Lasse D

Dynamite Mansion from LEGO Masters Denmark with Building Instructions

The first episode of LEGO Masters Denmark has now aired. I am one of the participants, and I want to share some models from the show - and at least one building instruction from something in each episode.

For the first episode the model is Dynamite Mansion

There are building instructions for the model here: https://brickhub.org/i/732

See it in action in the first couple of seconds of this video (the rest requires that you turn on subtitles)

The building:

50_dynamite_mansion.jpg

In the Danish LEGO masters we were asked to inhabit an island. Esben and I chose to build our side in old LEGO Western style. The house here has springs to explode one of the walls. When the wall flies out, the second floor collapses. While the robbers want to see a safe flow out, reality is a bit different:

91_bath.jpg

The robbers are attacking from several angles:

92_bandit.jpg

93_lasse.jpg

The robbers would honestly be a bit disappointed if they got to the safe:

97_teddy.jpg

Hey man, just finished watching. Loved your builds and especially the conversion at the end. Amazing what you were able to achieve in those 3 hours. Best of luck to you and Esben.

Mvh. Lasse :wink:

Thanks for your encouraging comments. I will keep sharing building instructions as long as we stay in the game.

Heh, the 'modularity' possibility for what pops out of the house after detonation is nice. For example, an arrest team instead bathtub.

Very nice, how many hours did you get for that challenge? LEGO Masters NL is nearing the finals.

Thanks. This was the very first episode out of 8. This was a 12 hour challenge + 3 hours to destroy the builds and create escape vehicles.

In my team we tried to surprise the judge by being able to build as much as possible, have as many fun stories, movements and mechanisms as possible, while still keeping it somewhat realistic.

In the three hours we even managed to build a biplane which spanned the entire surface:

biplane_top.jpg

biplane2.jpg

Seen here flown by the host. Pictures taken from LEGO MASTERS/TV2

Nice build, Lasse. My favourite detail is the content of the safe. Very cheeky. 

On the other hand, I wasn't aware there's a Danish LEGO Masters show. Is there a way to watch it outside DK? I can't find it, apart from TV2 chanel.

Thanks. I unfortunately do not know of any legal ways of watching it outside of Denmark. It will have to be TV networks that pick it up. And they will only do so if we build something really extraordinary... so we will try just that!