fully enclosed thing.

37 minutes ago, GermanLad said:

ummmm @kong3harald is creating more accounts as i speak there are over 5 of them already he must be stopped at once and how is he still doing this???

He clearly is from the dark side. Can't even get to Darth level lol

Lol could not agree more I was just about to say that lol i wonder if he is even a LEGO fan?

3 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

He clearly is from the dark side. Can't even get to Darth level lol

50 minutes ago, Fnordygem10701 said:

ore the emperor level lol 

sus @kong3harald very sus indeed  :pir-hmpf_bad:

OMG HE IS CREATING MORE ACCOUNTS!!! @3k0ng

In an attempt to move the conversation back on topic (If we keep discussing this guy he gets what he wants), anyone else think they'll reveal the bad batch lego set around may 4th, to coincide with the premiere? maybe a "mando monday" type thing where the merch is shown off a few days before the show?

23 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

In an attempt to move the conversation back on topic (If we keep discussing this guy he gets what he wants), anyone else think they'll reveal the bad batch lego set around may 4th, to coincide with the premiere? maybe a "mando monday" type thing where the merch is shown off a few days before the show?

I think that it has a decent likelihood of happening. May the 4th will be prime time to make Star Wars announcements, especially without Star Wars Celebration for the second year in a row. I could definitely see Lego revealing the Bad Batch set and putting it for pre-order, similar to what they did with the Razor Crest in 2020.

And maybe, just maybe, we’ll get some gameplay, or at the very least just positive news, about The Skywalker Saga as well.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hopefully... I need to see it. 

Btw, when should we expect to see images of the rest of the sets? I'm guessing around mid June.

8 hours ago, The Stud said:

I think that it has a decent likelihood of happening. May the 4th will be prime time to make Star Wars announcements, especially without Star Wars Celebration for the second year in a row. I could definitely see Lego revealing the Bad Batch set and putting it for pre-order, similar to what they did with the Razor Crest in 2020.

And maybe, just maybe, we’ll get some gameplay, or at the very least just positive news, about The Skywalker Saga as well.

Yeah, we might even get kenobi news or a BoBF trailer, too.

4 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

Hopefully... I need to see it. 

Btw, when should we expect to see images of the rest of the sets? I'm guessing around mid June.

Yeah, june. 
Speaking of the BB set, it's rumored on instagram that the set includes hunter's speeder from the trailer and they all use existing helmet molds besides tech. Honestly this seems fine, Hunter and Echo would look fine with normal P2 helmets and wrecker could use the invincible iron man helmet. Only one I'm worried about is crosshair, as I'm not sure if the ARC helmet is still a part available to designers, so we might not get his rangefinder.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A description of the Bad Batch set just got posted in the usual place. Honestly sounds very meh to me.

Any hints as to where?