MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

15 minutes ago, Stonks Market said:

What does the 50 on the R2-D2 plaque mean?

It’s a limited production run with a numbered plate. The first 50 are kept for lego employees, set vault, press photos and the like. 

R2d2 superb i want it .... hurry ti discover other ucs 2021 .....

Oui belle finition et pas trop onéreux 

The R2 looks really good. The head is a lot smoother than its predecessor and I love the inclusion of the lightsaber popper.

3 hours ago, MandRproductions said:

Surprise shawty 

---snowspeeder was not the exclusive------

So clearly some people know what it is, and just can't say specifically for fear of their sources being found out. 

New R2 looks great, significant improvement on the already superb 2012 set. The lightsaber popper function and lucasfilm 50th plaque are nice additions, too.

7 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Also, that minifig R2 head looks a bit shinier than usual. Any chance it's not the usual metallic pearl color?

To me it looks like light bluish grey in colour, simply because the dome matches the grey elements on the cylindrical part

7 hours ago, LDigital said:

Ok, any clues who to look for on insta? Would that be allowed?

You can go to r/legostarwars and sort by the "leak" flair.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

---snowspeeder was not the exclusive------

So clearly some people know what it is, and just can't say specifically for fear of their sources being found out. 

New R2 looks great, significant improvement on the already superb 2012 set. The lightsaber popper function and lucasfilm 50th plaque are nice additions, too.

No, we literally just don't want to share. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Nah these people just like being part of a club where they know things before we do. The info is out there, that much has been made clear, we just don’t know where to look and nobody will tell us. It’s been this way for years, it’s not changing any time soon.

24 minutes ago, MandRproductions said:

No, we literally just don't want to share. 

Case in point.

18 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Nah these people just like being part of a club where they know things before we do. The info is out there, that much has been made clear, we just don’t know where to look and nobody will tell us. It’s been this way for years, it’s not changing any time soon.

You're painting with a rather broad brush there. And it's not so much a matter of not knowing where to look, as knowing the right people, and treating those people with respect. "Respect" includes not sharing things publicly when asked/told not to. 

I do not personally agree with MandR's post above, but I will say there's also less and less upside to sharing things here. There is inevitably conflicting information out there, given all the fake lists floating around, so posting "This set is X" just opens you up to a ton of second-guessing ("but so-and-so on Insta said something different 3 months ago and he has an Insta account so clearly I believe him over you..."), and if your info turns out to be even slightly wrong, a half-dozen people will fall over themselves to tell you you're an idiot. Thanks, but... no.

9 hours ago, LDigital said:

Innocent question but why does nobody ever post pics or links to pics in this thread? Is it agains the rules? I can’t find any of this info about the lightsaber function 

Posting leaked photos or links to leaked photos is not allowed on EB. This helps us stay in good standing with Lego and allows us to get "free" Lego to give away as prizes.

9 hours ago, LDigital said:

Ok, any clues who to look for on insta? Would that be allowed?

Telling people how to find the pics is okay. Just don't post direct links

16 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

You're painting with a rather broad brush there. And it's not so much a matter of not knowing where to look, as knowing the right people, and treating those people with respect. "Respect" includes not sharing things publicly when asked/told not to. 

I’ve been paying attention to these leaks long enough to know that those “broad strokes” aren’t as broad as you’re implying. Most of the people putting the info out there give off the vibe that they’re part of a clique, there’s no denying it. “Yes I’ve seen pictures. No I don’t remember everything your asking. Oh you’ve seen pictures too? Looks good, doesn’t it. You haven’t seen pictures? It’ll get to you... eventually.” Yeah it’s nice to know what releases are coming up but after years of this culture I’m ready to drop all this and just take the info as it comes from LEGO. It’s like watching a bunch of school kids who never grew up. I know that for every person who does post a leak there’s dozens more out there who don’t say anything like they’re supposed to, I don’t have an issue with those people since they’re not actively targeting others with what they post. 

Look at me ranting about immaturity on a toy forum, I need to stop wasting my life on this shit. 

4 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’ve been paying attention to these leaks long enough to know that those “broad strokes” aren’t as broad as you’re implying. Most of the people putting the info out there give off the vibe that they’re part of a clique, there’s no denying it. “Yes I’ve seen pictures. No I don’t remember everything your asking. Oh you’ve seen pictures too? Looks good, doesn’t it. You haven’t seen pictures? It’ll get to you... eventually.” Yeah it’s nice to know what releases are coming up but after years of this culture I’m ready to drop all this and just take the info as it comes from LEGO. It’s like watching a bunch of school kids who never grew up. I know that for every person who does post a leak there’s dozens more out there who don’t say anything like they’re supposed to, I don’t have an issue with those people since they’re not actively targeting others with what they post. 

Look at me ranting about immaturity on a toy forum, I need to stop wasting my life on this shit. 

This is a legitimate criticism tbh. The secrecy surrounding all this is really bloody annoying for what is, essentially, a child’s toy. Everyone’s still gonna buy it whether we know about it in advance or not, there’s no reason for Lego to be so uptight about what they’re releasing and there’s DEFINITELY no reason for people to play coy with what they know. Either say you know nothing or say what you know. 

ETA: Lego acts like their releases are some sort of critical secret. I understand this mentality for films, if spoilers get out people are less likely to watch a movie, but for a toy? Come on. It’s dumb. 

Edited by hondohnaka

LEGO is a company with a release and marketing plan, agreed to with Licensing partners when Licenses are involved. It makes sense that they stick to their plans. The difference between them and probably other toy brands even is that there's this whole internet culture of always wanting to be up on everything and know what's coming, so we get this leak atmosphere, and then people think LEGO is being dumb when something has leaked but they won't reveal it until they reach that point in their schedule. Actually, it's the AFOLs being dumb whining about it! Yes LEGO makes mistakes and stuffs it up sometimes too, but overall, you can't blame them for setting a schedule and sticking to it.

The good thing is that, with a bit of time, we all get to know everything. Yeah it's an intoxicating feeling to be on the "inside" of leaks and know information in advance, and it's fun to discuss. It's annoying and childish and petty when some people know stuff and rub it in your face that they're not telling you. But sooner or later, we all see what there is to see.

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Case in point.

I would also like to mention that not a lot of people want to put information out there that might be false or half baked. I don't know of very many 'leakers' that truly know every move in all of Lego's departments, Lego's releases may change and those with information do not want to be looked at as not credible. 

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Case in point.

I say this as someone who is NOT a fan of MandR, I'm like 95% sure that he was joking.

Speaking of these leaks, does anyone know the gunship release date?

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I say this as someone who is NOT a fan of MandR, I'm like 95% sure that he was joking.

Speaking of these leaks, does anyone know the gunship release date?

In fairness it's never been easy to get sarcasm across on the Internet!

September springs to mind for the gunship but I'm not sure if that's from a reliable source or just the EB rumour telephone game. 

4 hours ago, MandRproductions said:

I've "been allowed" to share for months. I choose not to. But please continue to put words in my mouth. 

We love you Ryan. After all we wouldn’t know the summer wave if you did not provide it. Very intrigued to hear this unknown set at some point. 

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Sounds like the remaining 5% was right.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Sounds like the remaining 5% was right.

Bingo. 

Ya know, sometimes I wonder which leakers are Deep Throating (NOT the sex term, the guy in All the President’s Men and Watergate, Mark Felt) us, by waiting for the right time for the info to be most impactful, and which are just trolls with info. I’m not pointing names here or anything, just something I’m curious about. 
To keep this on topic, I think the 30$ set will be something we really aren’t expecting. We can rule out:

Snowspeeder

Jedi Interceptor

Battle Pack, since it is retail exclusive

I could see it being:

A home or hut, but the Lars homestead couldn’t really be that small

A small Naboo starfighter in the new style

A terrain set like the 2014 one with the BARC trooper.

I’m really just not sure.