MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, NeutralNoodle said:

My apologies if this has been brought up but I haven’t seen anyone mention it yet... since LEGO updated the Clone Trooper head with a new skin tone and face print that looks more like Temuera Morrison than the old “Angry Clone” face, do we think Boba will get a new face in this style in the $50 Slave I?

I don't think it has, but its a very good point, since they are the same person.

4 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

"a lull in Star Wars content" did we watch the same Disney Investor Day? that's not going to be a thing until like 2026 at the EARLIEST. the idea is solid though, and therefore Lego will do the exact opposite of that. 

True, but there's also been somewhat of an apprehension since Rebels about putting out stuff for TV shows prior to their actual release.  The Mandalorian got one very safe set (AT-ST, which is a vehicle people are already familiar with, LEGO can't really make it inaccurate from the show, like how the Ghost interior was severely lacking, and pretty cheap), Bad Batch has one set that was already introduced in Clone Wars and seems very safe (expensive, but people already know the model, the ship design is close to Palpatine's Shuttle, and the characters that are included are ones that people were requesting anyway, and LEGO finally seems to get that Clone Wars stuff does have a demand, and this show seems like it's going to be very very close in style to TCW), and that's it.  Not even the Book of Boba Fett, which in theory should be a very easy show to market, since they already introduced Fennec and re-introduced Boba Fett, has a set coming in this summer wave.  

3 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

My apologies if this has been brought up but I haven’t seen anyone mention it yet... since LEGO updated the Clone Trooper head with a new skin tone and face print that looks more like Temuera Morrison than the old “Angry Clone” face, do we think Boba will get a new face in this style in the $50 Slave I?

I would guess this is one of the reasons why the Slave 1 is getting a new release so soon after the previous one, so this change can be made. Of course it's easy to do with substituting a 501st head with an existing Boba fig, but it will be good to have an official minifig in the updated style.

6 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

True, but there's also been somewhat of an apprehension since Rebels about putting out stuff for TV shows prior to their actual release.  The Mandalorian got one very safe set (AT-ST, which is a vehicle people are already familiar with, LEGO can't really make it inaccurate from the show, like how the Ghost interior was severely lacking, and pretty cheap), Bad Batch has one set that was already introduced in Clone Wars and seems very safe (expensive, but people already know the model, the ship design is close to Palpatine's Shuttle, and the characters that are included are ones that people were requesting anyway, and LEGO finally seems to get that Clone Wars stuff does have a demand, and this show seems like it's going to be very very close in style to TCW), and that's it.  Not even the Book of Boba Fett, which in theory should be a very easy show to market, since they already introduced Fennec and re-introduced Boba Fett, has a set coming in this summer wave.  

The difference now is that the TV series aren't competing with anything. It made sense for Lego to cheap out on their Rebels set budget in favour of a big The Force Awakens line-up because the latter is obviously going to be more popular, but currently Star Wars movies aren't slated to release until 2023, 2025 and 2027, which gives a good two years where the upcoming series have no competition and can have all of Lego's attention.

18 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

the idea is solid though, and therefore Lego will do the exact opposite of that. 

Wait, this doesn't compute. It involves sequels, and I thought that according to this forum for a set to be good it had to be a prequel set. :laugh:

In actuality I could see them doing this, and it does seem like they've been listening to the fans recently. Everyone complained about the x-wing and tie being overpriced in jan 2020, 2021 has a new x-wing and tie each at almost half the price. Everyone complained that there weren't enough clone wars and mando sets: the next wave seems to be almost exclusively comprised of clone wars and mando sets.

14 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

He'll either get a new face print with the same skin tone or the exact same head as the 501st trooper.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

After seeing MandR's Summer Wave 2021 SW set rumour YouTube video, I think I'll be purchasing the below;

Dual on Mandalore (75310)
Imperial Troop Transport (75311)
Bad Batch Shuttle (75314)
Moff Gideon's Imperial Cruiser (75314)
Bo-Katan's Mandalorian Fighter (75316)
Darth Vader's Meditation Chamber (75369)

I hope the rumours are true!! :classic:

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

He'll either get a new face print with the same skin tone or the exact same head as the 501st trooper.

Probably the latter. Boba in normal OT sets usually reuses a clone head. I don't see him getting a new headprint until the Book of Boba Fett sets.

Speaking of new headprints, I hope the Mando figure in Gideon's cruiser gets a new one. It's really needed at this point and would serve as an upgrade to the recently released beskar version as well.

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

Probably the latter. Boba in normal OT sets usually reuses a clone head. I don't see him getting a new headprint until the Book of Boba Fett sets.

True, but so did every single helmeted FO and imperial trooper during that timespan. It's certainly possible, but I wouldn't count out a new print just yet.

20 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

Speaking of new headprints, I hope the Mando figure in Gideon's cruiser gets a new one. It's really needed at this point and would serve as an upgrade to the recently released beskar version as well.

That would be a nice addition. If they don't update it, Cassian Andor's head works really well, especially with ROTS Anakin's hair in dark brown.

2 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

Agree, with the AT-ST they probably legitimately didn't know if they should include a face print, since him removing his helmet in the season one finale was kind of a big deal, and even with the Razor Crest, since they rushed production, it was probably too soon to not be classified as a spoiler.  I think that the black looks better, but it would be nice to get a printed face, especially for that set in particular.

Finished building Trouble on Tatooine a few days ago, and it's a great set. The builds are really cool and somehow unique, especially to SW. Baby Yoda looks really cute.

Oh man, The Mandalorian looks fantastic tho. Printings are fantastic, and that helmet doesn't look nearly as bad as it looks in some if the pictures. Sure, it's definitely not perfect, but nor is it awful. It's... acceptable. 

According to Zusammengebaut's toy fair coverage, the information for Star Wars was just a teaser picture of a big ball ... Death Star confirmed?

https://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-keine-spielwarenmesse-2021-alle-lego-neuheiten-113557/

Edit, the joke's on me, apparently.  It's not April 1, and Zusammengebaut is usually a trustworthy source.  Sorry about that.

The entire article was a joke by Zusammengebaut, and they admitted as such deep in the comments.  I don't usually read the comments on Zusammengebaut, so I took the article at face value even though it seemed a little strange.  I'm sorry for posting something false.  It was entirely unintentional.  Gosh darnit, the 27th of January is not the 1st of April!

Edited by icm

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Finished building Trouble on Tatooine a few days ago, and it's a great set. The builds are really cool and somehow unique, especially to SW. Baby Yoda looks really cute.

Oh man, The Mandalorian looks fantastic tho. Printings are fantastic, and that helmet doesn't look nearly as bad as it looks in some if the pictures. Sure, it's definitely not perfect, but nor is it awful. It's... acceptable. 

It really is a great set, the value is pretty good at $30 too. I think his helmet could have used a bit of printing for the detailing above the visor but it's not necessary given how good the rest of the figure is

Dammit! The razorcrest came back in stock in the uk (I received an email) but I got the email at 12:20 and only just realised I had an email and checked, and they're out of stock again... Guarantee half went to bloody scalpers :angry:

Someone on the leak page is saying that there is a rumor about the figs in the UCS gunship being a red Clone captain and a Jedi, probably Mace Windu. Salt applied, this seems unfortunately believable.

9 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Someone on the leak page is saying that there is a rumor about the figs in the UCS gunship being a red Clone captain and a Jedi, probably Mace Windu. Salt applied, this seems unfortunately believable.

Huge mound of salt applied, the amount of figures seems totally believable, but a UCS Gunship without a pilot minifigure does not seem plausible to me.

I noticed the 2021 Slave I supposedly has 587 pieces. That's over 100 more than the X-Wing. With that in mind, I don't think it's likely the Slave I will be revealed to have additional figures like when we found out the X-Wing had the General & Princess.

I meant ^that comment to be a follow-up to a previous conversation, but, that said, I really hope that does end up being the case with the UCS Gunship:

20 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Huge mound of salt applied, the amount of figures seems totally believable, but a UCS Gunship without a pilot minifigure does not seem plausible to me.

I can't imagine them not including some combo of Pilot(s), Bob, and/or Cody. It'd be odd if they completely ignored the fans, though, so maybe they'd do one as a GWP. Hopefully the obscured figure is one of those and not Windu.

It's a *ucs* gunship, not minifig sized (highly doubtful) and so requires no pilot for play value, so I could totally understand them not including a pilot. If its true there are only 2 figs, which would seem underwhelming for those expecting an excessive amount of figs, then its totally believable they might not include a pilot, but perhaps a single troop and a single jedi, as we're often carried many times, and so very relevant. 

The A-Wing included an A-Wing pilot. The Y-Wing included a Y-Wing pilot. The snowspeeder included two snowspeeder pilots. The Slave I included Boba Fett. The TIE fighter included a TIE pilot. Every UCS model that has one or more cockpits included minifigures of the corresponding pilots. It would be very surprising if the gunship didn't.

9 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

It's a *ucs* gunship, not minifig sized (highly doubtful) and so requires no pilot for play value, so I could totally understand them not including a pilot.

I know, but that stands for most UCS sets yet the standard minifigure inclusion is more often that not the pilot even so - A-Wing, Y-Wing, Snowspeeder, etc.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

There wouldn't be a UCS gunship without a pilot, I highly doubt this. What's the account that "leaked" it, I haven't seen this anywhere and it sounds sketchy.

13 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

It's a *ucs* gunship, not minifig sized (highly doubtful) and so requires no pilot for play value, so I could totally understand them not including a pilot. If its true there are only 2 figs, which would seem underwhelming for those expecting an excessive amount of figs, then its totally believable they might not include a pilot, but perhaps a single troop and a single jedi, as we're often carried many times, and so very relevant. 

Almost every UCS set that included figures has included the pilot of the craft that's the set. If there's no pilot required for play value, no figures are required for play value, and wouldn't most people want to display the gunship with the correct pilot?

As more of a general reminder to people: While this leak is probably fake, I think it's important for people to remember that as a UCS set this thing will probably have like 2-3 figures, so don't go around expecting 2224 clone troopers.

14 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

The A-Wing included an A-Wing pilot. The Y-Wing included a Y-Wing pilot. The snowspeeder included two snowspeeder pilots. The Slave I included Boba Fett. The TIE fighter included a TIE pilot. Every UCS model that has one or more cockpits included minifigures of the corresponding pilots. It would be very surprising if the gunship didn't.

I think you're missing one vital point. It's a transport. All your listed sets only have one type of person in them. Pilots, so it'd make no sense to include anything but pilots. Except the slave 1. That's a unique ship. Belonging to a popular character, so it'd be stupid to not include the character. But they also included other figs too. So, while yes, boba was the pilot, it's more the fact its his own personal ship. Not because he piloted it. 

The gunship? Well, its not unique to any specific character or pilot. 

So, while I understand your points, I don't feel they hold any weight for this case. 

If it's a fake leak/rumour, and we get a pilot, that's cool. I got no issue with it. If its true, then tbh, I'd actually much rather have a unique looking clone and hopefully unique jedi... 

Edited by Fuppylodders

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

red Clone captain

I knew Captain Fordo would win the minifig poll! /s

I don't see Lego pushing out a Gunship without a pilot, only reason I can see otherwise is they feel like they can't do it justice with the regular P1 helmet but don't want to make a one off mold for it. 

5 hours ago, icm said:

According to Zusammengebaut's toy fair coverage, the information for Star Wars was just a teaser picture of a big ball ... Death Star confirmed?

If it's not a new DS - and looking at the history of UCS DS, a new one is highly probable - i would be overjoyed, if they did a new planet series.