MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Guys, stop with these casting rumours, please. You think you’re being subtle but you’re really not. This forum already ruined the Ahsoka and Bo Katan reveals ahead of time for myself and a lot of others and now you’ve gone and ruined another one so thanks a bunch :thumbup:

Slightly passive aggressive but fair enough, so we’re sorry about that. 
For future reference, how do you do spoiler tags?

21 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Guys, stop with these casting rumours, please. You think you’re being subtle but you’re really not. This forum already ruined the Ahsoka and Bo Katan reveals ahead of time for myself and a lot of others and now you’ve gone and ruined another one so thanks a bunch :thumbup:

Our apologies. Didn't even think before posting this but I can see your point. I was under the impression it wouldn't be too much spoilery since we know said character is coming unlike we did for Ahsoka and Bo. Sorry again. :sceptic:

24 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Just select the text and click on the eye icon left to the emoji button. 

9 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

Our apologies. Didn't even think before posting this but I can see your point. I was under the impression it wouldn't be too much spoilery since we know said character is coming unlike we did for Ahsoka and Bo. Sorry again. :sceptic:

I should have put this in the original post, but I use mobile. :-/ 

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

I should have put this in the original post, but I use mobile. :-/ 

Ooh, that I don't know. I've never logged in on mobile so I have no idea, sorry :/ 

Hopefully someone who knows responds soon lol

2 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

A Jabba's palace would be ideal, but it would be strange to release it, well, without Jabba himself. The set potential for the next few years is crazy, can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

They could do something along the lines of the UCS Falcon but on a much smaller scale: put both eras of character in it. So Jabba, Bib Fortuna for the OT and Painted Boba, Fennec for the Mando Era. That way it's both accurate to the current point in the timeline and useable as Jabba's Palace. 

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You can't just expect people not to talk about exciting rumours. If a thing like this is rumoured at least 2 years before the series itself releases, then it cannot be considered a spoiler. 

Same goes for Ahsoka, she was rumoured MONTHS before S2 released.

41 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You can't just expect people not to talk about exciting rumours. If a thing like this is rumoured at least 2 years before the series itself releases, then it cannot be considered a spoiler. 

Same goes for Ahsoka, she was rumoured MONTHS before S2 released.

It’s not too much to expect to be safe from spoilers on a lego forum, especially when the rumor only made it here so you guys could speculate on if a figure is coming or not... isn’t there a separate thread for speculating future figures? 

Yes she was rumored for months, what does that have to do anything? Just made it all the more disappointing when she did turn up and and it was meant to be a surprise. As I said before the 2019 discussion thread ruined that too, and if I remember right the mods tried to get you guys to stop spoiling things back then too. What do you have against people wanting to be surprised as the filmmakers intended?

Edited by Brikkyy13

22 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

It’s not too much to expect to be safe from spoilers on a lego forum, especially when the rumor only made it here so you guys could speculate on if a figure is coming or not... isn’t there a separate thread for speculating future figures? 

Yes she was rumored for months, what does that have to do anything? Just made it all the more disappointing when she did turn up and and it was meant to be a surprise. As I said before the 2019 discussion thread ruined that too, and if I remember right the mods tried to get you guys to stop spoiling things back then too. What do you have against people wanting to be surprised as the filmmakers intended?

The point is, it's not a spoiler.

When Disney wants to keep something a secret, they succeed - and if not, it leaks only days before the thing itself releases (like Endgame or TRoS leaks).

Baby Yoda is the best example - they didn't want it to leak, and it didn't. If information about a character from a series that's coming no sooner than 2023 comes out right now, that means that Disney doesn't want to keep it a secret.

9 hours ago, Brickroll said:

There is no 'slightly passive aggressive' about his comment, it's entirely fair what he said. 

You're talking about potential film/TV show stuff, and possible minifigs as a result of potential film/TV series. Neither of which belong in this thread. The culture and media Forum (https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/25-culture-amp-multimedia/) and future star wars minifigs thread exist for these things. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The point is, it's not a spoiler.

When Disney wants to keep something a secret, they succeed - and if not, it leaks only days before the thing itself releases (like Endgame or TRoS leaks).

Baby Yoda is the best example - they didn't want it to leak, and it didn't. If information about a character from a series that's coming no sooner than 2023 comes out right now, that means that Disney doesn't want to keep it a secret

Spoiler: Definition;

noun

1.A description of an important plot development in a television show, film, or book which if previously known may reduce surprise or suspense for a first-time viewer or reader.

Wikipedia: 

A spoiler is an element of a disseminated summary or description of any piece of fiction that reveals any plot elements.

Merriam Webster:

3: information about the plot of a motion picture or TV program that can spoil a viewer's sense of surprise or suspense also : a person who discloses such information

Its a spoiler. Stop making up your own definition of it. Doesn't matter what you *think*, you're wrong. Doesn't matter that it's 2 years before hand. If you found out how an unknown film is going to end, two years before its made, its still a bloody spoiler. Stop trying to justify it. 

As it is, this conversation doesn't even belong here and you know it. It's speculation about TV show which doesn't belong in this thread and it's speculation about minifigs in a speculated TV show with absolutely no weight to any substantial rumours of any minifigs which therefore, doesn't belong here.

I've been quiet about it, but now you're trying to justify spoiling something for someone else when you're being all sorts of wrong. 

Additionally, your view that just because the company making the show-whatever show it is- releases some part of information relating to it, deems it not a spoiler is also ludicrous. It just means the show producers themselves released a spoiler. It is *still* a spoiler. It's like saying people that make law/regulations arent liable to be held accountable to those same laws because they made them, therefore it doesn't apply to them. Its an absurd suggestion. The show still isn't released. Therefore, it's still a spoiler by all definitions. 

Does it mean it makes it harder for people to wish to remain spoiler-free? Sure as heck does, and, if those spoilers are relevant to the topic at hand in a direct manner, they would do well to avoid any forums as film company released info will certainly be widely accepted as free reign to talk about. 

But at the moment, none of the previous is relevant. 

Just drop it. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

7 hours ago, Brickroll said:

The point is that it's not about spoiler tags. The point is that the debate of shows and of LEGO sets are different things that are meant to be discussed in different threads.

9 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Apparently it’s Mena Massoud, the live action Alladin, but its still a rumor.

See? Not about Lego. Wrong forum. Very simple.

Haha the spoiler discussion again. Amazes me how people use a LEGO FORUM to talk about Star Wars spoilers then claim they aren’t spoiling. Might just distance myself from this forum when the new shows start getting closer to release. 

11 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I remember this. Was too true. Ahsoka got spoiled a good few months before season 2 even aired. 

11 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

No we don’t know said character is coming and nor did anyone who got on with their day and didn’t go searching for spoilers like with Ahsoka and Bo. 

5 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

No we don’t know said character is coming and nor did anyone who got on with their day and didn’t go searching for spoilers like with Ahsoka and Bo. 

Well, if you watched Rebels and Ahsoka's episode in the Mandalorian it's pretty obvious to put 2 and 2 together. I honestly can't see a scenario in which someone watches that upcoming series and totally doesn't expect the character to appear. And for Ahsoka at least, did anyone not know she was coming? Like, I'm really curious. People were discussing her live action debut e v e r y w h e r e so the only way not to have known about her was to stay off the internet completely. I never went looking for any leaks before and yet couldn't manage not to stumble across the Ahsoka news. I would have loved it if she weren't announced everywhere like that but what can you do.

I'm sorry I don't have time to step in now. But I will step in soon. Please keep things civil until then.

On a new note, what are we expecting in the new spring wave? Is it just helmets or does it include the Bad Batch shuttle stuff or is that all in the summer wave

8 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

On a new note, what are we expecting in the new spring wave? Is it just helmets or does it include the Bad Batch shuttle stuff or is that all in the summer wave

Just the helmets and Probe Droid statue, the Bad Batch Shuttle is a part of the August summer wave :classic:

I haven’t been this excited for a Lego Star Wars wave like the summer one in a long time, can’t imagine the pictures will leak anytime soon but it’s good to know what we’ll be getting at least.

Edited by T21Typhoon

Just now, T21Typhoon said:

Just the helmets and Probe Droid statue, the Bad Batch Shuttle is a part of the August summer wave :classic:

Thanks, I hadn't heard about the probe droid statue, if it's similar in piece scale to the Baby Yoda statue it should look really good 

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

Thanks, I hadn't heard about the probe droid statue, if it's similar in piece scale to the Baby Yoda statue it should look really good 

Ditto. Not one of the statues has taken my interest so far but this has me intrigued at the very least.

Am I correct in thinking the rumoured price was 70 bucks for this one?

19 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Ditto. Not one of the statues has taken my interest so far but this has me intrigued at the very least.

Am I correct in thinking the rumoured price was 70 bucks for this one?

Yep.

3 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

Well, if you watched Rebels and Ahsoka's episode in the Mandalorian it's pretty obvious to put 2 and 2 together. I honestly can't see a scenario in which someone watches that upcoming series and totally doesn't expect the character to appear. And for Ahsoka at least, did anyone not know she was coming? Like, I'm really curious. People were discussing her live action debut e v e r y w h e r e so the only way not to have known about her was to stay off the internet completely. I never went looking for any leaks before and yet couldn't manage not to stumble across the Ahsoka news. I would have loved it if she weren't announced everywhere like that but what can you do.

I've never watched any of the animated series (bar a handful of Clone Wars episodes) and probably never will. I'll be watching a future live-action Ahsoka series and I have no idea what to expect in terms of characters appearing. I also didn't know she was going to be in Mando until she appeared - if anything, I assumed she wasn't, since a figure was included in the AAT and I would have thought Lego would try to avoid putting the same character in two different sets so as not to cannibalise the two sets' market.

18 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Supposedly a leaker is going to reveal who will be playing a live action “lost” character in the Ahsoka series who is not blue

Spoiler

"We need to go back to people's TV screens, Kate!"

On 2/19/2021 at 3:12 PM, hondohnaka said:

(glances nervously at a theoretical Rex: A Star Wars Story) Rex is still super iconic but the one P1, one P2 and extra parts is a great idea. 

Is that rumored? I haven't heard anything about it.

On 2/19/2021 at 6:13 PM, Brickroll said:
Spoiler

Apparently it’s Mena Massoud, the live action Alladin, but its still a rumor.

Using spoiler tags so I'm not torn apart by a mob the next time I step outside:

Spoiler

Aladdin playing space Aladdin nice. Most people don't like ezra, but personally I thought he was great in the later 3 seasons at least.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Is that rumored? I haven't heard anything about it.

Using spoiler tags so I'm not torn apart by a mob the next time I step outside:

Reveal hidden contents

Aladdin playing space Aladdin nice. Most people don't like ezra, but personally I thought he was great in the later 3 seasons at least.

It's not rumored lol. It was just a joke that if he got a movie that would be a major reason for Lego to make a bunch more sets with him. 

There will be a few changes/updates coming (hopefully tomorrow). I promised there would be some changes back around Christmas. But you all have been playing so nice with each other that I haven't needed to implement anything. This is as good a time as any so stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime I will state that this thread is for Set Discussion. Rumors for 2021 sets are a part of that. Random speculation is not. A statement like: "I read a random rumor on a different website about a possible character that may-or-may-not appear in a future, not-yet-confirmed show! Do you think Lego will make a minifigure of said character?" is not allowed in this thread. It's not a Lego rumor. It's not set discussion. It doesn't belong in a 2021 thread. It probably doesn't belong in a 2022 thread. So try to stay on target here.

36 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

There will be a few changes/updates coming (hopefully tomorrow). I promised there would be some changes back around Christmas. But you all have been playing so nice with each other that I haven't needed to implement anything. This is as good a time as any so stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime I will state that this thread is for Set Discussion. Rumors for 2021 sets are a part of that. Random speculation is not. A statement like: "I read a random rumor on a different website about a possible character that may-or-may-not appear in a future, not-yet-confirmed show! Do you think Lego will make a minifigure of said character?" is not allowed in this thread. It's not a Lego rumor. It's not set discussion. It doesn't belong in a 2021 thread. It probably doesn't belong in a 2022 thread. So try to stay on target here.

everybody behave or the mod will have us sit in the corner for timeout. 

In all seriousness, yeah, shows≠lego sets. If ya want proof, we've never gotten a Bo-Katan fig until this summer. There were a million opportunities to make her during TCW's run.

If Ezra happens in Ahsoka, he will be a Luke in Mando level spoiler, and Lego won't know about that until it's too late. We're only getting Bo-Katan in the cruiser because she was leaked almost a year before the show aired and everyone KNEW that crew was headed to kick Gideon to pieces. We may get Ezra in 2024, if that. So stop speculating. 

Edited by hondohnaka

37 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

@hondohnaka 's response is a great example of how NOT to continue this topic.

I meant that he probably won't be around for years so we should stop speculating. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. 

Edited by hondohnaka