BrickRandom

[MOC] Apartment building of the future

For a contest last year, I created a 'construction of the future'. I built the 'apartment building of the future'. I didn't win anything of course, but I'm quite happy with the result, so I thought I share some pictures here.

The building
This 'building of the future' consists of several economical tiny houses stacked on top of each other. Each tiny house is equipped with a kitchen, shower, toilet, elevated bed and dining area. Each tiny house has a balcony, suited for enjoying the sunshine of growing your own vegetables. The lower two floors house a bar, where locals are enjoying a drink and a performance by an upstart local band.
The building is powered by solar panels and a windmill on the roof. Transport in the future is by way of bike, flying car or personal jetpack and mail is delivered by drones. This means there is no need for stairs

As the original design was far too big to build in real life (over 7000 pieces and over 1 meter tall), I have also created a somewhat downscaled version and made it compatible with the modular building format. This version can be found on Rebrickable: Apartment of the future modular.

Pictures

And now for some pictures:

640x853.jpg

And more in the 'spoiler' section:

Spoiler

Personal transportation in the future: flying cars and personal jetpacks.

640x480.jpg

All your packages are ofcourse delivered by drone.

640x480.jpg

Power supplied by solar panels and a windmill. Balconies are great for enjoying sunshine of growing you own vegetables.

640x853.jpg

Any city needs a bar. Today, Eliza and The Robots are on stage for their first performance!

640x960.jpg

The apartments are efficient tiny houses, equiped with all you need in a house.

640x960.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by BrickRandom
adding a closing comment

Really good! Original Idea, well executed. Piano robot is cute but looks kind of sad.

Somehow I was reminded of Hundertwasser architecture. Just that the balconies "need" some trees and the different levels of the building different colors.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

On 4/15/2021 at 11:50 PM, Rotbart said:

Somehow I was reminded of Hundertwasser architecture. Just that the balconies "need" some trees and the different levels of the building different colors.

I was not familiar with the works of Mr Hundertwasser, but a quick Google image search of his name yields many interesting MOC ideas!

On 4/16/2021 at 1:29 AM, Scoar Sonander said:

For some reason my vision of the future is...  bicycles! Well, maybe jetpacks, but I don't know...

Yes, definately bicyles, that is my thought as well. But also jetpacks! :laugh: