MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I hear "another Lego X-wing on the shelves," I say "bring it on!" (In 2021 and 2023.) :moar:

What a remarkable swath of Star Wars news! We will not be wanting for more Star Wars content or set potential that's for sure. Even if 2021 is lighter on Star Wars sets, it's the calm before the storm and frankly given how awful 2020 has been for my family's financial situation, I'm fine with it. If they can stick with the new scale for future sets, hopefully they can make this theme more affordable than it has been in recent years. Now is the perfect time. Also, good news if you don't like the new X-Wing or TIE Fighter,  there is no shortage of them in our future. :tongue:

Rogue Squadron and Cassian Andor projects announced... TLG resetting the scale of their fighter models... the perfect time to finally get TIE Interceptors and Bombers, and B-Wing and U-Wing remakes.

Wow, all the reveals today were so exciting!! I'm still recovering from all the announcements.

Speaking of the announcements and bad Batch trailer, wasn't there a leaked helmet ages ago? Do we know what happened to that and when a Bad batch set would be coming out—it'd have to be 2HY right, unless they release it at a weird time (close to the bad batch series launch) like they did with the Razor Crest?

Spoiler

I really hope that Juggernaught from the latest episode gets made. It feels like that was literally designed to be a Lego set :tongue:

Bad Batch looks as though it’s going to be the transition period from the Republic to the Empire. Could get some good stuff there.

For people in the US, according to the description from a set 75299 Trouble On Tatooine listed on ebay, the seller found the set at Kohl's. Haven't had a chance to check the one near me yet.

10 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You say “Rogue Squadron movie”, I hear “another lego X-Wing on the shelves”.

Perhaps but probably a T-70 or T-85 given it is likely to be set after the sequel trilogy.

Only possibility for 2021 is a Bad Batch shuttle however.

16 hours ago, ood0 said:

Fennec Shand at ~40 and ~50 seconds in the Bad Batch trailer. They have to give us her as a minifigure now, surely. But then again, they still haven't given us Bo Katan..

This is a great example of what should be posted in the Future Minifigure thread. But not here.

Also, while discussion about the new shows has some bearing on future sets. Most of the discussion should happen in the Culture & Media section. We have a SW thread here, and a Mando specific thread here (with spoilers so go there at own risk).

All I want from Star Wars at this point are a Solo follow-up and an animated Rebels sequel. All of this new content sounds super exciting!

I’m sure we can all guess what sets we’ll be getting off the Rogue Squadron movie. Hopefully Lego takes a break from doing those sane starfighters for a couple years until Rogue Friday 2 happens. :laugh:

The Bad Batch are confirmed to be one of the characters packs for Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, so sets based off of that seem highly possible. We’ve gotten at least two sets based off all of the animated shows so far, so we can reasonably expect the same for BB. Outside of the five Batch members themselves, we could possibly see more “reg” variants too. 

A lot of the other shows seem like ones that we’d just get one-off sets for, if that, and that’s okay. Whatever all of this means for the Lego theme, the future of Star Wars is bright!

59 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

This is a great example of what should be posted in the Future Minifigure thread. But not here.

Also, while discussion about the new shows has some bearing on future sets. Most of the discussion should happen in the Culture & Media section. We have a SW thread here, and a Mando specific thread here (with spoilers so go there at own risk).

They're all basically dead threads, being juuuust kept alive by the one or two people who still post there. There's no discussion, just people talking into empty space. It would be nice if, in future versions of this kind of thread, the way this thread is treated by most people at the moment - i.e. set discussion but also speculation about future sets and discussion about current Star Wars content - was made official, instead of them all being separate and dead save for this one.

2 hours ago, gza said:

For people in the US, according to the description from a set 75299 Trouble On Tatooine listed on ebay, the seller found the set at Kohl's. Haven't had a chance to check the one near me yet.

Told them already,but nobody seems to care. Guys i told on different platforms got most of new sets already,but scalpers got lot of them too judging by ebay. I just dont know if only mandalorian set is for sale  + marvel + cmf or other star wars sets too,but they didnt want to pick them up.

30 minutes ago, ood0 said:

They're all basically dead threads, being juuuust kept alive by the one or two people who still post there. There's no discussion, just people talking into empty space. It would be nice if, in future versions of this kind of thread, the way this thread is treated by most people at the moment - i.e. set discussion but also speculation about future sets and discussion about current Star Wars content - was made official, instead of them all being separate and dead save for this one.

Well that wouldn't be a problem if people would actually use those threads instead of constantly veering off-topic here. I'm here for news and discussion about Lego Star Wars sets, I don't want to read pages of people discussing Star Wars content with no relation to Lego whatsoever or baseless speculation about potential future sets and minifigs. (This is one of my biggest pet peeves in the Marvel thread too)

Edited by BigGuy4U

Spoiler

I really want a Boba Fett minifigure from the Mandalorian but I do hope we get Jango's Slave 1 and not another Boba Fett one.

48 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Told them already,but nobody seems to care. Guys i told on different platforms got most of new sets already,but scalpers got lot of them too judging by ebay. I just dont know if only mandalorian set is for sale  + marvel + cmf or other star wars sets too,but they didnt want to pick them up.

Well, I'll definitely be taking a trip out to Kohl's later to see if they have it. I wasn't even aware they carried Legos.

42 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Well that wouldn't be a problem if people would actually use those threads instead of constantly veering off-topic here. I'm here for news and discussion about Lego Star Wars sets, I don't want to read pages of people discussing Star Wars content with no relation to Lego whatsoever or baseless speculation about potential future sets and minifigs. (This is one of my biggest pet peeves in the Marvel thread too)

The problem is, as i said before, none of these looks like a thread for general discussion. So people just use the thread with the most action.

So I was out doing a bit of Christmas shopping (haven't really been doing much in-person shopping at all over the past 8-9 months) and hit a Target near me.  The Lego aisle was very, very picked over, the Star Wars section had a lot of the sets that have been around for a while (Obi-Wan's hut, duel on Mustafar, Death Star cannon, TRoS Y-Wing, etc), and, despite only a couple of summer sets (other than Grievous' starfighter, which they had a ton), surprisingly they had two 501st sets.  I finally caved and bought one.  Even though I don't love the builds, the figures look nice and, honestly, I think part of it is just future FOMO since I know the prices are going to be absurd once it retires, and if I ever want it, I likely won't be able to buy it.  

From what I've seen so far, in addition to the 501st and AAT sets, both the AT-AT and Anakin's fighter are selling really well, the latter of which is a bit of a surprise to me, since it's not anything insanely new.  

19 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

That might be the most exciting news of all for me, I hope we get some sets out of it.  I know it's been rumored to be "in production" for like, a decade, but to get actual confirmation that it's coming, well, I'm stoked.  

Regarding the new stuff, I would assume if there's anything from these shows, at the earliest it'd either be if there's some sort of Force Friday for 2021 (which is plausible if any of these shows gets pushed up to fall of 2021) or more likely winter of 2022?  I'm not 100% clear on the dates for each show other than Kenobi and Andor both being 2022 and Bad Batch supposedly being 2021?  So maybe next fall for Mando S3 + Bad Batch + if by chance one of the other live action shows get accelerated and comes out early, they might do a Force Friday-esque thing that could include some sets.  If not, something Bad Batch related in the summer wave would make sense regardless, since they've already been introduced as characters.  Even if the show flops, the set would probably be fine since the figures have been requested since they were introduced.

Bad batch is supposedly coming as soon as spring 2021 based on what I've seen, rumors are it'll be around the same time as clone wars was last year. Maybe it'll be the same for the sets, where we get 1-2 sets with the main characters in 2hy 2021.

19 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You say “Rogue Squadron movie”, I hear “another lego X-Wing on the shelves”.

In late 2023...so almost 3 years from now...with a new set of figures...is this perhaps a minor overreaction? :head_back: Especially considering that they announced A ROGUE SQUADRON MOVIE.

5 hours ago, Legopls said:

Hide contents

I really want a Boba Fett minifigure from the Mandalorian but I do hope we get Jango's Slave 1 and not another Boba Fett one.

Spoiler

too many boba fetts! Within 2 episodes we've gotten no armor, damaged armor with mismatched clothes, and painted armor with black outfit. I'm hoping for a slave one from either the mandalorian or the rumored boba fett series (though they didn't announce it, so it's either being kept secret or isn't happening :sad:), with painted boba at least, and ideally some way to get unarmored boba too.

5 hours ago, gza said:

Well, I'll definitely be taking a trip out to Kohl's later to see if they have it. I wasn't even aware they carried Legos.

Depends on what you mean by "carried legos", I was at one about a year ago and they had the same stock as they did when I visited the same one about 6 months later, namely some of the smaller 2017 TLJ sets and a book with an A-wing minibuild included. :laugh:

19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Depends on what you mean by "carried legos", I was at one about a year ago and they had the same stock as they did when I visited the same one about 6 months later, namely some of the smaller 2017 TLJ sets and a book with an A-wing minibuild included. :laugh:

Interesting, the Kohls near me actually have a really big Lego selection.  Like, a whole wall in their toy department is dedicated to it, and then in the holidays they'll sometimes get small displays in the middle of the store that have like Star Wars or Super Heroes stuff.  

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Interesting, the Kohls near me actually have a really big Lego selection.  Like, a whole wall in their toy department is dedicated to it, and then in the holidays they'll sometimes get small displays in the middle of the store that have like Star Wars or Super Heroes stuff.  

Well that's the difference, the Khols by me has a single small aisle for the "toy department" :grin:

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

So I was out doing a bit of Christmas shopping (haven't really been doing much in-person shopping at all over the past 8-9 months) and hit a Target near me.  The Lego aisle was very, very picked over, the Star Wars section had a lot of the sets that have been around for a while (Obi-Wan's hut, duel on Mustafar, Death Star cannon, TRoS Y-Wing, etc), and, despite only a couple of summer sets (other than Grievous' starfighter, which they had a ton), surprisingly they had two 501st sets.  I finally caved and bought one.  Even though I don't love the builds, the figures look nice and, honestly, I think part of it is just future FOMO since I know the prices are going to be absurd once it retires, and if I ever want it, I likely won't be able to buy it.  

From what I've seen so far, in addition to the 501st and AAT sets, both the AT-AT and Anakin's fighter are selling really well, the latter of which is a bit of a surprise to me, since it's not anything insanely new.  

Yeah, and a good 90% of total stock is sold out on lego.comUS. Doesn't surprise me that anakin's fighter is doing well, it's a cheap set with the main hero of a trilogy and his ship.

I WANT YOUR OPINION

We've been cruising along for a couple years now with our current model of having a News thread and a Discussion thread for Star Wars. But recently I've received a number of complaints about how off topic this thread usually is. The previous complaints about the Star Wars thread being off topic focused around readers not being able to find new information. We have the News thread for that now. What is everyone looking for in this thread that they feel like that they have to search for through pages of "off topic" posts? You can post your thoughts here if it's appropriate. But probably best to just send me a PM.

I work at a Kohl’s and naturally I’m not working this week when these new sets are showing up early. :laugh:

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I WANT YOUR OPINION

We've been cruising along for a couple years now with our current model of having a News thread and a Discussion thread for Star Wars. But recently I've received a number of complaints about how off topic this thread usually is. The previous complaints about the Star Wars thread being off topic focused around readers not being able to find new information. We have the News thread for that now. What is everyone looking for in this thread that they feel like that they have to search for through pages of "off topic" posts? You can post your thoughts here if it's appropriate. But probably best to just send me a PM.

I don’t want to speak for everyone, but I’ll just say that I prefer how some of the the annual threads for other themes (Harry Potter, Marvel, etc.) are streamlined into just one thread (News, Speculation, Rumors, etc). Whenever I want to check on some of those other themes, then I only have one thread to get caught up on when it comes to discussion. When I check on Star Wars, which is the theme I collect and keep up with the most currently, there are three or four threads I need to get caught up when it comes to those particular talking points.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I WANT YOUR OPINION

I personally dont mind about occasional speculation backed by something e.g. i have been saying for months that we will get mandalorian with his speeder based on HASBRO mission fleet while others thought it would be ITT and we had a discussion about it,or people saying we get MTT every 7 years and i even enjoyed people running here all excited to say which sets they want to see from new mando episode and adding what they enjoyed from latest episode,i love rumors and discussion about rumors too like superior HP theme thread discussion is all in 1. I dont like wishlisting based on nothing,someone coming here and dropping 50 set list that he/she wants based on nothing. I dont feel like posting or scrolling through multiple dead threads kept alive by 1 or 2 people like @ood0 said. What i do hate about this forum apart for based on nothing wishlisting is conspiracy theories e.g. how lego is resetting the waves,new minifigure counts in 2021,last year someone said star wars isnt in top 10 selling themes and we all went with it like its a fact for 50+ pages and worst of all anonymous trash talking about youtubers which turns into 20 page drama. I also understand super busy people having to scroll through multiple pages of bad batch trailer videos and other nonsense that has nothing to do with lego star wars 2021.

7 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I WANT YOUR OPINION

One the one hand, I feel many might prefer to visit one place/thread (instead of two) where they can find both news and rumors as well as express their opinion on those news and rumors. That is, this is the place where some might want/expect to find news as it is just more practical. Would it be possible to mark somehow news and rumors in this thread so that people can find them more easily? On the other hand. I totally agree that discussions go very often out of track, and this can be rather frustrating. This is only related to common sense, there should be a common undestanding and culture of using this thread for its purpose, and not initite long digressions because there will be some new series in 2023 or because there is a urgent need to share thoughts on the last Mando episode.

11 hours ago, The Stud said:

I work at a Kohl’s and naturally I’m not working this week when these new sets are showing up early. :laugh:

I don’t want to speak for everyone, but I’ll just say that I prefer how some of the the annual threads for other themes (Harry Potter, Marvel, etc.) are streamlined into just one thread (News, Speculation, Rumors, etc). Whenever I want to check on some of those other themes, then I only have one thread to get caught up on when it comes to discussion. When I check on Star Wars, which is the theme I collect and keep up with the most currently, there are three or four threads I need to get caught up when it comes to those particular talking points.

I 100% agree. I enjoy discussions in those other threads, I don't really enjoy discussions in this one given how strict it is and it's too much of a hastle to keep up with multiple threads for Star Wars when I'm already trying to keep up with a bunch of threads for other themes. At least those other themes have a more streamlined approach.