MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 hours ago, arc said:

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE SEASON 2 FINALE OF THE MANDALORIAN: DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT. 

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe having an imperial shuttle with ROTJ luke isn't so bad after all :shrug_oh_well:

Mando spoilers: 

Spoiler

I gasped when the episode opened and there was a Lambda shuttle right there! 2021 lego star wars really tied in well there (probably a coincidence though, right?)

1 hour ago, GalacticHippo said:

Mando spoilers: 

Reveal hidden contents

I gasped when the episode opened and there was a Lambda shuttle right there! 2021 lego star wars really tied in well there (probably a coincidence though, right?)

I'm guessing coincidence, but a happy one. All 4 winter wave sets should be a hit with mando boosting them.

2 hours ago, arc said:

Hide contents

I'm guessing coincidence, but a happy one. All 4 winter wave sets should be a hit with mando boosting them.

Spoiler

Agreed. I was a little iffy on the new Red Five but now I'm totally going to buy it!

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well I guess that Boba Fett show is happening after all :excited: BRING ON ANOTHER SLAVE I !!!!

Spoiler

I knew it. I knew it! I could see slave one, heck, maybe another jabba's palace (not that slave leia and oola should be barriers to a set of that, but they are, and this gets rid of them)

4 hours ago, GalacticHippo said:

Mando spoilers: 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

You didn't see the darth vader running around in the episode? It was the super secret post-post credits scene, after the book of boba one. Darth vader steps on a lambda to go fight his nemesis, "ROTJ luke but with a blue lightsaber".

Just now, Guyon2002 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Agreed. I was a little iffy on the new Red Five but now I'm totally going to buy it!

same here

Regarding the mando season 2 finale and possible sets:

Spoiler

It was an incredible episode, and when the single x-wing flew into the landing bay my eyes started tearing up, they really did it.

As for sets, it is interesting that all four system sets could be seen as mando sets if you disregard the figures. After all, we did get a lambda, basic tie, and red five's x-wing in this episode.

For any new sets, I could see an arquitens with Bo-katan (not luke though, he'd be way to much of a spoiler for them), and of course the Book of Fett means we're likely to get our share of Boba Setts, too. Hopefully Fennec too, she seems to be pretty important to the Fett show now and WE NEED A FENNEC SHAND FIGURE.

Spoiler

Last episode made this wave a lot more relevant, though I still wish the Lambda came with Mando centered minifigures. Maybe we'll get a set with Moff Gideon and some Dark Troopers later this year? 

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well I guess that Boba Fett show is happening after all :excited: BRING ON ANOTHER SLAVE I !!!!

Yes!

But a blue one, lego. Thanks. :grin:

On 12/16/2020 at 4:59 PM, Lego-Freak said:

Forgive me for harping on it, but how could it be LESS exciting than that wave? :laugh_hard: 

Huh, didn’t connect the dots there. I was always under the impression that those catalogues still existed and that they just got better at preventing them from leaking, but this makes a lot more sense :snicker:

Lol it could be one set: 2nd MF micofigthet of the year

On 12/17/2020 at 12:33 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s just not true. I am all for Lego making more products based around the prequels. The OT has had plenty of love, the PT just needs some more time to shine in LEGO, there’s so much more from the PT that hasn’t been done than the OT.

I fully agree with this statement. PT has got its fair share of fans (myself included) and has provided a wealth of characters and vehicles for Lego to make. Without the PT the Lego Star Wars line would be substantially more repetitive than it is. And there are still plenty of vehicles and characters left from the PT to translate into Lego form (Trade federation ships and Kaminoans spring to mind).

With how much content is coming out, I think LEGO wants to gear its waves to address what's relevant for Star Wars. PT doesn't really have anything relevant right now outside of TCW last year, which got 2 sets. When Bad Batch comes out soon, I think we'll see a few more PT sets based on it and the movies it relates to. No ones is denying that there aren't PT set choices left, there's a mountain of them, but the question is would they sell at the moment?

Spoiler

With the Mandalorian wrapping up, the choices for the winter wave makes sense in hindsight, even if it is a bit boring. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Nebulon B Frigate is currently available on S@H

*The return of the king* :laugh:

I didn't get it last time around, won't make that mistake again.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

*The return of the king* :laugh:

I didn't get it last time around, won't make that mistake again.

Am surprised you took the time to type this out before going to the lego website to order it, stuff goes as quick as that sentence does to type :laugh:

29 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

New Hoth Luke leaked, it looks great. 

Didn’t expect a new face print (let alone two), but I’ll take it :classic: Luckily, flesh printing on white parts works a lot better than on black ones, otherwise we’d have another Mercy situation on our hands :grin:

Just now, Zap Rowsdower said:

Any guesses in which set this new Luke would appear? A new Wampa cave makes the most sense but I don't think that's been spoiled yet. 

AT-AT vs Tauntaun microfighter

The new figure looks good. Still think a white cap would've looked more accurate than a dark tan one but other than that its a nice upgrade over the previous version.

2 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

New Hoth Luke leaked, it looks great. 

The quality of the face print is great, usually flesh printing fails but I guess since it's on a lighter color it came out pretty well.

1 hour ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

Any guesses in which set this new Luke would appear? A new Wampa cave makes the most sense but I don't think that's been spoiled yet. 

It's in the tantaun vs at-at microfighter, which has been leaked and revealed by the instructions of some of the other sets of the wave.

Good to see the new Luke get leg printing, although I have to say I'm disappointed that one side of the head doesn't have the post Wampa split lip and eye bruising that the previous version had.

Looks like the Lambda has been found in the wild. Can't make out wether or not Vader has armprinting but at least they saved Luke from looking like that horrible catalog picture :laugh_hard:

Luke has his green lightsabre after all. Never in doubt.

Itàs difficult to tell from the pics but it seems to have an interior at least a similar size to the 2015 one.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

If the nose of the cockpit doesn't fall off all the time like my 2015 one did then it's an upgrade to me. :laugh: Did / does anyone else have that problem or did I just get a weak brick connection?

39 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

If the nose of the cockpit doesn't fall off all the time like my 2015 one did then it's an upgrade to me. :laugh: Did / does anyone else have that problem or did I just get a weak brick connection?

Hmm..  I didn’t have this issue.

I plan on picking this one up even though I have the 2015 version.

I’m interested in seeing the differences while building. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

[...] but at least they saved Luke from looking like that horrible catalog picture :laugh_hard:

I‘m also glad about that. The minifig selection is still weak, but at least there aren‘t any embarassing mistakes in the set itself :laugh: