MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

think this is considered on-topic since it's about 2021 sets but please don't hurt me mods if I'm straying here.

Was the figure lineup for Gideon's cruiser ever actually confirmed?  Because I think that one in particular had some conflicting reports early on about who was coming, I remember some people were saying Bo-Katan was in it, then others said that she was only coming in the Mandalorian Starfighter.  

Actually for that matter, are any of these figure lineups confirmed for sure, is it something where we know certain figures (Gar Saxon, Bo-Katan, etc) are coming, but it's more of a guess as far as which sets they're part of, or is it something like what happened last fall where the preliminary info was only partially complete (like the X-Wing).  Just because, I mean, some of these reported fig lineups seem fairly intuitive (like if the Slave I is indeed an OT version, of course it'll have Boba and Han, getting all 5 of the Bad Batch makes sense in a $100 set, Ahsoka vs. Maul should contain, well, Ahsoka and Maul, et cetera).

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

think this is considered on-topic since it's about 2021 sets but please don't hurt me mods if I'm straying here.

Was the figure lineup for Gideon's cruiser ever actually confirmed?  Because I think that one in particular had some conflicting reports early on about who was coming, I remember some people were saying Bo-Katan was in it, then others said that she was only coming in the Mandalorian Starfighter.  

Actually for that matter, are any of these figure lineups confirmed for sure, is it something where we know certain figures (Gar Saxon, Bo-Katan, etc) are coming, but it's more of a guess as far as which sets they're part of, or is it something like what happened last fall where the preliminary info was only partially complete (like the X-Wing).  Just because, I mean, some of these reported fig lineups seem fairly intuitive (like if the Slave I is indeed an OT version, of course it'll have Boba and Han, getting all 5 of the Bad Batch makes sense in a $100 set, Ahsoka vs. Maul should contain, well, Ahsoka and Maul, et cetera).

So the Gideon's cruiser set has been confirmed to NOT have Bo-Katan, which kind of sucks but also makes sense, she's a super popular character that they are making for the first time, putting her in only one set will sell a lot more of that set, whereas the Cruiser will have Fennec, Gideon and the ship itself to sell it. (While the Mando fighter is also an iconic ship, not everyone has seen Clone Wars and a lot of parents for example will buy it for Bo-Katan for their kid, having seen Mando). The intuitive thing with the Bad Batch would be to put like three of them (thinking Hunter, Echo, and one of the other three) and then spread the other two in other sets to sell more. The fact that they're all together actually makes less sense based on Lego's previous behavior with similar squads (Knights of Ren primarily, I think the Wolfpack was treated in a similar way) and therefore reads less like intuition to me. Slave One, the intuitive thing would be Fennec and Repaint Fett, and the fact that they lowkey blew it with that set makes it all the more believable. A "wishlist" style fig list would be Fennec and Fett, not Solo and Fett, two figs we've had a million times. Ahsoka v. Maul I'll give you. 

Edited by hondohnaka

31 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

The intuitive thing with the Bad Batch would be to put like three of them (thinking Hunter, Echo, and one of the other three) and then spread the other two in other sets to sell more. The fact that they're all together actually makes less sense based on Lego's previous behavior with similar squads (Knights of Ren primarily, I think the Wolfpack was treated in a similar way) and therefore reads less like intuition to me.

Including all five members at once seems like a smart move to me. There's no guarantee we'll be seeing much more from the Bad Batch beyond this one set as the line is going to get pretty crowded moving forward with all the upcoming Disney Plus shows in addition to the classic films. Next year alone will see it competing with The Mandalorian, Boba Fett, Andor and Obi-Wan.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Including all five members at once seems like a smart move to me. There's no guarantee we'll be seeing much more from the Bad Batch beyond this one set as the line is going to get pretty crowded moving forward with all the upcoming Disney Plus shows in addition to the classic films. Next year alone will see it competing with The Mandalorian, Boba Fett, Andor and Obi-Wan.

That's true, next year will be insane. Mando 3 will probably get cut back, although a Mandalore Palace MBS would be GLORIOUS, Boba Fett doesn't seem like it's got a whole lot of potential for sets (gang stories tend to be a few specific locations and a lot of shootouts, not really much in the way of ships and big set pieces). Obi-Wan might get us a Obi-Wan v Vader duel set but I don't know. Andor is probably going to be the focus of 2022, it's a military story centered on OT ships. (hoping and praying for a UCS Krennic's Shuttle).

4 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

So the Gideon's cruiser set has been confirmed to NOT have Bo-Katan, which kind of sucks but also makes sense, she's a super popular character that they are making for the first time, putting her in only one set will sell a lot more of that set, whereas the Cruiser will have Fennec, Gideon and the ship itself to sell it. (While the Mando fighter is also an iconic ship, not everyone has seen Clone Wars and a lot of parents for example will buy it for Bo-Katan for their kid, having seen Mando). The intuitive thing with the Bad Batch would be to put like three of them (thinking Hunter, Echo, and one of the other three) and then spread the other two in other sets to sell more. The fact that they're all together actually makes less sense based on Lego's previous behavior with similar squads (Knights of Ren primarily, I think the Wolfpack was treated in a similar way) and therefore reads less like intuition to me. Slave One, the intuitive thing would be Fennec and Repaint Fett, and the fact that they lowkey blew it with that set makes it all the more believable. A "wishlist" style fig list would be Fennec and Fett, not Solo and Fett, two figs we've had a million times. Ahsoka v. Maul I'll give you. 

I think it will/should have five, since it will probably be the only set in the line, and it will utilise all of the figures to optimise sales and make the set more enticing.

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Andor is probably going to be the focus of 2022, it's a military story centered on OT ships. (hoping and praying for a UCS Krennic's Shuttle)

Probably right there. It seems to be getting more attention from Disney and it has been rumoured and discussed for years longer than the other series. That said, the best character, K 2SO, from Rogue One,, which Andor will rely on for exposure, won't be in it definitely. Not to stray off topic (though I suppose I already am since I'm talking about 2022), a UCS U wing would be good and probably most likely to get a remake of any ship.

Edited by Stuartn

3 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

I think it will/should have five, since it will probably be the only set in the line, and it will utilise all of the figures to optimise sales and make the set more enticing.

Probably right there. It seems to be getting more attention from Disney and it has been rumoured and discussed for years longer than the other series. That said, the best character, K 2SO, from Rogue One,, which Andor will rely on for exposure, won't be in it definitely. Not to stray off topic (though I suppose I already am since I'm talking about 2022), a UCS U wing would be good and probably most likely to get a remake of any ship.

Is there a reason K2 SO definitely won’t be in it? Does Lego not want to make him anymore or something?

Just now, hondohnaka said:

Is there a reason K2 SO definitely won’t be in it? Does Lego not want to make him anymore or something?

The actor said he won't be in the series, but could appear in a second season. There's been no issue with the character or actor I'm aware of, just a strange production decision

2 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

The actor said he won't be in the series, but could appear in a second season. There's been no issue with the character or actor I'm aware of, just a strange production decision

Huh. Weird. K2 is a pretty important part of Cassian’s story as far as I recall and they have a lot of comics together so that’s strange. Oh well. The fig wasn’t the greatest anyway. 

22 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, it wouldn’t make much sense to remove the minifig (although I wouldn’t mind if it gets replaced by a more interesting minifig or an additional Darktrooper). Besides, the option to recast the character is still on the table :shrug_oh_well: 

Yes! Another datk trooper! 
hope they dont recast her, I rember how I loved the spartacus series but when they recasted the main actor (for more tragic reasons) they spoiled it. I hate recasting.

they should do cgi with her one episo and let her die, much better.

17 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

As I‘ve said before, these two situations are not really comparable. One is making inappropriate jokes, the other is trivialising the Holocaust. She simply doesn‘t deserve another chance and should just be recast, preferably with someone who can actually act :grin:

I‘d take another Darktrooper over a repeat of Cara any day :tongue:

So Cara has possible made a favour for SW lego fans? Maybe she can get a new job as a SW lego ambassador? Lol

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Huh. Weird. K2 is a pretty important part of Cassian’s story as far as I recall and they have a lot of comics together so that’s strange. 

Maybe they don‘t want K2 to steal the show again like he did in Rogue One :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

they should do cgi with her one episo and let her die, much better.

They should let Grogu finish the job :devil:

23 hours ago, macaron35 said:

I never understood why actors were so stupid to say out loud what could harm their career...*huh*

Well if she’s stupid enough to have that opinion, anything could happen.

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm sure she'll still be in the light cruiser, if they remove her I honestly will not buy it because of how stupid that would be.

That's what I'm hoping for. Pascal and Weathers have come to her aid in the past, so maybe they'll do what the guardians cast did back when they fired Gunn and get her back.

For me, i really hope they replacr it for two reasons. First of all I almost thought of destroying that figure because I dont like what she stand for. Second, I already have the figure and the figure is cheap and easily accessible on BL

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes, just because of how stupid a move by lego/lucasfilm that would be, to wipe a character from merch because they don't like the actress.

I'll just say this quickly because I don't want to keep straying off topic, but you should probably re-read her tweets as she makes it clear that's not the case, she's actually talked with Pedro about those tweets, and he tweeted some general support of her after it happened back in 2020... 

Anyway, back on topic.

Yeah, another case of the promo photos making it look worse than it does in reality. I agree that it's main problem is not living up to tydrium, but like you said it can't be helped, especially when it's $30 cheaper. I'm happy that I managed to get tyderium on sale sometime in 2016-2017, but if I hadn't, I'd definitely pick this set up.

18 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

We need to respect both sides of the opinions here. Those who disagree and those who agree with Gina should be allowed to voice their opinions because we live in a country that was founded on free speech. That said, this forum is for talking about Lego. Let's keep it on the appropriate topic.

Is this just an USA forum? Lol

But yes, see now you are eager for us to drop the subject so I try my best 😇

22 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

As I‘ve said before, these two situations are not really comparable. One is making inappropriate jokes, the other is trivialising the Holocaust. She simply doesn‘t deserve another chance and should just be recast, preferably with someone who can actually act :grin:

I‘d take another Darktrooper over a repeat of Cara any day :tongue:

Well, some could say that "inappropriate" is very nice euphemism.

1532187742-gunn-tweets.jpg

She was not trivialising the Holocaust, her post was about spreading hate. She was not comparing Republicans to Jews during WW2, she was comparing spreading hate towards Jews (the thing that started long before the WW2 and Holocaust) with spreading hate towards Republicans or people with conservative political opinions, supported by far leftists and progressivists. We could argue that those are not comparable things, but on the other hand I don´t think she should be fired for this.

I´m not defending other stuff that she wrote (like some anti-mask or vote fraud nonsense), but I don´t like nowadays simplifications like "she is trivialising the Holocaust" or "she is comparing Republicans to Jews in WW2!". Sorry for the OT.

BTW I agree with that Darktrooper.

Edited by Mr. Cube

Comparing James Gunn to Gina Carano doesn't really have a point for one good reason - Gina did it now, while Gunn did it 6 years before even the first GoTG movie released. 

In 6 years a person can change a lot and understand what he's done wrong. Gina had her warning, but she kept going - this is what you get.

Heck, even a fake rumour would do right about now to bring it back on topic... Where's one of our fake rumour spreaders when you really need them :laugh:

Back on topic... Eh....... I got nothing. 

BadBatch for the win. Hoping for all in one set. That is all :snicker:

When is the RGS meant/rumoured to be released? 

56 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Ehhh... I hear a mountain lion! 

*1000 Internet points to you if you got that reference and no, I’m not gonna explain it*

57 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

That has been confirmed already :excited:

58 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

No idea. The R2 set is scheduled for May and the AT-AT sometime in Autumn I think, so Summer...-ish? :grin:

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Heck, even a fake rumour would do right about now to bring it back on topic... Where's one of our fake rumour spreaders when you really need them :laugh:

To try and steer this thread away from little miss insurrection-lover, what's the bet that Wrecker will reuse that damn Iron Man helmet piece they can't let go of? I'd say it's pretty high.

6 minutes ago, ood0 said:

To try and steer this thread away from little miss insurrection-lover, what's the bet that Wrecker will reuse that damn Iron Man helmet piece they can't let go of? I'd say it's pretty high.

I’m not sure they would use it outside of a Marvel set.

Having said that, I think it actually would work for Wreckers helmet.

13 minutes ago, ood0 said:

What about Ezra’s imperial cadet helmet?

9 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I’m not sure they would use it outside of a Marvel set.

Having said that, I think it actually would work for Wreckers helmet.

They used it for Rinzler in the Tron Ideas set and the smallest set of the upcoming Monkie Kid wave also uses it.

6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Is this just an USA forum? Lol

But yes, see now you are eager for us to drop the subject so I try my best 😇

There goes my Americanism making me think we're the center of the world. I do apologize for that as I know the forum is made up of people from all over the world. I appreciate many things about living in America like deep Walmart discounts on Lego sets. But the arrogant American attitude is something I'm working on shedding.

If the Andor series brings about a U-Wing remake, I’ll be very, very happy. I love that ship, and unfortunately only really got back into collecting after Rogue One’s wave was through :( looking back on that wave, I personally think it’s a better lineup than the worshipped 2013 line.

Also sad I missed the TIE Striker. And Krennic’s shuttle. And the hover tank... I’m not even that hyped about the Andor series but the potential for remake sets of that wave has me excited... and my wallet scared.

19 minutes ago, FeepoGerbin said:

If the Andor series brings about a U-Wing remake, I’ll be very, very happy. I love that ship, and unfortunately only really got back into collecting after Rogue One’s wave was through :( looking back on that wave, I personally think it’s a better lineup than the worshipped 2013 line.

Also sad I missed the TIE Striker. And Krennic’s shuttle. And the hover tank... I’m not even that hyped about the Andor series but the potential for remake sets of that wave has me excited... and my wallet scared.

Agreed, the Rogue One sets were great, and probably better overall than 2013. Maybe we could even get a Zeta Class Cargo Shuttle...I was always mad they never made one, but the rest of that wave was one of the best in recent years (although TLJ had a pretty good run too, and so did TFA.)

Edited by Brickroll

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

To try and steer this thread away *snipped because it's counterintuitive to the first part of the statement* , what's the bet that Wrecker will reuse that damn Iron Man helmet piece they can't let go of? I'd say it's pretty high.

Unless they've gotten rid of the molds, I'm betting it'll be ezra's cadet helmet.

43 minutes ago, FeepoGerbin said:

I believe he's got an a-wing in the concept art, although I'm sure he'll fly a variety of ships in the show.

@Sneakguest if you really want to get rid of the figure, I'd be happy to have another! :laugh:

Edited by Mandalorianknight