MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Tie pilot is 724 pieces

Stormtrooper is 647 pieces

Boba Fett is 625 pieces

So 663 fits with the Helmets so far. The 18+ is just a branding thing so they can use the black boxes and try to get more adults into (or back into) Lego building / collecting

There’s a better look at Echo’s helmet for the Bad Batch floating around. It might work with the old clone helmet, but I think it also would need a new mold.

3 hours ago, Brickroll said:

There’s a better look at Echo’s helmet for the Bad Batch floating around. It might work with the old clone helmet, but I think it also would need a new mold.

I would like to see that in the rumored Havoc Marauder.

Also, I would like to apologize for my last post on this forum and all the trouble it has caused. What I meant to say was:

"As the Empire is heavily prevalent in the last emplacement of the canon saga, I feel that a First Order stormtrooper is less relevant to the current Star Wars fandom climate. However, due to The Mandalorian, Scout Troopers have been heavily featured. I feel that due to the aforementioned climate in the fandom, a Scout Trooper helmet would be more appropriate."

I just wasn't thinking. I'm sorry.

1 hour ago, MAVERICK26 said:

No need to apologise. I though originally it was a whacky (no offence) argument, but the rational in your last post does sort of make sense in a way, in that you mean the empire is continually featured in the mainstream current star wars content like the mandalorian.

I think I would still prefer the FO helmet though simply because I think it would be harder to achieve than the scout trooper and would be interesting to see how it is made.

46 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

No need to apologise. I though originally it was a whacky (no offence) argument, but the rational in your last post does sort of make sense in a way, in that you mean the empire is continually featured in the mainstream current star wars content like the mandalorian.

I think I would still prefer the FO helmet though simply because I think it would be harder to achieve than the scout trooper and would be interesting to see how it is made.

Thank you so much. I think that what you construe in this post is exactly what I was trying to say. I just couldn't find the right words. Also, no offense taken!

Marvel Carnage helmet looks very, very nice... hoping that the new Star Wars helmets look that nice :excited:

(And that we get some picture soon)

On 3/8/2021 at 2:20 PM, saibot said:

Can I ask where you pick this up in Ireland ? I tend to pick up the foil packs from ebay, but if it was easier to get the magazine I would. thanks

When retail is open Easons is probably your best bet, but you need to be quick if it’s a desirable minifigure. Larger Tesco stores too.  I tend to pick them up on newsstand.co.uk which also sells Blocks magazine (and all the other Lego magazines with foil bags). Again, for desirable minifigures you should order in advance of release.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:55 AM, Stuartn said:

On 3/10/2021 at 11:03 PM, MAVERICK26 said:

Also, I would like to apologize for my last post on this forum and all the trouble it has caused. What I meant to say was:

"As the Empire is heavily prevalent in the last emplacement of the canon saga, I feel that a First Order stormtrooper is less relevant to the current Star Wars fandom climate. However, due to The Mandalorian, Scout Troopers have been heavily featured. I feel that due to the aforementioned climate in the fandom, a Scout Trooper helmet would be more appropriate."

I echo Stuartn's comment (except, I'm torn between which helmet I'd prefer to see :laugh:), no need to apologise at all, your re-worded version makes sense. 

Edited by Fuppylodders
Uh... No idea how I quoted his comment inside the other comment or how to fix it

Apparently Vader's Meditation Chamber is $70 for 663 pieces.

Wonder if this is actually a regular retailer set with that piece count?

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Apparently Vader's Meditation Chamber is $70 for 663 pieces.

Wonder if this is actually a regular retailer set with that piece count?

That'd be really great. The description of this set is definitely one at the top of my list. Love that scene! 

25 minutes ago, SuperSith said:

Vader and Scout trooper helmets leaked, I like the scout trooper one. Don't know how I feel about the Vader one yet.

I agree, the scout trooper looks great. I cannot see much of the Vader helmet since it is mostly all the one colour and the quality of the picture, but the scale of the upper part of the helmet seems a bit odd compared to the bottom.

Source is _legonaire_ on Instagram

4 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

I agree, the scout trooper looks great. I cannot see much of the Vader helmet since it is mostly all the one colour and the quality of the picture, but the scale of the upper part of the helmet seems a bit odd compared to the bottom.

Yeah, unless it's just a weird angle, and the lower "jaw" of the mask looks like it is protruding downward too far.

Just now, SuperSith said:

Yeah, unless it's just a weird angle, and the lower "jaw" of the mask looks like it is protruding downward too far.

That was exactly my concern too. I agree it could be that it is leaning forward which would move the back part up, but regardless I think the scout trooper is great, the detail even in the grainy image looked great

Just saw new Obi-Wan minifigure on usual place. Looks exactly like Mustafar version but without burns on clothes. Any idea which set he'll be in? Or is it a fake?

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Just saw new Obi-Wan minifigure on usual place. Looks exactly like Mustafar version but without burns on clothes. Any idea which set he'll be in? Or is it a fake?

Sadly it's fake. The instagram account that posted it is called "legofakeleaks".

5 minutes ago, SuperSith said:

Sadly it's fake. The instagram account that posted it is called "legofakeleaks".

And here I was hoping Lego will correct their mistake with inaccurate torso in Utapau set from last year.

Impossible to make out any detail on the Vader helmet, but from what can be seen through the blurriness it looks like they've nailed the Scout Trooper. Might be a day one buy.

I’ve just seen the poor quality photo. Glad the scout trooper is part of this series and also glad Vader doesn’t include a shoulder piece. But I’ll wait till we get better pictures before I make my full judgement. So what do we think is the third helmet this year?

I need better pictures for Vader but the Scout Trooper looks really good. Is it just me or is the „mouth“ from the Trooper a little bit too long?

13 minutes ago, TheScaryDoor said:

I need better pictures for Vader but the Scout Trooper looks really good. Is it just me or is the „mouth“ from the Trooper a little bit too long?

I’ve just compared it to one of the images of the 2 troopers from one of the episodes of Mando and the length of the mouth looks about right, it may be slightly longer but I’d say less than a stud

6 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I’ve just compared it to one of the images of the 2 troopers from one of the episodes of Mando and the length of the mouth looks about right, it may be slightly longer but I’d say less than a stud

You are right, maybe a little bit too long but overall it fits.

Oh yo we are getting a scout trooper!! I can tell that it’s a scout trooper through all the pixels so I’m sure it’ll be an awesome set. I wonder if the visor flips upwards? Need clearer pictures to make up my mind on Vader but as long as it’s not like the con exclusive bust it should be good. Getting that scout trooper for sure, probably will get the Vader as well. On the subject, the Batman bust looks awful and the Venom and Carnage ones aren good but aren’t for me. If we are getting a FO stormie I will probably pass as well. Bring on those HD pics!

6 hours ago, Seasider said:

So what do we think is the third helmet this year?

For a long while people were saying it was just these two, but with the confusion over the FO stormtrooper I'm wondering if that might be a surprise third one. That would be a sensible choice, but given the Sith trooper was used loads for TROS marketing I'm holding out hope for that one if there is a third one. Any more reliable sources able to clear this up?