MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Alright, I’m new here but I have been paying attention long enough to know the drill with fake leaks. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is. I came across this list on Reddit, and while the leaker is new, I’m cautiously optimistic. This is not my list for emphasis.

Many of the sets do seem very likely and could very well be true, such as the helmets, probe droids and UCS gunship, it was just the V-19 Torrent's inclusion that gave it away.

MBS sets are normally released on a two year cycle, 2018 - Cloud City, 2020 - Mos Eisley. I would predict that the next MBS set would be the Endor Bunker regardless however.

1 hour ago, Stuartn said:

the helmets, probe droids

I’m pretty sure the probe droid was confirmed by a legitimate leaker, as were the Vader and Scout Trooper helmet. The third helmet is coming, we just don’t know what it is yet. Everything else on that list is junk. 

I really like the idea of 3 MBS/ UCS sets in a year in one way because in my mind I'm picturing quality builds, but on the other hand this does concern me in terms of what it might mean for Gunship sales. It seems like the first PT UCS in a decade is now going to arrive in a year where competition for people's money in terms of what UCS they might be able to afford will be really high. Not only is there going to be three sets, but one of those sets will be at the peak price for UCS sets. People might love the Gunship, but simply decide they have to forgo it because they can't possibly afford that and the really really expensive UCS as well. Now in my mind I'd think that the majority of people, myself included, who might pick up the gunship might never go for the truly big UCS sets (either due to funds or space etc) so there won't be overwhelming competition from that angle, but then again there will be people who would happily get both if they could and will have to make a decision between - of course some might decide on the gunship, but some might use those funds towards saving for the bigger UCS. Or the big UCS set might just be one of those things that comes around so rarely (Death Star or AT-AT for example) that people change habits and go for it anyway. And that's without a third UCS/MBS potentially taking people's funds. I feel like it really is the time for a PT UCS and the gunship is a prime candidate for that era so it is going to be a great seller, but I do feel like the competition has been stacked against it and I really hope this doesn't mean it underperforms purely due to competition for funds and not because people don't want to support PT material and then Lego gets the wrong impression. 

36 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I really like the idea of 3 MBS/ UCS sets in a year in one way because in my mind I'm picturing quality builds, but on the other hand this does concern me in terms of what it might mean for Gunship sales. It seems like the first PT UCS in a decade is now going to arrive in a year where competition for people's money in terms of what UCS they might be able to afford will be really high. Not only is there going to be three sets, but one of those sets will be at the peak price for UCS sets. People might love the Gunship, but simply decide they have to forgo it because they can't possibly afford that and the really really expensive UCS as well. Now in my mind I'd think that the majority of people, myself included, who might pick up the gunship might never go for the truly big UCS sets (either due to funds or space etc) so there won't be overwhelming competition from that angle, but then again there will be people who would happily get both if they could and will have to make a decision between - of course some might decide on the gunship, but some might use those funds towards saving for the bigger UCS. Or the big UCS set might just be one of those things that comes around so rarely (Death Star or AT-AT for example) that people change habits and go for it anyway. And that's without a third UCS/MBS potentially taking people's funds. I feel like it really is the time for a PT UCS and the gunship is a prime candidate for that era so it is going to be a great seller, but I do feel like the competition has been stacked against it and I really hope this doesn't mean it underperforms purely due to competition for funds and not because people don't want to support PT material and then Lego gets the wrong impression. 

There really is no need for concern regarding the gunship being against competition and competing for sales and perhaps having low sales. 

Given TLG's incapability of producing enough sets to keep up with demand at the moment (and that won't change for at least a year or 2) this will go the same way, they won't be able to keep up with demand, it'll go on back order within a week of being released, and supply will be drip fed in. 

System scale gunships sell very well, this will be no different. 

They never learn, do they :laugh_hard: Putting the V-19 and Resistance Transport on „leaked“ lists is a running gag by now and yet, they still expect to fool us :tongue:

On 1/8/2021 at 5:21 PM, MKJoshA said:

Unless one of our Bothan Spy's corrects me I'm going to call bluff on the Death Star rumor. Someone mentioned it here, on this forum as a wish/possibility with no evidence. Then I saw it on Insta as a rumor. Then the fan blogs started talking about it. Seems more like the rumor telephone game than a leak. If it turns out I'm right, I'll be holding this example over your heads forever as the perfect reason why wishlisting/unsubstantiated rumors are frowned upon here :vader:

And what if its right? What can we hold over your head?

16 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

That wishlisting isn't always bad? 

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

"build a trooper" sounds sketchy and reminds me of the toys r us event back before Attack of the clones where it was just a box full of lego clones and you had to build as many as you could in one minute. V-19 torrent and resistance transport are hangovers from an old fake list, and many of the other sets sound too wishlistly to be true. Case in point, "revenge of palpatine" is not something lego would name a set, and it seems unlikely to me that the poster would know it's a prequel set, but nothing about the actual contents of the set aside from that, and nothing about the other sets besides the names.

Although I'm also skeptical, I'm not sure I totally agree with your arguments. I would not discount the set based purely on the names. Build-a-trooper sounds strange, but Lego has made plenty of strange one-off sets before. It could be something comparable to 25253 Droid Commander or those weird action battle sets. 

Revenge of Palpatine is an unusual name, but it also could be a mistranslation. We've certainly seen those in the past.

A Star Destroyer makes sense. It's a iconic ship that Lego would like to have on the shelves. It's been six years since the last model so that's probably overdue.

I agree about the V-19 and Resistance Transport. Those keep popping up on leak lists and they've never struck me as realistic. As much as I'd love to have a V-19 (I missed the 2008 release) there are other ships that deserve more attention.

I'm not sure anyone would be excited about another type of Resistance Transport. 

I'd also expect there to be some Mandalorian sets.

Edited by Zap Rowsdower

10 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Many of the sets do seem very likely and could very well be true, such as the helmets, probe droids and UCS gunship, it was just the V-19 Torrent's inclusion that gave it away.

MBS sets are normally released on a two year cycle, 2018 - Cloud City, 2020 - Mos Eisley. I would predict that the next MBS set would be the Endor Bunker regardless however.

The reason those sets you mentioned seem likely is because they've all already been confirmed.

9 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’m pretty sure the probe droid was confirmed by a legitimate leaker, as were the Vader and Scout Trooper helmet. The third helmet is coming, we just don’t know what it is yet. Everything else on that list is junk. 

Yes, the only 1hy set we don't know the contents of yet is the third helmet.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

They never learn, do they :laugh_hard: Putting the V-19 and Resistance Transport on „leaked“ lists is a running gag by now and yet, they still expect to fool us :tongue:

It almost feels to me like he wanted to be caught, why else would he put those there? They aren't realistic or popular ideas for sets.

26 minutes ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

Although I'm also skeptical, I'm not sure I totally agree with your arguments. I would not discount the set based purely on the names. Build-a-trooper sounds strange, but Lego has made plenty of strange one-off sets before. It could be something comparable to 25253 Droid Commander or those weird action battle sets. 

Revenge of Palpatine is an unusual name, but it also could be a mistranslation. We've certainly seen those in the past.

A Star Destroyer makes sense. It's a iconic ship that Lego would like to have on the shelves. It's been six years since the last model so that's probably overdue.

I agree about the V-19 and Resistance Transport. Those keep popping up on leak lists and they've never struck me as realistic. As much as I'd love to have a V-19 (I missed the 2008 release) there are other ships that deserve more attention.

I'm not sure anyone would be excited about another type of Resistance Transport. 

I'd also expect there to be some Mandalorian sets.

The torrent and transport give this away as 100% fake, but to respond to your responses:

I want to know this "leaker" 's logic behind build a trooper because it's too expensive to be a helmet, makes no sense as a boost set, and isn't priced like the mosaics or any of the other gimmick sets we've had recently.

"revenge of palpatine" could be a mistranslation to something like palpatine's arrest, though that's a strech, but my main point about that set is there's no way that he'd know this set is a prequel set but nothing else about it's contents, and nothing about the contents of the other sets. It was added to his list as something to make people excited for a senate duel or palpatine's arrest set.

Sure the star destroyer makes sense, as do some of his other choices. He has realistic sets on the list, that's to help make people think it's real. Like I said, the inclusion of the torrent and transport are a dead giveaway, having those two sets are notorious for being on fake lists.

Also, we know mandalorian sets are coming later this year, and surprise surprise, no mando sets on this fake list.

Guys, lets stop talking about the almost-for-certain fake list. Until we get something more substantiated than 1 list on Instagram we should treat it as a wishlist.

4 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Nothing. I Am The Senate! :pir-vader:

Could a Sail Barge plus skiffs and Sarlacc be an 11,000 piece set? Sets are designed two years in advance so the 2019 Hasbro Sail Barge could have provided inspiration. 

Just now, Chocolate Frog said:

Could a Sail Barge plus skiffs and Sarlacc be an 11,000 piece set? Sets are designed two years in advance so the 2019 Hasbro Sail Barge could have provided inspiration. 

I don't think you're asking the right question here. Could it be a 11.000 piece set? Sure, anything can be if you just make it large enough. But would LEGO want to make it such a large set that retails for a whopping $800? Probably not. If we ever get a D2C version of the Sail Barge I highly doubt it would be more expensive than the MBS sets. 

At 11,000 parts, you may reach a limit : you virtually can't carry the box out of the store and put it in your car. Too big, too heavy.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Frog said:

can we drop the 11000 piece set bs? its not going to be 11k pieces. stop feeding it.

2 hours ago, Anio said:

At 11,000 parts, you may reach a limit : you virtually can't carry the box out of the store and put it in your car. Too big, too heavy.

Maybe this is why LEGO partnered with IKEA, to help them split large sets over two or more boxes

The only two sets I could see being 11,000 pieces and only 800$ would be a Death Star or mosaic. There's no way you're reaching that part to price ratio on a Lego Star Wars set unless its full of small pieces.

1 hour ago, Gontron said:

The only two sets I could see being 11,000 pieces and only 800$ would be a Death Star or mosaic. There's no way you're reaching that part to price ratio on a Lego Star Wars set unless its full of small pieces.

I had been wondering about that myself. It had been appearing everywhere, but even large sets with few minifigs seem to get insane ppp ratios, such as the star destroyer.

On another note, sorry about the fake list. :-/

29 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Don't worry about it, you gave a warning and didn't try to trick anyone.

22 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

’m pretty sure the probe droid was confirmed by a legitimate leaker, as were the Vader and Scout Trooper helmet. The third helmet is coming, we just don’t know what it is yet. Everything else on that list is junk

I should have been more specific, if I remember correctly the royal guard helmet was thought to be confirmed from being in some video, but it turned out to be some other model.

Does nobody pay attention? The only thing we known for certain is that there’s an $800USD D2C, we don’t know the contents or the piece count. Every damn year we go through the same thing :ugh:

With this new dish not looking necessary at all to the Friends set it's found in

65138.png

What are the chances it has been designed for an upcoming AT-ST?

Especially when the 2021 SW sets have been scaled down a little, and this is 4x4 while it should ideally be 5x5.
But with 4 studs, you can stick a 3x3 technic disk in-between them, something you couldn't do with the old 4x4 dish (which got a hollow stud update in 2020 btw), so it looks perfect for that.

Meaning: yeah +1 for a 2021 Endor set, I guess.

profile.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=bf4cd9c33c29cf

Edited by anothergol

37 minutes ago, anothergol said:

With this new dish not looking necessary at all to the Friends set it's found in

What are the chances it has been designed for an upcoming AT-ST?

Especially when the 2021 SW sets have been scaled down a little, and this is 4x4 while it should ideally be 5x5.
But with 4 studs, you can stick a 3x3 technic disk in-between them, something you couldn't do with the old 4x4 dish (which got a hollow stud update in 2020 btw), so it looks perfect for that.

Meaning: yeah +1 for a 2021 Endor set, I guess.

I hope so, would be extremely useful for my custom walkers 

On 1/9/2021 at 1:25 PM, MKJoshA said:

Nothing. I Am The Senate! :pir-vader:

Not yet!

16 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Hey, you weren't the one who made it. You found a list and posted it, you even warned that it might be fake. No worries.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 1/7/2021 at 2:12 PM, Paul11283652 said:

We don’t really have villages in Australia. I live in a city of >1 million and here the 2019 A-wing and AT-ST barely lasted a month. The 501st all of a few days and Trouble on Tatooine was sold out by 30 December in the local Lego branded store. None of the 2021 sets of any theme are available outside of Lego stores yet.

Strange, so lego basically dont want to maximize their profit in AU?

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Strange, so lego basically dont want to maximize their profit in AU?

I speculate that it’s the opposite, they’re trying to maximise profits by “encouraging” us to buy direct from S@H. 

In terms of distribution we certainly aren’t their priority, that much is for sure. We never had lego stores until very recently, and most of the country’s stores opened last year I think.