MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Well, we did have that prototype helmet leak a long time ago. I don't know, omitting the helmets in their flagship set would be so dumb I don't know how they would justify it. What I can see though, is including helmetless versions across a few sets later down the line. There is no way this will be the only Bad Batch set so spreading them across a few sets next year along other characters (Fennec Shand, Rex, Saw Gerrera) would be perfect. But would they have black heads under the helmets then? Honestly, I can't wait to see how have they planned all of this.

42 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

Well, we did have that prototype helmet leak a long time ago. I don't know, omitting the helmets in their flagship set would be so dumb I don't know how they would justify it. What I can see though, is including helmetless versions across a few sets later down the line. There is no way this will be the only Bad Batch set so spreading them across a few sets next year along other characters (Fennec Shand, Rex, Saw Gerrera) would be perfect. But would they have black heads under the helmets then? Honestly, I can't wait to see how have they planned all of this.

Where was that leak? I never saw that.

5 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Where was that leak? I never saw that.

It was on Instagram. An unprinted phase 2 gunmetal grey helmet. Honestly I don't know where you would find it now as it was posted there months, if not almost a year, ago.

Just now, Stefanisimo said:

It was on Instagram. An unprinted phase 2 gunmetal grey helmet. Honestly I don't know where you would find it now as it was posted there months, if not almost a year, ago.

OK.

15 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

So, the new UCS R2 looks great. I'm torn, since I have the 2012 model. If the 3rd leg function is improved, and all of the other features of the original are preserved/improved, it'll be hard to pass this up. I'm also excited to see if the lightsaber actually pops up, or if you have to remove it manually. When can we expect a full reveal?

WOW! where did yo get this info?

4 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

I would bank on that leaked helmet being part of the series of unreleased factory colors (like the rainbow/red Vaders or transparent clone troopers), not part of the Bad Batch set...

Question, and if this is the wrong thread someone yell at me, but does May 4 have double VIP?  Also I've heard the gunship is coming out Sep 15, is that correct?

Edited by hondohnaka

Well they had it last year so I think they should have it this year I don't know why they would not.

1 hour ago, Childish_Landino said:

I would bank on that leaked helmet being part of the series of unreleased factory colors (like the rainbow/red Vaders or transparent clone troopers), not part of the Bad Batch set...

I agree that seems very likable 

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Question, and if this is the wrong thread someone yell at me, but does May 4 have double VIP?

For Star Wars sets, yes.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You could justify it by making a potential Star Wars cmf Disney plus based and giving us the characters with the new helmets 

But what exactly? the other Disney+ shows are far from happening anytime soon maybe 2 years from now, does LEGO even do stuff that early?

23 minutes ago, GermanLad said:

But what exactly? the other Disney+ shows are far from happening anytime soon maybe 2 years from now, does LEGO even do stuff that early?

Bad batch, clone wars, Mandalorian , Andor. There is your four shows

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

And Kenobi and Book of Boba Fett (which is separate to Mandalorian). Kenobi is in production and Boba Fett is coming out this year. The next CMF we haven't heard about won't be until next year.

16 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok so are you saying that they are making molds that early for the shows that you listed? 

9 minutes ago, GermanLad said:

Ok so are you saying that they are making molds that early for the shows that you listed? 

I will not put words in @Falconfan1414 mouth, but I think he is listing those as possibilities.

We do know that Lego is generally designing most sets for retail sale at least a year, and sometimes more, in advance of when they are on shelves.  The speculation and leaks around set lists that can be at least 6 months, if not 8 - 12 month, in advance of sales helps support this.

That said, we are veering into speculation and wish-listing here which is for the other thread.   So, I will stop there.

Cheers :)

Ok Cheers to you as well! :D

Does anyone think that they are going to bring back captain rex since he will be in the bad batch? 

1 hour ago, GermanLad said:

Ok Cheers to you as well! :D

Does anyone think that they are going to bring back captain rex since he will be in the bad batch? 

I want to say yes because it makes sense, but at this point Rex and Cody not being made is lowkey a meme and I have to wonder if Lego is doing it on purpose 

I think I said this earlier, but Lego knows any set with Rex or Cody will sell great (just look at the prices for P2 Rex alone). They're saving them for when they have a set they don't think will sell well. 

7 minutes ago, Gontron said:

I think I said this earlier, but Lego knows any set with Rex or Cody will sell great (just look at the prices for P2 Rex alone). They're saving them for when they have a set they don't think will sell well. 

I can’t find any reasonable explanation as to why would they even produce a set thinking it might not sell well

On 4/17/2021 at 3:54 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Why would they not do helmets? Did I miss this info?

It was one of those things where a fake leak turned into speculation that then became a "real" leak, if I remember correctly. I believe a fake leak or mock-up of a BB shuttle set was posted on #legoleaks and in it the figures didn't have their helmets. Then people started speculating it might not happen, and just like the 2021 death star two, a fake leak became a "real" rumor. Unlike the 2021 DS2, this is actually possible, though I wouldn't bet on it.

23 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You could justify it by making a potential Star Wars cmf Disney plus based and giving us the characters with the new helmets 

Is this speculation, or are you saying this is happening?

21 hours ago, GermanLad said:

I mean, bad batch and BoBf are this year, plus they could do stuff for mando and clone wars s7, and Andor and/or kenobi aren't far off either.

6 minutes ago, kong3 said:

75367 - R2-D2 9805 pieces

Um. Is this a life-scale R2 lmao? Bc that’s bigger then the freaking Coliseum. 

10 minutes ago, kong3 said:

75367 - R2-D2 9805 pieces

Mods, can we do something about this guy?

EDIT: Thanks!

3 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Um. Is this a life-scale R2 lmao? Bc that’s bigger then the freaking Coliseum. 

We've seen the set leaks, it's about the same size as the 2012 one. Dude's a troll, he listed his country as "F#$kland"

EDIT: Ladies and gentlemen....we got em.

Edited by Mandalorianknight