MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

45 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How dare you call Wilrow Hood "ice cream guy"

I could not be bothered to wookieepedia him and imprint his name on my memory with all the other Star Wars junk on there :laugh: I only know what the Tonnika sisters are called thanks to this thread!

Only known as a meme but the good old Mandalorian just won't leave those camtonos alone.

I have to add some non-CW Nikto to my list of required Jabba figures. This should be a no-brainer as they can do it with a normal printed head. Also Barada (ditto) and Yak Face. Turns out it was longer than I thought.

The Mon Mothma torso isn't actually at all bad, I have switched her head and hair (for HP Lupin's if anyone was curious) and it holds up well against modern prints. Likewise the General Lando and Madine torsos. I actually like the dark tan more than the more recent dark nougat as a base colour. I was lucky enough to find some on BL for a lot less than going market value.

The only fig from that set who looks really dated is poor old Ackbar with his googly eyes. I have a soft spot for him nostalgically though. I have a suspicion the one I got is from a magnet set as its a soft plastic but I'd rather have him than not.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Better look at the Mando set and that amazing new figure: 

Baby Yoda is adorable in the carrier but I still find the lack of detail on the silver helmet inexplicable.

My nephew is gonna love this. I wish it were out in time for Christmas because my awesomeness levels could do with a boost.

14 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I could not be bothered to wookieepedia him and imprint his name on my memory with all the other Star Wars junk on there :laugh: 

But that also means you've never heard of the ''Running of the Hoods'' *oh2* 

Edited by Guyon2002

I just watched the review of the Trouble on Tatooine set and came here to see if others had seen it yet. Beskar Mando is truly glorious and the set turned out really well. I can't wait to get my hands on it! Without any movies to promote, imagine if most of next year's sets are split between Mandalorian and Bad Batch. Probably won't happen but I can dream right?

Edited by ToaDraco

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

My jedi mind tricks are a bit rusty,but you definitely want to vote for Jar Jar and Pre Vizsla. 

A Jar Jar Brickheadz would be pretty funny actually, I'd be down for that. :laugh:

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How dare you call Wilrow Hood "ice cream guy" :laugh:!     As much as I'd love to get him in minifigure form, unfortunately due to his obscurity and how he's really only known as a meme (I mean really, everyone is evacuating and he rushes past lando with an ice cream machine), his only opportunity was betrayal at cloud city, so I think he might not get a figure for a long time.

I half expected us to get him like we got Garindan as a long-requested fan-favorite in the Cantina, but I don't think Willrow Hood is even as popular as him.

2 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

A Jar Jar Brickheadz would be pretty funny actually, I'd be down for that. :laugh:

Apparently MandR has mobilized his fans in support of that (I'm surprised he's not making them do a 501st trooper) so there's a good chance. 

Honestly @PreVizsla's, well, pre vizsla suggestion is pretty good. If I had to choose I'd say Wedge Antilles but there's no way that'd win.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

But that also means you've never heard of the ''Running of the Hoods'' *oh2* 

I've always wanted to take part in one of these.

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I just watched the review of the Trouble on Tatooine set and came here to see if others had seen it yet. Beskar Mando is truly glorious and the set turned out really well. I can't wait to get my hands on it! Without any movies to promote, imagine if most of next year's sets are split between Mandalorian and Bad Batch. Probably won't happen but I can dream right?

Actually, maybe. Either we'll start to get many more sets for the first 6 films when we'd normally be getting the wave for the new film, or we'll get waves for mando/bad batch/kenobi/andor/

Spoiler

fett/rebels sequel

when they come out. I'd say it's 50/50.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Apparently MandR has mobilized his fans in support of that (I'm surprised he's not making them do a 501st trooper) so there's a good chance. 

I'm starting to have quite a distaste for the mob mentality every time lego has done one of these polls

8 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I half expected us to get him like we got Garindan as a long-requested fan-favorite in the Cantina, but I don't think Willrow Hood is even as popular as him.

Future convention exclusive, if there ever is another convention :wink:

4 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

I'm starting to have quite a distaste for the mob mentality every time lego has done one of these polls

It looks like Jaws has a lot of support in the Brickset comments and that is what I voted for. It could be close. There might be so many SW votes that it’s split between Jar Jar, Rex, Ahsoka, or a 501st.

So Mando Chapter 13

Spoiler

There were a few great scenes that could make good sets but nothing that really stands out as being likely for 2021. The scene with the Kill Bill vibe would be epic though.

This show just keeps getting better :wub: I can see them release a set or two based on this episode, and I hope they do :thumbup:

And looks like I got a wish of mine: 

The Child finally has a name! Let’s see if TLG correct it for Grogu’s next appearance in a set 

Agreed, that was a very good episode :thumbup:

Spoiler

Lots of good characters that we could hopefully see in sets: those assassin/bodyguard droids, the leader of the village and of course Ahsoka herself. I also wouldn’t mind seeing those AT-AT like creatures that were roaming in the forest.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Actually, maybe. Either we'll start to get many more sets for the first 6 films when we'd normally be getting the wave for the new film, or we'll get waves for mando/bad batch/kenobi/andor/

Reveal hidden contents

fett/rebels sequel

when they come out. I'd say it's 50/50.

True, hopefully that's the case.

Not entirely unrelated, the new episode was incredible!!! Definitely some cool set and minifig potential. I can barely contain my hype! This season is really shaping up to be incredible and I hope LEGO delivers with a bunch more Mando sets later in 2021.

6 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

Yeah me too! Not that I wouldn't like a Jar Jar Brickheadz but I really don't like people just voting for something just because someone tells them to. I really don't see them doing any more polls in the future if it goes on like this. What's even more frustrating is that I highly doubt he tells them to vote for Jar Jar because he really wants a Jar Jar Brickheadz. 

3 minutes ago, Legopls said:

Yeah me too! Not that I wouldn't like a Jar Jar Brickheadz but I really don't like people just voting for something just because someone tells them to. I really don't see them doing any more polls in the future if it goes on like this. What's even more frustrating is that I highly doubt he tells them to vote for Jar Jar because he really wants a Jar Jar Brickheadz. 

Agreed. This sort of poll should represent potential customers, not the following of some anti-social media overlord who just vote to please their sinister master, rather than having genuine interest in the thing they’re voting on :grin:

In my opinion, all four of the choices should have been new IPs. Personally, I want Jaws to win since we haven’t seen anything Jaws-related so far (apart from the parody poster in the Stranger Things set and Bruce’s cameo in The LEGO Batman Movie)

Some stuff from the latest episode of The Mandalorian could make for a cool set but overall I have mixed feelings about the new episode. It definetely had some incredible moments but episodes 1, 3 and 4 were a lot better imo. 

Spoiler

One of my main problems with this episode was Ahsoka. Her lekku looked really off-putting and the choreography of her lightsaber scenes was honestly atrocious, it felt really clunky :sick:
There have been quite a lot of complaints about some Mando episodes being too short but this one felt too long, they could've/should've trimmed some of it down a bit. The Grogu name reveal, Thrawn name drop, possible Luke or Ezra hints etc were all amazing! Still extremely excited to see where the season goes though :excited:

57 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally, I want Jaws to win since we haven’t seen anything Jaws-related so far (apart from the parody poster in the Stranger Things set and Bruce’s cameo in The LEGO Batman Movie)

I agree with this, a pair of Jaws Brickheadz (Jawz?), ideally Brody and the shark, would be neat. Personally I'd prefer to get a minifig-scale boat and shark, but I'm sure that's been up on Ideas at some point.

Biiiig samurai vibes from Mandalorian this week, makes a nice complement to the Western mood of the first few chapters.

Spoiler

On a different note, is *that* name-drop the biggest indication yet that there is some susbtance to the Rebels follow-up rumours? I'm honestly surprised the matter was addressed at all, even if it was a somewhat vague hint. I wouldn't expect sets in 2021 what with Bad Batch and all, but stranger things have happened.

9 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

Yeah. It's going from "what does the lego community want" to "what is mandrproductions going to tell his fans he wants". This is a problem with any poll in which there are prominent members of the community (the minecraft poll being a good example), but in the lego community MandR is the only one that pressures his fans to vote a certain way.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

This show just keeps getting better :wub: I can see them release a set or two based on this episode, and I hope they do :thumbup:

And looks like I got a wish of mine: 

Reveal hidden contents

The Child finally has a name! Let’s see if TLG correct it for Grogu’s next appearance in a set 

Spoiler

most people will refer to him as baby yoda anyway, but I could see the merch starting to have his name starting with mid-to-late 2021 releases. On the other hand, i wonder if Din will actually start calling him grogu that much, he was still calling him "kid" and "buddy" at the end of the episode. I like that, sort of like how cara and greef know din's name but still call him mando.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Some stuff from the latest episode of The Mandalorian could make for a cool set but overall I have mixed feelings about the new episode. It definetely had some incredible moments but episodes 1, 3 and 4 were a lot better imo. 

Hide contents

One of my main problems with this episode was Ahsoka. Her lekku looked really off-putting and the choreography of her lightsaber scenes was honestly atrocious, it felt really clunky :sick:
There have been quite a lot of complaints about some Mando episodes being too short but this one felt too long, they could've/should've trimmed some of it down a bit. The Grogu name reveal, Thrawn name drop, possible Luke or Ezra hints etc were all amazing! Still extremely excited to see where the season goes though :excited:

Spoiler

You forgot the HK-47 descendents and the tython name drop :excited:.

Her face was a bit weird to me at first and I never got used to her voice, but overall I thought they did a good job. The lekku were shorter for practical reasons, I assume. I could see a set with her, spear lady, and a guard or two for $25-30.

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I agree with this, a pair of Jaws Brickheadz (Jawz?), ideally Brody and the shark, would be neat. Personally I'd prefer to get a minifig-scale boat and shark, but I'm sure that's been up on Ideas at some point.

Biiiig samurai vibes from Mandalorian this week, makes a nice complement to the Western mood of the first few chapters.

Reveal hidden contents

On a different note, is *that* name-drop the biggest indication yet that there is some susbtance to the Rebels follow-up rumours? I'm honestly surprised the matter was addressed at all, even if it was a somewhat vague hint. I wouldn't expect sets in 2021 what with Bad Batch and all, but stranger things have happened.

Spoiler

It was kinda odd and felt a bit forced. Thrawn is shown in the books to not be big on cruelty (I distinctly remember him being somewhat uncomfortable with the empire keeping wookie slaves), and spear lady, his protege, was literally keeping citizens on electro-cage things for no reason. But they needed a reason for ahsoka to be there, I guess. I still liked the episode overall.

As for the rebels sequel, that has to be coming (hopefully in animation, though). There've been hints in the past few years at stuff like galaxy's edge, but this is way too mainstream for them to sit on that plotline for another few years.

Spoiler

So much love for TOR games in Episode 13! The electro-cages and HK droids were both nods to the games. I agree that Ahsoka's lekku felt off. I think they were too short.

And "Grogu," really Disney? You couldn't come up with something cuter?

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Her lekku looked really off to me, far too short considering this was post Rebels and strangely pitted for some reason. I love the headress on Lego's Rebel's version of Ahsoka and she just didn't resemble that at all. Her action also felt clunky and unlike the lithe Ahsoka of either The Clone Wars or Rebels. A bit like Depp as Grindellwald, I could see Rosario Dawson too much and Ahsoka too little. But an interesting episode for tying things together. That being said, if Grogu ends up at Luke's Jedi school and gets killed by Ren ... Well let's not go there. But I think he'll choose another path.

Decent ep, the Western standoff happening while a Samurai fight was happening was a particular standout, but I didn't like how fanservice-y it was. Ahsoka was slightly pushing it for me but I forgave it for how well it tied to the storyline due to her connection with Bo-Katan, but the constant referencing of Legends stuff and name dropping Thrawn was a bit too far. I don't think major characters from other pieces of Star Wars animated or live action media should show up in the show unless it really, really makes sense and doesn't feel overtly fanservice-y, so I'm not a big fan of the idea of Thrawn taking over and becoming a big bad after Gideon.

Unlike others in this thread, I don't think the potential sets they could do based on the episode would be all that interesting, unless they were to build a large model of the village and surrounding woods which they obviously won't do.

In Solid Brix Studios’ new livestream we can see 75297 and 75302 in the instructions for 75299. He shows it about an hour in.

The shuttle looks decent, but the figures are lame. Luke, Vader and a pilot. It doesn’t look like Vader has arm printing.

4 minutes ago, Peppybricks said:

The shuttle looks decent, but the figures are lame. Luke, Vader and a pilot. It doesn’t look like Vader has arm printing.

And the 4+ X-Wing only has Poe and BB8 :sad: I was starting to like this wave, and now this. I wasn't expecting much for these two remaining sets, but this is really pathetic, especially the Shuttle's minifigs selection. Just 3, and every single one of them as common as it gets. What's going on with this theme? Where has the budget gone? :cry_sad: I'm not even kidding, there has to be a huge budget cut at work here. At this point, it's probably better not to expect anything from this theme anymore. If the summer wave is as bad as this, they can keep it

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

And the 4+ X-Wing only has Poe and BB8 :sad: I was starting to like this wave, and now this. I wasn't expecting much for these two remaining sets, but this is really pathetic, especially the Shuttle's minifigs selection. Just 3, and every single one of them as common as it gets. What's going on with this theme? Where has the budget gone? :cry_sad: I'm not even kidding, there has to be a huge budget cut at work here. At this point, it's probably better not to expect anything from this theme anymore. If the summer wave is as bad as this, they can keep it

I honestly thought the Shuttle wouldn't include Luke or Vader seeing as they are in the Final Duel set and yet here we are. Very disappointing. Really wanted some endor camo figs. If Vader is the same printed arm version as the Final Duel set though, they will have massively reduced the draw of that set which I think is being sold mainly for the figures. I have in fact just used my VIP points to get it as it is only available from Lego.