MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I can't imagine a direct rerelease, they've never directly rereleased anything (other than the taj mahal? Although the rerelease did come with a brick seperator! :laugh:) there's always been some slight variance. Although it certainly can't be dismissed, it could be a straight up rerelease... For me, I'd be inclined to believe they had a target piece count and it coincided with the previous, but am seriously hoping it's been improved upon... Or I'll be saving some money. 

Am absolutely stoked about the ucs atat/gunship. Both my favourite star wars vehicles, coming out the same year as ucs versions that I honestly never thought they'd ever do! 

I'm looking forward to the 1700 piece gunship with 260 clones......... :laugh:

They did rerelease two Ideas sets - Saturn V and the Ship in a Bottle - same exact sets but different Lego #. But for star wars, it'd surprise me for an exact re-release, especially from a set from almost 10 years ago. 

9 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

They did rerelease two Ideas sets - Saturn V and the Ship in a Bottle - same exact sets but different Lego #. But for star wars, it'd surprise me for an exact re-release, especially from a set from almost 10 years ago. 

The Taj Mahal timeline was similar. I could see this being a direct re-release since they are already doing 2 original UCS sets for 2021. 

12 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

2021 UCS R2 piece count is supposedly the same as 10225 at 2127 pieces... so if that’s correct it’s either a massive coincidence or 10225 is getting a direct rerelease. I’m inclined to assume rerelease but it’s still too early to tell.

I don't think so. Even as a re-release, it would have the brick separator and have 2128 parts.

4 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

I was thinking an updated 4490 Mini Gunship with a few thousand clones

Yes.

3 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

True, although those were both pretty close to the original releases, and as ideas sets I feel like it's a bit different.

4 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Saturn had a slight difference with it's rerelease, it had some slight modification to do with the capsule mounted to the top of the rocket. No idea on the ship in a bottle though...

Either way, I'm happy if it is a rerelease as others will get the chance to get a good set and I'll save money, or if its not a rerelease, I'll still probably be happy (if its an improvement) although may have to forego getting it as I want the ucs atat/gunship more

Edited by Fuppylodders

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You fool! Clearly it'll be a 1700-piece minifigure scale gunship with 260 clone troopers! :laugh:

Of course!  And they're all the elite battalion of clones of Clone Commander Cody!  (What's a clone of a clone called...?)

I would bet that R2-D2 is similar to how the Death Star re-release was handled.  That one I guess is it's own precedent because I don't think they've ever retired a set to replace it with a direct re-release (like, not even retiring that 2005 X-Wing after 4 years on the shelf to bring out an updated model, but literally retiring it for the exact same thing plus a couple of slight changes), but I think there's only so much they can really do to improve upon that set, at least based on how people talk about it.  Maybe just simplify a few parts (like, things that took more pieces than necessary, to make them look a bit more streamlined or continuous with newer parts) and then add some more detail in other sections and leave the overall structure more or less the same.

Edited by Kit Figsto

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Of course!  And they're all the elite battalion of clones of Clone Commander Cody!  (What's a clone of a clone called...?)

According to the excellent heir to the empire trilogy, they would be called commander Coodys, (Spoilers for that trilogy follow, I highly encourage reading it so don't open that spoiler unless you read them)

Spoiler

ala Luuke Skywalker or Joruus C'Baoth

But you're right, I made a mistake. It's actually a 1700 pc gunship, as well as The following figures: Rex, Cody, Vaughn, Doom, Thorn, Gree, Lock, Wolffe, Bly, and Bacara, each with 2 pilots, 2 airborne/flametrooper/ARC troopers, 1 AT-RT driver, and 20 clone troopers for each faction.

2 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Saturn had a slight difference with it's rerelease, it had some slight modification to do with the capsule mounted to the top of the rocket. No idea on the ship in a bottle though...

Either way, I'm happy if it is a rerelease as others will get the chance to get a good set and I'll save money, or if its not a rerelease, I'll still probably be happy (if its an improvement) although may have to forego getting it as I want the ucs atat/gunship more

They were a bit more about lego underestimating demand and then re-releasing (or more like resupplying) the sets shortly after retiring them, too. I'm thinking the dome, at least, will be altered somewhat.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

10 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

Do we know what figures are coming in the Darth Vader Meditation Chamber?

I think I've seen that it's Vader and an officer, with leakers saying most likely Admiral Piett

18 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I think I've seen that it's Vader and an officer, with leakers saying most likely Admiral Piett

Thanks. Was hoping for a few more minifigures but o well

33 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

Thanks. Was hoping for a few more minifigures but o well

Feel like we are always hoping for more minfigs.

1 hour ago, Albert with an A said:

Whatever figure it is, it'll fail us for the last time...:iamded_lol:

Edited by Prometheus87

4 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I thought I saw that it also included a stormtrooper too, though that was some time ago so it may be correct. I think I have heard of admiral piett inclusion as well,.

There is probably a high degree of uncertainty as to whether the Darth Vader rumour is correct!!

2 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I thought I saw that it also included a stormtrooper too, though that was some time ago so it may be correct. I think I have heard of admiral piett inclusion as well,.

There is probably a high degree of uncertainty as to whether the Darth Vader rumour is correct!!

We’re really not sure on the Vader one, or on the inclusion of black pieces. I’ve heard rumors of a majority of neon green pieces and Rose Tico, a Porg and an unnamed purple Ewok being the minifigures. 

It may be fake, but it looks like Maul just leaked. If it’s real, it looks to be the best iteration yet.

Edit: never mind, I think it’s fake

Edited by Brickroll

9 hours ago, Albert with an A said:

Darth Vader, Admiral Piett and a Stormtrooper. 

Is the Darth Vader Meditation Chamber an actual set which you can buy on Lego.com or is it some exclusive you can only get through shopping in some store hundreds of miles away 

2 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

Is the Darth Vader Meditation Chamber an actual set which you can buy on Lego.com or is it some exclusive you can only get through shopping in some store hundreds of miles away 

I’m hoping it’s a proper available set and not like the Bespin Duel set

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

I’m hoping it’s a proper available set and not like the Bespin Duel set

Bespin duel was a convention exclusive that was only released online due to COVID restrictions cancelling the convention. This is a set actually meant for consumer release.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Bespin duel was a convention exclusive that was only released online due to COVID restrictions cancelling the convention. This is a set actually meant for consumer release.

Is there any news or rumors of an upcoming convention exclusive? Be curious what they will do now they know SDCC is virtual in 2021. 

43 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Is there any news or rumors of an upcoming convention exclusive? Be curious what they will do now they know SDCC is virtual in 2021. 

I think in general, convention stuff tends to only get revealed/leaked very soon before the set actually comes out, probably because they don't appear in any sort of retailer catalog and I'd assume people working in and around a convention either don't know what the exclusive will be/are much less likely to breach an NDA since they wouldn't want to mess up a relationship with a company that wants to be at their convention. 

I know last year we got info on the Bespin one in like late July or something and the set came out in August I believe?  

Edited by Kit Figsto

Hi everyone! I've been monitoring this forum topic and a few others for a couple of months now and was inspired by @Stefanisimo to join the forum as an active user. I am super exited by all the adult/collector oriented set rumours and, of course, by star wars set rumours  (UCS AT-AT rumour being one of the most exciting Lego-related things for me in quite a while). Just wanted to say hi, looking forward to learning more about the future star wars sets - summer wave rumour sounds really nice so far

1 hour ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Hi everyone! I've been monitoring this forum topic and a few others for a couple of months now and was inspired by @Stefanisimo to join the forum as an active user. I am super exited by all the adult/collector oriented set rumours and, of course, by star wars set rumours  (UCS AT-AT rumour being one of the most exciting Lego-related things for me in quite a while). Just wanted to say hi, looking forward to learning more about the future star wars sets - summer wave rumour sounds really nice so far

Welcome to our merry band and speaking of the UCS AT-AT is it actually confirmed? Last I checked it was that or a UCS Death Star being discussed? 

Could we also get a new list of the piece counts and price tags for the summer sets if it wouldn't be to much trouble as I've lost track of what sets we are expecting this summer

Edited by Ringwraith

52 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Welcome to our merry band and speaking of the UCS AT-AT is it actually confirmed? Last I checked it was that or a UCS Death Star being discussed? 

Could we also get a new list of the piece counts and price tags for the summer sets if it wouldn't be to much trouble as I've lost track of what sets we are expecting this summer

Yes the AT-AT has been confirmed, current info including a list of piececounts and prices can be found in the news thread.