MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

29 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Speak for yourself.

My sarcasm clearly failed sadly. 

@Brickroll I imagine it’s nothing really that good that’s meant the leakers aren’t revealing the info (my guess, of course) 

Wait, MandR is allowed to share info but doesn't? Why? *huh* Sure, he doesn't have to, but it's still a bit selfish to hold back that information for no good reason. Is it really that entertaining to watch us guessing blindly?

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Wait, MandR is allowed to share info but doesn't? Why? *huh* Sure, he doesn't have to, but it's still a bit selfish to hold back that information for no good reason. Is it really that entertaining to watch us guessing blindly?

For someone that cynical, it probably is. :sad:

16 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

For someone that cynical, it probably is. :sad:

Maybe :shrug_oh_well: Well, then let's continue to entertain our evil shadowy overlords :snicker:

Judging by the fact that nobody rushed in to share that info, I think it's safe to assume it's nothing particularly newsworthy. So a set based on Mando, TCW, or The Bad Batch can probably be ruled out. @Brickroll might be on the right track with his "home or hut" idea, seems like the ideal price point for something in that style. When in doubt, OT is always a safe bet :tongue:

My ideal $30 'home or hut' would be some sort of Jedi Council room - they could fit in all the seats, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and maybe Yoda or a clone trooper.

I normally defend MandR cause I think the hate for him is kinda overblown, but...if he can tell us what the set is and just doesn't want to.. thats pretty crappy

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname
Me am not spell word wright

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Again, and once again I say this as someone who finds MandR pretty annoying most of the time, I think he's just trolling.

27 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

My ideal $30 'home or hut' would be some sort of Jedi Council room - they could fit in all the seats, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and maybe Yoda or a clone trooper.

No way they fit all the seats in there for $30. Given the massive amount of prequel sets this wave already, I'm guessing a smaller TROS or OT set.

14 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I normally defend MandR cause I think the hate for him is kinda overblown, but...if he can tell us what the set is and just doesn't want to.. thats pretty crappy

What's crappy is that there's hate at all - for any LEGO content creator.

I reserve my hatred for hollywood baby f**kers, mass murderers and politicians...you know, the reeeel bad guys.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Given the massive amount of prequel sets this wave already, I'm guessing a smaller TROS or OT set.

Don‘t give me hope :cry2: I still haven‘t fully recovered from the utter betrayal that was last year‘s Death Star Duel set. The opportunity for a Duel on Exegol set was RIGHT THERE and they skipped it in favour of a mirrored rehash :tongue:

At least here in the US, it seems like stores have finally started to get their supply chain under control.  I still have yet to see the TIE and Imperial Shutter, but stores near me have finally had the X-Wing and Trouble on Tatooine reliably in stock, and plenty of the 2020 summer wave sets.  I saw Grievous' fighter for the first time in a while today, and stores have had ample supply of the AAT and 501st Troopers.  Just hope that this carries over to the summer wave and they can get the supply out there, because clearly the demand is higher than ever.

2 minutes ago, lowlead said:

I reserve my hatred for hollywood baby f**kers, mass murderers and politicians...you know, the reeeel bad guys.

Hate is maybe the wrong word. Disdain or revulsion might be better.

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

At least here in the US, it seems like stores have finally started to get their supply chain under control.  I still have yet to see the TIE and Imperial Shutter, but stores near me have finally had the X-Wing and Trouble on Tatooine reliably in stock, and plenty of the 2020 summer wave sets.  I saw Grievous' fighter for the first time in a while today, and stores have had ample supply of the AAT and 501st Troopers.  Just hope that this carries over to the summer wave and they can get the supply out there, because clearly the demand is higher than ever.

Yeah, my order of 75299 and 75266 just came in today - I ordered them back in March.

18 minutes ago, lowlead said:

I second this. I don't really understand the hate for someone who provides mostly quality info from what I've seen.

It seems to me like people dislike him just for the sake of it, or maybe because his content might appeal to a younger audience.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Given the massive amount of prequel sets this wave already, I'm guessing a smaller TROS or OT set.

Is there even a single prequel set this year? Unless you mean the UCS gunship, which is not part of the wave, or the Mandalorian throne room, which is merely from the same era. I'd love to see at least one real PT set.

43 minutes ago, jcn said:

I second this. I don't really understand the hate for someone who provides mostly quality info from what I've seen.

It seems to me like people dislike him just for the sake of it, or maybe because his content might appeal to a younger audience.

There’s a couple major reasons I’ve seen. 

1. He complains A LOT in his reviews. People find this petty and I can see the argument but tbh we are indirectly paying him to review a product (ad revenue) and I’d like to know all the flaws. Some of his criticisms are majorly petty (box art consistency?? because that affects the set??) but still. 

2. His campaigns. Personally, I love the 501st pack bc I just got out of my dark ages and just saw TCW so unironically thanks for being a stubborn troll Ryan. I do see how annoying they can be tho. 

3.  There’s an element of appealing to children. 

4. He’s kinda cocky and people don’t like that???

Anyway this whole discussion is so bloody middle school. The set will be what the set is and we’ll find out in a month or three. Chill. 

I think we should all be grateful that we have rumour lists at all. Like someone else said, since no one is talking about it, the set probably won't be too special.

By the way, since there's supposedly no $30 battlepack this summer, do you think they will go back to making $15 battlepacks in the winter?

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

Is there even a single prequel set this year? Unless you mean the UCS gunship, which is not part of the wave, or the Mandalorian throne room, which is merely from the same era. I'd love to see at least one real PT set.

Unless the $30 set is a prequel set (my completely uninformed guess of what it is is that it is (by that confusing yet correct sentence I mean I think it will be a true PT set)), there is no rumoured PT set besides the gunship, unless you count the Vader helmet and R2D2.

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

I think Lego classify TCW as prequel. Explains the lack of AOTC sets and ‘prequel’ sets more generally. Makes sense just for fans of those three films it’s a tad frustrating. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

1 hour ago, BigA_7 said:

I think we should all be grateful that we have rumour lists at all. Like someone else said, since no one is talking about it, the set probably won't be too special.

By the way, since there's supposedly no $30 battlepack this summer, do you think they will go back to making $15 battlepacks in the winter?

Or maybe it's SO special, they're holding off on talking about it until it gets released!:sarcasm:

2 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Or maybe it's SO special, they're holding off on talking about it until it gets released!:sarcasm:

I know that was meant jokingly, but between now and the set releases there will be a lack of news for SW rumours so it could be used to fill that gap for leakers’ content if it is interesting, hence why they are not disclosing it by choice

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don‘t give me hope :cry2: I still haven‘t fully recovered from the utter betrayal that was last year‘s Death Star Duel set. The opportunity for a Duel on Exegol set was RIGHT THERE and they skipped it in favour of a mirrored rehash :tongue:

It wasn't even the duel, which would have been interesting, it's just the tractor beam thing and cannon.

5 hours ago, lowlead said:

And Lawyers! :laugh:

4 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

...yeah, there are a lot of prequel era sets this year. This upcoming wave is plurality TCW which is prequel era, and yeah ofc there's the gunship too.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:22 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

It’s like watching a bunch of school kids who never grew up.

This is exactly why so many people I met from the community are no longer there.

I remember the communities I used to run used to have a respectable age range from 15-45 year olds all actively chilling and able to share experiences while having lego and upcoming sets as the uniting topic that brought us together. I remember so many nights where we would share stories about travel, cuisine and culture after an image or new set info would leak and thats the kind of thing that got me into leaks when I was an awkward and lonely teenager.

People started splitting when the toxicity of information and elitism started coming up, suddenly you were allowed to act like a pompous douche just because you had info no one else did? Its a mindset that still exists to this day even with the smallest leak. It astounds me how alot of these guys are roughly my age and yet haven't moved an inch in their personality after all these years.

Im at a stage where if I see the pictures, ill be happy but im not going to actively hunt or beg for them because eventually they come out and till then I have plenty of other things in life to keep me busy.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:22 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

Look at me ranting about immaturity on a toy forum, I need to stop wasting my life on this shit. 

If you feel that way, take a step back away from all this and after some time has passed, ask yourself if you want to come back to it. That's what I did and now I only ever come to get my account removed/banned/post quote filled to change my name. Cant use my Internet name without people finding this on a Google search and this amazing forum doesn't have a basic account removal feature.

Edited by SCREDEYE

16 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

I only ever come to get my account removed/banned/post quote filled to change my name. Cant use my Internet name without people finding this on a Google search and this amazing forum doesn't have a basic account removal feature.

You could ask to have your name changed in this thread. As for getting banned, there are many ways by which you could do it, but I will let you decide for yourself how to proceed in that regard! 

2 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I know that was meant jokingly, but between now and the set releases there will be a lack of news for SW rumours so it could be used to fill that gap for leakers’ content if it is interesting, hence why they are not disclosing it by choice

That could well be the case, there has to be a reason MandR voluntarily relinquishes the opportunity for a scoop video :shrug_oh_well: 

However, it’s also a bit of a gamble. As we’ve seen before, sets can sometimes leak or get revealed out of nowhere, so holding back info for strategic purposes can backfire if it gets out elsewhere :grin:

I'll have a crack at that one. The shine is wearing off and in a couple of years Lego won't be on his radar. He's already said before now that his interest has been financial rather than with any real interest in the subject matter or the product. He just managed to find an audience that got him paid enough.

He's already started to try and review Black Series stuff and move into reviewing other collectibles. Horribly. There are people who have good knowledge of Star Wars as well as particular products and if you don't know a great deal about either you're not going to last.

Edited by Robianco