MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

An Imperial battle pack seems redundant to me in a wave that already has the Imperial Transport filling a similar role. I just don't see it happening.

14 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Yeah I hadn't thought of that though haven't we had an Imperial troop battle pack recently with the 2020 or was it 2019 remake? 

The remake was in 2019, last year's battlepacks were the Mandalorian and Sith Trooper packs IIRC.

I doubt this will be an army builder set; the easiest factions to do a set in that style would be clones (already had them), Imperial stormtroopers (ITT kinda does that already as @wesker said), or First Order stormtroopers (possible, but after so many years of sequel material I think LEGO is letting that lie for a bit, and stormies wouldn't be the first thing to get remade). Other options: rebellion/resistance (not really any recognisable vehicles aside from a snowspeeder) or droids (I don't think many people are clamouring for a way to build a droid army).

Even if it were an army builder, I think the 212th is really unlikely (as much as I would love that): they're nowhere near as well-known as the 501st, and you'd have to put two different vehicles in there to set it apart from last year's.

Has the US price of 75302 Imperial Shuttle been confirmed?  I've seen conflicting information of $70 and $80.  The former would obviously be preferable (and a lot more reasonable, IMO).

13 hours ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Ok, that's what I was saying too. It's so hard to tell if people are being sarcastic or not when reading comments sometimes. We're totally on the same page.

Ok, cool.

14 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I saw that one too, but MandR’s video clarifies that Bo-Katan is in the Mandalorian Fighter while Mando, Grogu, Cara Dune, Fennec Shand, Moff Gideon, and an unknown figure are in the Arquitens. The original one must have been mistaken. 

Huh. Thanks for the info. 

Before we spend three pages debating the contents of this supposed $30 501st-style set, where/how was this leaked? I remember there's an unknown $30 set but I haven't seen any leak saying that it's a battle pack type set.

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ok, cool.

Huh. Thanks for the info. 

Before we spend three pages debating the contents of this supposed $30 501st-style set, where/how was this leaked? I remember there's an unknown $30 set but I haven't seen any leak saying that it's a battle pack type set.

Nowhere. People have hypothesised that because of its set number it been added on to the wave due to the success of the 501sf battle pack. Some say it is an exclusive and others do not. Honestly if it’s an exclusive no chance is it a battle pack style set. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

4 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Nowhere. People have hypothesised that because of its set number it been added on to the wave due to the success of the 501sf battle pack. Some say it is an exclusive and others do not. Honestly if it’s an exclusive no chance is it a battle pack style set. 

Bingo on that. If they were to make a very desirable army builder (like the 501st) that ideally sold out universally like it’s predecessor, why would they hamper both its success & distribution by making it a store exclusive?

12 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Mystery $30 set?  Obviously a new Snowspeeder.  :grin:

Or a new Luke's Landspeeder, that's a classic :laugh_hard:

If its a BP, I think it'll either be an Imperial one or a Droid one. I don't think its an army builder though, more than likely an A-Wing or Snowspeeder. 

A snowspeeder is actually a pretty good guess. The last one was way overpriced, it’s been out of stock for a while, and its pretty much the only one of the sets LEGO likes to keep on the shelf that is not there right now.

5 hours ago, Brickroll said:

A snowspeeder is actually a pretty good guess. The last one was way overpriced, it’s been out of stock for a while, and its pretty much the only one of the sets LEGO likes to keep on the shelf that is not there right now.

The only way I'd be okay with this is if they finally redesign it including a new canopy.

11 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I agree. No way they make the only BP of the year a store exclusive.

I don't want to speculate on the contents of this set since every time there's speculation on this forum it turns into rumors and then instagram "leaks" (example: death star as the 2hy d2c.).  On the other hand, it's already happening, so... I guess a snowspeeder is a good option, seeing as it is sort of a staple set, not currently in stock, and definitely in need of a remake (that canopy does not work). The OT and ST don't have many sets this wave, depending on whether you count mando as OT or it's own thing, so it's most likely from one of those trilogies. 

9 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Which of the summer sets will you guys be picking up?

Depending on the final releases, I think the Mandalorian Gaulent/Starfighter will be my number 1 set.

I am very interested to see Gideon’s Cruiser, it may take out the top spot :)

I will probably buy all of the regular sets eventually.

No way is the exclusive set a snowspeeder. That vehicle is TLG‘s holy grail, their omnipotent god immortalised in brick form, their golden glue that holds the universe together. It has to be front and center, no chance it gets relegated to a puny retailer unworthy of its pure awesomeness :tongue:

I don't think there's much point debating what the $30 set will be, but I am intrigued to see what such a cheap store exclusive will be.

32 minutes ago, Thieda said:

At the moment, the Arquitens is top of the list for me, closely followed by the Bad Batch shuttle. I'll wait to see pictures before passing a final judgment though.

1 hour ago, Thieda said:

I ordered the X-wing last week and Trouble on Tatooine today. I was lucky with that one as the retailer has sold almost 30 in the 4 hours or so it was available. I’ll probably get the TIE eventually as well for an Interceptor MOC.

BTW, have someone else thought of the decreasing lack of medium and large size location sets? Last few years the only large one we have been getting is Darth Vaders castle, and we haven't been getting any medium ones either last few years. TLG were good at realsing them in relation to TFA, where we got three of them. But since that it's only Scarif and Snokes throne set what I recall.

Hi all, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but do you think they'll be any more Solo/Rogue One sets in the future? I get why we haven't got many since Solo since it wasn't that long ago but we're gonna be coming up on 5 years since the release of Rogue One at the end of the year and we've had nothing since 2017 I believe? 

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

BTW, have someone else thought of the decreasing lack of medium and large size location sets? Last few years the only large one we have been getting is Darth Vaders castle, and we haven't been getting any medium ones either last few years. TLG were good at realsing them in relation to TFA, where we got three of them. But since that it's only Scarif and Snokes throne set what I recall.

Well there was the Cantina and Cloud City, but those are not standard system scale sets. I think SW just doesn’t quite lend itself to scenes as well as ships.

Sorry for not reading through all the pages but has there been any more about the helmet collection and what the third could be. I’m hoping for either Boushh or a Royal Guard to have a ROTJ theme going

5 hours ago, Thieda said:

Definitely the Gauntlet Fighter, definitely not the Arquitens, since I like the former ship a lot more and I'm almost certain that every figure exclusive to the latter set will appear again at some point. Those are the only certainties I have at the moment.

5 hours ago, Thieda said:

Both of the Clone Wars sets for sure and probably the Bad Batch shuttle if I really like the show. The Arquitens is a bit out of my budget but I’d like to get that at some point as well.