MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Assuming the list is true, WOW! I am so excited for this lineup, it honestly seems like one of the more interesting Star Wars waves in recent memory. 

News keeps coming :drool:

A $20 set with Ahsoka and Maul is a must-buy for me.

Imperial Troop Transport is also great as it's based on Mando S2, but it kinda sucks that it includes only Greef as a good guy.

The Meditation Chamber sounds great tho, finally an 18+ set that is not a bust or a D2C.

Slave I is a bug disappointment tho, as it includes only Han and Boba (which is definitely not from Mando).

Maclunkey, this sounds like a great wave if it pans out, especially because a lot of these sets are what I was theorizing on the wanted thread!

An ITT, Bad Batch Shuttle, Moff Gideon’s Cruiser, and Mandalorian Fighter were all on my list. I’m just surprised we’re getting all of them! Hopefully 75316 is based off the Siege of Mandalore and we can somehow get a new Rex minifigure finally! That alone would make this a perfect wave.

A Mandalorian Throne and Vault is something I thought that we’d never see. I figured that those two Clone Wars sets we got over the summer were going to be it, but we’re actually getting a new Clone Wars Maul!

I’m assuming 75319 is another army builder set like the 501st, but I don’t know what other faction could warrant such a set. Maybe something for the Empire, but I don’t know.

75369 sounds pretty odd. It sounds like another random little playset like the Hoth Medical Chamber, but if it gives us the detailed Vader from the Bespin and Death Star 2 Duels, I’m not complaining!

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

There’s a good chance it’s from The Mandalorian and/or Book of Boba Fett, so it’ll likely have new figures (I’m guessing old Boba and Fennec Shan for sure), rather than just the Boba Fett/Han in Carbonite/Bespin Guard/one of the bounty hunters figure lineup we typically get.  

You say that, apparently it'll have Boba, Han and... No-one else. I guess they had to bring the price down somehow :laugh:

mandr has a video up on the full lineup. His info doesn't match some of the info discussed so far (e.g. no Bo in the Cruiser).

I'm pretty happy IF true. While I'd preferred a few things (e.g. Gunship size, non-Bad Batch Clones) the only glaring omission is an affordable way to get Captain Rex. Guess there's still the Advent Calendar & the $30 store exclusive...

Edited by Pedilego

Whilst it's an interesting line up in many ways, I do yearn for some more genuine PT. Not Clone Wars, just original PT. The Gunship is great of course, but it's probably minifigure light. Even if they'd just made the Slave 1 PT we could have got Jango and young Boba and even a Kaminoan. 

1 minute ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

You say that, apparently it'll have Boba, Han and... No-one else. I guess they had to bring the price down somehow :laugh:

Yeah, I found that right after I replied to you.  Womp-womp. I might still get it, since I only have the Cloud City and 2000 versions of the set, but I’ll have to see the size.

These figure lineups are strange, the Mandalorian fighter apparently is from Clone Wars, since it has Bo-Katan and Gar Saxon (at least, I assume it’s not the Rebels version) when I would’ve guessed they’d do a Mando version with Bo-Katan, Koska Reeves and maybe old Boba.  

IF this wave is 100% true, I’m guessing it sells very, very well.

All of this sounds very intriguing, but I hope the minifig selection of the Slave 1 is wrong :tongue: Giving us ANOTHER OT version after only two years while there‘s a very obvious version they could‘ve done instead would be flat-out insulting

2 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

mandr has a video up on the full lineup. His info doesn't match some of the info discussed so far (e.g. no Bo in the Cruiser).

It looks like either way, she’s coming in the Mandalorian fighter, which might actually be better since that’s $60, not $160, and the figure likely would’ve looked the same, since her armor and appearance didn’t really change much between TCW/Rebels/Mando.

A $50 Slave One with Han Solo and Boba Fett sounds too good to be true to me.  The 2019 version was amazing, but I couldn't afford it and all I really wanted were the Han and Boba figures anyway.

4 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Yeah, I found that right after I replied to you.  Womp-womp. I might still get it, since I only have the Cloud City and 2000 versions of the set, but I’ll have to see the size.

These figure lineups are strange, the Mandalorian fighter apparently is from Clone Wars, since it has Bo-Katan and Gar Saxon (at least, I assume it’s not the Rebels version) when I would’ve guessed they’d do a Mando version with Bo-Katan, Koska Reeves and maybe old Boba.  

IF this wave is 100% true, I’m guessing it sells very, very well.

It happens :laugh: I agree on the weird figure lineups. I'm very surprised the Mandalorian fighter is apparently the Clone Wars version, IIRC they were barely in the last season. I guess they get some more mileage out of the Bo Katan figure though.

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

All of this sounds very intriguing, but I hope the minifig selection of the Slave 1 is wrong :tongue: Giving us ANOTHER OT version after only two years while there‘s a very obvious version they could‘ve done instead would be flat-out insulting

Same, but given it's been in Mandalorian and the Book of Boba is coming later this version of Slave I does make way more sense from a marketing PoV.

Ah well. I got my Bad Batch and Arquitens so I'm happy for now :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

To be honest this is one of the best SW wave in the last few years. To sum up:

• 2 The Mandalorian sets

• 2 The Clone Wars sets

• 2 OT Trilogy sets (one of them being 18+)

• 1 The Bad Batch set

• 3 UCS sets and 1 Advent Calendar

This is as much variety as we'll ever get, and I love it.

How much salt should we take with this? It feels too good to be true...to quote the 2003 Clone Wars, “Something’s not right....”

Just now, TeddytheSpoon said:

Same, but given it's been in Mandalorian and the Book of Boba is coming later this version of Slave I does make way more sense from a marketing PoV.

I didn‘t mean the PT one (even if that would be preferable as well), I meant the Mando version :laugh: Why another stinking %***@€ Han and OT Boba when we could‘ve had Mando Boba and Fennec instead? Now we won‘t see them in ages :sadnew: Sometimes I really don‘t get their thought process

Just now, icm said:

A $50 Slave One with Han Solo and Boba Fett sounds too good to be true to me.  The 2019 version was amazing, but I couldn't afford it and all I really wanted were the Han and Boba figures anyway.

I think it's doable, the 2000 version was like $20 and was similar in size to the one that came with Cloud City (albeit much, much, much blockier), and the 2006 version was $50 and looks pretty good, at least in my opinion.  I forget the price on the 2002 version.  But anyway, just for reference, the 2005 X-Wing was also $50, so if they scaled down their current X-Wing to $50, I think they can drop the Slave I to the same price, just like it used to be, and it still will look fine.

Also, not sure if anyone mentioned, but FalconFan on Instagram said that the Lars Homestead GWP will probably be micro-scale (which would make sense given how the last two May UCS GWPs have been micro-builds).  And while I think LEGO would want to put enticing stuff out as GWPs to make the sets sell better, I don't think they'd be cruel enough to make a long-desired set only available for a couple thousand people that buy a $200 set.  

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I didn‘t mean the PT one (even if that would be preferable as well), I meant the Mando version :laugh: Why another stinking %***@€ Han and OT Boba when we could‘ve had Mando Boba and Fennec instead? Now we won‘t see them in ages :sadnew: Sometimes I really don‘t get their thought process

Oh right :laugh: getting ahead of myself there, apologies. The sentiment remains shared though.

Here's the complete list from Ryan's video:

75307 - Advent Calendar ($40 USD)

75308 - UCS R2-D2 ($200 USD) w/ Homestead GWP

75309 - UCS Gunship ($350 USD)

75310 - Mandalore Throne & Vault - Ahsoka and Maul ($20 USD)

75311 - Imperial Transport - 2x stormtrooper, Greef Karga, and mortar trooper ($40 USD)

75312 - Slave 1 - Boba Fett and Han ($50 USD)

75313 - UCS Unknown - Death Star or AT-AT? ($800 USD)

75314 - Bad Batch Shuttle - Echo, Hunter, Crosshair, Tech, and Wrecker ($100 USD)

75315 - Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser - Beskar Mando, Grogu, Cara Dune, Fennec Shand, Moff Gideon, and unknown (possibly a dark trooper) ($160 USD)

75316 - Mandalorian Fighter - Bo-Katan, Gar Saxon, and blue mandalorian loyalist  ($60 USD - Walmart exclusive)

75319 - Unknown ($30 USD - Target exclusive)

75369 Meditation Chamber (18+) - Darth Vader, stormtrooper, and imperial officer (most likely Piett)

Edited by avengers777

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

To be honest this is one of the best SW wave in the last few years. To sum up:

• 2 The Mandalorian sets

• 2 The Clone Wars sets

• 2 OT Trilogy sets (one of them being 18+)

The other kind of interesting thing is that there's some overlap between the various properties with the builds.  The ITT is Mando-based, but also appeared heavily in Rebels, but we never got a full-scale one, so anyone with Rebels figures can very easily swap them out and have that finally.  Slave I and the Mandalorian Fighter aren't based on Mando, but did both appear in Season 2, so again, there's some crossover there (even if the figures aren't 100% the same).

I do wonder, if Bo-Katan isn't in Gideon's Cruiser, maybe it's either Koska Reeves or Fenec Shan?  Or, I guess maybe Cara Dune, since we only got her once in the AT-ST.  I highly doubt they would put you know who in there, since that still might be a spoiler for some people, but I guess it's possible.  It just seems like a lineup of four figures + the Child seems too light for a $160 set, I feel like they need one more hero figure besides just Mando.

EDIT: once again, my info it outdated as soon as I post.  :laugh: So I guess the Dark Trooper is now the one up in the air, but Fennec and Cara ARE coming.

Edited by Kit Figsto

Basically this wave seems to be Lego going “oh wow Clone Wars and Mando are what people want” and I am very happy about that. And they’ve managed to balance with the OT sets for new fans which is also great. Now I’m going to have to figure out how to get them before they all get bought by scalpers and sold for more then a small car. 

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

How much salt should we take with this? It feels too good to be true...to quote the 2003 Clone Wars, “Something’s not right....”

MandR is usually pretty accurate with his scoops. The 501st set campaign and actual set rumors both stemmed from him.

This honestly might be my favorite Lego Star Wars wave of all time. I loved last summer’s, but this is giving me just about everything I want from the theme I want right now.

Just now, avengers777 said:

Here's the complete list from Ryan's video:

*snip*

If this is true, I'm thrilled that we will be getting the whole Mando "crew", at least aside from Koska Reeves who I hope we get eventually.

3 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Falconfan, Nino Leaks, Michaelbricks (who I've not heard of but is followed by Landino, who is 100% legit), and, as much as I disagree with him on some stuff, MandR has leaked enough legit info to be a credible source for leaks at this point, have all dropped some parts of this info, so I'd trust it.

I agree, that if you had told me two weeks ago this was the lineup, I probably would've said "Yeah, right, whatever you say" but there's a lot of sources that have proven before they have information for this to just be complete BS.