MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Does anyone have any idea when May or summer pics usually drop? Just curious, I’m on the edge with the ITT and a few others and want to be able to plan. 

Also do we know anything about there being a vignette promo like Hoth, Endor and the Trench Run? Or will that just be the Lars Homestead?

Edited by hondohnaka

17 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Does anyone have any idea when May or summer pics usually drop? Just curious, I’m on the edge with the ITT and a few others and want to be able to plan. 

Also do we know anything about there being a vignette promo like Hoth, Endor and the Trench Run? Or will that just be the Lars Homestead?

The May UCS (which I believe is the gunship?) tends to usually get a reveal in late April, typically UCS stuff doesn't really leak or if it does, it's very close to the official reveal date.  For example, the cantina had one of the promo shots leak like two weeks before the reveal and I think a blurry picture of the set as a whole came out about a week before the official reveal.  I would assume that the Lars Homestead is indeed a vignette, since I highly doubt they would make one of the most requested locations into a set that is super limited in quantity and only available with the purchase of a UCS set.

Last year, we got a very blurry picture of General Grievous' fighter right around this time, but that was highly atypical if I remember right.  We had the 501st set officially revealed in April, I believe the AT-AT revealed in mid-May, and then everything else leaked at like the end of May/early June.  I would assume some stuff might trickle out in the spring, but the safest assumption is just early summer for pictures.

I think the May UCS is R2-D2 (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and the Gunship should come later in the year. Leaks started in February last year with Grievous's starfighter and the spring wave. I remember D-O leaked on February 21st to be exact lol so I think we should be seeing helmets soon. It will be a long time before the summer pictures come out though, probably May/June :look:

6 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Off topic, but I’m looking at the new 4+ Electromech they did in Ninjago, with the new Mech leg pieces, and am I the only one thinking that those parts might be foreshadowing a 4+ AT-AT?

I don't think so, those would be some pretty small legs, even for a 4+ version of the vehicle.

2 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

I think the May UCS is R2-D2 (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and the Gunship should come later in the year.

This is correct. The May UCS is R2, the fall UCS is the AT-AT, and the gunship is like an "extra" UCS because of the fan vote, coming after R2.

4 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

The vignette is the lars homestead, I believe.

I believe we'll have pics for the non-ucs may sets anytime from two weeks to a month from now, but UCS sets have managed to avoid having leaked images recently, so it's unlikely we'll see the R2 until a few days before it releases. I don't remember off the top of my head when the summer wave releases, but I'd guess we'd get leaked images around two months before they release.

Finally finished watching The Clone Wars and that final arc was incredible. I’m now even more excited for this years sets coming. I already thought they sounded great, but now I’ve actually seen them in the show, I can’t wait to have them all on display! :grin:

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

The Cara Dune black series figure was cancelled, so the probability that she won't be in the Arquitens set is increasing. It's not like Lego's figure actually looks like her though lol

Good. Now they should add Bo-Katan (the same minifig as in the TCW set) or a second Darktrooper and nobody shall miss her presence :grin: 

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good. Now they should add Bo-Katan (the same minifig as in the TCW set) or a second Darktrooper and nobody shall miss her presence :grin: 

I’d prefer a dark trooper, as long as the Bo from the fighter has the owl markings (it seems to be S7 based so it should). Dark troopers are better to have more of IMO because anyone who’s buying the Arquitens will probably buy the Fang anyway, so more troops is better then duplicates of a hero. 

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

The Cara Dune black series figure was cancelled, so the probability that she won't be in the Arquitens set is increasing. It's not like Lego's figure actually looks like her though lol

Was it the figure shown in the article with the “who farted, yall?” look? If so, they did the world a favor.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I could also see them adding a certain spoiler-y figure, since it wouldn't require a new design or anything, but it depends how soon after the release of the season finale that they still consider it to be spoilers.  A second Darktrooper, to me, is probably the best choice, since there were multiple onboard the ship and we're not going to really have an opportunity to get more of them in any other sets unless they did something based on Episode 14 (the first one with Boba Fett).  Plus, keeping Bo-Katan exclusive to the Mandalorian Fighter entices people to buy that (and thankfully it's only $60, if I remember right).

It would honestly be really stupid not to have 2 dark troopers in the set regardless of whether Cara Dune appears in it or not. Every set which introduced new troopers (Krennic's shuttle with the Death troopers, Battle on Scarif with regular shoretroopers, Imperial conveyex with range troopers, AT-Hauler with Dryden's guards just to name a few) had a pair of two which is the bare minimum. If they have already developed a new mold why give us only a single trooper, it's not like the set is amassable. If they pulled something like with the Sith troopers in Kylo Ren's shuttle, with 1 appearing in the set and putting them in battle packs shortly after, then it would be okay. However, something like that seems unlikely at the present and there just aren't that many possible sets which can include them down the line. I would be very surprised if we only get a single dark trooper in the set. Or better yet, not a single one :devil_laugh:

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

I could also see them adding a certain spoiler-y figure, since it wouldn't require a new design or anything, but it depends how soon after the release of the season finale that they still consider it to be spoilers.  A second Darktrooper, to me, is probably the best choice, since there were multiple onboard the ship and we're not going to really have an opportunity to get more of them in any other sets unless they did something based on Episode 14 (the first one with Boba Fett).  Plus, keeping Bo-Katan exclusive to the Mandalorian Fighter entices people to buy that (and thankfully it's only $60, if I remember right).

He seemed to be wearing the outfit from the beginning of ROTJ rather than the outfit from the end, and they haven't made that one in years. It'd be nice to get it again honestly.

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Is it even confirmed we have one Dark Trooper in the Arquitens?

I think MandR said it, so not confirmed but likely and pretty much certain.

2 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

It would honestly be really stupid not to have 2 dark troopers in the set regardless of whether Cara Dune appears in it or not

Agree, and since battle packs aren't around any more. Normally when only singular troopers appear it is in cheaper sets, with one of them only in what will be a relatively large set it would be bad to have just one.

57 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

I think MandR said it, so not confirmed but likely and pretty much certain.

Agree, and since battle packs aren't around any more. Normally when only singular troopers appear it is in cheaper sets, with one of them only in what will be a relatively large set it would be bad to have just one.

Thanks. 

As to your second point, what about GG’s starfighter?

6 hours ago, Brickroll said:

As to your second point, what about GG’s starfighter?

We did get the airborne trooper in a battle pack previously, albeit a different variant and some six years before the starfighter set. It is a rare example though, but there are some others, like the yellow 212th trooper in the umbara cannon..

1 hour ago, Stuartn said:

We did get the airborne trooper in a battle pack previously, albeit a different variant and some six years before the starfighter set. It is a rare example though, but there are some others, like the yellow 212th trooper in the umbara cannon..

The airborne trooper in the starfighter is actually slightly different, although you are correct about the yellow 212th.

12 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Is it even confirmed we have one Dark Trooper in the Arquitens?

No. 

It's an assumption made by MandR, but he wasn't sure who that last minifgure was.

does anyone think and hope the new ahsoka from the duel set will have dual molded legs as the ones from hermione from the cmf will be perfect with the ahsoka leg print on them

It's been a while since I've read through this thread, and even longer since I've bought a Clone Wars set. I've noticed a few comments saying that Bo Katan is confirmed to not be in Gideon's ship, only the Mando fighter (which as I understand it is a Clone Wars ship). Does that mean there's a risk of the figure having that horrible Clone Wars art style that seemed to be everywhere on Star Wars figures a few years back, or have they switched to making the figures fit with live-action characters? It would be a shame to finally get Bo Katan and have her not be compatible with the other characters from her most widely-seen appearance.

16 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

It's been a while since I've read through this thread, and even longer since I've bought a Clone Wars set. I've noticed a few comments saying that Bo Katan is confirmed to not be in Gideon's ship, only the Mando fighter (which as I understand it is a Clone Wars ship). Does that mean there's a risk of the figure having that horrible Clone Wars art style that seemed to be everywhere on Star Wars figures a few years back, or have they switched to making the figures fit with live-action characters? It would be a shame to finally get Bo Katan and have her not be compatible with the other characters from her most widely-seen appearance.

They stopped making those cartoon-ish figs back in 2014 (I think) thank god :iamded_lol:

2 hours ago, SteelRiftGaming said:

does anyone think and hope the new ahsoka from the duel set will have dual molded legs as the ones from hermione from the cmf will be perfect with the ahsoka leg print on them

Don't count on it. Star Wars almost never has dual molding, I believe the only exception so far has been Han from Betrayal at Cloud City.

2 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Does that mean there's a risk of the figure having that horrible Clone Wars art style that seemed to be everywhere on Star Wars figures a few years back, or have they switched to making the figures fit with live-action characters?

Armor and helmet prints are still sometimes based on the animated style, but there are no "cartoony" faces anymore.

3 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

The cartoony style is gone, at least for faces. Sometimes the armor is slightly changed, but it still looks similar enough to the films (example being that ahsoka isn't in the cartoon style in the AAT, and the troopers, while a new design, are much closer to movie accuracy than the old TCW troopers.)

3 hours ago, SteelRiftGaming said:

This isn't going to happen, I'm 99.9% certain they wouldn't add dual molded legs, they'll use the ahsoka from last year. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The cartoony style is gone, at least for faces. Sometimes the armor is slightly changed, but it still looks similar enough to the films (example being that ahsoka isn't in the cartoon style in the AAT, and the troopers, while a new design, are much closer to movie accuracy than the old TCW troopers.)

Ahsoka is still a bit stylized in comparison to other characters (no pupils for one), but the square anime eyes are thankfully a thing of the past. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This isn't going to happen, I'm 99.9% certain they wouldn't add dual molded legs, they'll use the ahsoka from last year. 

Lego Star Wars actually use an interesting and new piece to properly represent a character's design? Perish the thought, that would involve them actually caring ;)