MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

39 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Two things:

One: I just realize that if they don’t put the Bad Batch helmets in the HV (if this rumor is true), then we will almost certainly get more sets, which I see as a fair trade off.
Two: I’m kind of worried about if we will end up with some kind of Cyberpunk 2077 or Avengers game thing with the Skywalker Saga. It’ll keep getting delayed, and we will keep building up hype for it, and then it will be disappointing.

That's make sense! But on the other hand, it seems like Disney very likes to support its products such as movies/cartoons,series,so it's hard to believe they will not make more sets of Bad Batch

By the way,people don't talk much about that here,but i'm pretty excited to get the information about future advent calendar set.Especially intresting what troopers they will add to it (there are usually 1-2 of troopers in advent calendar)

1 hour ago, Duke27 said:

That's make sense! But on the other hand, it seems like Disney very likes to support its products such as movies/cartoons,series,so it's hard to believe they will not make more sets of Bad Batch

By the way,people don't talk much about that here,but i'm pretty excited to get the information about future advent calendar set.Especially intresting what troopers they will add to it (there are usually 1-2 of troopers in advent calendar)

I wonder if they’ll do Christmas sweater Boba with his new helmet for Book of Boba Fett. Just a thought. 

Just wanted to say that the gray helmet isn't necessarily for the Bad Batch set.  I agree that the timing probably would line up with that set, but there's numerous examples of prototypes in random colors made all of the time that don't have any real relevance to a set.  It could just be a case that someone took a picture of it and a leaker thought it was indicative of a Bad Batch helmet.  I agree it would be very strange for them to not have helmets, but I'm just saying that the helmet picture doesn't confirm or deny anything.

3 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I haven't bought a LEGO game on release for a long time, have any been delayed this badly before?

Nope this is the first time. It's understandable with the pandemic and all that but it's the huge lack of communication that's pissing off the fans now.

It's understandable not giving a release date at this point as they'd only be setting people up for more disappointment if that future date also isn't met. Much better to wait until they're sure rather than continuing the cycle of announcement/postponement.

9 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

I wonder if they’ll do Christmas sweater Boba with his new helmet for Book of Boba Fett. Just a thought. 

I think the advent calendar figures were rumoured as Anakin, Luke and Rey in two variants each, but I cannot be sure and Boba Fett seems likely as a candidate for a Christmas figure.

14 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

They didn't even try to give a release date.

So they would delay it again?

The game will be finished when it's finished. They said they'll give us further information as soon as they can.

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope this is the first time. It's understandable with the pandemic and all that but it's the huge lack of communication that's pissing off the fans now.

If there's nothing to communicate outside of 'we can't meet the deadline' then they shouldn't be communicating anything else. They're handling it well; unlike CDP / CDPR who were churning out Cyberpunk 2077 marketing to hype up the audience while the game was being continually delayed as the development team slip further behind schedule, knowing they can't meet the expectations being set by the marketing department. It's also not just the pandemic, they're building this game on a new engine which is a notoriously difficult process that almost always holds up development even in a non-pandemic situation. I can't imagine how difficult it must be developing the game in the current circumstances. I understand you may not be complaining yourself, but it's worth putting this out there because clearly a lot of people need to hear it.

14 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

They didn't even try to give a release date.

What good would it do if they did?

21 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

If Boba is being included, what better variant than the one that actually appeared in the original Holiday Special? It'll never happen but one can dream.

Concerning the helmets of the Bad Batch, I think Hunter and Echo could probably use the existing Phase II helmet with new printing. Wrecker could use the Mandalorian helmet if no new mould will be introduced for him. Crosshair could use the Flametrooper helmet with new printing, but then he would not have a rangefinder. Only Tech truly needs a new mould. 

On 4/1/2021 at 4:25 PM, Gontron said:

I somehow don't doubt that Lego would skip out on the helmets considering they did for Rex, Gregor, and Wolfe in the Rebels AT-TE set, two of which would've required a new print only. 

There's a difference there, as in those episodes the clones didn't wear their helmets most of the time. Rex went on to wear his often in the latter part of the show, but for the episode the AT-TE is based on they didn't wear their helmets for most of it.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:56 AM, FeepoGerbin said:

This is correct, a gunmetal grey clone helmet did leak as a test mold for Hunter long before the set was announced. Some people theorized that it was actually an unprinted Gree helmet, but this is untrue, as his is silver plastic.

I’m gonna hold out faith that they’ll have helmets. If they don’t, I’ll be VERY unhappy.

Yeah, they definitely have their helmets.

On 4/2/2021 at 12:30 PM, hondohnaka said:

The phrasing here gave me the sudden idea of a princess bride type thing for book of boba fett, where the episodes are flashbacks bracketed by an elderly boba sitting there in a sweater reading "the book of boba fett" to Fennec or his kid or whatever. :grin:

15 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I think the advent calendar figures were rumoured as Anakin, Luke and Rey in two variants each, but I cannot be sure and Boba Fett seems likely as a candidate for a Christmas figure.

Wait, when? I don't think we've ever had multiple character variants in an advent calendar before, this would be interesting.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The phrasing here gave me the sudden idea of a princess bride type thing for book of boba fett, where the episodes are flashbacks bracketed by an elderly boba sitting there in a sweater reading "the book of boba fett" to Fennec or his kid or whatever. :grin:

If they somehow threw out any remaining pretense of Star Wars being a franchise that takes itself seriously and did that I would be over the moon. Princess Bride is amazing. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There's a difference there, as in those episodes the clones didn't wear their helmets most of the time. Rex went on to wear his often in the latter part of the show, but for the episode the AT-TE is based on they didn't wear their helmets for most of it.

Yeah, they definitely have their helmets.

I don’t think even TLG is insane enough to not put their helmets in. I’ve seen arguments revolving around Sabine but Sabine spends a lot more time with her helmet off in comparison to the BB. Hair pieces I think is a bit out there as a possibility but if there’s no helms they’ve actually lost their minds. 

18 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

If they somehow threw out any remaining pretense of Star Wars being a franchise that takes itself seriously and did that I would be over the moon. Princess Bride is amazing. 

Yup, it's a great film. Maybe they could even do what they did with deadpool and have Boba Fett kidnap the guy who played the kid in that film and forcibly read him the book of boba fett. :roflmao:

19 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

I don’t think even TLG is insane enough to not put their helmets in. I’ve seen arguments revolving around Sabine but Sabine spends a lot more time with her helmet off in comparison to the BB. Hair pieces I think is a bit out there as a possibility but if there’s no helms they’ve actually lost their minds. 

another thing people don't seem to remember is that only 60% of the bad batch would use hair pieces in the first place, since Wrecker and echo are bald. It'd be really strange if they didn't include their helmets.

What do you guys think the hair/headgear molds will be? Personally I'm leaning towards:

Helmets: Hunter and echo using the basic p2 mold, Crosshair using the ARC mold or a new mold, Wrecker with the invincible iron man mold and Tech with a new mold. 1-2 new molds total.

Possible hair theory: Hunter using either a new mold or the old luke hair (Dark brown) with his bandana printed on his head, echo with no hair (printed cybernetic stuff like lobot), crosshair with the old ben hair in LBG, wrecker with no hair, and Tech with the Tarkin hair in brown.

While looking at the hair I realized there's some more skin tone variance as well. Most of the batch definitely would be most accurate with the current clone skin color, but tech looks like light flesh would work in some images. Echo honestly could use LBG or white as a skin tone at this point, my man CT-1409's looking rough :sad:

9 hours ago, Ozkabot said:

What good would it do if they did?

It would just make people even angrier when they delayed again, which I believe is inevitable based on how things have been going.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, when? I don't think we've ever had multiple character variants in an advent calendar before, this would be interesting.

I recall this was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I cannot remember whether it was either a rumour or just a suggestion, though I believe it was speculated their would be a child Anakin and adult Anakin, desert Luke and ROTJ Luke and a TFA Rey and a TROS Rey.

Also, on another note, the Razor Crest was back in stock at my local Target, and there were multiple copies. Its the first time I've ever seen one in a store.

And Happy Easter to all.

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

We’re starting to get pic of summer Marvel figs. Think we’ll be getting SW leaks soon too?

I think it will be a while. I believe that we only got leaks for the I-TS transport minifigures last summer and that was after the official pictures came out 

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

We’re starting to get pic of summer Marvel figs. Think we’ll be getting SW leaks soon too?

The Marvel sets are scheduled for June whereas the Star Wars sets will be released in August, so no :shrug_oh_well:

On 4/2/2021 at 9:45 PM, Stuartn said:

Huh, I hadn't heard that before... where is it from? 

Last year we had the Grievous fighter leak with a super blurry picture in February, official reveals of the Razor Crest/501st Troopers sets in the spring, and an official reveal of the AT-AT in May.  Everything else leaked in June, we knew the sets, price points, and piece counts, but there was no details on figures or anything with the builds.  It wouldn't surprise me if we got a reveal on one of the larger sets in like May (maybe the Bad Batch shuttle, to coincide with the release of the show?) but it seems like June-ish is probably a safe bet for when we'll get some leaks.  

4 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Last year we had the Grievous fighter leak with a super blurry picture in February, official reveals of the Razor Crest/501st Troopers sets in the spring, and an official reveal of the AT-AT in May.  Everything else leaked in June, we knew the sets, price points, and piece counts, but there was no details on figures or anything with the builds.  It wouldn't surprise me if we got a reveal on one of the larger sets in like May (maybe the Bad Batch shuttle, to coincide with the release of the show?) but it seems like June-ish is probably a safe bet for when we'll get some leaks.  

This is what I'm guessing. Bad batch officially revealed in the first 4 days of may, the other sets leaking in june.

If its of interest, the May 4th GWP is sort of on Insta... To get around the label on the box saying "this product must not be globally displayed before launch", its a picture of the parts in their bags. That's one way of doing it, I guess... Doesn't show much though. :laugh:

On 4/5/2021 at 2:55 AM, Childish_Landino said:

Huh, I hadn't heard that before... where is it from? 

I think was mentioned earlier on this forum from memory (apologies if I have gotten confused and saw it somewhere else), around the same time the 2hy sets leaked. I think the person who posted it said it was from instagram. I didn't see the actual source but recall what was said in the post. I cannot say whether it was true nor am I even sure of it myself, and I certainly don't want to create a false rumour, since I cannot be sure of the validity of the comment.

MandR said the $30 set is not Cobb Vanth’s speeder. So far we’ve knocked out super battle pack, obi wan’s fighter and now this. I’m really confused at this point. Wondering if it has anything to do with @kingwong75’s post but seriously this is getting strange