Best regards

IMG_3068

IMG_3072IMG_3073

IMG_3074IMG_3077

Edited by JintaiZ
Added pictures

21 minutes ago, Master0889 said:

What do you think? 

I think it looks very earthly with it's tan colour scheme.  Kind of like it's been built from sandstone.

But yes, a very fine update indeed!

Are there any more photos?  Particularly of the rear?

Oh, I like this! Very recognizable as a remake of Eldorado Fortress but it still has it's own, updated character. Style-wise it would really fit in well as an official lego set, lots of playability but also not overly huge. It would fit in really well into the current Barracuda Bay and Creator pirate ship world!

Beautiful!:pir-love:

Is it possible to add a description to the first post? This will make it a lot more suitable for blogging.

Thanks! 

Posted (edited)

Lovely work! It feels very true to the original, but with a much higher level of realism and detail. Even though it is mostly built in "earth tones", they are warm enough and varied enough that it doesn't end up feeling dull, gloomy, or sterile.

The one thing I'm not so keen on is the grey color of the crane, since from what I've read, I think most harbour cranes back during the Age of Sail would have been made of wood, not metal. So a standard 1x12 plate in Reddish Brown might feel more realistic than this thinner 1x12 plate with bar in Medium Stone Grey. But I'm nowhere near an expert on that time period, so you should probably take concerns like this with a grain of salt.

There's also a part of me that would've preferred if the water matched the more placid Medium Azur plates from Barracuda Bay, but at the same time, the transparent blue cheese slopes you used work brilliantly for choppy waves against a rocky coastline, so I can't particularly complain. I do sort of wonder how Tr. Light Blue cheese slopes on a layer of Medium Azur plates (instead of Tr. Blue on a layer of Sand Yellow plates) might look as a compromise.

Out of curiosity, do you have any pictures showing the model from behind, or any of the interior details? I know there's not a whole lot of interior space, since you stayed true to the proportions of the original set, so any furnishings are likely fairly sparse. But I'm still interested in seeing whatever you were able to come up with!

EDIT: Just checked out some of your other MOC topics to see what else you have built, and while I don't have the time or energy to comment on all of them, I want you to know I was not disappointed! You have done a remarkable job creating updated versions of all kinds of classic sets, and I will be very excited to see what else you build in the future!

Edited by Aanchir

Excellent work here.  The colors look great.  This is designed very well, I like the slope up to the main gate.  The crane, stairs, and the door to underneath are all great details.  This reminds me of the mountain fortress set from the castle line back in the 90's.  

This truly is a very impressive re-imagining of our beloved Fortress!