MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

I'd also love to get round a pub table with Koska Reeves and share a bowl of tentacles.

I really hope they will make all 3 figures in LEGO,i can make other 2 in purist form,but she has such a specific hairstyle.

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

I find Jang really appealing as a human being. 

I agree,he is also very knowledgeable. I managed to catch one of his live streams and he had top knowledge in multiple subjects like history,military vehicles,trains,formula 1 etc. and he was having a conversation with multiple people in chat at the same time,it was pretty cool.

As others have said, Lego will probably make about as many sequel sets as they do prequel ones. The new movies have been pretty well covered, but there’s enough untouched material and potential remakes to fill a few set slots each year. Sure, the films themselves were divisive amongst fans, but coming from a guy who generally enjoys all of Star Wars (yes, including the sequels), I still want to see equal coverage of each trilogy/era like we did in 2020. 

I still think the Original Trilogy will always be the most favored by Lego, because they’re the classics and are the only Star Wars films that have never had people screaming “[Insert Director Name Here] ruined Star Wars and my childhood forever!” Other than when new films are coming out, Lego will always come back to the classics as their bread and butter.

2 hours ago, Redroe said:

I find Jang really appealing as a human being. There's a bit of a twinkle in his eye even when his videos do indeed come across as pretty samey. I'd love to get round a pub table with him and have a right good chat. Shame he lives 6000 miles away, on a different continent and probably doesn't drink IPA but it takes all kinds.

Did someone say IPA?

3 hours ago, Redroe said:

I'd also love to get round a pub table with Koska Reeves and share a bowl of tentacles.

How does it feel to have won the internet today? :laugh:

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

I really hope they will make all 3 figures in LEGO,i can make other 2 in purist form,but she has such a specific hairstyle.

Alright, you've got me interested on your purist Bo-Katan. Woves I could see made purist, but Bo-katan eludes me there. What helmet and torso did you use?

Unfortunately I doubt we'd get Ms Reeve's hairpiece if she came in a set, but I guess you never know. Their only hope for now is a gozanti remake, which seems unlikely, but on the other hand I'm sure we'll see them again this season.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

As others have said, Lego will probably make about as many sequel sets as they do prequel ones. The new movies have been pretty well covered, but there’s enough untouched material and potential remakes to fill a few set slots each year. Sure, the films themselves were divisive amongst fans, but coming from a guy who generally enjoys all of Star Wars (yes, including the sequels), I still want to see equal coverage of each trilogy/era like we did in 2020. 

I still think the Original Trilogy will always be the most favored by Lego, because they’re the classics and are the only Star Wars films that have never had people screaming “[Insert Director Name Here] ruined Star Wars and my childhood forever!” Other than when new films are coming out, Lego will always come back to the classics as their bread and butter.

I assume OT sells the best, with PT and ST selling around the same behind it, hence the numbers of sets. It's good to see a fellow fan of the entire saga, by the way.

But oh man, I wasn't even alive back then and I know about the ewok backlash. People thought empire strikes back would ruin the saga, too. As long as new content is released, a vocal faction will claim it ruined the franchise forever. Heck, people (probably not many actual star wars fans though) are hating on Bo-katan now, apparently. And don't get me started on the response to the high republic.

I feel like with the sequels, it'd be mostly focusing on the most popular/recognizable stuff.  Rey's Speeder, Poe's X-Wing, maybe a Crait ski-speeder, First Order Transporter, Kylo's shuttle perhaps, possibly a Resistance Bomber, FO TIE maybe, that's about it.  As far as locations, I can't really see any other than maybe Maz's castle or Ach-To, maybe with some duel stuff (Exegol specifically) if they keep doing those.  Stuff like the Quadjumper, Rathtar Escape, Pasaana sets, they seem too specific to really have a lot of demand in the future (and I don't see them suddenly getting a ton of demand later on), and in terms of really large sets, like the sequel Falcon or the various AT-AT variants (forget the exact names), people would rather just buy the OT one I'm pretty sure.  

It's sort of the same reason that we probably don't get prequel sets like the Ep II speeder chase or a lot of the random Clone Wars vehicles (like the Bounty Hunter gunship, Freeco Speeder, or a Magnaguard starfighter).  There certainly is a demand for stuff like that, likely more than some of the more obscure sequels stuff, but I think if given the choice, your average (read: non-hardcore collector) would rather get the more recognizable item.

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Heck, people (probably not many actual star wars fans though) are hating on Bo-katan now, apparently. And don't get me started on the response to the high republic.

Dang, haven't seen any of that.  I'm curious what people are saying :laugh:

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How does it feel to have won the internet today? :laugh:

Alright, you've got me interested on your purist Bo-Katan. Woves I could see made purist, but Bo-katan eludes me there. What helmet and torso did you use?

Unfortunately I doubt we'd get Ms Reeve's hairpiece if she came in a set, but I guess you never know. Their only hope for now is a gozanti remake, which seems unlikely, but on the other hand I'm sure we'll see them again this season.

I assume OT sells the best, with PT and ST selling around the same behind it, hence the numbers of sets. It's good to see a fellow fan of the entire saga, by the way.

But oh man, I wasn't even alive back then and I know about the ewok backlash. People thought empire strikes back would ruin the saga, too. As long as new content is released, a vocal faction will claim it ruined the franchise forever. Heck, people (probably not many actual star wars fans though) are hating on Bo-katan now, apparently. And don't get me started on the response to the high republic.

Amazing, every word of what you just said... was right. Unfortunately, the internet tends to make things worse and has made any popular fandom an active warzone. 

Aside from talking about how Lego will ratio OT to PT to ST sets, I really hope they take more advantage of the shows and other media as well. What are arguably two of the best Star Wars sets of 2020 are based on The Clone Wars and The Mandalorian (the 501st set and the Razor Crest respectively), so surely Lego will capitalize on how successful both shows have been in the last year.

Side note: I’d love it if they went back and did more with Rebels too, but the lackluster sales of some of those sets are probably why Lego is wary of doing sets based off the shows now. I’d also love it if Lego did more stuff beyond even the shows too (Jedi: Fallen Order and more Galaxy’s Edge sets when?), but that’s a whole other tangent.

In that Brickset interview from back in July, some Lego designers acknowledged that they were aware of the demand for more Mando characters and sets and mentioned that it takes time to get those out. Favreau and Lucasfilm seem to be very keen on preventing spoilers from getting out about this show (which they’ve been pretty good at aside from the casting leaks throughout this year), which explains the delay between the show and the release of merchandise.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Heck, people (probably not many actual star wars fans though) are hating on Bo-katan now, apparently.

Where are you seeing this? I’ve only seen nothing but love for Bo, maybe it’s in circles where they’ve never seen the cartoons? She was kinda played off as a villain, acting threatening, taking off her helmet and calling Din a cultist. 

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

Where are you seeing this? I’ve only seen nothing but love for Bo, maybe it’s in circles where they’ve never seen the cartoons? She was kinda played off as a villain, acting threatening, taking off her helmet and calling Din a cultist. 

Twitter, for um, strange reasons

1 minute ago, Makin Bacon said:

Twitter, for um, strange reasons

Where on twitter can I find this? I need a good laugh.

38 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Amazing, every word of what you just said... was right. Unfortunately, the internet tends to make things worse and has made any popular fandom an active warzone. 

Aside from talking about how Lego will ratio OT to PT to ST sets, I really hope they take more advantage of the shows and other media as well. What are arguably two of the best Star Wars sets of 2020 are based on The Clone Wars and The Mandalorian (the 501st set and the Razor Crest respectively), so surely Lego will capitalize on how successful both shows have been in the last year.

Side note: I’d love it if they went back and did more with Rebels too, but the lackluster sales of some of those sets are probably why Lego is wary of doing sets based off the shows now. I’d also love it if Lego did more stuff beyond even the shows too (Jedi: Fallen Order and more Galaxy’s Edge sets when?), but that’s a whole other tangent.

In that Brickset interview from back in July, some Lego designers acknowledged that they were aware of the demand for more Mando characters and sets and mentioned that it takes time to get those out. Favreau and Lucasfilm seem to be very keen on preventing spoilers from getting out about this show (which they’ve been pretty good at aside from the casting leaks throughout this year), which explains the delay between the show and the release of merchandise.

I know jdubbs mentioned that the speeder bike isn't the only Mandalorian set we're getting in 2021, so it's certainly possible that they just didn't give many details to LEGO (or other toy/merchandise companies) yet, like with The Child, either to prevent leaks or they just didn't want any details coming out before the episodes had premiered.  I doubt it would be something targeted specifically at LEGO, rather that they didn't want it to leak that 

Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, Boba Fett, or whoever else

will show up in the season.  LEGO's pretty tight lipped when it comes to leaks, I almost wonder if the set we know about didn't leak until after the show premiered because the sources inside of LEGO truly were unable to send pictures or anything until now (just speculation on my part, I'm really not sure how exactly these leaks happen), but I could see how in the scramble to get stuff put out, between LEGO, Hasbro, and other companies that make posters or other licensed merch, it probably just increases the chances of stuff getting accidentally leaked early.  Plus, no new molds needed for those characters.

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

Where on twitter can I find this? I need a good laugh.

Ditto, I'm curious to see this as well

Edited by Kit Figsto

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I feel like with the sequels, it'd be mostly focusing on the most popular/recognizable stuff.  Rey's Speeder, Poe's X-Wing, maybe a Crait ski-speeder, First Order Transporter, Kylo's shuttle perhaps, possibly a Resistance Bomber, FO TIE maybe, that's about it.  As far as locations, I can't really see any other than maybe Maz's castle or Ach-To, maybe with some duel stuff (Exegol specifically) if they keep doing those.

To be honest I feel like even some of those options might be stretching it. Sequel Trilogy merchandise in general just doesn't seem to sell that well. Most brands have all but abandoned it and Gentle Giant themselves have stated the demand isn't there.

Going forward the most I think we'll see from Lego are recolored Resistance X-Wings during the periods Luke's version is off the market and if we're lucky the odd duel set. I'm not sure anything else from the trilogy really has the staying power.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

They're mad about Bo Katan's breastplate being shaped around her breasts. Even if it's correct both historically and in-universe people will find something to complain about :hmpf:

Edited by Guyon2002

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Even after the series ends (and we know it'll be at minimum 3 seasons), Baby Yoda and the Mandalorian will still be some of the most popular star wars characters for years to come. That said, we've got 4 system sets over the course of 2 years, so maybe it won't be much either

You could easily swamp the market in Mando sets though. Almost every smaller set (BP notwithstanding) would have to include the same Mando figure, and most would include the Child. I can understand why they might restrict themselves to one Mando set per wave as people would be less likely to buy multiple sets at one sitting if a fair portion of the value was sucked up by repeat figures. 

9 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

The closest I could come was one of the Friends hairpieces. I don't know the names of the dolls though. (Honest.)

8 hours ago, The Stud said:

because they’re the classics and are the only Star Wars films that have never had people screaming “[Insert Director Name Here] ruined Star Wars and my childhood forever!

Lol. You've heard of the Special editions?

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Did someone say IPA?

:pir-huzzah2:

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

note: I’d love it if they went back and did more with Rebels too, but the lackluster sales of some of those sets are probably why Lego is wary of doing sets based off the shows now. I’d also love it if Lego did more stuff beyond even the shows too

The Rebels sets, apart from the Ghost itself, are top notch as well. A real shame they didn't carry on the releases long enough to capture the later seasons. 

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They're mad about Bo Katan's breastplate being shaped around her breasts. Even if it's correct both historically and in-universe people will find something to complain about :hmpf:

I wouldn’t be surprised if those were the same people that also complained about Phasma’s armour NOT being like that :laugh_hard: And I guarantee, if they had changed Bo-Katan’s armour, people would have whined too. You just can’t win with these people, it’s whinging just for the sake of it :wall: Remember the complaints about the previous episode? :snicker:

@Mandalorianknight & @The Stud: Couldn’t agree more with you :sweet: I hope they continue releasing sets based on all three trilogies, the spin-off films, and the four shows as well. The latter have been abandoned a bit, but I hope they get back to them from time to time

51 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ehh. You could hardly find a better silhouette if you wanted a billboard for "powerful woman warrior". 

Koska Reeves however looked like her armour needed its own repulsors.

Potential spoiler follows.

I was expecting more.comments on Bo Katan's age. Even if she was Satine's *much* younger sister, she should be in her 50's at least. I was expecting them to maybe get round it by not showing her face, but they instead went with the rather throwaway line 'you are a crazy cultist'. They recast Ahsoka so why feel the need to keep the same actress for Bo? I think she did a fine job, and turned in a powerful performance but it did distract me.

PS. I am also a bit surprised at the lack of reaction to the Mandalorians having binary gender specific helmets. It isn't a complaint from me certainly, as I'm fairly conservative in my views, but in this age where the smallest detail is dissected by keyboard warriors for political correctness, I would have expected some reaction by now. They complain about binary droid programming after all.

Edited by Redroe

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Remember the complaints about the previous episode? :snicker:

Complainers: BABY YODA IS A CHILD MURDERER!!!! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!
The same complainers the next morning: hmmm I love having these boiled eggs for breakfast!

Still don't understand why people got so angry about that, the eggs were infertile. That's basically the same as us eating chicken eggs :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Complainers: BABY YODA IS A CHILD MURDERER!!!! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!
The same complainers the next morning: hmmm I love having these boiled eggs for breakfast!

Still don't understand why people got so angry about that, the eggs were infertile. That's basically the same as us eating chicken eggs :facepalm:

I think it's because Mando was specifically in charge of taking care of the eggs to thus be fertilised on Trask, so baby yoda eating the eggs was against what frog lady and mando were trying to do. Chicken eggs are unfertilised without a lil fetus thing inside of it. so we ain't eating part of a once living creature. 

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Still don't understand why people got so angry about that, the eggs were infertile. That's basically the same as us eating chicken eggs

I guess they were still fertilisable? I thought it was fine, and totally gross. Eating that spider egg completely freaked me out however.

"Mind your manners. You know what I mean."

It was an amusing tension in the following episode as I was sure for a few moments he was going to eat the frog baby, legs and all.

38 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I was expecting more.comments on Bo Katan's age. Even if she was Satine's *much* younger sister, she should be in her 50's at least. I was expecting them to maybe get round it by not showing her face, but they instead went with the rather throwaway line 'you are a crazy cultist'. They recast Ahsoka so why feel the need to keep the same actress for Bo? I think she did a fine job, and turned in a powerful performance but it did distract me.

"some species age differently." :shrug_oh_well: I think that particular casting choice was more down to the way they were modelled in the Clone Wars; apparently Bo Katan's appearance was directly based on Katee Sackhoff, whereas I'm not sure that was the case with Ashley Eckstein and Ahsoka (I could be wrong though).

I'll add my name to the IPA fanclub here as well. What's the Star Wars equivalent of IPA? Tusken Pale Spotchka?

5 hours ago, The Stud said:

Side note: I’d love it if they went back and did more with Rebels too, but the lackluster sales of some of those sets are probably why Lego is wary of doing sets based off the shows now.

Do we reckon they'd do Rebels again if the sequel series rumours come to fruition?

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Looks like TLG are revealing a new 2021 wave each day this week. Yesterday, it was Harry Potter and today it was Mario’s turn. Let’s hope SW is next :excited: I’ve expressed my disappointment in them, but I still want to see the sets

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Looks like TLG are revealing a new 2021 wave each day this week. Yesterday, it was Harry Potter and today it was Mario’s turn. Let’s hope SW is next :excited: I’ve expressed my disappointment in them, but I still want to see the sets

Harry Potter and Super Mario are all January 1st releases while the first Star Wars wave will release in February. It's not impossible but I doubt SW is next :sceptic:

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Harry Potter and Super Mario are all January 1st releases while the first Star Wars wave will release in February. It's not impossible but I doubt SW is next :sceptic:

Good point, I forgot about the funky release schedule next year... Maybe Marvel then :tongue:

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

For Axe Woves i used Viktor Krum face(Head Dual Sided Male Dark Brown Eyebrows,Cheek Lines,Open Smile/Frown Pattern) with hair from Harry Potter (Black Minifigure, Hair Short Tousled with Side Part) and rest of it is death watch trooper,for bo katan hair you can use Claire Dearing hair (Dark Orange Minifigure,Hair Short,Bob Cut) or Peter Pettigrew hair (Dark Orange Minifigure,Hair Mid-Length Tousled with Center Part),for Bo Katan head you can use range of things like Claire Dearing,April O'Neil,LotR Tauriel,Ginny Weasley,Hermione even Rey head. For armor i used death watch trooper torso,female grey mandalorian arms,pre vizsla legs(you can also use blue mandalorian legs from new bp depending on the budget or even jango fett). I use Bo Katan without helmet,but if you want purist helmet grey female mandalorian is closest i could find and matches her leg and arm color. If LEGO doesnt make her by end of 2021 i will be forced to get non purist helmet from arealight.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes, I've seen some of this on Twitter. 

IMO, the people complaining are completely out of order. They clearly haven't watched Clone Wars or Rebels & don't respect SW canon.

I for one was really pleased to see Bo Katan on The Mandalorian & think Katee Sackhoff was wonderful portraying such an iconic character in live action.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What is she supposed to do, wear something that doesn’t fit her properly and won’t keep her safe? Where were these idiots when The Armourer debuted last year? Or better yet, where were they 10 years ago when Bo was introduced?

RE: the age thing. I just chalked that up to Bo being in peak physical condition, as well as the helmet protecting her skin from sunlight. Not too much of a stretch, especially if you assume she’s the same age as Ahsoka. I really don’t mind, I’m just happy to see the cartoon characters make the transition to live action, especially in this case. For one Bo Katan is nothing short of a badass and Star Wars needs more characters like her, and for two they’ve been itching to bring her into live action since her debut.