Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

[OL - FB] Leaving Kingsport

"Who goes there?" asked the guard, as a column of armoured men approached his position. 
"The Knights of Hades, Terraversa Chapter," replied the stern-looking priest astride the lead horse.

Marching out with flags flying

"And... err... What are the Knights of Hades (Terraversa Chapter) doing this early in the morning?" he asked, increasingly unsure of himself. He was new to the job, and it was late in his shift. 
"We are decamping to Nola Mar, in search of more civilised government."
"And... err... what's in the chest?" he asked, sheepishly. At this stage the column had reached his position, and he had to quickly step aside to avoid being trampled.

"That is for the gods to know," the priest smiled as he passed. 
The Quiver of Artemis would soon be back on safe ground. A replica sat in its place, and the deception would likely never be discovered. Oleon's gamble with this island had failed, but that was no reason to leave a relic of the gods to those money-grabbing Eslandolans.
By the time anyone had the nous to chase after them, the Knights Treasurer would be beyond the borders of this rump state. 

I know possession of the Quiver of Artemis was mentioned during the peace talks, but it wasn't included in the final treaty. As such, I figured there was no way that Canon François and the Knights Treasurer would leave it in Kingsport, and no way that that the new rulers of Western Terraversa would allow an armed Order of Knights to camp out in their capitol. Hence, we're knicking it!

According to the RNTC AMRCA, the RNTC chose to hand the Quiver over to the Order of the Faith, not to Oldis. The only criteria that I could find were that 1) it wasn't removed from Terraversa and 2) that it be available for the Atwi to study if they wanted to. As such, I figure that the Canon's actions here are totally appropriate. If any of the Atwi get suspicious, we'll let them in on the secret. 

It goes without saying that this is really only for story purposes. It won't make any impact on the EGS in any way. As far as the public is concerned, the Quiver that sits in the temple in Terraversa is the real deal. 

44 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

I know possession of the Quiver of Artemis was mentioned during the peace talks, but it wasn't included in the final treaty. As such, I figured there was no way that Canon François and the Knights Treasurer would leave it in Kingsport, and no way that that the new rulers of Western Terraversa would allow an armed Order of Knights to camp out in their capitol. Hence, we're knicking it!

You have misunderstood the treaty. The quiver was to remain in the OL temple in Kings Port. This is really the kind of things that should have been handled in the peace treaty and in the court.

12 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

You have misunderstood the treaty.

I think you misunderstood the treaty. The Quiver was not mentioned in the final treaty document. Only the discussions beforehand. A number of other (sometimes contradictory) positions were also mentioned in those discussions. This discussion is not binding.

I'm happy to take this to the court if you want, but, as I pointed out earlier, 

49 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

this is really only for story purposes. It won't make any impact on the EGS in any way. As far as the public is concerned, the Quiver that sits in the temple in Terraversa is the real deal. 

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

I'm happy to take this to the court if you want

I do.

Edited...

Leaving aside the OC drama, this is a great little build and accompanying story! I have always liked the unique feel of your religious troops and they are displayed well here. You also seem to have a good eye for choosing the right minifig expressions to convey the atmosphere you are trying to project! The impact crater is a nice touch as well.

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

The impact crater is a nice touch as well.

Agreed! When I first saw the crater on Flickr without the benefit of the accompanying story, I thought it was a really cool rotting tree stump technique :pir-grin:

Edited by evancelt

8 minutes ago, evancelt said:

really cool rotting tree stump technique

I actually thought the same myself when I first saw it! 

I for one enjoy the sneakiness employed here.  I hope it stands.

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

I thought it was a really cool rotting tree stump technique :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

I actually thought the same myself when I first saw it! 

I was trying to copy the Moon Lander crater design:

47952719778_2ab0bfe327_b.jpg

That said, I think it might've worked better if I'd sunk it below the level of the grass. Ah well. 

@Kwatchi @Ayrlego @caiman0637Thanks guys!

Edited by Ross Fisher

6 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

You have misunderstood the treaty. The quiver was to remain in the OL temple in Kings Port. This is really the kind of things that should have been handled in the peace treaty and in the court.

Even if it was, if you're not Meta gaming, your character would literally not know the difference.

Unless your character studied the Quiver previously, and would be studying it continuously right now. If the character would have never studied the thing, they simply wouldn't know ever unless someone told them.

Meta gaming is a dangerous thing, and the RP'er who can withstand the temptations, no matter how alluring, tends be the better RP'er. (Plus makes it more fun too in my opinion, could be an interesting story hook, looking for the ""lost"" quiver)

But regardless of that,

Really nice build! I love the small diorama!

4 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Even if it was, if you're not Meta gaming, your character would literally not know the difference.

Unless my character noticed the guard column leaving the temple, etc. My issue is with the statement that nobody would notice. One player does not get to decide the results for other players. There are multiple possibilities. That's why A-MRCAs are reffed by a game master.

2 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Unless my character noticed the guard column leaving the temple, etc. My issue is with the statement that nobody would notice. One player does not get to decide the results for other players. There are multiple possibilities. That's why A-MRCAs are reffed by a game master.

I don't see anywhere it says no one noticed?

The guard notices a whole Squadron carrying a chest leaving the city?

And there is a clear "would likely not notice", clearly being "not likely". 

Plus, if you really want to go that way, I'd say feel free to have your character be eating breakfast at midnight and noticing a guard column leaving the city?

Or just roll with it, ask the guard, or have the guard tell his supervisor who tells someone else who spreads a rumour or something

Edited by Thomas Waagenaar

This matter is being discussed in the proper places, and a solution is underway.

A column of troops is always an imposing view! It's great to see so many of the Knights of Hades. Like the others have mentioned; interesting technique to build the craters. Maybe not tiling the top would make it more rough and crater-like perhaps, like irregular piles of dirt stacked by the explosion instead of it being very smooth?

Simple yet effective wall, as well. The gap is very nicely built. 

3 hours ago, Khorne said:

Maybe not tiling the top would make it more rough and crater-like

Yeah, I'm inclined to think the same. Ah well, it was worth experimenting. The curves are good to help you build a circle, but after that they should probably be removed. 

Nice build, and very in-character actions for the canon! I like the look of the troops, and the story is nice as always. The craters and busted down wall is well done, although I do agree removing the top tiles, at least some of them from the craters and giving them a more jagged edge might improve them a bit. One thing I note that this breach already has a very well-trodden path. Presumably, there was no part prior to the breach, but perhaps it has been used for getting supplies in and out of the city during the siege?

On 4/14/2021 at 5:47 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Quiver of Artemis

There has been some OOC controversy about the extraction of the quiver. It is a bit of an RP grey zone that we can all learn from.

On one hand, we want to allow freedom of personal storytelling, and on the other, at the base of RP is interaction. By extracting the quiver undetected, you are preventing anyone from reacting or interacting. Optimally, you would have done one of two things: Either you give your "opponent" a hook to react to, or you ask for game master input as to whether your attempts to kidnap the quiver succeeds.

Hence, to avoid retconning, the court has decided that @Ross Fisher has come a little too easily around extracting the quiver. To correct this, Ross is to build a small licensable property for TER related to the secret removal of the quiver. A suggestion could be the workshop in which the copy was made, or a chapel with a secret priest hole through which the real was smuggled.

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

One thing I note that this breach already has a very well-trodden path. Presumably, there was no part prior to the breach, but perhaps it has been used for getting supplies in and out of the city during the siege?

I figured troops came in through the breaches, then refugees fled out. 

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

To correct this, Ross is to build a small licensable property for TER related to the secret removal of the quiver.

On it!