MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really don't see the point behind this new Slave I. If it had to be an OT version why not base it on The Mandalorian?

Probably get more sales this way. People who just want an OT Slave 1 and those figs will buy the set, then there will be those who don't want an OT fig selection but do want a Slave 1 because of The Mandalorian. Those same people will then have to go and buy the other Mando sets if they want the figs to go with it. Whereas if you make the Slave 1 a Mando set you'd have to make it only have Boba so people have to still buy the other sets to get more Mando figures. But then you alienate a small proportion of the market that still would only buy a Slave 1 for OT figs and they also couldn't then save a Mando Boba to be exclusive for any future Book of Boba sets.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Footnote: The Mandalore Throne Room set means the new extended lightsaber hilt piece is likely finally going to make an appearance as an actual lightsaber hilt piece.

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I didn‘t mean the PT one (even if that would be preferable as well), I meant the Mando version :laugh: Why another stinking %***@€ Han and OT Boba when we could‘ve had Mando Boba and Fennec instead? Now we won‘t see them in ages :sadnew: Sometimes I really don‘t get their thought process

I dunno, this wave kind of shows LEGO is getting turned back on to the prospect of making sets based on TV shows, since Mando was kind of a smash hit.  I would think it's very likely that the Book of Boba Fett gets at least one set next winter, and it seems like those two are going to be the main characters for sure.  I agree it's odd that they went with the OT version of the ship, especially if they were only doing two figures anyway (my initial thought was that they didn't want to repeat Beskar Mando + Grogu too many times, but if it was only two figures regardless, Fennec + Boba could've made a lot of sense), but I wouldn't give up hope on an old Boba (plus, there's now reports saying we're getting Fennec in Gideon's cruiser).

This set list sounds way too good to be true but if it is, man that makes me very happy! (and my wallet very sad). Gideon's Light Cruiser sounds awesome, the Imperial Transport is great, the Mandalorian throne, Bad Batch Shuttle, Mandalorian Fighter, and I'm a sucker for Boba Fett and Slave I but there's no way it'll be nearly as good as the 20th anniversary Slave I and the minifig selection is incredibly disappointing(I'm really, really hoping it's wrong and it's actually Boba Fett and Fennic Shand). It's not even based on the Mandalorian or Attack of the Clones! Dangit I can't resist, I'll end up getting it anyway, especially for $50. Seriously though, we are looooong overdue for a new Jango Fett Slave I LEGO, it's been 20 years! 

So there is one $30 set still not revealed correct, 75319?  Could this be a 501st style super battle pack?

Just now, azanderk said:

So there is one $30 set still not revealed correct, 75319?  Could this be a 501st style super battle pack?

apparently that one is going to be a Target exclusive so i'm not too sure if it would be a battle pack of sorts

14 minutes ago, azanderk said:

It sounds like the ITT is the closest thing we'll get to an army builder (which, if the mortar trooper is indeed in there, should be the first variant of stormtrooper in the new mould which is cool debunked, it'll actually be the third. Nevermind :laugh:).

Are there any Target exclusives that have been this cheap in the past? I thought they tended to be the more expensive sets, but being a European I don't know how they normally shake out.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

3 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

It sounds like the ITT is the closest thing we'll get to an army builder (which, if the mortar trooper is indeed in there, should be the first variant of stormtrooper in the new mould which is cool).

We already got sandtroopers with that new helmet mold :wink:

4 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

(which, if the mortar trooper is indeed in there, should be the first variant of stormtrooper in the new mould which is cool).

There was the Shadow Trooper in the 20th Anniversary Dropship set, if that counts. 

57 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

It sounds like the ITT is the closest thing we'll get to an army builder (which, if the mortar trooper is indeed in there, should be the first variant of stormtrooper in the new mould which is cool debunked, it'll actually be the third. Nevermind :laugh:).

Are there any Target exclusives that have been this cheap in the past? I thought they tended to be the more expensive sets, but being a European I don't know how they normally shake out.

I think they do typically tend to fall as more expensive, the cheapest one I can think of was a $40 Walmart exclusive Ahsoka's fighter.  However, I'm not sure if that's a Target exclusive, since someone else had said the Mandalorian Fighter was a Target exclusive, and I don't think they'd do two exclusives in one wave to the same store.  Could be that the info is wrong and one is a Walmart exclusive or something, though.

Ah jaysus I'm going bankrupt. Here's hoping Gideon and the Fennec will come in a cheaper set because it's either the Arquitens alone or the Gauntlet Fighter plus some other stuff, and I'm choosing the Kom'rk because those things are beautiful.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Falconfan, Nino Leaks, Michaelbricks (who I've not heard of but is followed by Landino, who is 100% legit), and, as much as I disagree with him on some stuff, MandR has leaked enough legit info to be a credible source for leaks at this point, have all dropped some parts of this info, so I'd trust it.

I agree, that if you had told me two weeks ago this was the lineup, I probably would've said "Yeah, right, whatever you say" but there's a lot of sources that have proven before they have information for this to just be complete BS.

Has anyone besides MandR leaked anything more than "bo is coming in one of the sets?"

IF this list is real, that'd be great. I'll definitely get the troop transport, and at the very least fennec and bo figures if not the cruise itself. Again, IF it's real.

I am really dying to know what figures will be in the Gunship set! I need a new Shaak Ti! I was very hopeful she would be in this new set!!! Anyone have any ideas?

Just now, Arctic122189 said:

I am really dying to know what figures will be in the Gunship set! I need a new Shaak Ti! I was very hopeful she would be in this new set!!! Anyone have any ideas?

Just keep your expectations very low. UCS sets don't typically include more than one or two (pilot) minifigs. I'm not saying it's impossible, but don't forget that even the ISD only had two :shrug_oh_well: The model is the main attraction there, exclusive minifigs are just the icing on the cake. My guess? Two clone pilots, but with an accurate new mould for the helmet :classic: I'd be happy with that

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just keep your expectations very low. UCS sets don't typically include more than one or two (pilot) minifigs. I'm not saying it's impossible, but don't forget that even the ISD only had two :shrug_oh_well: The model is the main attraction there, exclusive minifigs are just the icing on the cake. My guess? Two clone pilots, but with an accurate new mould for the helmet :classic: I'd be happy with that

Maybe it’s just the Mandela effect, but wasn’t it confirmed that the minifigs that got the most votes were p2 Cody and Jedi Bob?

Just now, Brickroll said:

Maybe it’s just the Mandela effect, but wasn’t it confirmed that the minifigs that got the most votes were p2 Cody and Jedi Bob?

Wait, there was an option to vote for minifigs? Have I missed something? *huh*

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm keeping my expectations to one clone pilot. Don't think I can get any lower than that, but I'd love Lego to prove me wrong. Maybe that Commander Cody that was so ominously missing from Grievous' Starfighter.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Wait, there was an option to vote for minifigs? Have I missed something? *huh*

There wasn't a vote as such, but they did ask what figures people would like to see in the set. So maybe they may include say a pilot and one other fig based on a general consensus of what people who voted were looking for.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Maybe that Commander Cody that was so ominously missing from Grievous' Starfighter.

Depends on which property the set's based on (AOTC, ROTS, TCW). I would say AOTC, in which case Cody wouldn't make much sense :grin: 

39 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Has anyone besides MandR leaked anything more than "bo is coming in one of the sets?"

IF this list is real, that'd be great. I'll definitely get the troop transport, and at the very least fennec and bo figures if not the cruise itself. Again, IF it's real.

Falconfan and Nino on Instagram posted this list as well, so I assume it's legitimate.

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Depends on which property the set's based on (AOTC, ROTS, TCW). I would say AOTC, in which case Cody wouldn't make much sense :grin: 

• They could do a dual property in theory. I think a pilot is a given, but then why ask fans what they would want to see if they aren't considering including any other figures? Sure it's a way of gaging what figures their customers want for other sets and they may have had no intention of including any in the gunship, but that would be a really good way to annoy a huge vocal fanbase by seemingly ignoring them after being specifically asked. And I can't say for sure, but I think Cody was the answer of many. Of course Lego works in their own mysterious ways which is why all our speculation often seems completely pointless apart from the fact that it keeps us busy. :laugh:
Edited by BacktoBricks

Really liking the sound of this set list. Looks like the Slave is going to be more along the lines of the recent X-Wing and TIE fighter - but I don't mind that. It's nice it's going to be cheaper than the last one. Shame it's not going to Mando or PT version though. 

Good to see Mandlorian and the Clone Wars getting more sets. Bad Batch is going to be amazing. And finally Bo Katan is getting a figure! 

Absolutely amazing list of sets,i am beyond happy.
I waited for new mandalorian fighter for so long,figures in it are amazing especially Gar Saxon  and Bo Katan. I will buy multiple for my army.
Mandalore throne room sounds great especially if they make new clone wars maul and a cool throne chair.
Super happy LEGO didnt pull knight of ren on us with bad batch and put them in multiple sets,buying that one too.
Couldnt care less about ucs R2D2 and that promo.
Slave 1 is a must buy for me if its from the mandalorian,and pass if its OT,really salty that we still cant get Jango Fett Slave 1.
Not gonna lie Vader meditation chamber sounds cool and officer like Piett would be a great addition,definitely a possible buy.
Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser i have no interests in unless it comes with Bo Katan or Koska Reeves.
Imperial Transport also sounds great,not really excited about those figures,but i want the vehicle.
UCS Gunship is way more expensive than i expected,i wanted 200$ set i can buy 2 of. If Gideons cruiser doesnt come with Katan/Reeves and Gunship doesnt come with jedi bob i will get it.
I didnt expect the wave to be this good,just with 5 x  mando fighters,throne room,2 x ITT,Bad Batch Shuttle i am 500$ in without Cruiser/Gunship/Slave 1/Med. Chamber depending on figures.