MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I have it from a reliable source that the Tatooine Homestead GWP will be with purchases of $85 or higher. Not tied to a specific set.

Thanks! Good to know in advance and plan some purchase on May the 4th. Do we know which 2021 sets will be released by then?

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I have it from a reliable source that the Tatooine Homestead GWP will be with purchases of $85 or higher. Not tied to a specific set.

Great!

1 hour ago, storskogen said:

Thanks! Good to know in advance and plan some purchase on May the 4th. Do we know which 2021 sets will be released by then?

I think the helmets, probe droid and whatever the May UCS is (R2-D2?) are the only ones coming between now and then.

2 hours ago, TheScaryDoor said:

Sounds good that it is not tied to a specific set. Do you know by any change if there will be also double VIP-points for Star Wars sets?

2 hours ago, storskogen said:

Sorry, I don't know which sets will be on sale or about double VIP points.

55 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I think the helmets, probe droid and whatever the May UCS is (R2-D2?) are the only ones coming between now and then.

There’s some fragment of a chance that the Bad Batch shuttle will be released that day to go with the show but I doubt it. 

27 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

There’s some fragment of a chance that the Bad Batch shuttle will be released that day to go with the show but I doubt it. 

Yeah, not confident on that one. I feel like it getting revealed is reasonably likely, but I imagine it will be analogous to the Razor Crest and released with the rest in summer (which I presume is August?).

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

I'm 80-90% sure bad batch will be officially announced right around may fourth, but the set will still release in august. Similar to last year's AT-AT.

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Yeah, not confident on that one. I feel like it getting revealed is reasonably likely, but I imagine it will be analogous to the Razor Crest and released with the rest in summer (which I presume is August?).

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm 80-90% sure bad batch will be officially announced right around may fourth, but the set will still release in august. Similar to last year's AT-AT.

Yeah this makes sense. Probably available for pre-order or something. 

Is there any chance for unexpected set like Resistence I-TS Transport in the summer? 

2 hours ago, Duke27 said:

Is there any chance for unexpected set like Resistence I-TS Transport in the summer? 

There's always a chance, 75303 just simply dropped off the radar entirely, so it could be used for something, but we obviously won't know until further leaks come out. 

On 3/31/2021 at 2:17 AM, GlacierPhoenix said:

It would likely be Omega as they would want to get all the new characters included. 

But isn't the set based off the Bad Batch arc in Clone Wars S7?

Edited by BigA_7

1 minute ago, BigA_7 said:

But isn't the set based off the Bad Batch arc in Clone Wars S7?

It (assuming we are talking about the Bad Batch shuttle set) is based on the upcoming Bad Batch TV series, which will start on May the 4th on Disney Plus.

18 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

It (assuming we are talking about the Bad Batch shuttle set) is based on the upcoming Bad Batch TV series, which will start on May the 4th on Disney Plus.

We don't know that. It was definitely produced to tie in at least somewhat with the upcoming show, but since it's just the shuttle and the rumored figures are just the five batch members, it's likely that it's more of a generic thing that could be for either CW S7 or BB. I'm inclined to think it's more vague than being based on the show, especially since it sounded like the figure leaks are just the batch in their main armors, but (Speculation, but supported by enough evidence that it could be a spoiler)

Spoiler

crosshair isn't with the batch in any trailer shots besides the opening kamino ones and one imperial looks a LOT like him, meaning it's likely he'll be a villain by the end of the first episode.

6 hours ago, Duke27 said:

Is there any chance for unexpected set like Resistance I-TS Transport in the summer? 

There always is! Currently there's a $30 set with unknown contents, and there's always a chance a random set pops up.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We don't know that. It was definitely produced to tie in at least somewhat with the upcoming show, but since it's just the shuttle and the rumored figures are just the five batch members, it's likely that it's more of a generic thing that could be for either CW S7 or BB. I'm inclined to think it's more vague than being based on the show, especially since it sounded like the figure leaks are just the batch in their main armors, but (Speculation, but supported by enough evidence that it could be a spoiler)

I stand corrected then, interesting to know. I wasn't aware the main bad batch characters were in CW at all, having not seen the last seasons.

Edited by Stuartn

18 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

So there’s a chance it will be lower than $200 here given $US85 is about $111?

So I could be completely off the mark on this, but going by the two week reveal-to-release timeframe for Ideas Winnie the Pooh, I think we can probably expect R2-D2 to be revealed on or around April 20th. I believe that lines up with the reveal date for the A-Wing last year too? 

On 4/9/2021 at 11:31 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

To update that info, in the weeks since that comment we got an image of the head from a lego designer video and it is not the same as the old one.

So how many pieces do you think it will have? my guess is around 3k because of all of those slopes on top 

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

the rumored figures are just the five batch members

So are there gonna be 5 figures or 6?

4 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

So there’s a chance it will be lower than $200 here given $US85 is about $111?

Um, yes? Not exactly sure how it will translate into AU currency.

2 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

There was an extremely vague rumor at one point that there was the possibility of a sixth figure. The predominant guess at the time was Anakin or Rex, but it was never really followed through on. 

If there's a 6th figure, the absolute best-possible outcome might be Fennec Shand or Saw Gerrera. Tarkin is also plausible and I wouldn't complain. That's pretty much all of the known characters if it's based on Star Wars: The Bad Batch, and not the story arc from CW.

If anyone's still looking for it, the Razor Crest is up rn. Just noticed it and thought I'd mention. 

4 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

There was an extremely vague rumor at one point that there was the possibility of a sixth figure. The predominant guess at the time was Anakin or Rex, but it was never really followed through on. 

As far as I know, this show takes place after ROTS, so Anakin wouldn't really work there. 

Regarding the sixth figure, it seems best to just temper expectations.  IF Rex and Fennec are major parts of the show, and the show does well, it's reasonable to hope that they will eventually come as figures if not in this set, but since all that we know is it's just five figures, treat anything more as a bonus.  

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

If anyone's still looking for it, the Razor Crest is up rn. Just noticed it and thought I'd mention. 

Thanks, I'll probably grab one.

14 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I stand corrected then, interesting to know. I wasn't aware the main bad batch characters were in CW at all, having not seen the last seasons.

Yeah, they're heavily featured in roughly 1/3 of season 7. 

8 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

The current rumors have said it's just five figures, the five bad batch members.