MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I will be very surprised if the $30US retail exclusive isn’t a Snowspeeder. 

Yes, especially if the $800 set turns out to be the UCS AT - AT. I can see a Snowspeeder about the size of the 2014 set (75049).

7 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I will be very surprised if the $30US retail exclusive isn’t a Snowspeeder. 

I'm not sure they'd make such a popular ship a store exclusive though. The argument of it being on shelves at the same time as the AT-AT kinda goes out the window if they'll only be on the same shelves in one store...

On the flip side, if that were the case I would hope it being a store exclusive would entice them to add something more interesting to the set - maybe like the Wampa cave from a few years back. 

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

R2-D2 has made it to Instagram. It's certainly rounder.

And it has a feature where you can eject Luke's lightsabre à la ROTJ. That's pretty great.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

10 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

R2-D2 has made it to Instagram. It's certainly rounder.

And it has a feature where you can eject Luke's lightsabre à la ROTJ. That's pretty great.

Looks fantastic, actually. 

Well I'll be damned, the new R2 is a significant improvement over the old one. Maybe I'll mod the new features into the old one.

The new R2 looks good. I love the inclusion of Luke's lightsaber and the extendable head camera. I wonder what other features it might hide, hopefully it has the rocket boosters and his various tools

Edited by ToaDraco

I'll be damned. This new model has some improvements over the old one. Can't afford the space or money to get this new version, though, but it's hella tempting.

Also, that minifig R2 head looks a bit shinier than usual. Any chance it's not the usual metallic pearl color?

Innocent question but why does nobody ever post pics or links to pics in this thread? Is it agains the rules? I can’t find any of this info about the lightsaber function 

This one puts the old R2 to shame, despite it already being a good model :thumbup: Can‘t wait to see more details!

Just now, LDigital said:

Innocent question but why does nobody ever post pics or links to pics in this thread? Is it agains the rules? I can’t find any of this info about the lightsaber function 

It is. Posting leaked images or links to them is strictly prohibited on EB, for good reason :classic:

The dome looks really good, there's a side by side pic with the 2012 version and the new one looks much less blocky.  I also quite like the Homestead build.

Edited by Kit Figsto

12 minutes ago, LDigital said:

Ok, any clues who to look for on insta? Would that be allowed?

90% of the time they end up on a hashtag that rhymes with mego meeks. There are also a few people who occasionally drop hints (but not pictures) there, like falconfan or azani. That said the pictures don't tend to hang around, especially with Star Wars stuff, since the Mouse is always watching.

The homestead looks cute. I might wait until that's available before getting the Scout Trooper, I'm sure I can fill my cart up to meet the threshold.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

A higher res picture of Tatooine Homestead has been published (confirmed GWP with SW purchases over $85). Nice to see some depth and elevation. Still, Endor and Hoth were nicer and in scale with each other.

5 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I really like the new R2-D2, very tempting purchase now. Has there been any word on price? The last one was $180, so I'm assuming $200 for this one?

I believe $200 is what was floating around.

R2 looks great, but it looks like the base of his dome has a slightly wider diameter than his body? Hoping that's just some weirdness from lower quality photos combined with his head being slightly rotated.

14 minutes ago, Stonks Market said:

What does the 50 on the R2-D2 plaque mean?

Obviously, it is the price.

Denominated in Bitcoins. madame_de_galles.gif