MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, storskogen said:

I think this became the rule rather than the exeption. Pictures/renderings from Lego are often taken from weird or unattractive angles.

True the AAT, TIE and Poe’s X-Wing had similar issues IIRC. The AAT cannon was made to look ridiculously longer then it was already, the TIE’s proportions were thrown all out of wack in the picture and the X-Wing looked like it had baby wings. None of those were the case when the set’s in front of you. It’s a pity too they make these gorgeous sets and then completely squander how good they actually look in marketing. 

On 3/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

I’ve definitely brought it up on here before, it’s not a covid thing. We’ve been having stock issues for years now, since around the time the LEGO movie came out and popularity exploded. What gets me worked up is that stores overseas have so much stock that sets are constantly on clearance, yet we never get a second shipment of most of those sets.

I’ve asked around about the 501st pack and AAT, the sets have definitely made their way down here, we’re just not getting isles full of them like the Americans. Store owners are letting their friends buy 20 at a time before they put them out to the public so most of the supply is going to the same small group of people. The leftover stock that is making it to shelves is being snapped up right away by people that check the stores every morning on their way to work. On that note, heard from a few people now that the 501st set has been marked as “not for reorder” at the certified stores and major retailers so we’re never going to see it on a shelf again in Australia. I really hope that my info is wrong about that. Our only hope to get the 501st set is s@h and it’s always out of stock. At least it’s not on the list of sets retiring this year, so maybe we’ll have a chance to get it.

I was scrolling through the last few pages and I saw your comment saying, "I’ve asked around about the 501st pack and AAT, the sets have definitely made their way down here, we’re just not getting isles full of them like the Americans." We have isles full for a day or two before the maniacs come and buy the store out. Then, at least in my city, we have to wait a month or more before TLG decides to restock.

Regarding the 501st BP on S@H, take a look:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/501st-legion-clone-troopers-75280

This is the first time it's been available in over 3 months. Count 'em, 1, 2, 3. The last time I remember seeing it available was back right after Christmas. 3 months and 3 days, as I'm writing this (Saw it last on December the 26th) 3, count 'em, 1, 2, 3.

21 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I was scrolling through the last few pages and I saw your comment saying, "I’ve asked around about the 501st pack and AAT, the sets have definitely made their way down here, we’re just not getting isles full of them like the Americans." We have isles full for a day or two before the maniacs come and buy the store out. Then, at least in my city, we have to wait a month or more before TLG decides to restock.

Regarding the 501st BP on S@H, take a look:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/501st-legion-clone-troopers-75280

This is the first time it's been available in over 3 months. Count 'em, 1, 2, 3. The last time I remember seeing it available was back right after Christmas. 3 months and 3 days, as I'm writing this (Saw it last on December the 26th) 3, count 'em, 1, 2, 3.

Dude I’m just going off of what I’ve seen on social media for that. It would seem that in some areas of your country the shelves are overstocked of that set. Of course one Australian doesn’t speak for the entire country, just count yourself lucky that TLG is restocking your store after a month. 

But as far as the set being available on s@h goes, it being on the US site doesn’t exactly help me or anybody else down under. Still sold out on the Aussie site, it may have come back recently and sold out again but the last time I saw it available to buy was when it released last year. 

26 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Dude I’m just going off of what I’ve seen on social media for that. It would seem that in some areas of your country the shelves are overstocked of that set. Of course one Australian doesn’t speak for the entire country, just count yourself lucky that TLG is restocking your store after a month. 

But as far as the set being available on s@h goes, it being on the US site doesn’t exactly help me or anybody else down under. Still sold out on the Aussie site, it may have come back recently and sold out again but the last time I saw it available to buy was when it released last year. 

Got it

I was just using our site as a reference model so that I could point out how long it takes for the set to get restocked for us as well. You're not alone.

Kingwong just posted a photo of Vader with a ton of 501st/332nd helmets on the ground. I feel like he’s trolling us, but I’m not totally discounting it either. 

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Kingwong just posted a photo of Vader with a ton of 501st/332nd helmets on the ground. I feel like he’s trolling us, but I’m not totally discounting it either. 

Huh interesting I'm guessing his other posts have been in related to further reveals (I don't keep track of superhero lego)? So we thinking the $30 set is something TCW related somehow? (mods if this isn't correct for this page lemme know)

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Huh interesting I'm guessing his other posts have been in related to further reveals (I don't keep track of superhero lego)? So we thinking the $30 set is something TCW related somehow? (mods if this isn't correct for this page lemme know)

I would assume so - might be the rumored Mandalore Vault? It sounds about the right price point for a large duel set!

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Of course one Australian doesn’t speak for the entire country, just count yourself lucky that TLG is restocking your store after a month. 

I have never been blessed enough to lay eyes on the 501st Battle Pack in an Aussie store in my area. I it was almost instantly sold out online from all the major retailers, though it popped back at one for a quick bit. I bought an AAT online the second I saw it available, so I stopped checking after that.

Re: the Mandalore duel set 75310, I thought that was confirmed at $20 USD and 147 pieces quite a while ago. Or are people talking about a different Mandalore set now at $30?

Speaking of low stock levels, I'm noticing that the new X-Wing seems to be out of stock in quite a few locations. Maybe it's again just Australia only (or just my area) but the model seems to be a lot more popular than the calls of "ANOTHER X-Wing??" when it was announced would have indicated. Maybe it's the demand for the Leia and General Dodonna figs driving the sales, or the 'less detailed models at a lower price point' strategy is proving effective.

47 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I would assume so - might be the rumored Mandalore Vault? It sounds about the right price point for a large duel set!

The Mandalore vault is confirmed to be

28 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Re: the Mandalore duel set 75310, I thought that was confirmed at $20 USD and 147 pieces quite a while ago. Or are people talking about a different Mandalore set now at $30?

Also idk what the Vader connection would be with Mandalore. It's probably just a troll tbh

Just now, hondohnaka said:

Also idk what the Vader connection would be with Mandalore. It's probably just a troll tbh

Not necessarily mandalore. Just clone helmets in a pile. The only thing I can think of is the crashed Venator, but I don’t see that happening soon. 

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Speaking of low stock levels, I'm noticing that the new X-Wing seems to be out of stock in quite a few locations. Maybe it's again just Australia only (or just my area) but the model seems to be a lot more popular than the calls of "ANOTHER X-Wing??" when it was announced would have indicated. Maybe it's the demand for the Leia and General Dodonna figs driving the sales, or the 'less detailed models at a lower price point' strategy is proving effective.

My stores still have stock, it came out in February so them having stock is nothing short of a miracle by recent standards. This will be one to watch over time, if they can't keep Luke's x-wing of all things on our shelves it will prove to me that they don't care about our market.

On 3/29/2021 at 5:47 AM, FeepoGerbin said:

As I conjectured in a previous comment on this thread— the Vader helmet looks *MUCH* better in-person, as can be seen in the Brickset review. Lego’s official photos are astonishingly bad. It looks way better in their photos, to the point that I actually kind of want it.

Totally agree with you. Was a meh for me at first but after watching several reviews I'm sold on it.

8 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

The Mandalore vault is confirmed to be

Yeah, I didn't see that it was confirmed to be in this year's lineup. I also thought it was going to be $30, but I guess I misread the price when I saw the then - rumor. Thanks for the update!

So Bad Batch trailer just dropped, Rex is in it, I’m so so so hopeful that the rumored sixth character in the shuttle is him and the eBay extortion is finally at an end. 

Edited by hondohnaka

16 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

So Bad Batch trailer just dropped, Rex is in it, I’m so so so hopeful that the rumored sixth character in the shuttle is him and the eBay extortion is finally at an end. 

It would likely be Omega as they would want to get all the new characters included. 

40 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

I noticed that. I also think I saw a turret on the back of the Marauder. It could be in the set.

12 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Not necessarily mandalore. Just clone helmets in a pile. The only thing I can think of is the crashed Venator, but I don’t see that happening soon. 

You never know, the Class 546 light cruiser might end up being a small Venator playset that breaks apart when it hits the ground. Though highly unlikely, anything is possible. I will repeat: HIGHLY UNLIKELY since it has been rolled through various points: IG, YouTube, EB, and various RLFM websites. I have to agree though that I don't believe that it will happen soon.

2 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

You never know, the Class 546 light cruiser might end up being a small Venator playset that breaks apart when it hits the ground. Though highly unlikely, anything is possible. I will repeat: HIGHLY UNLIKELY since it has been rolled through various points: IG, YouTube, EB, and various RLFM websites. I have to agree though that I don't believe that it will happen soon.

You mean the $160 Arquitens set? If they do a Venator instead of that right now, when Mando is the big thing, TLG has absolutely lost their minds. Don’t get me wrong I want a Venator as much as the next guy but right now? No way. 

Just now, hondohnaka said:

You mean the $160 Arquitens set? If they do a Venator instead of that right now, when Mando is the big thing, TLG has absolutely lost their minds. Don’t get me wrong I want a Venator as much as the next guy but right now? No way. 

TLG has lost their minds a few times in the last few years:

Case 1: Brickset | 75201 - 1 First Order AT-ST

Case 2: Releasing the Bespin Duel set in North America alone

Case 3: Brickset | 75204 - 1 Sandspeeder

10 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

TLG has lost their minds a few times in the last few years:

Case 1: Brickset | 75201 - 1 First Order AT-ST

Case 2: Releasing the Bespin Duel set in North America alone

Case 3: Brickset | 75204 - 1 Sandspeeder

I remember being so annoyed with that AT ST because I was like 13 when it came out and really wanted an AT-ST because AT-class is my favorite and they just went and did this. On an unrelated note, AT-M6s are a travesty and an insult to the ship class. 

Tbh I think the Arquitens is too much of a slam dunk for even Lego to screw up but hey, so was Bespin Duel. 

Edited by hondohnaka

4 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

I remember being so annoyed with that AT ST because I was like 13 when it came out and really wanted an AT-ST because AT-class is my favorite and they just went and did this. On an unrelated note, AT-M6s are a travesty and an insult to the ship class. 

Tbh I think the Arquitens is too much of a slam dunk for even Lego to screw up but hey, so was Bespin Duel. 

I agree.

Moving back to 2021, just how much could TLG screw up the UCS Gunship (P2 Cody and new clone pilot answer not accepted. Please read Terms and Conditions for where to enter that answer)?

Edited by MAVERICK26

So noone knows anything abt the $30 set, 75319? Im so desperate for some solid info esp aft hearing that MandR knows what it is but is waiting for someone else to say it🙃

15 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

There was one more unknown set at a $30 price point for this summer, it's supposedly a Target exclusive in the US (Not sure why the Mandalorian Starfighter got leaked if that one is also apparently an exclusive and this one didn't?) but we've had no info other than I believe a price, set number and piece count.

21 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

There was one more unknown set at a $30 price point for this summer, it's supposedly a Target exclusive in the US (Not sure why the Mandalorian Starfighter got leaked if that one is also apparently an exclusive and this one didn't?) but we've had no info other than I believe a price, set number and piece count.

Probably another TIE. :hmpf: An Outland TIE would be cool, at least.

Edited by caiman0637