MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 12/12/2020 at 2:37 AM, Kit Figsto said:

Interesting, the Kohls (help: kohls contact number) near me actually have a really big Lego selection.  Like, a whole wall in their toy department is dedicated to it, and then in the holidays they'll sometimes get small displays in the middle of the store that have like Star Wars or Super Heroes stuff.  

Agree. Kohls near me has a lot of different types of Lego what my son really likes..

Edited by jessica_ashford

4 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

This might be old news, but I haven't seen it mentioned here: There's a "Yoda's Galaxy Atlas" book with an exclusive Yoda minifig coming out on 13 April. https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Yodas-Galaxy-Atlas/dp/0744027276

I don't recall anyone talking about this before. 

Looks like it's based on some hitherto unrevealed scene where Yoda took Luke's X-Wing for a joyride across the galaxy after lifting it from the swamps of Dagobah :tongue:

On 1/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, BigGuy4U said:

Yikes, that's steep. I wonder what they would do with that many parts. Any idea if it's MBS?

No idea, unfortunately. Everything that I've known regarding 75313 since shops stared hearing about it a few months ago has noe been "leaked" as of last week. Best guess is that it's a larger rendition of 75159 (DS I) or a new Sandcrawler. I would bet that it's an ANH kit.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:32 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

I speculate that it’s the opposite, they’re trying to maximise profits by “encouraging” us to buy direct from S@H. 

In terms of distribution we certainly aren’t their priority, that much is for sure. We never had lego stores until very recently, and most of the country’s stores opened last year I think.

It looks like the the Mando set and the X-wing will S@H exclusives and the scalpers have already bought them all and set the ebay prices as $90 and $190 already.

1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

It looks like the the Mando set and the X-wing will S@H exclusives and the scalpers have already bought them all and set the ebay prices as $90 and $190 already.

They're not exclusives. More likely its another supply issue and the remaining sets are coming in a separate shipment sometime in the next couple of weeks.

That's what happened last year when half the summer wave (Death Star Duel, Anakin and Grievous' Starfighters) was released in Australia at the beginning of August while the other half (501st, AAT, Night Buzzard and AT-AT) was delayed by around 3 weeks.

Stonewars have weighed in on the recent D2C discussion, and these are the bullet points in their article (https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-star-wars-ucs-sets-2021/):

• They think 75303 is probably dead
  • They confirm that 75309 is a statue
  • Might be R2-D2
  • They agree that the $350 one is likely the Gunship
  • The $800 set is NOT a new DS
  • They think it could be an AT-AT
  • There’s a $160 18+ set

Sounds pretty intriguing to me :classic: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

17 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Stonewars have weighed in on the recent D2C discussion, and these are the bullet points in their article (https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-star-wars-ucs-sets-2021/):

• Might be R2-D2
  • There’s a $160 18+ set

Thanks a lot for sharing here, I just wanted to keep a look at this thread so that our article is not misinterpreted.  :) 

So just a few things:

• I think that 75303 is dead, because a 4th D2C set that nobody heard anything about by now is kind of unlikely. But that could very well be wrong
  • They AT-AT thing is mostly a guess based on the fact, that we heard that it's not supposed to be a DS. Take this one with a huge grain of salt at the moment.
  • The $160 18+ set is mostly based on what @Azani posten on Instagram

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

• Might be R2-D2
  • There’s a $160 18+ set

Good article and good summary. Man, I was so disappointed when that shuttle didn’t pan out. I don’t usually buy into fake leaks but that one got me. 

An R2-D2 rerelease would be amazing. If that’s true I guess it would be the same design again since the last one was perfect, but they could smooth out his head. I already have the original so will be saving money for the big one in 2HY. 10225 is an amazing set and everyone should have a chance to get it. Now if they’ll just do C-3PO in the same scale as R2 and BB-8...

11,000 piece Death Star always sounded too good to be true.

Not to add fuel to the wishlist fire but the more I think about it, the big one is probably an AT-AT. Cavegod’s legendary MOC clocks in at between 6,000 and 7,000 pieces so it certainly is doable at the price point, it’s just the whole stability thing. 

Interested to see what the 18+ set turns out to be, but I really wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just another big ship set like a star destroyer (or something a little more relevant to recent Star Wars releases) with the 18+ label slapped on there. 

41 minutes ago, StoneWarsDE said:

Thanks a lot for sharing here, I just wanted to keep a look at this thread so that our article is not misinterpreted.  :) 

So just a few things:

• I think that 75303 is dead, because a 4th D2C set that nobody heard anything about by now is kind of unlikely. But that could very well be wrong
  • They AT-AT thing is mostly a guess based on the fact, that we heard that it's not supposed to be a DS. Take this one with a huge grain of salt at the moment.
  • The $160 18+ set is mostly based on what @Azani posten on Instagram

Thanks for sharing and @Lego-Freak for the summary. Interesting that the $160 set is an 18+; would that suggest something more display-oriented than play as last year's AT-AT was?

As for the potential R2-D2 re-release, was the statue not rumoured to be a probe droid? Personally I think that would make for a more interesting set.

Just now, TeddytheSpoon said:

As for the potential R2-D2 re-release, was the statue not rumoured to be a probe droid? Personally I think that would make for a more interesting set.

I think the probe droid was said to be smaller scale, like the porg and D-O.

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Does anyone know the Instagram handle for this user? 

@detective_azani. Won’t load for me either.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:
  • Might be R2-D2

This somewhat contradicts what we know. Pretty sure 75309 was the $350 set. It can't be both.

Edited by Zap Rowsdower

Just now, Zap Rowsdower said:

This somewhat contradicts what we know. Pretty sure 75309 was the $350 set. It can't be both.

You’re right, my bad :blush: The statue is 75308 of course

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

An R2-D2 rerelease would be amazing. If that’s true I guess it would be the same design again since the last one was perfect, but they could smooth out his head. 

11,000 piece Death Star always sounded too good to be true.

AT-AT.... it’s just the whole stability thing. 

They'd definitely update it. It had a fair bit of room for improvement as future mocs showed, but don't get me wrong.... 10225 was an exceptional iteration of R2D2 that certainly did tick all the boxes as a retail set. 

Not too good to be true, too ridiculous (imo). Look at the size of the coliseum. That's 9k parts. Add a further 2k and you'd have a coliseum sized ball. If it is a 11k ds, I'll eat a lego hat. (not a normal person sized one, that'd clog my internals up :laugh:). 

Through the improvements of Cavegods version that it's gone through, it proves stability isn't an issue. Anywhere between Raskalnikovs version and Cavegods version, we'd be onto a winner. It clearly wouldn't be a play set so while it'd be nice to have posable legs, it's not essential, and fixing them in place certainly removes any issue of stability. Piece count potential, easily fits in with the price. 

Unless... Its a pearl/chrome gold UCS C-3PO in scale with the possible R2 re-release :laugh:

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

75307 335 pcs

75310 147 pcs 

75311 478 pcs 

75312 592 pcs 

75314 969 pcs 

exabrickslegogo (Instagram) 

Prices are up as well

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Prices are up as well

Hadn’t realised we needed that info! Price and piece count suggests a continuation of what they did this winter with smaller models for better prices. Imagine some of the classic will be here. 

23 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Unless... Its a pearl/chrome gold UCS C-3PO in scale with the possible R2 re-release :laugh:

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope.

Just now, Brickroll said:

Given that Marvel just got a cmf confirmed, does that mean it’s not Star Wars?

Uhmm, yes? It can't be Marvel and SW at the same time can it? :laugh_hard: