MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

32 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Semantics, but I think Target exists in Australia?

You're correct, but its owned by Wesfarmer's, not Dayton's, so, like many Australian businesses, such as Woolworths, it shares the same name, but it started independently and has no affiliation or connection with the American equivalent. 

I hope the Target exclusive could be an Australian Target. It would be unlikely but I will still hold onto the slim hope.

6 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

You're correct, but its owned by Wesfarmer's, not Dayton's, so, like many Australian businesses, such as Woolworths, it shares the same name, but it started independently and has no affiliation or connection with the American equivalent. 

I hope the Target exclusive could be an Australian Target. It would be unlikely but I will still hold onto the slim hope.

Yes, no connection business ownership apart from the name, similar branding, and concept. Strangely we do seem to get some American Target exclusives only at Target Australia such as 75203 and 75221. Otherwise store exclusives are not a common thing in Australia and certainly are not advertised as such.

The nose of the shuttle looks terrible. It’s the same structure as 75221 but a different connection point because the whole top of the fuselage pivots up. At least my wallet will be happy this is looking like a lean year for SW Lego.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

On the Shuttle, is that 4x3 slope underneath the middle wing printed? Looks like the same print they used all those years ago on the original model.

Good catch, looks like it!

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Semantics, but I think Target exists in Australia?  Not 100% sure though.  Either way though, it's strange that we got info on the set purportedly slated as the WM exclusive and not on the Target exclusive.  At least it gives a bit more to look forward too, since last year we had the slow trickle of leaks and this year it was just "Bam, here's what we're getting."

Ah. America and australia then, and a different retailer in europe/asia/africa.

Right now the thing that most intrigues me is the meditation chamber, since the 18+ set was supposedly over a hundred dollars.

11 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Otherwise store exclusives are not a common thing in Australia and certainly are not advertised as such.

Store exclusives certainly are a common thing here in Australia, but you’re right when you say that it doesn’t get advertised. I’m not sure what sets are exclusives currently but it shouldn’t be too hard to work out by looking at websites. Off the top of my head I remember that the 20th anniversary dropship was a toyworld exclusive and the 2017 landspeeder was a kmart exclusive. 

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Good catch, looks like it!

Will have to wait for reviews to be certain but that gives me hope that some more classic prints could return. I’d love to see the 2x2 round tile with the grill pattern return, very useful part to have but it’s been replicated with stickers in sets over the last few years. 

On 1/31/2021 at 11:44 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

There isn't any evidence whatsoever, I agree. I think I've tracked the two main sources of the speculation, though:

There were RUMORS that disney and hasbro re-negotiated their contract to allow other companies to make action figures, which would mean that lego would have the ability to package minifigures by themselves. So the rumors were that lego would be legally able to make a CMF, nothing even close to them doing it.

Apparently marvel is getting a CMF, and this leads to people thinking star wars will get one, somehow? Neither of these really indicate anything more than that it MIGHT be legally possible for a star wars cmf to happen, but there are absolutely no rumors that lego is actually making one.

The only other piece of evidence that Lego MIGHT be allowed to make a cmf is that they sold the 20th anniversary Obi-Wan figure on its own. But yeah, definitely no reason to think it's happening yet. 

I was reading the X-Wing review on Brickset today and I was surprised at how little of a size difference there is between the 2021 and 2018 models, especially considering the difference in the TIE models. Now I'm really convinced. 

Are the May 4th GWPs usually only given away with the D2C or is it any Star Wars sets over the amount? Right now I'm figuring that I'll order the X-Wing and TIE together that weekend to get whatever the GWP is.

41 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Are the May 4th GWPs usually only given away with the D2C or is it any Star Wars sets over the amount? Right now I'm figuring that I'll order the X-Wing and TIE together that weekend to get whatever the GWP is.

May the 4th is usually GWP with any Star Wars purchase over a certain amount. Just be careful, a lot of people have the idea of waiting for May the 4th as well so when the day rolls around everything good but the D2C will be out of stock (and the D2C will usually go out of stock an hour later).

3 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I was reading the X-Wing review on Brickset today and I was surprised at how little of a size difference there is between the 2021 and 2018 models, especially considering the difference in the TIE models. Now I'm really convinced. 

The raw dimensions are similar but comparing the two in hand, there’s vast differences. The 2021 X-wing feels much lighter and flimsier. 380g compared to ~510g. The rear fuselage especially looks really thin for it’s height. It’s still a good set and is better proportioned.

Depending on country, 75300 and 75301 together may not reach the threshold for a GWP as well.

I just noticed something while dismantling my TIE Fighter - the light bley 1x10 plates on the leading edges of the wings appear to have bent while in position. Has anyone else noticed something similar? I'm aware LEGO bricks are liable to bending under tension, but I've only had it built for a month.

On 2/1/2021 at 9:32 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Target exclusive, I believe. The mandalorian fighter is exclusive to walmart. (both in america, obviously, I imagine the retailers will be different for europe as I don't think target and walmart exist outside north america.)

Are these like Darth Vader exclusives where they will appear on lego.co.uk too or just exclusive exclusive as the Mandalorian fighter sounds like a great set. 

26 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Are these like Darth Vader exclusives where they will appear on lego.co.uk too or just exclusive exclusive as the Mandalorian fighter sounds like a great set. 

They're exclusive in that only one retailer has them, but the official lego stores carry them as well. I don't believe any system sets have ever been sold at a retailer but not on lego's official website.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't believe any system sets have ever been sold at a retailer but not on lego's official website.

That depends on one‘s level of pedantry :grin: If you consider those 2in1 or 3in1 sets to be their own sets - they do get a unique number after all - then those count as retail exclusives you can’t find on s@h :classic:

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That depends on one‘s level of pedantry :grin: If you consider those 2in1 or 3in1 sets to be their own sets - they do get a unique number after all - then those count as retail exclusives you can’t find on s@h :classic:

This is a lego forum.... There is an abundance of pedantry :snicker:

45 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

This is a lego forum.... There is an abundance of pedantry :snicker:

We get upset over the printing or lack thereof on a tiny plastic arm smaller then my fingernail. Pedantry as far as the eye can see.  

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

We get upset over the printing or lack thereof on a tiny plastic arm smaller then my fingernail. Pedantry as far as the eye can see.  

Never a truer word spoken!:iamded_lol:

Unrelated to any Star Wars news for this year but i hope we get cinematic interpretations of Shaak Ti and Mon Mothma soon. Mon Mothma has not been seen since 2008 and Shaak Ti only has a clone wars variant as many Jedi such as Ki Adi Mundo and Bariss Offee have received cinematic releases in recent years. Not sure what set they’d squeeze Shaak Ti into, but also kinda wishing they’d release a Jedi Temple mega set one day. Whatever the sets being released in recent years haven’t really been appealing to me. I think Star Wars peaked in the 2013 Episode 2 wave, same time the Ewok Village was released. Rogue One had a solid wave and the Mos Eisley Cantina is perfect, but I haven’t seen a year stun me like 2013 did. 

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Unrelated to any Star Wars news for this year but i hope we get cinematic interpretations of Shaak Ti and Mon Mothma soon. Mon Mothma has not been seen since 2008 and Shaak Ti only has a clone wars variant as many Jedi such as Ki Adi Mundo and Bariss Offee have received cinematic releases in recent years. Not sure what set they’d squeeze Shaak Ti into, but also kinda wishing they’d release a Jedi Temple mega set one day. Whatever the sets being released in recent years haven’t really been appealing to me. I think Star Wars peaked in the 2013 Episode 2 wave, same time the Ewok Village was released. Rogue One had a solid wave and the Mos Eisley Cantina is perfect, but I haven’t seen a year stun me like 2013 did. 

A modern Shaak Ti would be perfect! They could easily put her in any Jedi or Clone Wars set pretty much, same as they did with Aayla Secura in the Republic Fighter Tank or Ki Adi Mundi and Barriss Offee in the battle pack. She would have been a much more desirable Jedi figure in the gunship than Mace Windu if that rumor ends up being true.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Mon Mothma should definitely appear again sometime soon, you might as well say the old one doesn't exist as it's so severely outdated. I'm not sure where a new Shaak Ti could fit in but Mon Mothma shouldn't be too hard to include somewhere, maybe in a similar way to General Dodonna.

49 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Mon Mothma should definitely appear again sometime soon, you might as well say the old one doesn't exist as it's so severely outdated. I'm not sure where a new Shaak Ti could fit in but Mon Mothma shouldn't be too hard to include somewhere, maybe in a similar way to General Dodonna.

I suggested a Jedi Temple because her council scenes were ones she was most prominent in. I could also see them adding her onto any random vehicle set, because why not?

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And similar to how General Rieekan and Airen Cracken were slotted into vehicle/area sets that they weren't really in in the movie, but were still relevant

Edited by Stuartn

43 minutes ago, autolycus said:

Mon Mothma could easily show up in a Cassian Andor set, when that show is running.

Genevieve O'Reilly is in the first season of Andor so I would say there's a pretty good chance that we will. It would certainly make up for the lack of K-2SO...

Either way, there's not any rumors for Andor sets right now and nothing to suggest Mon Mothma or Shaak Ti will be appearing in a set anytime soon, so we should probably move on before the wishlisting gets out of hand...

On 2/5/2021 at 3:28 PM, Stefanisimo said:

She would have been a much more desirable Jedi figure in the gunship than Mace Windu if that rumor ends up being true.

If that rumor is true (which I still seriously doubt), the reason it would be mace instead of shaak is because one showed up in episode two, which we've known since the vote began the gunship would be based on, and the other didn't.

I'm kind of hijacking this just to vent at all the "where's p2 (clone), where's (jedi that wasn't in episode 2)", etc that happened when the figures were "leaked" and people were upset it didn't have p2 cody and multiple p2 212th.

On 2/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, Guyon2002 said:

She doesn't even have pupils!